Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

My Boyfriend Slapped Me! - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Boyfriend Slapped Me! (17667 Views)

My Sister In Law Slapped Me / Husband Slapped Me Over An Argument / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by chubbyzegna(m): 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
hooper24:
This one was a mistake that I regret with everything in me. I know am ready to model my self and be a better person. Just give me the very last chance.
Take a break, think about everything said here, work on it before even talking about a relationship again, jumping back into your arms will only result in more quarrels, please stop making me do this. Person wey dey where you slap and abused me verbally won't believe this is you o, I don't like seeing you like this, its making me look like a wicked person and I don't like that, please log out I beg you.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by hooper24(m): 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by ninovandross(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mynd44: All these people looking for faceless people to back them up sef....

You intend to forgive him and go back to him you have made that choice before opening this thread so why bother us by asking?
I tire oh
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
Looks like the story grew legs...

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
beeevan:

The reason every woman should own a pestle grin.

As in a pestle and mortar? Loll playing up the kitchen crap, eh?

Re-arrange and change some vowels around, and you'll have something I do know how to operate lipsrsealed
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
I did not intend to comment....but I'm enjoined to do so at this juncture.
@op, if truthfully its really his first time of hitting you, and he has never shown such tendencies before...and in your heart of hearts you believe it was a one-off occourence, if I were you, I'll give him a 2nd chance.
Its called benefit of doubt. Let's believe he did not mean It like he said.
Consequentlly...if you do get back together and by mistake or intention he hits you....for any reason at all......that 2nd chance should be his last.
Its that simple. The thread shouldn't have even gotten to 5 pages at all. We're women....we know what to do to get to these men......to find out what we need....to get them back them in line when they misbehave......we have all it takes.
We're all humans, sometimes we make mistakes we may not have even thought possible of ourseleves. Our efforts to make sure it never repeats itself is what makes it a mistake.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
chubbyzegna: To cut the whole story short, the slap didn't happen during an argument, I walked into the room while he was talking about me in a not so good manner to a mutual friend of ours who happened to be around, (the real argument some hours ago) I sat on an empty chair while he was sitting somewhere else, I said nothing while he continued talking, it got to a point and I said please can I have my wristwatch back as I will be leaving soon(I gave it to him to help me replace something in it), he said he wouldn't give it to me and then I said he was only kidding, he suddenly stood up, asked me to vacate the chair that he wants to use it, I ignored him, he tapped me and I said, "you've been sitting there why must you remember this chair only when I sat on it" before I know wetin happen, I begin see stars, I couldn't take it, I just saw myself retaliating, that was what happened.

Jessybarbie or Chubbyzegna, if this recap above is how it really happened, I beg of you to forgive him, (only you have the final say though).

The fact is; no genuine abuser hits his target in the presence of a mature third party. In the presence of kids, maybe, but not in front of someone mature, who can intervene.
Your boyfriend is not an abuser. He made a bad decision which he should never have made. This is just so sad.

chubbyzegna: I wish it were, I'm glad he even brought it here, if I had told it myself from the onset, it would seem worse than it already is, I'm even ashamed to tell anybody why I'm really leaving cos it will seem I'm insulting him.

I wanted to assume that 'the slap' was the only issue behind your disagreements but the emboldened makes me feel otherwise.
Do only what you feel is best, but as far as 'the slap' goes, he was being childish and deserves a second chance.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Wallade(m): 5:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
The decision to accept him back is yours. If you know you can honestly forgive him, then do so.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by chubbyzegna(m): 6:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
theLORDreigns:

Jessybarbie or Chubbyzegna, if this recap above is how it really happened, I beg of you to forgive him, (only you have the final say though).

The fact is; no genuine abuser hits his target in the presence of a mature third party. In the presence of kids, maybe, but not in front of someone mature, who can intervene.
Your boyfriend is not an abuser. He made a bad decision which he should never have made. This is just so sad.

