Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? (21637 Views)

Can True Love Exist In Poverty? / Can True Love Exist In Poverty? / Can Love Exist Without Jealousy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
Cecediva: Can true love exist in poverty?

I have asked people around but nobody seems to give me a direct answer.

Your opinion please kiss

Only love can do miracles.Christ told us that without love then all that we do is rubbish.
Love can and will inspire the poorest couple to find a way out.
Only love can heal the world.that is you and me.amen
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
Well, btwn 2 poor pple , yea its possible.. If they av the same drive and vision 2 suceed. But wit d way, nija economy is? If op, talks abt d rich and d poor bn successfully inlove... Nah I doubt it.. Am sorry, am sarcastic on dis issue.. But av realised that when a rich person mistakenly fall inlove wit a poor person from d opposite sex? D poor will see d rich as Maga don come o!... Painfully sad but. True.. So for peacee of mind.. D rich couples up wit d rich/ comfortable.. While d poor struggles wit d poor 2 get 2 d top.. My 2 cents
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by joshrare(m): 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2014
Pls help, I need answers

What is love?
Why should I love?
How do I love?
Who do I love?

Serioously I need a candid answer
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Boss347(m): 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
My dear to be honest yea? No true love nowadays in poverty. Let's not deceive ourselves.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Imoy(m): 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
Na love I go chop?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Edd1e(m): 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
for me, i dnt bliv in luv. true love doesn't exist, at least nt anymore. nowadays, poverty=money=luv (so called). rmemba, money makes the world go round and other things follow suit
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Mariopgomery(m): 11:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nigerians are just to materialistic, this topic has been askd about a million times in this forum but its funny cuz majority of nigerians are poor and majority of the poor people are married. no matter how poor u are there is someone out there for you.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by delpee(f): 12:09am On Jul 23, 2014
Love that can not withstand bad times, poverty inclusive, is useless.
Read 1 Corinthians 13 for the full meaning of love.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by deavicky(m): 12:35am On Jul 23, 2014

Your opinion please kiss
yes, but for village
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by NellyGhenghen(m): 1:02am On Jul 23, 2014
A real woman would stand by your side and fight to help you make someone out of you. The problem only arises when you yourself no cooperate.

3 Likes

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 23, 2014
This is, like, an illogical dehumanization of the poor.

What should differentiate the rich from the poor in their human ability to love? Poverty is terrible, but it's not like it make us any less capable of expressing human emotions and behaviors.

Or does money = love now? undecided

Anyway, 40-80% of the world is poor depending on the financial parameters you'd like to set. For instance, 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day.

You decide.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Jesuspistol(m): 6:01am On Jul 23, 2014

Your opinion please kiss

1st of all. I must say I'm humbled dat a lady could ask a question such as this. Most ladies don't give a damn about love without money. Although u didn't mention if d lady too is poor or she has money

But my sincere answer is yes, love can exist in poverty. But how 'true' d love would be depends on the maturity of d lady's mind. Trust me guys can live a poor life in full happiness for a long time..they're naturally built like dat. But d lady, hmm, I doubt. A lady would believe a man loves him depending on how much or how frequently d man gives her things.

Anyway true love can exist in poverty FOR A WHILE with a mature-minded lady (I would say a 'risk-mastering' lady-a lady who prepares her mind dat even if it does not work out later I'll love him at the moment). However if d lady has d money, then d love could surely last longer.

But don't ever make d mistake dat marrige can exist in poverty o. Lai lai. Or that d love can stay long in poverty...nah. Not with d civilized ladies of nowadays. Only money brings out the lovely womanhood in them.

