Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,493 members, 7,854,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:59 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (204004 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 1:49am On Feb 09, 2009
@enigma,All thks my decoda is 4663X jsc+1234 on nilesat though it was picked last time but when new software was release cant open dem wel may be wil repatch again or ur suggestion.@Enitan my bros how is ur health God wil heal u i pray
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 6:59am On Feb 09, 2009
@Enigma>> Your observations are correct. You see, nigerians are talented in all angles of human endeavours but we are incapacitated to operate at the level of information age and this is due to our un-enabling environment! We have heard of stories of some nigerians who got Second Class (LD) here at home but the same people led their international colleagues as overall best students in departments,faculties and/or institutions in diaspora. This may sound academical but it extends to other fields such as the one we are discussing. Master Adewest has justified this! @all> We must accept constructive criticism because it pays off. It leads to serious researching, innovations and ground breaking. If they can do it, WE CAN achieve more than that!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 9:12am On Feb 09, 2009
I guess the ogas have said it all, we the africans most expecially the nigerian are very talented and gifted, due to the environment we are it widen our scope and knowlegdge , that is why anywhere we go we are use to the the hash condition in nigeria and are able to survive in any cool condition and even do better, tho we have some lazy ones, but most are very active, all we need is the start and we will never stop!, tho we might be having nagetivities regarding nigerian, but i know those oyinbos can tell we are talented, just that they wouldnt want to say the truth,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 11:07am On Feb 09, 2009
@ enigma
Bravo!!! You earn a fan in me. I like your maturity.

@ all starsat users
I got a breakthrough to upgrading the receivers over the weekend. First time experience came on hand when ART goes off. I was jittery as to how to upgrade since that will be the first time albeit Starsat receivers.  So I waited, but when I was watching Mancity match on saturday and Showtime also goes off, I knew I am in trouble, because that means I wont watch my darling Arsenal play on Sunday.  So I set out to work on how to upgrade. I have two RS 232 cables, and all my efforts to upgrade prove abortive.  I put a call through to Badaru for assistance, he wasnt picking his calls.  I then put a call through to Baba egun who surprisingly his own Showtime was working.  He also set out to work too, but he wasnt getting any headway either.  I then put a call through to my guy in North Africa who shipped the receivers to me in Nigeria here, he give me a guide on what to do, but still the goddamn thing is not working. I put a call  through to him again that there is no headway, he said he is sure the cables are the problem and that he will send a cable to me and that will arrived in company of another starsat receivers he is sending down to Nigeria in 2 weeks time. 2 weeks time? cant wait till that time to get my system upgrade, i thot to myself.
Fortunately, Babaegun use his computer experience to work on his own RS 232 cable and viola, it started working.  It goes on to show that it was the cable that are not working. He used the cable to upgrade his SRT 4650 strong decoders and it upgrade quite okay.  Unable to wait anymore, I commence work on my own cable also, get into some website that dictate on how to make your own rs232 cable, by 3am I was exhausted, and I still have no headway with all the experiments.  So on sunday morning when Babaegun came back from the Church armed with my two receivers Strong 4650 and starsat, I set out to his house.  Together we both upgraded our starsat receivers.  It was indeed a rewarding experience.  We couldnt have done it without the ingenuity of babaegun who use his computer experience to work on the cable, he had to cut the cable and re arrange wire inside.  That is one of the good side of FTA, once you know it is a hobby, you are spurn to carry on without any problem.

The moral of all this story is that, Both I and Baba-egun now have the experience of upgrading our starsat receivers, and to intending or would be owner of starsat receivers, over to you.

@butoneday
get in touch with me, there is a new angle to our deal on starsat receivers. Same goes to GeorgeD.

post editted
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 12:48pm On Feb 09, 2009
@ all, sirius user
KTN SNG01 , SAT: SIRIUS, TP: 12;529 (H)
I dont know its a feed, but i just blind scan and got it,
u can check it out too!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by maddoxoj(m): 3:18pm On Feb 09, 2009
@All,
How's everyone doing? I know it's been ages I've not made a post but I've actually been reading to update myself on developments here. A combination of promotion and exit of some staff suddenly put me in a "hot seat" that leaves me barely enough time to even breathe. Thank God I'm gradually freeing myself. Soon I'll become active again. Thanks to those who tried to call/text me to find out what was happening. For those who didn't bother, well,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ekonibaje(m): 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2009
hi,all

my chairman,i tried in calling u ,but u nevr picked up ur call--adewest--pls dont ballala me--hw is bauchi--i quite enjoy dis weekend most expecially on sunday when i got to watch the arsenal vs spur match,live ,chelsea on 2m morrocco--and liverpool matches,so excited--i knew olofofo must be planning by now to dump--nilesat 4 sirius--lauhg man--pls let watch out 4 best on sirius --olofofo u are so great--thks 4 ur support--enitan kudos--later
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2009
@ Twinstaiye

