Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,460 members, 7,854,004 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:23 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203999 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by NashFTA(m): 3:57pm On Feb 10, 2009
@bodeJohn,
bodejohn:

@ All

I got Stv 1&2 on the W3 bird yesterday after a blind scan of the satellite.
I was about jubilating when i discovered that the frequency and symbol rate is the same with the channels on the Sirius bird.
The stv channels on W3 appeared with a 45 to 50% signal quality, compared to Sirius stv with over 80% quality.
Although i have not checked other Sirius channels on W3, there is a slight possibility on nailing the two birds on one dish

It's possible to receive both birds on one dish, even a 65cm Eurostar like the one I use. You just need to strike a balance/compromise by reducing the signal quality of W3A to 50 - 52% and the Sirius TPs will appear at 45%. However, weak channels like Ariane TV on W3A may not show up on the 65cm. With a 90cm, you are sure to have all channels, I guess. I welcome those with a 90cm to prove this theory. Note: You must use an LNB with a noise figure of 0.2dB - 0.3dB. I use a "StarMax" 0.2dB LNB.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ADEBOSUN(m): 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2009
@all
its been a while and i hae to confess, u guys are doin a very good job! please keep it up
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 8:14pm On Feb 10, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

@ All,
Just tested my 6.0m dish. It was ok. All NILESAT TPs came up including CNN and showsports. But my target is Eurobirb1 and Astra.
@ Adewest, your time to visit south-south don dey near ooo!!!

@ BUTONEDAY,
No problem always with you sir.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 8:52pm On Feb 10, 2009
@pitodenz>> I'm also enjoying that FBT stuff here. Only God knows how many kb of files I'm accessing within an hour, either through phone or lapi. I'll send a newest web browser software to the backyard soonest.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 8:53pm On Feb 10, 2009
@pitodenz>> I'm also enjoying that FBT stuff here. Only God knows how many kb of files I'm accessing within an hour, either through phone or lapi. I'll send a newest web browser software to the backyard soonest.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 8:53pm On Feb 10, 2009
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 8:59pm On Feb 10, 2009
jossybless:

@adewest
I need your HELP plsssssss I have tried downloading the softwares several times but they are not working on my decoder strong 4663X to open jsc +1234 on nilesat I have tried all possible means but they are not coming and am missing all the premiership matches abeg ooooooooooo pls help me with what to do and the steps.

@jossybless,
I hope by now u should b ok with all helping hands around,but if still in some problem don't hesitate to give a call.Stay bless

@pitodenz,
I hope that ur weather is quite different fm Enugu weather.Because i once made a motorise set-up @ Enugu with same strong pan and Nilesat reception is no different if not better fm what is receivable in Lagos. I guess something is missing out.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 9:05pm On Feb 10, 2009
@all>> I'm very sorry for the mistake above. It was a mouse problem.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 9:15pm On Feb 10, 2009
jossybless:

@adewest
I need your HELP plsssssss I have tried downloading the softwares several times but they are not working on my decoder strong 4663X to open jsc +1234 on nilesat I have tried all possible means but they are not coming and am missing all the premiership matches abeg ooooooooooo pls help me with what to do and the steps.

@jossybless,
I hope by now u should b ok with all helping hands around,but if still in some problem don't hesitate to give a call.Stay bless

@pitodenz,
I hope that ur weather is quite different fm Enugu weather.Because i once made a motorise set-up @ Enugu with same strong pan and Nilesat reception is no different if not better fm what is receivable in Lagos. I guess something is missing out.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 10:38pm On Feb 10, 2009
@ adewest
i ve also work in enugu and some eastern side and their reception is always better,mind u, enugu is on hill top,even
Omoku and Ahoda in the same river state has better reeption than ph itself.Warri ll give u the same with lagos.
@ mr gem
no be mouse my brother but ftb
@ enitan
get well,i dey miss u.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 8:44am On Feb 11, 2009
@ Mr Gem,
I'm also enjoying that FBT stuff here. Only God knows how many kb of files I'm accessing within an hour, either through phone or lapi. I'll send a newest web browser software to the backyard soonest. Reference to your quote I will appreciate if you kindly send me software to my mail box do u used lapi or mobile Phone? So I can be enjoying FBT also, my mail is joadekunle@yahoo.com Thanks WAITING !!!!!!!!!!!