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Moblord(m): 6:19am On Jul 23, 2014
Davido Aye video is a demonstration
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Whizpeter(m): 6:29am On Jul 23, 2014
angela98: Yes it can. It depends on the foundation of ur relationship. In poverty u can make the most of what u have. More so, if u both are contented and maintain your own lane, why not? It also depends on what the couple sees as important in their relatiobship. I can date a poor man and enjoy the relationship wella. Life is not stagnant you know. Humans are intrepid we carry on. cool

Lol.... So would you mary a roadside newspaper vendor? grin
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by cynthia3d(f): 6:49am On Jul 23, 2014
There's no love in poverty is as simple as that when there's no money no sweet hesrt no honey or those lovely name u may want to call each other but wheb there's money everytin seems right and moves cool no fighting no unecessary anger money and loves moves the world round if u say its lie y den are u working y do u need a better job
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by onyekap: 7:21am On Jul 23, 2014
True love can very well dwell in poverty, for Love and Poverty/wealth have very different concepts. That One is in love with Another does not vary and not dependent on wealth. A lady that is sticking to a wealthy man for his wealth and not love him would certainly reserve her love somewhere very secretly, only known to her. Let's stop the game. Love is everything!
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by onyekap: 7:27am On Jul 23, 2014
[quote author=onyekap]True love can very well dwell in poverty, for Love and Poverty/wealth have very different concepts. That One is in love with Another does not vary and not dependent on wealth. A lady that is sticking to a wealthy man for his wealth and not love him would certainly reserve her love somewhere very secretly, only known to her. Let's stop the game. Love is everything![/quote
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by fyneboi79(m): 7:30am On Jul 23, 2014
Dorrobucci: How can u live a happy life when you can't be able to provide for your patner.
Money can only bring comfort, it never brings happiness.Money can only trigger lust , it can never breed true love.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by onyekap: 7:49am On Jul 23, 2014
tuffgongjo: Bukky use to tell me "I won't leave u for another"(story) but when I still dey struggle as an undergraduate she meet another guy who was spending cash constantly,my people 2years relationship enter auto-delete sharply.

You see my brother, it may well be that her love for you was dead, she finds another or that she chose to live with wealth and sacrice you her love.. Love is strong.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by duby91(m): 8:06am On Jul 23, 2014
Well, this is quite a difficult question if you ask me...you know why? some people will love you unconditionally in poverty but when the money comes they disappear, while some people will love you unconditionally when the money is there but once money is no more they disappear. its quite confusing...but what is love sef?
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Naam22(f): 9:07am On Jul 23, 2014
Yes its does,money has nothing to do with love,I prefare to be with a poor guy that loves and respect me than a rich dude without Character

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Joshuadon: 9:09am On Jul 23, 2014
yea surely it can exist..............[size=15pt]but ladies of nowadays are money mongers[/size]

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by bunwok1994: 9:49am On Jul 23, 2014
This na jamb question
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by bunwok1994: 9:51am On Jul 23, 2014
That is not for girls of nwadays
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by coolvitus(m): 10:58am On Jul 23, 2014
To me is very unfortunate dt love those not exist in naija wht we commonly have is just interest in each other and lust bt love not @ all becoz when u talk of love u can only find it in jesus christ which no one has bn able to prove over the time so no money no love I talk with a gal I asked her can u marry someone who is not rich she said hell No so it is.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by Chicjennie(f): 12:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
Date a man for 6 years without a job then U'd understand the true meaning of POVERTY!!!.. Initially, you may see no harm in it but when years begin to go by, Abeg. It becomes very frustrating! LET'S FACE REALITY.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by dannyfillz(m): 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
Acidosis:
uncommon but it happens. I don't think its proper to love someone because they have something you love. What you love about her could fade away.

When you love HER (not something about her); then she becomes a part of you. This kind of love never dies even after death.
Your comments are just excellent
Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by tracybanger: 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
Looking for honest and trustworthy lady for a serious relationship and you can reach me through my phone number lol 07066280522 Femi...
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by teelady(f): 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
love is real........money will come, be patient

1 Like

Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by princenayo: 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
There could be love without Money but No romance without Finance.
Re: Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? by SenatorJames(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2014

Your opinion please kiss
Before I can successfully answer your question, you will have to define what poverty is to you, with that I can view it from your perspective.

What some people see as riches, is poverty to others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Hack Someones Whatsapp Account / Know Us Better (Guys Edition) / Nairalander's Traditional And White Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.