i salute sir,that tin wen u dey find go sokoto dey for ur sokoto.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2009
@ olofofo/tox- which dish did adewest use for una?fofo i know u where having a strong 2.4m dish b4 now,abeg make una no even bother una sef for the pic again just the dish name. @ adewest- master adewest abeg dont ignore me cos i wan ask of 2.4m stronger dish,i confirmed from jujukemist while trying to source for the dish from kaduna that there was a ban on the dish because of imitation on strong dish which lead to scarcity of the product now,the most he can see is 1.8m stronger dish.is eurostar 2.4m in the market now better than strong?or can u source the 2.4m stronger dish for me? @ jujukemist and gangstar101 i appreciate ur brotherly care. @ ekonibaje sorry for my poor response,u see life in ph is getting tougher everyday,theres scarcity of fuel no light no okada few taxi and buses above all come see hold up in every juction. So my brother i no get fuel to on my i pass my neighbor oh!and i know gree go my house since this weekend cos i no fit dey without light.so how ve u gone?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 8:39pm On Feb 09, 2009
pitodenz:

@ olofofo/tox- which dish did adewest use for una?fofo i know u where having a strong 2.4m dish b4 now,abeg make una no even bother una sef for the pic again just the dish name. @ adewest- master adewest abeg dont ignore me cos i wan ask of 2.4m stronger dish,i confirmed from jujukemist while trying to source for the dish from kaduna that there was a ban on the dish because of imitation on strong dish which lead to scarcity of the product now,the most he can see is 1.8m stronger dish.is eurostar 2.4m in the market now better than strong?or can u source the 2.4m stronger dish for me? @ jujukemist and gangstar101 i appreciate ur brotherly care. @ ekonibaje sorry for my poor response,u see life in ph is getting tougher everyday,theres scarcity of fuel no light no okada few taxi and buses above all come see hold up in every juction. So my brother i no get fuel to on my i pass my neighbor oh!and i know gree go my house since this weekend cos i no fit dey without light.so how ve u gone?

@ pitodenz,

Man nothing like stronger 2.4m dish but stronger 1.8m dish which i think is d first class dish of 1.8m class,it's much avail here in my domain,if at all u need 2.4m dish go for STRONG pan for now it as no imitation any where and if u know how to manage it, the signal production can b ok like the original 2.4m eurostar dish , but as for 2.4m Eurostar it might fail u,as it's been imitated in 2 ways now.Shine ur eye o shocked
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2009
@ fxprof can u post the sr for the ktn on sirius.u only gave the tp as 12529 H what about the symbol rate
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 8:49am On Feb 10, 2009
@ All @enigma @twinstaiye @olofofo@enitan@adewest
I need your HELP plsssssss I have tried downloading the softwares several times but they are not working on my decoder strong 4663X to open jsc +1234 on nilesat I have tried all possible means but they are not coming and am missing all the remiership matches abeg ooooooooooo pls help me with what to do and the steps.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 9:05am On Feb 10, 2009
@Maddoxoj>> I thank God for your life. This house also belongs to you because you are stakeholder. Its entries & exits are at your liberty. You are WELCOME. @Pitodenz>> Sir, you are consuming our space small-small. Your last post was sent three times and re-copied by master Adewest. 'Make una dey manage am.'
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 9:20am On Feb 10, 2009
@ captainus,
ktn SR: SR:27500 FEC:3/4, SIRIUS (5.0°E)
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olason(m): 10:14am On Feb 10, 2009
Oga badaru 1,
I just want to say tank you very much for the upgrade u did on my echolink. Baba u are too much under 3 mins my ART channels came back. One thin abt u sir, that I find very fasinating is that you are always and willing to help. Ranka de de.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olason(m): 10:18am On Feb 10, 2009
OLOFOFO,
How u dey? congrates on your sisters wedding last sat. Eyin Iyawo oni meni o.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 10:21am On Feb 10, 2009
jossybless:

@ All @enigma @twinstaiye @olofofo@enitan@adewest
I need your HELP plsssssss I have tried downloading the softwares several times but they are not working on my decoder strong 4663X to open jsc +1234 on nilesat I have tried all possible means but they are not coming and am missing all the remiership matches abeg ooooooooooo pls help me with what to do and the steps.

call me 08033401080

@pito
sorry for the lack of response regarding pictures of my installation. been too busy with lots of stuff, my kid sister just got married, my wife is pregnant with quadruplets, my dog diddy is pregnanat as as well and,  you seee,  also adewest don break all the ladders wey dey my house, please give me till weekend. so sorry,

