Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,490 members, 7,854,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:57 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (204003 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 1:09am On Feb 12, 2009
@enitan
thnk God u are back i hope the jungle fever don go finally!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 8:32am On Feb 12, 2009
@Nash-FTA, jujukemist, Gem

Thanks a lot.

@all on ABRACADABRA Updates

jujukemist:

There is already speculations that soon upgrade would not be available anymore.

There is this hype that moresat.com will be closed down. its been on for sometime but this morning, the site is down.  Does that mean there will be no support for the Abracadabra card? I learn t its been down in the past. ART is presently down on Starsat (my own end sha) Can guys in the house educate us on this.

@enitan
enitan2002:

, what type of cable do we use for PC-DECODER, DECODER-DECODER? any right answer to d above question deserves a UNTOUCHED TILAPIA FISH from me

How bodi? the Lord is your strength.

To connect same devices, we make use of cross cable and to connect different devices, we use straight cable. However, to connect PC-Decoder, I crossed the cable to achieve the connection for the transfer. So PC-Decoder is crossed. I have never done Decoder-Decoder transfer before so i don't know the type of cable but it likely to be crossed too. For the tilapia, no thanks. no be the tilapia cause your present predicament?    grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:34am On Feb 12, 2009
@Pitodenz,
Thanks so much for your prompt response. You are simply wonderful.
I will try it out and give you my feedback. Expect a call from me later in the
day smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:47am On Feb 12, 2009
@Mr Gem,
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate all your effort although I couldn't
get the attachments as expected. smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jujukemist(m): 9:53am On Feb 12, 2009
fxproff<< echolink will work with any dish size solong the dish gathers enoughnsignal for it to decrypt. However your location determines your dish size. if you are in abuja,northwards to my own location,a 1.8m dish might do. But if you are in Southern Nigeria generally a 2.4m dish is recommended. The exception is that Adewest is able to deploy advanced Nano tweaking and material selection to achieve some awesome juju successes.
Though personally I think starsat is slightly better than echolink.
Pitodenz<< I think PH is located in an area whose topo-geochemical xteristics is of a magnetic soup in nature, hence your inability to access good signals. Alternatively you may need to run a 2hr course in NANO tweaking from Adewest, so that you can be able to trap brownian signals modified as a result od your magnetic soup grin
I cant believe enitan is migrating to Nilesat,I remember some thread years ago when Enitan gave me a sustained GPMG attack because of my suggestion that Nilesat is the ultimate free to Air package cool Wellcome on board. Shukran شكرا
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:59am On Feb 12, 2009
@baba_egun,
Your illustrations on the RS232 null modem are very instructive. Keep up the
good work.

I did an upgrade on my 4653X yesterday with an rs232 I bought from my
supplier. I just plugged it in, selected COM PORT 1 (the default) and started
transfering firmware. And in a few seconds, it was all over. No crossing of
cables, no slicing, nothing. I guess some of these cables are ready made?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fopros: 11:01am On Feb 12, 2009
Thank you brothers for what you have been sharing for free in this forum. Here in Lome, everything is going well. and my first wish now is to get this FTA channels from Nilesat. I have got now the 2.4 m . what kind of lnb i need? I bought a Strong ku LNB and also Diplosat. Everything is ready to be installed.I already installed 90 cm to have the french channels on NSS7 and i also have the canalsat card and i am really tired giving them my money .Is there any key for some encrypted channels? Anyway, i will be satisfied with nilesat FTA if i can watch freely the premier league.Once again thank you brethen for your help in way .
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 11:33am On Feb 12, 2009
@ jujukemist
thank u sir!, i really appreciate ur help enlighten me more, i am in lagos, so i guess 2.4M dish would be good? since u said starsat decorder/receiver will be a bit better, i can choose that too, also does it work with the Juju card/abracatabra card? i guess nilesat is the best from all FTA(my own choice though). Also do any channel there show other league like la liga and french league as we know premier league is ascertained. Yes enitan is now joining the 2.4M dish league o, leaving the 90cmiers even tho he would have everything connected( i guess),
Sir if u have idea of other big dish price like 3M or more Abeg tell me o,
Thank u for ur help.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 11:57am On Feb 12, 2009
@pitodenz>> OM 4.2 is working fine wt my MTN SIM but MTN is charging me. For now,I am using OMM v.2.06 with Zain, F-O-C. You just need to re-configure your MTN WAP/GPRS Settings. Good luck. @Enitan>> STB devices are mini computers thus the data transfer connections between them and the popularly known PCs must be through CROSSED cables.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2009
@all 

anyone needing echolink can get in touch with me, price is =N=18,500. cash and carry. anyone outside of lagos should add the cost of transportation and anyone willing to have it delivered inperson will add the cost of doing that.  limited quantities available. call 08033401080 or 018738991. no flashing please.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 12, 2009
@ olofofo, whether limited or unlimited just reserve a unit 4 me. do u advice i get d echo b4 my dish? plsss put me on the reservation list. how far wit d other stuff? any success?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2009
Mr Gem
mine is collecting money too so it is not orking.
@ fopro
get a fuji ku lnb and u re good to go.
@ jujukemist
do u know that c-band signal dosnt work at all, in some area in ph,the signal ll be there,very high but it ll continue flashing off. How i wish we ll get a governor who ll relocated all these companies and factories in a desert.
@ enitan
i strongly advice u get ur dish first.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:16pm On Feb 12, 2009
@all

speculation are ongoing that we are seeing the end of the support for ab, card. i am personally willing to bet my money that this just the begining. watch this space, for more details. and updates.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2009
@all

i hear updates for ART is out already! can someone please confirm this.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 10:31pm On Feb 12, 2009
Baba Egun and Twinstaiye,

I really thank you guys for your efforts in making your upgrade process public information, because of your posts and the detailed information given by Baba Egun, not only have i successfully upgraded my echolink, i have also upgraded my strong receiver via serial (cos it was showing a memory error when i tried upgrading via usb after loading a fairly useless firmware), but even more importantly, i have managed to revive my defunct Iclass 9595x pvr receiver, which if you can remember i once said i had loaded a faulty firmware into and it became functionally useless. well i guess all i had to do was cut and join the wires the way you said and that was it.

for others who might try out the crossing over stuff soon, please note, there is no strict colour coding for the wiring so you actually have to test each wire using a multimeter to make sure, cos on mine, the orange and green wires were not for 3 or 5 as in Baba's post.

