Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

My Boyfriend Slapped Me! - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Boyfriend Slapped Me! (17668 Views)

My Sister In Law Slapped Me / Husband Slapped Me Over An Argument / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by bukatyne(f): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Men are not scarce?

He he he... I pity you and anyone who believes in your statements

LOL!

And people (men & women) are marrying every week, some even doing multiple wedding ceremonies in a location.

Until women start marrying themselves emasse, 'men are scarce holds no water'

If you are now referring quality wise, hmmm you have a point but then again it goes both ways grin

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
bukatyne:

LOL!

And people (men & women) are marrying every week, some even doing multiple wedding ceremonies in a location.

Until women start marrying themselves emasse, 'men are scarce holds no water'

If you are now referring quality wise, hmmm you have a point but then again it goes both ways grin

My dear, bottom of the barrel men like to tell themselves women have few options. That's why they behave the way they do.

7 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
chubbyzegna: And people may wonder why I focus on you, I knew you'd see it the way it is.

He is here so I won't want to say things that would seem like I'm insulting him but if truth must be told, imagine someone who claims to love you asking you in the presence of his friends, if he ever told you he'd marry you or if you are even his fiancee, who do you think you are to want to get involved in certain aspects of his life eg finance, abeg I no wan talk and now he's here begging, I just wonder how I stayed for 2 years.
For real? shocked shocked
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by baby124: 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
chubbyzegna: And people may wonder why I focus on you, I knew you'd see it the way it is.

He is here so I won't want to say things that would seem like I'm insulting him but if truth must be told, imagine someone who claims to love you asking you in the presence of his friends, if he ever told you he'd marry you or if you are even his fiancee, who do you think you are to want to get involved in certain aspects of his life eg finance, abeg I no wan talk and now he's here begging, I just wonder how I stayed for 2 years.

My dear, dont fall for anyone that says it is your fault. Your boyfriend is totally responsible for his actions as an adult and should be held firmly to that. He should know that he is disrespectful, childish and not ready to be a married man.

One, you dont disrespect your woman in front of anyone. However you treat her is how your friends and family will treat her.

Two, you absolutely do not discuss your woman and your relationship with anyone outside of the relationship. When you both decided to enter a relationship, it was a decision between you two and no one else. T

Three, you do not provoke whom you love. It is not right to put them under any stress, emotionally and physically. What gain do you get from seeing the one you love in pain or sad?

Four, you do not hit anyone. Even a child, it is absolutely wrong to slap a child. You can smack on the bum. Even beating a child has limits, not to talk of an adult or someone you want to marry. There are some things you do that though you forgive, is hard to forget. A spoken word, and violence. People should be careful.

Goodluck Zegna.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by hooper24(m): 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2014

I guessed as much.
He was trying to act macho and "Manly" boasting to his friends, like those who come on line and shout "God forbid that I let my woman do this or that" now kasal has burst and he is on his own begging, no friend to help him beg. Value your relationships it saves you loads of headache, stop trying to prove silly points to anyone, stay in love and be happy, life is too short.
Good for you sister, you get brain
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by hooper24(m): 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by chubbyzegna(m): 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
hooper24:
You also said some pretty bad things too and pushed me out of your apartment. I regret everything that I said. Don't regret something that made you happy at a time.
Tell them what I said and what you did, I asked you to leave nicely but you wouldn't and kept calling me names which is the reason why I tried to pull you by the arm in the first place, I couldn't even pull you sef. You never stop when you start the names calling, you say things that could hurt the bones because you like hurting me, abeg I refuse to do this with you here or anywhere again.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by baby124: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
hooper24: @baby124 I know that I was wrong. I am truly remorseful and such rubbish won't repeat it self again. Will I be killed for this crime that I committed? People make mistakes. Am sorry for mine, truly!

Be honest with us here if you are remorseful. What was your goal with what you did. You have not disputed her claims here at all. So it is probably true. So, you do agree that you were trying to show off to your friend that you are manly when it comes to Zegna. When you know you are truly butter. You see what doing more than your power has brought you. Is that friend worth all this now Careful the friends you keep. If you have to maintain such friendship by stepping on others and hurting them. Maybe it is time to reevaluate your friends

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by zeb04(f): 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
MissMeiya:

My dear, bottom of the barrel men like to tell themselves women have few options. That's why they behave the way they do.
it is only a weak man will use that statement to justify his wrong doing.
undecided what a silly thing to say.
Actually op,I thought you guys had a very serious arguement but to think its because of a chair,am highly dissapointed an adult will hit a lady coz of something so little. I advise you move on and don't pay attention to those men who have nothing else to say other than men are scarce.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
I'm very disappointed at the details that are now coming out. I have to withdraw my suggestion that you give him another chance. Do what you feel is best for you.

Guy, you need to work on yourself. 27 years is way way too old to be behaving like this.

Disclaimer: assuming this isn't an elaborate joke
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by hooper24(m): 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by chubbyzegna(m): 4:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
baby124:

Be honest with us here if you are remorseful. What was your goal with what you did. You have not disputed her claims here at all. So it is probably true. So, you do agree that you were trying to show off to your friend that you are manly when it comes to Zegna. When you know you are truly butter. You see what doing more than your power has brought you. Is that friend worth all this now Careful the friends you keep. If you have to maintain such friendship by stepping on others and hurting them. Maybe it is time to reevaluate your friends
Its not his friends(atleast the ones I know), his friends that are friends with me know all these, they even complain to me sef, when he disagrees with them and I try to tell him everything does not have to go so far, he shouts down at me in front of them, telling me to shut up as he wasn't talking to me.