@ola
thank you ojare. no be small thing!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olason(m): 10:26am On Feb 10, 2009
ALL.
      WHEN UPGRADING YOUR ECHOLINK PLS USE THE PATCH THAT CAME OUT ON 6TH OF FEB 2009. HAVE USED IT AND  WORKING PERFECTLY FOR SHOWTIME AND ART CHANNELS.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olason(m): 10:32am On Feb 10, 2009
ENITAN,
How body? when are you going back to the jungle and when will you be back?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 11:06am On Feb 10, 2009
@ enitan
Get well o, i think u are having a jungle fever, grin, now u will still need to return to your jungle again, this time jus tell ur doc to give u anti-jungle fever, so u will be fully be protected, smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 12:33pm On Feb 10, 2009
@ adewest
thanks for ur response.Since is only strong has 2.4m i dont think there is any need for me to struggle for 2.4m dish again cos strong dont work nilesat well here.Adewest ph is one city with entire different climate in naija,with 2.4m strong fixed to nile mbc ll still been going off in the afternoon and as from late march u ll be thinking of changing ur satellite position.DO u know that where i live that rain falls everyday (no be joke)while at my shop in the same ph it dosnt fall the same way.
@ Mr Gem
no be my fault na that ftb stuff.
@ olofofo
no wahala
@ enitan
wats up
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olason(m): 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2009
All,
those wantin to watch premier league with 90cm pls for now foget abt RDV. RDV is doing what we call routin maintainance of their trasmitting eqipment so if today you see it open I can assure you that it will not last more than 72 hrs. So wat do you do? get yourself 2m National on w6. At least you are sure of watching one game per week. peace out.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 2:04pm On Feb 10, 2009
@all

Hi people. Its good to be here again. Am happy that Oga moderator and I upgraded our starsat decoder over the weekend. It was an exciting experience.

I "jam" one guy today in my office who has an Echolink EL - 3020 IR Plus decoder. He came to the IT office looking for someone to help him do the upgrade. It was an SOS call and he needed to do the upgrade as the showtime & Art channels are all down. He told me he pays N3,000.00 every time to do the upgrade. Well, I was fortunate to get Oga Badaru online who directed me to srsupport.com for the software. So, 2moro I will be helping a brother upgrade his decoder. Also, he uses a 1.8m dish with fuji lnb and he gets all the showtime and showsport package without break in signal. He told me he stays in Suleja and his house is on a hill. (I think his house must be on the popular Zuma rock for him not to experience any break in signal)

I'll give you guys the gist after the upgrade. I have also encouraged him to register on nairaland fta for knowledge.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2009
@adewest
I need your HELP plsssssss I have tried downloading the softwares several times but they are not working on my decoder strong 4663X to open jsc +1234 on nilesat I have tried all possible means but they are not coming and am missing all the premiership matches abeg ooooooooooo pls help me with what to do and the steps.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 2:21pm On Feb 10, 2009
@ baba_egun
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2009
@ All

I got Stv 1&2 on the W3 bird yesterday after a blind scan of the satellite.
I was about jubilating when i discovered that the frequency and symbol rate is the same with the channels on the Sirius bird.
The stv channels on W3 appeared with a 45 to 50% signal quality, compared to Sirius stv with over 80% quality.
Although i have not checked other Sirius channels on W3, there is a slight possibility on nailing the two birds on one dish

captainus:

viasat tv on nss7  at 3743 v 2280 cbandthat is.

The viasat channel rocks! To me it is even better than Etv on pas 7/10 or mnet series in eentertainment
It has comedy shows like Friends, the ever green Bill Cosby show, Opera, American next top model, etc nice films too.
The icing on the cake is that the language is English. I guess the channel is based in Ghana.
Kudos to you Captainus for this great channel, although the H polarity worked work for me.

I remain surprised how i didn't get the channel from all the numerous blind scans i have done on the C band dish.
Is there a special way of doing C band blind scan? I use strong srt 4653x/4663x receivers
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 2:44pm On Feb 10, 2009
@ All,
Just tested my 6.0m dish. It was ok. All NILESAT TPs came up including CNN and showsports. But my target is Eurobirb1 and Astra.
@ Adewest, your time to visit south-south don dey near ooo!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 3:15pm On Feb 10, 2009
@Jossybless.

Did you press 6969 (x 2) on your decoder? Its possible that Jsc channels may be down or the patch you have are outdated. Oga Moderator, Can you confirm whether the JSC channels are still up? So be patient.

@Buttoneday

6m dish? Well done. Very soon, I go come subscribe for contents for your side ooo. grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 3:27pm On Feb 10, 2009
@olofofo
pls join in yahoo chat mine is joadekunle@yahoo.com am waiting for you plsssssss
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2009
@ babaegun
as at yesterday jsc are up and working. Kindly get across to gangasta101, he needs your help, I think his number is in FTA FAQ thread.

@jossybless, the best thing you can do is give either olofofo or myself a call when you are in front of your tv. IN my own case, I will be at home anytime 9pm.

@butoneday
Congratulations!!! You just sue me for such an effot too. I think my next point of call will be 6M dish. grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Dejsam(m): 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2009
@josseybless,
what is ur e-mail address just post it so that i can teach u what to do.u can also chat with me on yahoo messenger.my e-mail is dejsam247@yahoo.com
this is my phone no-08054409248 and 07029817010.u can give me a call.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2009
@ twinstaiye

Cheers  cool

@ jossybless

Did you get the correct software and what is the date of the software you are trying to load?

Did it load into your receiver at all and did it open any other channels apart from the JSC+ channels?

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.