I wanted to assume that 'the slap' was the only issue behind your disagreements but the emboldened makes me feel otherwise.
Do only what you feel is best, but as far as 'the slap' goes, he was being childish and deserves a second chance.
Yea well he's childish a lot if that's the case, he's slapped an ex girlfriend also and that's why I believe it will happen again, the fact that I told him I'll never take such, he hit me, reminded me, I said I wouldn't take such and went on to say he wanted to prove I only have my mouth and stupid ego, tells me he did it on purpose just to show me I can't do anything even if he panel beats me as he said, I can't just get past all that and many more, not now atleast.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
chubbyzegna: Yea well he's childish a lot if that's the case, he's slapped an ex girlfriend also and that's why I believe it will happen again, the fact that I told him I'll never take such, he hit me, reminded me, I said I wouldn't take such and went on to say he wanted to prove I only have my mouth and stupid ego, tells me he did it on purpose just to show me I can't do anything even if he panel beats me as he said, I can't just get past all that and many more, not now atleast.

From the beginning of this thread I have never supported him... until you said a mature individual was present. This changes everything.

I do not wish to drag this any further... if 'the slap' is the ONLY reason for your decision, you may want to have a re-think. If it is not, feel free to do whatever you see as best for yourself.

We're only human...
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
shizzleStar:
Working on it? indeed! grin

Any way i can tell the guy involved is here, lets see how it goes

I will not have any word from you on my change of stance... just zip it! angry sad embarassed
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by chubbyzegna(m): 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
theLORDreigns:

From the beginning of this thread I have never supported him... until you said a mature individual was present. This changes everything.

I do not wish to drag this any further... if 'the slap' is the ONLY reason for your decision, you may want to have a re-think. If it is not, feel free to do whatever you see as best for yourself.

We're only human...
Alright, thanks, I appreciate.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by lilmax(m): 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
Divorce him,according to nairaland women grin

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by RoyalRoy(m): 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
bukatyne:

LOL!

And people (men & women) are marrying every week, some even doing multiple wedding ceremonies in a location.

Until women start marrying themselves emasse, 'men are scarce holds no water'

If you are now referring quality wise, hmmm you have a point but then again it goes both ways grin

Quality always supercedes Quantity
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
RoyalRoy:

See hypocrites.... welcome madam!!! Did you miss the part where she slapped him back and even did more?

Here::::::

I guess she too is not a wife material herself tongue tongue

@Op.... truth be told you have retaliated back and that makes both of you equally guilty of whatever violence that went down that day.

If you said because a man slapped you and you decided to retaliate and he wasn't even comfortable enough to continue in the silly "cat-fight" then you both need counselling on anger management.

So you will be breaking up with everyone who slapped you?
Get a good counsel and give each other a second shot.

By the way what did u do or say to him to get a slap after two whole years of non violence?
abi she sabi the number of men wey go still slap am before she die ni?
(continues doing push ups... 211, 212, 213, 214....

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by RoyalRoy(m): 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
theLORDreigns:

We're only human...

You are not pure... not at all.

Yoruba adage says...." a. Gbo ejo enikan da agba osika ni'....meaning an adult who makes judgement on a one sided story is not a worthy elder.

You have "spammed" this thread with a loud "noise" of !leave him because of one slap in two years!!!."

The truth be told... I believe women like you are exactly the opposite of what you preach. If you follow your own rules according to the gospel you are preaching here... you sure will remain single till Jesus comes.

But then... everyone is entitled to their opinion. I Wish You well babe!!!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
MzMariah: Op sorry about the slap o, you failed to tell us what transpired between you both that prompted him to slap you for the first time in 2 years. It is wrong for a man to hit a woman, I fear men that hit ladies but you also retaliated which is not ladylike. He slapped you and your retaliated, all the while you were hitting him he did not retaliate which obviously meas he regretted slapping you in the first place. You retaliating shows that you can't even stand pressure in marriage, when your husband says one you will say 20, you can even fight him gan. ( I'm not supporting the fact that he slapped you o).

For me o, you are as guilty as him, He slapped you and you retaliated. you both should go for counselling and if you feel you can't continue with the relationship then let it go. You alone can decide what you want. but please think before you act, follow your heart, nobody can decide for you .
Kaiiiii Mariah!!!
I no know say you get sense like this.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
softsparkyy:
Kaiiiii Mariah!!!
I no know say you get sense like this.
You..... I tap small from your sense na grin grin How you dey na? I don miss you o, since morning sad
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
MzMariah: You..... I tap small from your sense na grin grin How you dey na? I don miss you o, since morning sad
My love na work ooooo . Hope you're good.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
softsparkyy:
My love na work ooooo . Hope you're good.
I'm good o, I just miss you all. smiley what did you buy for me?
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
jessybarbie: Before now, I have already made up my mind not to have anything to do with any man that lays his hand on me and he knows this. I have being dating him for two years now and just in the middle of a big quarrel two days ago he slapped me. I reacted immediately and hit him as much as I could but he did not retaliate but felt really bad and started begging me immediately to forgive him.