@Adewest @enigma@olofofo, I spoke with oga moderator yesterday and we agreed to meet to day so he can have a critical look at my decoder so am gratefull for all your concern
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 9:08am On Feb 11, 2009
@Pitodenz>> I read ur request on 4.2 from the other end and I've replied. @jossybless>> I can access the web both on phone and lapi simultaneously with a single network!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 10:33am On Feb 11, 2009
jossybless:

@ Mr Gem,
I'm also enjoying that FBT stuff here. Only God knows how many kb of files I'm accessing within an hour, either through phone or lapi. I'll send a newest web browser software to the backyard soonest. Reference to your quote I will appreciate if you kindly send me software to my mail box do u used lapi or mobile Phone? So I can be enjoying FBT also, my mail is joadekunle@yahoo.com Thanks WAITING !!!!!!!!!!!

@Adewest @enigma@olofofo, I spoke with oga moderator yesterday and we agreed to meet to day so he can have a critical look at my decoder so am gratefull for all your concern
visit http://www.naijacity/site/forums.asp?site=naijacity&p=deftergoster&un=pitodenz&pw=YrXYht&f=41769&id=163935&PageNum=4&mood=
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:12am On Feb 11, 2009
@butoneday get in touch with me, there is a new angle to our deal on starsat receivers. Same goes to GeorgeD.
@twinstaiye,
What's up with the starsat stuff? Any qualms?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:16am On Feb 11, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
congratiulations. looks like you finally hit it off with the 6m dish. I'll be paying you a visit soon to have a first hand
experience grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:04pm On Feb 11, 2009
@Pitodenz & Mr Gem,
I sent you guys a mail on the FBT stuff. kindly check and reply.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 12:15pm On Feb 11, 2009
olofofo thanks so much for the upgrade.how are your family ,madam,pikin and those wonderful dogs.Hope to visit you some other time.but this time with my family and my dog too grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ciscostaz: 1:27pm On Feb 11, 2009
wink
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 1:43pm On Feb 11, 2009
HOW TO BUILD AN RS 232 CABLE

Go to the guys selling computer parts. Buy an  rs 232 cable (as shown in Diagram 1). You can take the picture along with you for them to understand.  Both ends of the cable should be female (with holes) See attached diagram.  The connections will be

pin 2-----------------------------------pin 3
pin 3-----------------------------------pin 2
pin 5-----------------------------------pin 5

Though it may be difficult for you to physically know what connects to what, i will give you my own style.

Take a cutter (or knife, pliers)  and cut your cable into 2 at the midpoint (middle), you will find 9 coloured cables including a naked one.  You will only need the Green, Orange, Red and the naked cable. Connects it  like this at both ends.

END 1                                   END 2

Red  ------> connects to   <----------- Orange
Orange        ------> connects to   <-----------  Red
Green      -----> connects to   <----------- Green
Naked wire ------> connects to   <----------- Naked wire

If you connect it well, then you are good to go. (make sure you cover the connected ends with cello tape before you destroy your decoder oooo)

Check the diagram for more details.

However, if your own cable is different, you will need a Multimeter (in the diagram) to test the cable to actually determine pin 2, 3 and 5 then you cross it as is shown in the diagram. How do you test? Alright, Turn the multimeter in such a way as if you are testing for the resistance of the cable e.g. 2k, then connect one end of your Multimeter to pin 2 (second hole from right) (see pin diagram 1 -5, 6 – 9) and then the other end of the meter, use it to touch each ends of the coloured cables to test. If there is a deflection(analog) or value (for digital) , then you know that is the cable for that particular hole (pin 2) . Do the same to determine pin 3 and 5. The naked cable is easy to see.  You can then connect the cable to your decoder and PC to start the transfer.

