Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped - Sports (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped (72733 Views)

Live Scores Of The Revamped Nigeria Premier League Aka Glo Premier League / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:01am On May 02, 2023
FBS:
I mentioned this 3 seasons ago that the RedBulls are fast but those who don't understand this sport thought otherwise. Glad someone else saw that too.

The new regulations just brought out the beast in them. The RedBulls have insane both straight line speed and in the corners. Just mad speed.

See the way they eat everyone up on the track. No be small thing.

the perfect F1 car IMHO... it will take some time before people catch up to them... see how easy they waltz pass Leclerc this weekend. we might as well enjoy the battles for 3rd, 4th and 5th as this is the only thing interesting lately.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 1:55am On May 02, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

the perfect F1 car IMHO... it will take some time before people catch up to them... see how easy they waltz pass Leclerc this weekend. we might as well enjoy the battles for 3rd, 4th and 5th as this is the only thing interesting lately.
It was like Leclerc was not even there. The rest of the field will have to take this one on the chin and work harder.

Unless RedBull develop some reliability issues, Andrian Newey will be smiling to the bank on every race day. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:38pm On May 02, 2023
FBS:
It was like Leclerc was not even there. The rest of the field will have to take this one on the chin and work harder.
Unless RedBull develop some reliability issues, Andrian Newey will be smiling to the bank on every race day. grin

i think it will take about 2 yrs before teams get their shiit together....by then, Leclerc would probably be tired of Ferrari lacking to give him a world championship car and move to Mercs (i hear he has been talking to them already) while Ham might want to get that "legend status" with a 8th title, and move to Ferrari to get it, since Mercs are dropping the ball lately (that would be something)

as for that new sprint format. it was good for extra points but thats about it... was a waste of a weekend IMHO (especially since cars were in parc fermé since practice 1).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 12:59am On May 03, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

i think it will take about 2 yrs before teams get their shiit together....by then, Leclerc would probably be tired of Ferrari lacking to give him a world championship car and move to Mercs (i hear he has been talking to them already) while Ham might want to get that "legend status" with a 8th title, and move to Ferrari to get it, since Mercs are dropping the ball lately (that would be something)

as for that new sprint format. it was good for extra points but thats about it... was a waste of a weekend IMHO (especially since cars were in parc fermé since practice 1).
Spot on chairman. Absolutely spot on.

What I don't understand is this, Mercedes had the whole time in the world to come up with a better car but bottled it on all fronts. Yeah I get the cap on spending but that car is near useless. They are battling Aston Martin for 4th on the same engine.

RedBull hit gold when they switched to Honda though Alpha Tauri are not exactly lighting up the tracks.

RedBull should run away with this one.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:56pm On May 03, 2023
FBS:

Spot on chairman. Absolutely spot on.

What I don't understand is this, Mercedes had the whole time in the world to come up with a better car but bottled it on all fronts. Yeah I get the cap on spending but that car is near useless. They are battling Aston Martin for 4th on the same engine.

RedBull hit gold when they switched to Honda though Alpha Tauri are not exactly lighting up the tracks.
RedBull should run away with this one.

Mercs are like a stubborn child sticking to its choice, even though its been shown time and time again that its not IT.

last weekend was IMHO such a waste of time and a boring race. all this yeye sprint nonsense, and when you get to the race, its so boring that nobody can be overtaken after being on the same tyres for almost the whole race. imagine?! this new F1 format is more boring than exciting...
DRS that doesnt help anyone pass people in front, unless you are RBR, is that type of race fun to watch?!
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 12:11am On May 05, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

Mercs are like a stubborn child sticking to its choice, even though its been shown time and time again that its not IT.

last weekend was IMHO such a waste of time and a boring race. all this yeye sprint nonsense, and when you get to the race, its so boring that nobody can be overtaken after being on the same tyres for almost the whole race. imagine?! this new F1 format is more boring than exciting...
DRS that doesnt help anyone pass people in front, unless you are RBR, is that type of race fun to watch?!
Hopefully Mercedes gets their acts together.

