Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,175 members, 7,853,010 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:58 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203907 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 1:00am On Dec 28, 2008
all,
TCM and Learn on DSTV W4,12437 H 23438 as announced by Enigma are still free for all classic movies lovers.

badaru,
Congrats for tracking the hotbird.I am waiting for Adewest to come perform his magic on my new 2.4m pan.We hope to fish for Hotbird,Eurobird2,EutelsatW2 and whatever strays into Nigeria.I just discovered that Hotbird and EutelsatW2 have the same footprint so we are sure of picking DIGITALB on EutelsatW2,16*East in Nigeria.They have all the leagues in their sports bouquet including premiership.So,go for it too.

Enitan,
You are getting too controversial for comfort.everybody seems to have had enough of it.Get your leaking ass to work at badaru's place now.we all have to nick all the European birds by January.

Vickoy,
U no call me like u promised ooo.My transformer in Lagos will be back to work by Monday.PHCN just gave us light in Abeokuta 15minutes ago.I was told the town had been in darkness since Friday morning.The house will soon rejoice with the new European birds developments in January.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:06am On Dec 28, 2008
@ vickoy,
dont mind me, nairaland, and FTA section gives me utmost joy so much, i've made several decision to stay away from this thread so many times, but i just cant help it. I know am addicted to this page, whenever am online, this is the first page i go to, this place has become a part of me, those that understand what it means to be addicted will agree with me. Concerning my posts, i visit other threads apart from this page, but i frequent here the most. So dont take it that away and be calm, am neither coming after you or any other person at all, its all a joke.
If i even have an exam tomorrow, i will still post here. Today is worship day for me, i should've been on the bed but here i am, and i 'll be leaving the house in couple of hours from now. the problem about me is that, when I love something i take it to the extreme and vice-versa, try understand me, am a cool and reserved type.

@ tox,
we didnt get any of your posts at all, abi your free 100 hours from starcomms don expire?

@ all,
a lot will be happening this coming year concerning FTA, we'll all smile.
And also to those who dont have not even a single 90cm dish at home for FTA, all under the excuse that they all want nilesat. Let me be bold to tell you this, if you dont go for 90cm FTA now, you wont be motivated to go for something higher. I for example, dabbled into having FTA at home September 2007, and that was NSS7, all french stations, i felt on top of the world because i can watch satellite station free and didnt care about their contents, whenever there's power supply i hook up to France24 francais and pay attention to it as if i understood everything being said (but i understood some), so after that i felt the urge to move on, i added W3a, i became happier (i dont even give nile a shit), and lastly i added PAS 7/10, etv looks like da bomb to me, but after several months of hooking up to these birds, the urge arose once again to join the league of bigger dish, and this urge i will fulfill by February, 2009. Insha Allah.
So my point is if you can still afford a small dish for FTA go for it, it will surely serve as a driving force in getting nile, and dont forget that 'WHEN HELP IS GREATLY NEEDED, THE LORD'S HELP IS NEAREST'. dont worry about the problem you will face with your landlord, the lord of the FTA never forget his loyal sons, he'll surely take care of any problem that will arise once you have the genuine volition in installing nile. Badaru is an example, being a faithful servant to the gods of FTA, the gods dealt with his landlord by allowing him to install 1.8m and now 2.4m, he's even use badaru in winning souls to the side of FTA, the landlord is also going to install 2.4m dish for nile. CAN YOU ALL GIVE THE gods of FTA A BIG HAND
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:14am On Dec 28, 2008
@ TOX,
so happy you are back, i thought your free hours have expired, you're welcome back.
I wont be around in January to witness the coming of abijawarabiekun (in the person of adewest). You mentioned am getting too controversial for everyone's comfort. Is it everyone or you in particular?
I take you as a brother, and i want you also to take me as a liitle brother of yours that is too controversial for your liking and sometimes appear to be naughty. Will you kill your little brother then?
Everyone is like a father and brother to me here, so do to me as you will do to sons and brothers, but before i forget i exclude adewest from the list ooooo, if i try any nonsense with him, na kill ihn go kill me staright away. cos behind that soft temper lies his strength. I'll make sure i appeal and appease him before i meet him one-on-one.
ihn no go take all those things i dey try with anyone here especially tox.

3 days to a NEW YEAR.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 6:48am On Dec 28, 2008
@ecowas4all

Sorry bro. I had everything supplied by a friend: dish, jack and positioner. Anyway, this guy is a friend, so I do 'susu' with him to bring me those items.

