Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819802 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by amicdan(m): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2014
Nice job
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
omotolaaaa: My visa application was denied today by the Chinese guy in window 1 in Lagos, he didn't request for documents or anything else, I even tried to pass my documents to him, well I have started filling another form to reapply because that guy didn't grant me fair hearing at all. I'm a student in the university here, single, going to see my friend in New York City and i'll be staying with him. , although in my previous application I booked a hotel with my mum's card and I was heading to atlanta, but since I didn't know anyone there, I decided to use the state where I know someone now maybe it will help me, I don't intend to over stay in the u.s, my passport isn't virgin, i've travelled to dubai severally, dear v.o kindly advise me for my situation and also help us tell your colleagues in lagos to please see our documents and don't assume we are immigrants.
well it seems we are in the same situation , the same guy denied me yesterday too.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
abujaniv:
If you are a student in Nigeria and going to the U.S. as a tourist, then a B1/B2 visa is valid. What you can't do is go to the U.S on a B1/B2 and then change to a student visa (F1) while there. Happy travels!
well I was denied , I answered all questions appropriately without lies, I was really telling the truth and the Chinese guy still denied me, he didn't request for any documents from me, as someone already said no fair hearing at all in Lagos , I applied for b2 , although I intend reapplying and I don't know if that's advisable even though I have signed and submitted another form and ready to pay visa fees again.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adigunomomama(m): 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
chloe7: well I was denied , I answered all questions appropriately without lies, I was really telling the truth and the Chinese guy still denied me, he didn't request for any documents from me, as someone already said no fair hearing at all in Lagos , I applied for b2 , although I intend reapplying and I don't know if that's advisable even though I have signed and submitted another form and ready to pay visa fees again.

Pls dear share ur interview

Mine is coming up next week
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:58am On Sep 08, 2014
abujaniv: Thanks for your question. While every case is different and the consular officer will determine your eligibility for the U.S. visa, applicants traveling on B1/B2 visas for medical care must prove their ability to pay for the expenses, and that includes any outstanding debts for use of public assistance.

thank you but can I renew by using the drop box service or I should go for an interview
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kaykad: 3:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
Dear nairalanders,

please how do i edit my ds160 number on the appointment page i get

If you cancel this appointment, then you will have exceeded the limit of appointments canceled, and will not be able to schedule another appointment until another MRV fee has been paid.

when i try to edit i get this error

Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page.

Please email us if you need to get in touch.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Guidette(f): 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
@VisaOfficer @abujaniv
I am planning to apply for a US visa in 2weeks in Abuja. I am a foreign medical student planning to do my clinical rotations in the US. I have to complete 80 weeks of rotations in the US but I can only apply for a B1/B2 visa because my medical school is located in the Caribbean. I know that because of the visa I am applying for, I can only stay for 6 months at a time.
So for the question that asks about how long I plan to stay in the US, do I put 2years or 6 months?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 7:12am On Sep 09, 2014
@All

Please lets not derail this thread with our own opinions, there are other threads for chats and exchange of opinions/views.

Lets leave this thread for Q&A between you and the VO only.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Blesseddisciple: 7:23am On Sep 09, 2014
Good day VO
A friend intend to apply for a visit to New York for 2 weeks stay, he is a royal personality and will be sponsored by his Kingdom
What should he posses as a document from his kingdom palace to take to the embassy.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
justwise: @All

Please lets not derail this thread with our own opinions, there are other threads for chats and exchange of opinions/views.

Lets leave this thread for Q&A between you and the VO only.

Thank you.
we are sorry justwise, because I know it's me and phema you are talking to..
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
chloe7: we are sorry justwise, because I know it's me and phema you are talking to..

No worries.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kmoney82: 9:58am On Sep 10, 2014
na
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Emblem(m): 11:47am On Sep 10, 2014
Dear VO,

My interview is next week and i will like to know my chances of getting a visa. I am going to houston to visit my best friend for a period of 14 days. I couldn't make it to his wedding due to my busy schedule at work. But right now, i am on leave. I am married but intend going alone, i have a good job. Pls what are my chances of securing a visa.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
kaykad: Dear nairalanders,

please how do i edit my ds160 number on the appointment page i get

If you cancel this appointment, then you will have exceeded the limit of appointments canceled, and will not be able to schedule another appointment until another MRV fee has been paid.

when i try to edit i get this error

Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page.

