Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

My Boyfriend Slapped Me! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Boyfriend Slapped Me! (17732 Views)

My Sister In Law Slapped Me / Husband Slapped Me Over An Argument / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 21, 2014
theLORDreigns:

I appreciate your honesty.

However, I feel remaining in this relationship would be 'settling' on her part because she had an expectation to never be hit by any man. That her boyfriend knew this only makes it seem like he deliberately dared to push her to an extreme.

Now he knows her limit & her reaction-capability. If he was truly a genuine abuser, he has her right where he wants her to be & she's dancing to his tune. I pray there wouldn't be a next time but if I were her, I wouldn't bother waiting to find out.

How much more would you advice that she lower her standards? Do we wait for a second slap?

Jessybarbie, he doesn't respect you, just walk away...

Well stated!
People are way too dismissive.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by beeevan: 11:13am On Jul 21, 2014
shizzleStar:
A ship cannot have 2 captains at the same time, one of you should have backed down from the argument, and that person should have been you, unnecessary ego at play. Then you screwed up finally by refusing to get up from the chair he wanted to use, unto say you be 'ana apa ana apa' (you are a mountain that cannot be moved).

You jessybarbie, have serious issues of your own. In other words you need to work on yourself too. Oh well, my earlier comment remains valid however!

Jessy take this post seriously, women that fight this way always lose out. You fight with your brain not your mouth and fists.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by crackhaus: 11:13am On Jul 21, 2014
theLORDreigns:

I'm missing your point.

Are you saying she deserved two or more slaps? grin
Not at all.

Disregarding this particular case, I'm asking if it's possible that there can be no justifiable reason to slap a woman, regardless of what she did?
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 21, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Well stated!
People are way too dismissive.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by jessybarbie(f): 11:16am On Jul 21, 2014
crackhaus:
Not at all.

Disregarding this particular case, I'm asking if it's possible that there can be no justifiable reason to slap a woman, regardless of what she did?

There can not be any justifiable reason to hit a woman!

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 21, 2014
crackhaus:
Not at all.

Yes. That's my stand.

If you feel otherwise, kindly state your justifiable reasons why any person (male or female) is liable to inflict physical abuse on his/her partner.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 21, 2014
jessybarbie:

Yes!!!!
You go girl!!!!

**dancing** cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by beeevan: 11:23am On Jul 21, 2014
jessybarbie:

We were arguing about a lot of things and exchanging insulting words. I sat on a chair he wanted to use and refused to get up, that's when he did it.

It's obvious you intentionally dared him to do his worst, there is limit to the nonsense a man can take before he batters you. Don't go into marriage with this daring mindset, it ll bring more catastrophe than resolution. Physical aggression is in every human,every man, the reason we have brains to control these instincts. You should have walked away from this argument, two stubborn people can make it when each know when to back down.

8 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by beeevan: 11:24am On Jul 21, 2014
jessybarbie:

And if the woman hits first?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 21, 2014
beeevan:

Nor is a woman justified in hitting a man. It's that simple.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by crackhaus: 11:28am On Jul 21, 2014
jessybarbie:

You really believe this, don't you?

Maybe that's why you could comfortably exchange insults with your man and further still, seat on a chair he needed to use grin

Two questions:

1. Why did you refuse to get up from the chair?

2. Now that you know he can slap you when you push him to the limit, will you be testing his patience anytime soon?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by beeevan: 11:28am On Jul 21, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

I said what if the woman hits first?What do you expect the man to do?
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 21, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Exactly!

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by jessybarbie(f): 11:30am On Jul 21, 2014
beeevan:

Women do not hit hard as men...
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by MadCow1: 11:31am On Jul 21, 2014
jessybarbie:

grin

Keep telling yourself that bullshit. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 21, 2014
jessybarbie:
Hahahahahaha....who says? grin

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by beeevan: 11:32am On Jul 21, 2014
Don't hit a woman, don't hit a woman, some women surely do behave like touts and what will you have the man do? Stand and watch like Mumu till his head leaks blood?

