Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

My Boyfriend Slapped Me! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Boyfriend Slapped Me! (17671 Views)

My Sister In Law Slapped Me / Husband Slapped Me Over An Argument / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
theLORDreigns:

Where she goes is secondary... right now, the smart thing to do is to walk out.

She isn't, it was self-defence.

She isn't the abusive type...

Lol...stop being sarcastic!

Are you her e-lawyer?
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
So you slapped him back?? :O you are that type that will beat your husband!! And you come here to post it, so that we would do what? Cuss you??. Shameless.

6 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
Wait, explain what you said to him before the thunderous slap!
angry

I no be jay z.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Mynd44: 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
theLORDreigns:

Where she goes is secondary... right now, the smart thing to do is to walk out.

She already did

She isn't, it was self-defence.
This is not self defence, it is revenge. She said he slapped her once.......self defence would have been if he raise his hand and she rushed one in or after the first, he tried to come in with another

She isn't the abusive type...
Says who? She hit the guy continuously even after he did not hit her anymore. Excessive force can be argued here grin

Lol...stop being sarcastic!
Why? It is fun don't you agree?

6 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by RoyalRoy(m): 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2014
Odilafta:

Atleast give 'em gender equality/feminism activists the time to get here,they are stuck in traffic grin

Hehehe... I guess they have a flat tyre right now.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Hehehe... I guess they have a flat tyre right now.

Yea grin grin sending a vulcanizer right away cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mynd44:
She already did

Not quite, otherwise she wouldn't be here.

This is not self defence, it is revenge. She said he slapped her once.......self defence would have been if he raise his hand and she rushed one in or after the first, he tried to come in with another

How are you so sure he didn't make further attempts?

Says who? She hit the guy continuously even after he did not hit her anymore. Excessive force can be argued here grin

That was the only way she could defend herself.

Enjoy!! wink

Odilafta:
Are you her e-lawyer?

At your service, your honour! cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by angela98(f): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
Danhumprey: If every girl/lady has a mindset like yours,I doubt if relationship/marriage will exist. Just because of a sponataneous slap,which he even apologise for,she should quit the relationship,eh??
its mindset like mine that protect vulnerable women. Relationship is not by force. na small small rat dey chop bag. From slap it will enter punch and the next thing strangle. There are many good men out there who do not hit a woman. She should be patient she would find one. She can love again.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Mynd44: 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
theLORDreigns:

Not quite, otherwise she wouldn't be here.
That is debatable

How are you so sure he didn't make further attempts?
I am judging from what was written in the OP. Nowhere was it stated that he came at her or tried to hit her again. Even when she hit him continously, he remained calm

That was the only way she could defend herself.
She could have chosen to walk away like a non violent person would. She did not

Enjoy!! wink
I am oooo

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by ifyalways(f): 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
@OP, you slapped back right? You are as guilty as him.

No one can make that decision for you. You are the one dating him, knows him, and what your "heated argument" was about.

No real man hits a woman, no real woman hits a man. Both of you need counselling( if you guys still want to be together) .

9 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2014
Mynd44:
That is debatable

She still
has feelings for him.
She hasn't made up her mind yet about staying or leaving.

I am judging from what was written in the OP. Nowhere was it stated that he came at her or tried to hit her again. Even when she hit him continously, he remained calm She could have chosen to walk away like a non violent person would. She did not

You're right @emboldened, however it still doesn't translate to her being overly aggressive or abusive.

Her boyfriend, on the other hand, took the first strike. Its a lack of self-control on his part, which should never be treated with kid gloves.

I am oooo
cool
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Mynd44: 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2014
theLORDreigns:

She still
has feelings for him.
She hasn't made up her mind yet about staying or leaving.

You're right @emboldened, however it still doesn't translate to her being overly aggressive or abusive.

Her boyfriend, on the other hand, took the first strike. Its a lack of self-control on his part, which should never be treated with kid gloves.

cool
They both deserve one another. Bottomline, don't leave.

He is your predestined partner

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by OCTAVO: 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
Your boyfriend slapped you, you sef com rush am back. So what else do you want?
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by remsonik(f): 1:37pm On Jul 20, 2014
So its best for her to keep mum while the guy beats her abi??
Op u better take a walk, na small small e dey start. Next time he's going to hit u harder and u won't be able to fight. He allowed u slap him cos he doesn't want to hurt his puppet. But when he pays your brideprice he's gonna do worse.
U got him angry and he slapped you, my dear if u marry that man that means u ve already given him license to keep assaulting u anytime u get him angry!!!
Mynd44:

She already did

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by An0nimus: 1:44pm On Jul 20, 2014
I'm trying to picture what the OP must have said to her oga that will make him (who knows she detests abusive relationships) to slap her for the first time IN TWO YEARS of dating. Not like I'm for the guy but some Ladies say some words that could hurt a man real bad.