Re last weekend: I guess the aim was just to try something different whereby cars are not just running around the tracks for 2 days.
The idea was to have "competitive" practise sessions cheesy
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chris81964(m): 10:31pm On May 06, 2023
Check on pole in Miami.

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 10:32pm On May 06, 2023
Checo is like the street racing gawd at this point. If all the races were street races he probably becomes World Champion
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:28pm On May 07, 2023
Mercs doing a 1-2 in practice 1 and then failing miserably afterwards, all the way through qualifying...
Leclerc crashing in the same extact corner twice in 2 days...

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 10:12pm On May 07, 2023
A40:
Checo is like the street racing gawd at this point. If all the races were street races he probably becomes World Champion

Gawds have levels, it seems.

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 1:00am On May 08, 2023
budaatum:

Gawds have levels, it seems.
Well what can I say. Super Max reminding me there's no limits to his greatness. Didn't think he could pull a win from 9th place but I was wrong

Alonso on pole again. Interesting season this one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 2:15am On May 08, 2023
A40:
Well what can I say. Super Max reminding me there's no limits to his greatness. Didn't think he could pull a win from 9th place but I was wrong

Alonso on pole again. Interesting season this one

"Alonso on pole again", lol. His hope is in Monaco.

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 2:29am On May 08, 2023
budaatum:

"Alonso on pole again", lol. His hope is in Monaco.
Sorry na podium I been wan talk. Can't be talking about pole obviously na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 2:08pm On May 08, 2023
A40:
Sorry na podium I been wan talk. Can't be talking about pole obviously na

I know. We shall soon though hopefully.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 3:06pm On May 17, 2023

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 12:18am On May 26, 2023
It's Monaco next.

Getting pole position is very key here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 11:32am On May 28, 2023
Verstappen on pole, Alonso 2nd.

What is Aston Martin cooking?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 12:19pm On May 28, 2023
A40:
Verstappen on pole, Alonso 2nd.

What is Aston Martin cooking?

And Leclerc not 3rd.

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 6:09pm On May 28, 2023
budaatum:

And Leclerc not 3rd.
Lol Leclerc is out of contention. Ferrari are finished
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 6:11pm On May 28, 2023
Verstappen is so clear of the rest it's not even funny. He lapped Perez twice grin
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 10:05pm On May 28, 2023
A40:
Lol Leclerc is out of contention. Ferrari are finished

Very finished. This season at least.

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 4:38am On May 31, 2023
Max/RedBull way ahead of everyone.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 9:09am On May 31, 2023
budaatum:

Very finished. This season at least.
Ferrari are just living on their name brand it's a pity they can't provide a competitive car anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by sneakershub8: 6:10pm On May 31, 2023
Is it too early to say Lance Stroll is a disappointment?
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2023
sneakershub8:

Depends what you expected from him to start with.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by sneakershub8: 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2023
budaatum:

Depends what you expected from him to start with.

Given what Alonso has been doing, and seeing the two drivers of each of the other top teams, RB, Ferrari and Mercedes are on top of each other in the standings, it is only expected of him to be closer to Alonso in the standings
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2023
After Norris on lap 1 I almost slept.

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 1:13am On Jun 05, 2023
sneakershub8:
We all know he's on the team cos his dad owns the team
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 1:14am On Jun 05, 2023
Verstappen made it look too easy. Impressive from Hamilton to wind up 2nd. These other guys really aren't a threat. And it's not just the car either else Perez would be up in front with him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
same way last year in Barcelona, the Mercs fooled us into believing that their car was "fixed" and then the next race it was a disaster again.....let us jejely wait and see before thinking that they have a "better" car

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by budaatum: 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
A40:
We all know he's on the team cos his dad owns the team

It's F1. Most drivers are on the team because someone is paying for them to be there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (52) (Reply)

Before & After Photos Of Paul Pogba Show That No Condition Is Permanent / Nigeria Vs Hungary: FIFA U17 World Cup (4 - 2) Full Time / Team Okocha Vs Carles Puyol - 2 - 5 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.