I won't lie o, I end up saying things to him but they are usually things like "why are you this shallow, your mentality is so strange, and when I get really angry "Bleep you, gerrout"etc and its only after trying to explain why he shouldn't be that way to no avail.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by pickabeau1: 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
this is a potentially destructive relationship

Both of you should take a chill pill

Move on

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by baby124: 4:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
hooper24:
I did not act to show anybody that I was manly, if I defend myself here it might show that am not all that remorseful. All am saying is that she give me the very last chance to make all this thing up to her. If I ever show any sign of verbal abuse again, let her not listen to me again. Am shedding tears as am writing this. Please you guys should see what am saying. Am totally sorry.

No one can make her do anything. The decision lies with her. Value your relationship because it is obvious you love her but cant control yourself. You need to learn to control yourself. You dont always have to fight, be in an argument or have the last word in an argument. There is enough time in the day for you to call her calmly, after you have calmed down and say your piece. If you cant control yourself and you see an argument is starting, just walk away you hear?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
hooper24:
I did not act to show anybody that I was manly, if I defend myself here it might show that am not all that remorseful. All am saying is that she give me the very last chance to make all this thing up to her. If I ever show any sign of verbal abuse again, let her not listen to me again. Am shedding tears as am writing this. Please you guys should see what am saying. Am totally sorry.

The truth is, actions really do speak louder than words. If you want her to forgive you, you should show her why she should. It's not us you have to convince, it's her.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by chubbyzegna(m): 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
hooper24:
You shouldn't have brought this here but you think you can still win me back, I'm done. If you are so sure I'm the problem(not saying I don't have my own problems) just that yours are way mightier, then go ahead and defend yourself.

My major problem is that I can be very blunt and you always take it as an insult.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by bukatyne(f): 4:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
MissMeiya:

It is well cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by hooper24(m): 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by baby124: 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
chubbyzegna: Its not his friends(atleast the ones I know), his friends that are friends with me know all these, they even complain to me sef, when he disagrees with them and I try to tell him everything does not have to go so far, he shouts down at me in front of them, telling me to shut up as he wasn't talking to me.

I won't lie o, I end up saying things to him but they are usually things like "why are you this shallow, your mentality is so strange, and when I get really angry "Bleep you, gerrout"etc and its only after trying to explain why he shouldn't be that way to no avail.

It is your decision if you want to stay with him. It is obvious he needs to work on himself a lot. You also should not be insulting him in public or private or ever. When he starts, you can easily walk away and leave him alone. When everyone, even his friends start avoiding him when he starts shouting. He will find better ways to approach them. Dont give him the opportunity to even talk to you anyhow in public. Before you walk down the aisle with him, he needs a lot of work. A lot. If he does not change, you both will end up having a violent marriage. Take a step back on this relationship and watch him closely, and you need time to make sure he has learnt and is constantly trying to change.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
baby124:

No one can make her do anything. The decision lies with her. Value your relationship because it is obvious you love her but cant control yourself. You need to learn to control yourself. You dont always have to fight, be in an argument or have the last word in an argument. There is enough time in the day for you to call her calmly, after you have calmed down and say your piece. If you cant control yourself and you see an argument is starting, just walk away you hear?

That's what my boyfriend does. I'm glad he does it, even if the argument is his fault. We don't talk until we've cooled down, but we always talk about it.

Learn to recognize the signs. If this relationship works out, or if it doesn't, you should remember it. Self-control is an important part of being an adult.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
Okay beyond crying and rolling in the mud what are your plans to stop?
Are you ready to get help?
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by hooper24(m): 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by hooper24(m): 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by hooper24(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by chubbyzegna(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
hooper24:
Zegna we have passed that aspect and settled, no need bringing that one up to compound this current issue. Am so remorseful and a changed person now.
my dear you didn't change in 2 years, what makes you think you are changed in a few days? I've told you, I'm moving on not cos I don't love you but you know how I think, I've told you countless times how we are not a perfect match but you just won't take it, I see it very clearly that we are so not compatible and I'm willing to let go for the greater good, brace yourself, there are lots of girls who are way greater than me, you didn't even see that greatness until you wooze me slap, its not the end of the world, I'm hurting too but I'll be better for it.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
Smh. Very sad.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by beeevan: 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
Please if that's the case, move on, he ain't worth it.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by hooper24(m): 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by chubbyzegna(m): 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
baby124:

It is your decision if you want to stay with him. It is obvious he needs to work on himself a lot. You also should not be insulting him in public or private or ever. When he starts, you can easily walk away and leave him alone. When everyone, even his friends start avoiding him when he starts shouting. He will find better ways to approach them. Dont give him the opportunity to even talk to you anyhow in public. Before you walk down the aisle with him, he needs a lot of work. A lot. If he does not change, you both will end up having a violent marriage. Take a step back on this relationship and watch him closely, and you need time to make sure he has learnt and is constantly trying to change.
Thanks a lot, that's why I'm not even mad at him but he doesn't understand it, I've forgiven him for the slap(after all I slap am back). I recognize the problem and its not something that can just change in a few weeks, there are girls that won't even have a problem wit him but I'm not that girl he wants me to be and saying he's changed is just a man who's overcome by emotions, I love him but I know too much to stay in a relationship just because of love alone.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
This is depressing. Can't watch. Unfollowing again.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by hooper24(m): 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2014

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? / CONTACT US FOR YOUR FURNITURE / Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.