Enigma,

I guess i have finally brought that Iclass saga to a successful resolution. once again, thanks for your previous efforts, really appreciate them.

Jujukemist,

welcome back to the land of the free (and the home of those who have refused to be slaves). how's the crocodile land?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 12:05am On Feb 13, 2009
@All
I have been away though i try to find time to catch up with this thread when i can.
I will need 24 hour freedom. Backyard guys please tell me something.

Another reason for my silence here is January. A financially treacherous month.

I need a picture of 2 C band LNB and 1 KU band LNB for 2.4 Meter dish. My adaptations are showing their limit.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by maddoxoj(m): 3:26am On Feb 13, 2009
This is time for praying and fasting for all sat hobbyists. See as one useless Russian satellite go "jam" Iridium satellite wey no do am anything. Since satellites don begin get accident for sky, may we all pray that Nigcomsat-1 and other space junk don't go and collide with "beta" satellites like Nilesat and co. Did I hear a loud Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 7:19am On Feb 13, 2009
@olofofo

Art is up and running.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by NashFTA(m): 7:20am On Feb 13, 2009
@All,
I guess maddoxoj is refering to the following story:

US and RUSSIAN SATELLITES COLLIDE IN SPACE
Iain Thomson in San Francisco, vnunet.com 12 Feb 2009

Nasa has confirmed that two satellites, one Russian and one American, have collided in space.
The US satellite was part of the Iridium network, a global telephony service set up by Motorola in the late 1990s that went bankrupt and is now owned by private investors. The US military is a major client.

The Russian satellite, Cosmos 2251, was an out-of-control communications satellite weighing almost a ton. The resultant debris cloud is being monitored to make sure that other satellites are not in danger.

"We knew this was going to happen eventually," Mark Matney, an orbital debris scientist at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, told Associated Press. "The collisions are going to become more and more important in the coming decades."

Space debris is an increasing problem as satellites break up in orbit, and is now considered by Nasa as the number one danger to Space Shuttle flights.

The Iridium network was originally conceived as a network of telephony satellites that allowed calls to be made anywhere in the world. Despite start-up costs estimated in the billions, the network was sold at auction for around $25m (£17m).  angry cry

Source Websites:
_http://www.infomaticsonline.co.uk/vnunet/news/2236318/russian-satellites-collide_;
_http://www.deccanchronicle.com/international/us,-russia-satellites-smash-space-934_;
_http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/02/12/us.russia.satellite.crash/index.html?eref=rss_topstories_
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 7:30am On Feb 13, 2009
@badaru

yes i just confirmed it now. I guess the show continues hey!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 7:35am On Feb 13, 2009
@all>> Pls check the backyard. I have just posted the promised software. Bye.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 8:17am On Feb 13, 2009
@gangsta101

Well done on the success of your upgrades.

@all

So it shows that there are different RS232 cables in the market (straight, crossed etc). I think the best thing for forum members to do when they buy new rs 232 cable is for them to attempt making upgrade with it, and if it fails, they should then try the cut and test method with a multimeter as the colored wires might be different from the one in my tutorial.

@olofofo,

yeah, the updates are out. So, the party continues.  grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:48am On Feb 13, 2009
@Ecowas4All,
I see you finally bought my suggestion of using three LNBs for your motorised.
What you're asking for was posted way back in this thread late last year. But rather
than refer you to the page, you're lucky I still have copies of the pictures, so here
they are. They were posted originally by adewest, so the credit goes to him and not me:

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:51am On Feb 13, 2009
Here's another:

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:54am On Feb 13, 2009
And the last one-all thanks to adewest the FTA guru grin

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:57am On Feb 13, 2009
@Mr Gem,
That your UCB browser stuff na stroke o! You no get d one wey dey pocket friendly? grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ifende(m): 9:04am On Feb 13, 2009
@ Echolink Users
ART is up and running,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 13, 2009
@ maddox, there are different types of satellite location, the one u were refering to is owned by motorola named iridium, they are used solely for telephony purposes, and the location they are placed is closer to earth than the geo-stationary birds. their orbital period is faster than the geo ones. i will explain better when am on a PC.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2009
If there is anything man knows how to create, it is debris, and we seem to be littering everywhere, the land, sea, desert and now space.

Badaru/Olofofo/Ifende,

when u say art is up and running, is it with a new software or with those from 7th of feb?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:47pm On Feb 13, 2009
@ecowas4all,
Just in case you haven't figured it out, the middle lnb in the pictures above is the KU lnb,
the other two are C-Band lnbs. One with di-electric and the other without.
Hope this helps?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2009
@all,
I will be posting a satellite tracking software to the backyard later tonite
for all those techie guys like me. This one is not the popular saa dish
alignment tool from al-soft. That is child's play compared to what this
one can do and you'll be having the licensed version for FREE! smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 3:58pm On Feb 13, 2009
@D_george>> Any backyard matters are better resolved at that end. I have sent a reply to your request.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.