Have you try getting "Hotfowl" from your end? I understand it is possible. Captainus, are you in hibernation or you are one of the defeated MPs?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ifende(m): 8:00am On Dec 28, 2008
Olofofo,
na me you turn to drama abi,
Kai,
It's all good sha
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:08am On Dec 28, 2008
ifende:

Olofofo,
na me you turn to drama abi,
Kai,
It's all good sha

bros abeg wetin u mean?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:10am On Dec 28, 2008
@twinstaiye,
You've not replied me concerning the starsat and abra card. What's up?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 10:41am On Dec 28, 2008
all,
the house no dey sleep at all o!Has anyone got more results on the Hotbird,Eurobird,and EutelsatW2?I was doing more research on them all through the night.According to the footprint and past discoveries,they are receiveable in Nigeria and nearby Ghana.So,try to work on your dish during the holiday.
I am looking forward to Fulham v. Chelsea on 2M at 3pm since Adewest never bring my Echolink to catch Showsports1-4.Have a great Sunday.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 11:57am On Dec 28, 2008
@Tox
Boss This W2 is mainly South East Europe, Bulgarian, Romanian and Albanian Languages on all the channels save for a couple or so Gospel Channels that run english Apostolic Onenss etc that already exist on PAS7/10
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 11:59am On Dec 28, 2008
@Salamander
Lucky for you I hope your 'Susu' doesn't get to be more expensive than the real thing.
So the 2.4 was it a mesh or a pan dish?
The 2.4 is pretty big and i a may not be able to run it all by myself save for PAS7/10 which has low elevation.
Maybe we could get together, do yours then find time to come run mine.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2008
@ toxnaija and Ecowas4all

The Hotbird satellites are relatively new and very powerful; the W2 satellite on the other hand is old and has rather weak signals.  So while Hotbird might be receivable in Nigeria, I expect W2 to be far much more difficult. I can see the attraction of W2 particularly because of Digitalb which still has a decent amount of football and which, I believe, may still be open on the Gamma and some other cards (as on the Diablo Cam).

@all

Since I mentioned the Gamma card (above), a word about Gamma, Abracadabra, M2 (MII) and other cards.  For those willing to take risks, one or other of these cards can be useful for some time to open particular packages. However, one danger has long been known with cards generally, that is, once the producers of the cards have made enough money (or are heavily 'pressurised') the support for the card starts to drop until the card becomes what UK hobbyists call an 'ice scraper' i.e. only useful for scraping ice off your windscreen etc.

Having said that, the Gamma has been working for about 2 years now (many cards do not last that long) while the Abracadabra has been working for some months. So they have not been bad for those who have been using them. The question now is: for how long more will they last?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2008
George_D:

@twinstaiye,
You've not replied me concerning the starsat and abra card. What's up?
Mail sent.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2008
Enigma, glad to know u got back safely.
Oga moderator,
a quick word on multi-lnb setups on a fixed dish if you will allow me.
when using a large dish (say 1.8m) to track multiple birds, the lnb at the central focal point gets to receive signals from the entire surface of the dish, but the other lnb only use a portion of the dish (equivalent to half the diameter for the lenght of the dish) and hence only satellites receivable with dishes of that size and whose angular distance isn't too muh can be included in such a setup. what i am trying to say is that let's say i'm using a 1.8m dish to receive nilesat, nss7 and w3a, the entire dish surface would be required to get the nilesat signal, but because nss7 and w3a are meant for this region (direct to home for west africa as adewest put it), they would require a dish of 90cm or less and since their angular distance from Nilesat are not too great they can easily leach signals from the 90cm segment of the dish which is facing their signal. so hotbird and nilesat cannot be possible in w/africa with 2.4m dish (might be possible in Egypt or tunisia though).
bit haven said that, if u had a dish of 5m or more u would have 2.5m on either side of ur dish to track those birds with. this is just a theoritical footnote, though i think i've seen something like that in kaduna

Ghanian n'landers,
how r the elections coming along? we are rooting for u guys to receive nilesat/hotbird real soon.

Enitan,

i feel ur addiction, MTN have really benefited from it cos i am constantly refreshing this page on my phone, but everyone has got to have a demon haven't they ( though some end up having more than one).
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2008
@ tox/badaru
what is the make of ur 2.4m dish?and is the neck locally constructed?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2008
@gangsta101
copy that. Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2008
Enigma,
I still dey vex with you ooo.anyway,I like your piece on cards.it was really educating.I will update the house on the birds picked as soon as Adewest and I finish with the construction/installation in a few days.

Pitodenz,
I have not seen it.Adewest will bring it from Bauchi along with all the accessories to avoid faking.I ordered for Eurostar pan.the neck would be locally made.