This issue is not black or white.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 21, 2014
beeevan:

I said what if the woman hits first?

Just as with any physical confrontation, the person should be prepared for the possibility of backlash.

I've never lifted (and never will lift) so much as a pinkie finger to a man, and I expect the same.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by jessybarbie(f): 11:35am On Jul 21, 2014
crackhaus:

Maybe that's why you could comfortably exchange insults with your man and further still, seat on a chair he needed to use grin

Two questions:

2. Now that you know he can slap you when you push him to the limit, will you be testing his patience anytime soon?
That is why I have explained to him that we can't be together, that we don't match but he is insisting that it was a mistake that would never happen again. He is refusing to let go, how do I make it easy for him?
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by beeevan: 11:35am On Jul 21, 2014
jessybarbie:

Does the intensity of the hit matter? I take it that for a woman to raise her fist first means she is capable and I see absolutely nothing wrong if the man returns the blows. After all, it's all in good old self defense .

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by shizzleStar: 11:36am On Jul 21, 2014
theLORDreigns:

I appreciate your honesty.

However, I feel remaining in this relationship would be 'settling' on her part because she had an expectation to never be hit by any man. That her boyfriend knew this only makes it seem like he deliberately dared to push her to an extreme.

Now he knows her limit & her reaction-capability. If he was truly a genuine abuser, he has her right where he wants her to be & she's dancing to his tune. I pray there wouldn't be a next time but if I were her, I wouldn't bother waiting to find out.

How much more would you advice that she lower her standards? Do we wait for a second slap?

Jessybarbie, he doesn't respect you, just walk away...
Trust me i do not want to see the guy as an abuser/violent.

@bolded, if i am to believe the deliberate ish, so now that he has seen her reaction(retaliation) and is the one begging to keep her, that means he is not only truly sorry but has equally seen that she is not one to just sit back and digest the slaps, but will rather fight and hit back, that means he cant have it all his way.

I dont believe he has her where he wants since he didn't get away with the slap, so next time before he even contemplates giving a slap, he will think twice, but i truly want to believe there wont be a second slap. I also disagree she is dancing to his tune, cos if she is, I'm not sure there will be an argument in the first place, even if there's an argument, she wouldn't be sturbon not to get up from the chair, i insist, she overreacted by her refusal.

They both made regrettable mistakes, i insist they can kiss and make up like nothing happened. Now they both know one major weakness, they can work on and overcome it, they can still be happy together

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by beeevan: 11:36am On Jul 21, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Just as with any physical confrontation, the person should be prepared for the possibility of backlash.

I've never lifted (and never will lift) so much as a pinkie finger to a man, and I expect the same.

Good!
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by crackhaus: 11:36am On Jul 21, 2014
theLORDreigns:

Yes. That's my stand.

If you feel otherwise, kindly state your justifiable reasons why any person (male or female) is liable to inflict physical abuse on his/her partner.
Stop calling it physical abuse, it's just one slap for brain reset. grin

Well, it seems like you're one of the cool-headed and respectful women out there....but please be real, some women deserve a slap or two.
You need to see the things some women say and do to their spouses with the mindset of 'I'm a woman and nothing will happen'.

Note:
She hasn't told us what insulting words were being exchanged though.. I can bet most of these words were spoken by her.. grin

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 21, 2014
theLORDreigns:

Yes!!!!
You go girl!!!!

**dancing** cheesy grin
Seriously, I do not understand you
Didn't she hit him back?

undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by pickabeau1: 11:38am On Jul 21, 2014
jessybarbie:
That is why I have explained to him that we can't be together, that we don't match but he is insisting that it was a mistake that would never happen again. He is refusing to let go, how do I make it easy for him?
jessybarbie:

madam

You had series of altercations with your man
You provoked him
He hit you
You responded

You are of the opinion that women hitting a man is not violence but playfight

Last Bullet: Two of you are not suited for each other as you will still provoke/hit him and expect him not to return
Forloves; sake.. tell him it cannot work

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by baby124: 11:39am On Jul 21, 2014
crackhaus:
Two questions:
Must she get up from the chair at that moment? Is that the only chair in the house? Matter of fact if it was, can he not sit on the floor or go and lie down on the bed and leave her to her anger.