Madam OP let's not waste time shall we? You have two options. 1st is never to return to your oga aka potential wife beater aka bad boy aka all the horrible names you can think of.

Option #2 is you both seek counsel from an older/professional 3rd party and you get back to your bobo asap. Please no one here knows your guy more than you. The ball is in your court.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by whytepawn1(m): 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
you have already made up your mind to stay with him my dear. if you have gotten this far in your relationship, it wouldn't be smart to walk out now. you have gotten his attention with your bluffing and shakara and all. my dear the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by cococandy(f): 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
OP walk.
Fast too

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by egopersonified(f): 2:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
Op, pls sort out yr issues with him and watch out if he is aggressive, if not build yr r/ship. But next time he slaps u, just walk out forever. I know someone who used to beat her boyfriend and d guy wont even raise a finger, immediately they did their court marriage, awaiting their traditional and white wedding, and d girl hit him in the course of an argument, he beat her up, torn d clothes on her and threw her into the street, that was d end of marriage ohh.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by thorpido(m): 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
Your guy has just shown you signs of abuse but for you to retaliate and 'rush' him shows you are like him.
Both of you should seek counselling if you intend to still be with him.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
Danrizzle: He isn't a gentleman... he has just been pretending all this while. When men fight their fellow selves, the scene is always catastrophic, .. But when the fight is btw two opposite sex....the scene my friend is always scary(cos the probability that the female might die is 98.2%). Am the kind of gentleman you need in your life, i never hit females...
won tunde o undecided

this your advertisement na die grin

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by thorpido(m): 2:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
whytepawn1: you have already made up your mind to stay with him my dear. if you have gotten this far in your relationship, it wouldn't be smart to walk out now. you have gotten his attention with your bluffing and shakara and all. my dear the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.
Naaa.Length of time in a relationship is no reason to continue in an abusive relationship.
The relationship is only worth continuing if there is true remorse.
The devil you know........may never change.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by ogawisdom(m): 3:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
U slapped him back dnt u tink he deserves ur apologies too. Nw go back n say sorry to him too tongue
U guys can nw continue where u stopped undecided two of u r jst perfect if u ask me wink

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by yorex2011: 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
You actually want to let one "human" moment destroy two yrs of hardwork.. Na wa for you o..
Nobody is a mini god... We are all prone to human mistakes... He got very furious and hit you...
I'm guessing this is not d first time both of u are arguing over something but this time he hit you

You love d guy and he loves you back so much that you guys are even planning for the future... But then you want to throw all dat away cos of one moment of mistake...

Its not all bout ego and pride all the time.... (sumone makes a mistake once and u decide u want to show dat u are d no nonsense type abi... After leaving him, what next.. Start anoda relationship?... Then leave d guy after he makes anoda mistake?..

Anyways do watever u wanna do o.. I just felt like posting on nl today...
Peace...

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
Op sorry about the slap o, you failed to tell us what transpired between you both that prompted him to slap you for the first time in 2 years. It is wrong for a man to hit a woman, I fear men that hit ladies but you also retaliated which is not ladylike. He slapped you and your retaliated, all the while you were hitting him he did not retaliate which obviously meas he regretted slapping you in the first place. You retaliating shows that you can't even stand pressure in marriage, when your husband says one you will say 20, you can even fight him gan. ( I'm not supporting the fact that he slapped you o).

For me o, you are as guilty as him, He slapped you and you retaliated. you both should go for counselling and if you feel you can't continue with the relationship then let it go. You alone can decide what you want. but please think before you act, follow your heart, nobody can decide for you .

7 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
Jessybarbie, shine your eyes oo...smiley

Myths and Facts About Violence
Most people, whether or not they realize it, have attitudes and beliefs about battering that are based on myths...

The Myths of Violence:
>MYTH: Woman battering is rare and isolated.
»FACT: Every 9 seconds a woman is battered. Battery is the single major cause of injury to women, more prevalent than street rape, muggings or auto accidents. Three to four million women are battered each year.