I have sworn to him that it is over between us. He is begging, pleading, crying, asking our friends to intercede and loads of other stuffs that I can not put down here just to have me at least forgive him and be his friend again but I have declined because I believe that this can happen again.

I want to know if there is a way that it can work again between us? We have gotten to a stage that we are more than just bf and gf. We had great plans for the future if things turns out well but this singular act have altered everything and we are both hurting.

Is there any way to remedy this relationship or is it truly over forever?

if i were you, i would endure the slap but my case is more serious, just hear me out

Dear family and friends, as i am writing just know that all is not well.
I woke up this morning only to discover something is after me. this thing has being ongoing for almost a year now. Anyways just last week i decided to make pancake, only to discover the pancake was awful, i checked my self well only to find out that THEY haven't stopped chasing me.
Today i decided to make pancake again but it ended up being pancracker because it didn't look like pancake at all.
Oh ye ILLUMINATI if you think my love for pancake will make me join you cult, then y'all must be dreaming.
My name is donnypool and i am a victor.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
RoyalRoy..

My stance on domestic abuse remains. Zero tolerance.

Be sure to never lay a hand on your woman, no matter the provocation...

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Gudiza(m): 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
this thread is a jokegrin
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by RoyalRoy(m): 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
theLORDreigns: RoyalRoy..

My stance on domestic abuse remains. Zero tolerance.

Be sure to never lay a hand on your woman, no matter the provocation...

Good.. at least you know what you stand for. This Op sjre doesn't know what she stands for!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
RoyalRoy:
Good.. at least you know what you stand for. This Op sure doesn't know what she stands for!! tongue tongue tongue

Its easier for you to attack the OP than it is for you to accept that her boyfriend goofed!

She is not under any obligation to take him back. He can only appeal to her to have a change of mind.

She's devoid of any blame whatsoever...

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
angela98: If your boyfriend slaps you its a sign of an aggressive, abusive man. You never marry am he slaps u like that. What will happen if he marries you, of course he will knife you. I wonder what you are still doing with the guy. Please walk out of that relationship fast. He doesn't deserve you. He is a loser. Its a loser that hits a woman period. cool
some ppl can give bad advice
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Oahray: 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
jessybarbie:

There can not be any justifiable reason to hit a woman!
let's say this is true. Shouldn't the same apply to a woman hitting a man? Even self-defence isn't reason enough.

You both lack respect for each other. Forget the "first time" crap. It happened once, it would happen again till one of you kills the other.

You both are as bad as each other. Breakup and save yourselves the stress of future fights.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by baybiemee: 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
@ chubbyzegna, Pls move on, or u will regret going back.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by soonest(f): 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Quality always supercedes Quantity
Now it's quality and not men are scarce. Smh. Please be consistent,d same thing u asked theLordreigns to do
RoyalRoy:
You are not pure... not at all.
Yoruba adage says...." a. Gbo ejo enikan da agba osika ni'....meaning an adult who makes judgement on a one sided story is not a worthy elder.
You have "spammed" this thread with a loud "noise" of !leave him because of one slap in two years!!!."
The truth be told... I believe women like you are exactly the opposite of what you preach. If you follow your own rules according to the gospel you are preaching here... you sure will remain single till Jesus comes.
But then... everyone is entitled to their opinion. I Wish You well babe!!!

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Oahray: 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
The thread is even a joke. One person obviously own all three monikers jare grin

Gosh! Why did I not read every page first before commenting? grin

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by pickabeau1: 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
Oahray: let's say this is true. Shouldn't the same apply to a woman hitting a man? Even self-defence isn't reason enough.

You both lack respect for each other. Forget the "first time" crap. It happened once, it would happen again till one of you kills the other.

You both are as bad as each other. Breakup and save yourselves the stress of future fights
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by rightflank: 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
If you have a tough decision: Flip a coin -- Not to decide for you, but you'll realize what you really want when it's in the air.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? / CONTACT US FOR YOUR FURNITURE / Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.