Let us switch the situation around. You argue with your wife or girlfriend and you sit on a chair, she now demands you get up. You refuse to, and the next thing gbosa. Will you marry such a person? What a reaction. Over a damn chair.

You are funny though. I suspect if she tried to walk away to stop the argument, she would have been slapped too for disrespecting him. And you guys will find a way to support him. The fact is couples argue, if they learn to do it the right way, and know when to back down so many violence issues will be avoided. It is also ok for either party to walk away or just keep quiet and ignore when it is becoming too hot. It does not make you less of a man or less of a woman. It just makes you the more mature one. And with time, the other person will learn to settle issues in a more calmer tone. Why will you even want a door knob as a wife. Someone with no opinion, sense and bringing nothing to the table.

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by shizzleStar: 11:43am On Jul 21, 2014
jessybarbie:
now there is a problem here, theLORDreigns et al did you see this?

If i understand the op, it is right for a woman to hit first afterall 'women do not hit hard as men'. What do the feminist have to say about this. For all i care the op could even be a very violent person, in fact i am beginning to take her story with a pinch of salt. Trust me, its possible she hit him first but the guy retaliated by hitting harder, and then she runs here crying blue murder.

I may as well have been wasting my time on this thtead

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 21, 2014
shizzleStar:
now there is a problem here, theLORDreigns et al did you see this?

If i understand the op, it is right for a woman to hit first afterall 'women do not hit hard as men'. What do the feminist have to say about this. For all i care the op could even be a very violent person, in fact i am beginning to take her story with a pinch of salt. Trust me, its possible she hit him first but the guy retaliated by hitting harder, and then she runs here crying blue murder.

I may as well have been wasting my time on this thtead

Why do people drag feminists into everything lmao.
There you go changing the story to suit you.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by beeevan: 11:46am On Jul 21, 2014
shizzleStar:
Trust me i do not want to see the guy as an abuser/violent.

@bolded, if i am to believe the deliberate ish, so now that he has seen her reaction(retaliation) and is the one begging to keep her, that means he is not only truly sorry but has equally seen that she is not one to just sit back and digest the slaps, but will rather fight and hit back, that means he cant have it all his way.

I dont believe he has her where he wants since he didn't get away with the slap, so next time before he even contemplates giving a slap, he will think twice, but i truly want to believe there wont be a second slap. I also disagree she is dancing to his tune, cos if she is, I'm not sure there will be an argument in the first place, even if there's an argument, she wouldn't be sturbon not to get up from the chair, i insist, she overreacted by her refusal.

They both made regrettable mistakes, i insist they can kiss and make up like nothing happened. Now they both know one major weakness, they can work on and overcome it, they can still be happy together

Gbam!!

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 21, 2014
beeevan:

Good!

So by the same token, I assume you accept her response to his slap?
Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by shizzleStar: 11:47am On Jul 21, 2014
crackhaus:
Stop calling it physical abuse, it's just one slap for brain reset. grin

Well, it seems like you're one of the cool-headed and respectful women out there....but please be real, some women deserve a slap or two.
You need to see the things some women say and do to their spouses with the mindset of 'I'm a woman and nothing will happen'.

Note:
She hasn't told us what insulting words were being exchanged though.. I can bet most of these words were spoken by her.. grin
seriously am no longer buying her folktales, op sounds like a liar to me, there's more to her story, she only told the part that suit her

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Slapped Me! by beeevan: 11:48am On Jul 21, 2014
It's ok if you want to let go of the relationship but learn your lessons, don't go pushing for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

CONTACT US FOR YOUR FURNITURE / FG Increases Maternity Leave To 4 Months / "I Waited For 20 Years And I'm A Proud Mum Now. Had 6 Unsuccessful IVFS" - Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.