>MYTH: Women like the abuse or they would leave.
»FACT: No woman likes the degradation and humiliation of a battering relationship. But many women feel they have no alternative. They have no place to go, no financial resources or emotional support. Many face threats of increased violence if they attempt to leave.

>MYTH: Domestic violence occurs mostly in heterosexual, low income, and ethnic families
»FACT: Battering and abuse are issues which cross all boundaries - including those of race, class and sexual orientation.

>MYTH: There is no way to break out of a battering relationship.
»FACT: Women can free themselves when they discover their own strengths and take advantage of community resources that offer safe and secure environments. W.O.M.A.N. Inc. provides the critical legal resources, counseling, and advocacy that help women help themselves and their children.

Myths about battered women:
»Battered women are masochistic; they like being beaten
»Battered women deserve to be beaten; they provoke it
»If a battered woman wanted to leave, she would get plenty of help to do so

Myths about Abusers:
»Drinking causes men to batter
»A batterer must also beat his children
»God-fearing men don't batter
»Batterers are never loving; they are mean and violent all the time
»Educated professional men don't batter
»Batterers are violent with many other people, such as coworkers and friends

Facts about Battering:
»95 percent of all victims are women
»Women are seven times more likely to resort to violence in self-defense
»Three out of five women will be battered at least once in their lifetime
»Four thousand women are killed by their partners each year
»Abuse escalates over time, often starting as verbal attacks, erupting into violence and
becoming increasingly violent

FACTS SHOW THAT IN TIME ABUSE DOES NOT GET BETTER, IT GETS WORSE.
[url]graceofjesus.com/myths.html[/url]

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Elevation(m): 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ms Jbarbie humans are of different types,some are aggressive hence get angered at the slightest provocation others are not easily angered now,what did u do or say to deserve that slap?
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by sapiosexual(f): 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
jessybarbie: Before now, I have already made up my mind not to have anything to do with any man that lays his hand on me and he knows this. I have being dating him for two years now and just in the middle of a big quarrel two days ago he slapped me. I reacted immediately and hit him as much as I could but he did not retaliate but felt really bad and started begging me immediately to forgive him.

I have sworn to him that it is over between us. He is begging, pleading, crying, asking our friends to intercede and loads of other stuffs that I can not put down here just to have me at least forgive him and be his friend again but I have declined because I believe that this can happen again.

I want to know if there is a way that it can work again between us? We have gotten to a stage that we are more than just bf and gf. We had great plans for the future if things turns out well but this singular act have altered everything and we are both hurting.

Is there any way to remedy this relationship or is it truly over forever?

So when is the wedding? Let us watch as you walk down to battered wives ville.

Live long and prosper.
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
sapiosexual:

So when is the wedding? Let us watch as you walk down to battered wives ville.

Live long and prosper.

LMAO!! grin grin I know, right?!

....My unmarried a*ss shall also be there to catch flowers grin
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
jessybarbie: Before now, I have already made up my mind not to have anything to do with any man that lays his hand on me and he knows this. I have being dating him for two years now and just in the middle of a big quarrel two days ago he slapped me. I reacted immediately and hit him as much as I could but he did not retaliate but felt really bad and started begging me immediately to forgive him.

I have sworn to him that it is over between us. He is begging, pleading, crying, asking our friends to intercede and loads of other stuffs that I can not put down here just to have me at least forgive him and be his friend again but I have declined because I believe that this can happen again.

I want to know if there is a way that it can work again between us? We have gotten to a stage that we are more than just bf and gf. We had great plans for the future if things turns out well but this singular act have altered everything and we are both hurting.

Is there any way to remedy this relationship or is it truly over forever?
you have sworn to him that its over between you guys and you're still asking us if there is any way it can work between you both
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Saraha1(f): 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
Space booked
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by beeevan: 5:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
He slapped you once doesn't necessarily mean he is a woman beater, the way you handle it now is what determines if he ll do it again. Forgive him if you think he is worth it, he made a mistake,give him another chance.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by bukatyne(f): 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
@OP:

Had to reread after reading all the comments

Me thinks that the bobo would have beaten you to a pulp if he is an abuser (but again, I do not have the manual of all abusers)

Him begging after you retaliated means he was shocked to his sense and remorseful OR he did not know you have in you (Peak milk things) and his brain went to default settings though I am more inclined to go with the former

I will say you givr him another chance and see how it does. He might truly be repentant.

You should also discuss with an unbiased adult and let him/her advise both of you together

God be with you

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? / Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes. / Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons About Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.