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by NashFTA(m): 1:49pm On Feb 11, 2009
@All,
Down load your latest Telesatellite Magazine here: http://magazine.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-0903-eng.pdf .(February-March 2009 Issue). smiley cool
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by NashFTA(m): 1:56pm On Feb 11, 2009
@baba egun,
Thanks for the highly informative diagrams and info on RS 232 cable. This is my area of profession too - electronics.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jujukemist(m): 3:28pm On Feb 11, 2009
;DBaba egun you are the son of your father, what you posted is a form of advanced witchcraft-nija equivalent. God bless you-you are not ordinary. I hail.
Pitodenz; pole mount neck construction costs 1k5 here in kd. I have already told you the costs of the dishes.
I Patched my 4653X strong decoder today jsc 1 to 4 is still on.
Breaking News: Kaduna price Echolink with the jujucard is 15k. Starsat(I prefer amd recommend it) with jujucard is 16k500.My projections is that there will be a 500bucks reduction every week. There is already speculations that soon upgrade would not be available anymore.
one other observation;IT seems ECHOLINK anaylses signal poorly.
Strong manufacturers were beaten by these jujucard group, hence I am forcasting a response my strong,anytime soon coming out with their own type of decoder and jujucard for under 15k.
Gangsta how you dey?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 5:46pm On Feb 11, 2009
@baba egun>> Thanks for your detailed explanations on RS 232-C construction. @Nash-FTA>> "This is my area of profession too- electronic." Sir, why did you kept mute when I raised issues on repair of refurbised SRT Decoders? Your silence was un-ethical to the problems-solving platform we are enjoying in this forum/thread. The house deserves an apology from you. @me luv>> Thanks for d infos. But sir,this thread is not for marketing of services. We are all addicted to freebies. Someone of our picture is baba egun who released infos above that people like you would have sold. We are enjoying free things here ooo,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by weierstras(m): 6:34pm On Feb 11, 2009
how can i update my strong 4663x satellite list.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 7:11pm On Feb 11, 2009
@ George D
i was about to ask after you.Why dont u visit the site i refer to people here. NAIJATRICITY. check ur mail box for the software,i ll try to upload gpass in ur box now.
@ Mr GEM
is opera mini 4.2 works with ur mtn?
@ jujukemist
thanks i ll give u a call once am ready
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fopros: 7:46pm On Feb 11, 2009
God bless you all for what you are doing in this forum.
I am from TOGO in Lome, i would like to ask you how i can get the channels from Nilesat. What dish i do i need? 90 cm?1.8 m or 2.4m? And also to how to get to decode the Showtime package? I have a Strong 4653X reciever. I live in Lome ,TOGO.Also how can i patched my STRONG 4653 X decoder? thank you for your help
I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2009
@fopros
Welcome to this forum. How is Lome? Good to know this forum is monitored in your area. I am sure Adewest would be in position to ascertain what type of dish you will need in Lome to track nilesat. As soon as you have your nilesat installed, be rest assured that members of this forum will put you through on how to patch your strong decoders. Welcome once again.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2009
@ jujukemist
i hope so too, that strong pple would be able to bring out them own juju card o, so that we that uses strong can also either buy the card or buy the complete receiver and juju card, its a good projection u made, and i am personally lookin forward to the gud news from u , telling me strong has their own juju card ,
 one question: the ecolink and the juju card can only work with 2.4M dish up ward right?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2009
@ George D
                    check ur mail box now
@ fopros
             u re wonderfully welcome,just ve ur eye from 2.4m and above for nilesat.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 11, 2009
there are two types of rs232 cable, straight and cross type. cables are use in networking devices. DTE-Data Terminal Equipment is used to describe d initiator or controller of d serial connection typically a PC. DCE-Data Communication Equipment are devices connected to the DTE devices eg of DCE, modems,routers etc. DCE is also an interface btw d source and the medium, and the medium and the destination or receiver. PC-PC we make use of cross-over cable, PC-MODEM/SWITCH/HUB we make use of straight cable. MODEM-ROUTER we have cross over cable. so with the above explanation what type of cable do we use for PC-DECODER, DECODER-DECODER? any right answer to d above question deserves a UNTOUCHED TILAPIA FISH from me
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 11, 2009
@ all, point to take note, my next post after this will be immediately when my nile bird is installd and operational. many metaphysical battles are being waged against me in achieving my aim by my fellow 90cm users like ekonibaje etc. ANY WEAPONS DIRECTED AGAINST ME WILL RETURN TO THE SENDER IN MULTIPLE TIMES SO THAT THEY WONT BE ABLE TO INSTALL ANY DISH ABOVE 90CM IN THEIR ABODES WHETHER OWNED OR RENTED, THEIR LANDLORDS WILL STILL COMPLAIN 90CM IS STILL TOO BIG,THAT THEY SHOULD MAKE USE OF 50CM DISHES, and my wellwishers ola,badaru,olofofo,tox,adewest,obnelly all chorused AMEN.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 1:08am On Feb 12, 2009
@enitan
that praya heavy o shocked grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.