George-D,
I will send the pix of the two dishes in a few hours.I just installed my phone driver on my lappie.the mesh still goes for 12k asthere are other bidders from Bauchi.Adewest will take it back to Bauchi in January if you dont act fast.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2008
@tox

did you say adewest is coming in a few days? i asked him when he is coming he has not told me. has he told you tentatively that he will be in lagos in a few days? what happened to mid January?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2008
check out this ORBIT PACKAGES

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ifende(m): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2008
Badaru,
can i get an echolink decoder from you
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by loading2(m): 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2008
House, please is anyone in the house who can help me install / track the W3 bird ?. I already have a free 90cm dish. Anyone in lagos i can contact?? I stay in ILUPEJU my no is 08098093741. pls text i'll call back.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 28, 2008
@ Ifende, I told you to send an email to him and not make a post. i know what am saying, if that can be edited, do it asap. @ loading, no one present on this forum will contact but only impostors will. there's always a difference in the work done by professionals and a quack. try 2 get across 2 any1 on d forum based in lagos and dont wait till a quack sends a message. any registered member u call will surely teach and not lecture you how to do it personally next time. we train individuals willing to learn and never to rip them off.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by loading2(m): 8:23pm On Dec 28, 2008
@ enitan
but what if im willing to stand by the person tracking? for one i cannot do it alone cos its on rooftop and two i'm not cut out for the practical part. Will it be possible for me to have a house member come over so we fix it 2gethr? I'll pay for the transport of course and whatever charges is incurred. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2008
@ loading, that depends on the agreement between you and the person in question, its not a must for u to have d standard fee for installation, at least u shld be able to pay for private transport, entertainment, etc. with all this, u wont spend up to d standard fee of those installers and am sure d person coming will give you some hints on how to go about that next time. we're like a family in here.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by loading2(m): 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2008
@ enitan
am sure d person coming will give you some hints on how to go about that next time. we're like a family in here.
i can see that already. Kool to be in your midst. Keep it up guys
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 28, 2008
@ loading, you are welcome brother, just make sure you keep us posted after the installation. there're still lots more to catch up.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2008
These are some existing channels on ORBIT NETWORK currently on the abracadabra echolink update 23 dec 09

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2008
@ all,
scan your local antenna especially for those in lagos, i've ORTv and TV3 (live ghana elction update) on my Tv now, this call came courtesy of the great OLA, the guy dey try no be small, he said he saw CNN on his TV, but my antenna is not that powerful i guess am still missing out some goodies, scan and let us all know the outcome
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 10:05pm On Dec 28, 2008
Adewest,
nice job always! what channels do you pick on Orbit,do you have the jsc sport+1 and 2 on 11054 H 27500 as listed on lyngsat?what do you think about the possibility of tracking DigitalB on EutelsatW2 in Lagos?I'll be online in the next two hours.

Olofofo,
Ade is online now,please ask him for a tentative date.even mid-January is just a few days away.do u remember the proverb of the bridegroom that was admonished not to be too impatient for the wedding night?eni a ngbe iyawo bo wa ba,ki gaarun.

Enitan/Ola,
thanks for the info.this is an annual occurence during harmattan on both radio and tv.For the past 25 years in Abeokuta,we pick radio and tv stations from Benin Republic,Ghana,Senegal,and Mali in the evenings and mornings.Would you believe that they clash with our stations here,overpowering them atimes.If you are driving in Lagos at night,scan your radio and you will be shocked to hear Golf Fm90.5,Cotonou and other French-speaking stations overpowering Lagos stations.I heard harmattan boosts satellite signals too.Good news for our research.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2008
@enitan
well, I got NTA Keffi. No ghana election update. Na so so gwari abi which language dem dey yarn self.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2008
@twinstaiye,
I got the mail and have also replied. Thanks a million.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:20pm On Dec 28, 2008
@Enigma,
You info on abra, gamma card et al is very insightful. Keep it up.

@Gangsta101,
I agree with your explanation on multi lnb set ups for single dishes. You couldn't be more correct.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2008
@ talks, i was invited to m/guri Y/DAY for installation of 3m local pan manufacture in kaduna,digitalb on Eutelsat w2 was received perfectly,signal as in strong 4651 was 45% in that tp on the 3m but on 2.4m eurostar the signal is damn poor. 2.4m in bauchi here can't make it on that bird except 4m .Am currently on duty tonight power failure currently i can not wait 4u my bty is down both the Lap and my browser multilink phone so try me on my GOLF-SERIAL-MIKE.Full stop

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.