Please email us if you need to get in touch.

We suggest that you contact the call center to ask about editing your DS-160. The call center's phone number is 014406218.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
Guidette: @VisaOfficer @abujaniv
I am planning to apply for a US visa in 2weeks in Abuja. I am a foreign medical student planning to do my clinical rotations in the US. I have to complete 80 weeks of rotations in the US but I can only apply for a B1/B2 visa because my medical school is located in the Caribbean. I know that because of the visa I am applying for, I can only stay for 6 months at a time.
So for the question that asks about how long I plan to stay in the US, do I put 2years or 6 months?

Thanks.

You can put either one on your application, but be sure to explain your situation at the interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
Blesseddisciple: Good day VO
A friend intend to apply for a visit to New York for 2 weeks stay, he is a royal personality and will be sponsored by his Kingdom
What should he posses as a document from his kingdom palace to take to the embassy.
Thank you.

The required documents for all interviews are 1) passport; 2) interview confirmation/appointment sheet; 3) proof of payment. Beyond that your friend can bring any documents that he thinks will help him to explain his situation and his purpose of travel in the United States.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
kmoney82: Hello VO,

I applied for a tourism visa some years back while studying in the uk to visit my aunt in the us but was refused. Now I'm back in nigeria married and been working for about 2 years now, I intend to reapply with my wife and we will be staying in a hotel in another city because my aunt lives in NY and I used her as my us contact the last time I applied.
My question now is, on the ds-160 form form which asks if you have a contact in the us. Should I put no or yes considering that I used my aunts address in my first application but I will staying in a hotel this time around in a different city.

Thanks

Awaiting your response.

There is no need to provide the information for your aunt in the contact section if you will not being seeing her on the trip. If that is the case, then you can just list the hotel where you will be staying; however, you should list your aunt if you will be traveling to the U.S. to visit her even if you are planning on staying in a hotel.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
Emblem: Dear VO,

My interview is next week and i will like to know my chances of getting a visa. I am going to houston to visit my best friend for a period of 14 days. I couldn't make it to his wedding due to my busy schedule at work. But right now, i am on leave. I am married but intend going alone, i have a good job. Pls what are my chances of securing a visa.

Thank you.

We cannot comment on specific situations or applications in this forum. We wish you luck with your interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by gabriellefrance: 1:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
Good morning. I just discovered Nairaland and thank you for your great jobs here.

This is my second post as i posted first in the immigrant threads.

So here we are:

I am a french national, my parents became US citizen and filled for me a visa FB - unmarried daughter over 21.
- case pending at the USCIS,
- priority date is october 2011
- current priority date will be around 2020 if going trhough to the NVC.

Ma question is: can i ask for a H-1 visa and work for my dad right now? As he needs me to deal with his businessin the USA?
if so, would i still be entitled to the FB1 visa when my priority date become current?
If so, what is the best time to apply for the H-1 visa?

I would like to precise that i would not overstay once my H-1 will expire because I want to make my visa petition properly.

but coming to the USA will gather all my family and my chances of earning more money.

thank you for reading and answering
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by SMARTRON: 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
hello VO:
Good afternoon. i am new here though. i will like to find out how soon me and my family can re apply for a visiting visa to united state after our last application was refused last march on the grounds that we are yet to travel a family. still have 14 days extended leave and my wife 10 days left of her annual leave.although we are not desperate but i would like to mark my wife's 40th birthday with her and our daughter in the state.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by VCTROKOYE: 9:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hi. I am presently studying in Canada. Sometime last year when my visa was about 6 months to expire, I went to US embassy here in Canada for b1/b2 visa, but I was denied. The consular officer only asked me few questions and drew a conclusion that I was not qualified. He asked if I had someone in Canada and I replied no. He also asked about my parents residence. But my dad is late while my mum stays presently in US as a permanent resident. Anyway I gave him the right answer. He typed for a while and he told me that I was not qualified. He told me that he did not have anything against me and that I could re-apply. But he advised me to allow my situation to change before doing so.
I know my mum had applied for my f2b visa. My brother and my sisters are living in US as citizens. But then, I have traveled to UK on three different occasions although it was even before I traveled to Canada for my education. Right now, I have extended my study permit by two years. Please, I don't know if my situation has changed. Thanks for your good work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.