Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,153 members, 7,860,127 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:19 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (204146 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:09pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Mr Gem,
I agree with you on that. Just sent you my reply too.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 4:21pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Olofofo,etc>> The people in Lagos, please I need two new & ORIGINAL panels for SRT 4653X decoders. Please help me to confirm the prices. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2009
 [size=14pt]ATTENTION:[/size]

@ Twinstaye, Olofofo, Badaru, Adawest, Enitan2002, Toxnaija, Gangsta101, Jujukemist, Maddox, Enigma and others. I know Enigma is in the UK, but over there, he receives most if not all the European birds receivable in Nigeria.

To help Newcomers and Seasoned Hobbyists to aim their dish during installation, can you guys put together a list of "Strong and Active Transponders" on all the Birds receivable in Nigeria? This will go a long way in reducing the amount of time spent guessing and looking for a "Strong" working Transponder on a Bird during initial satellite/dish setups.  Here is an example of what I'm referring to on Satelliteguys.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2009
On a lighter mood!!!  grin See a good clip detailing Mr. Clarke's (Clarke belt) Vision of Satellites in space.  cool

Click Here
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2009
F_Marshal,
I enjoyed every bit of the Chaparral documentary.Anyway,it's my field.

Enitan,
the mouth that the snail used in abusing the gods,the same mouth it will use to beg them.Remember how you yabbed all of us who were propagating Nilesat then.I am looking forward to the day Nilesat signals will get to your living room.thanks to pitodenz for reminding us of your yabis then.welcome to the most exciting bird!I know say u no go gree yeye engineer ashawo.

all,
fta is a hobby.even if abracadabra support goes,let's enjoy it while it lasts.In fact,I am motorising my 3m fibre next week making me to spend almost 10k again inspite of the fact that I am broke.I want to bring to the notice of everybody that some of us have the habit of encouraging the buying of cards especially when you call them to ask about the availability of new softwares and patches.you know yourselves.this is an fta forum.It is not fair of you to tell other members to buy cards when patches and softwares are off.Moderator,please address this.

badaru1,
na wa oo.you didnt pick my calls and you never reported your findings on Atlantic bird2-Kabelkiosk/orbit.please holla me.

Graciousme,
pls go for the receiver.you can call twinstaiye and baba-egun for advice on starsat/echolink.Happy Valentine.I wish you were in Lagos for the weekend.I would have given you a big treat.regards.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 8:48pm On Feb 13, 2009
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2009
@ All. Something should be done about POST #2786.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2009
toxnaija:

F_Marshal,
I enjoyed every bit of the Chaparral documentary.Anyway,it's my field.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It is good for us all to know how it all began! grin How u dey nah?? wink

F_Marshal:

[size=14pt]ATTENTION:[/size]

@ Twinstaye, Olofofo, Badaru, Adawest, Enitan2002, Toxnaija, Gangsta101, Jujukemist, Maddox, Enigma and others. I know Enigma is in the UK, but over there, he receives most if not all the European birds receivable in Nigeria.

To help Newcomers and Seasoned Hobbyists to aim their dish during installation, can you guys put together a list of "Strong and Active Transponders" on all the Birds receivable in Nigeria? This will go a long way in reducing the amount of time spent guessing and looking for a "Strong" working Transponder on a Bird during initial satellite/dish setups.  Here is an example of what I'm referring to on Satelliteguys.

Tox!  Your input is needed here o!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:06pm On Feb 13, 2009
@F_Marshal,
I'm afraid your request will be a bit difficult to grant. Reason being that these
transponders are not cast in stone. A 'strong and active' transponder today
may be a very dead transponder the next day. Just take GTV for example
(formerly on W4 but now gone) and MSNBC (also formerly on W3a).
So, your best bet is to always visit lyngsat for an update of active transponders
when and if you need them.
As for coverage area, you can also use the EIRP map to confirm such a bird's
footprint. Hope this helps?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Gem

last time i checked iit was 2500.

@f_marshall

how u dey. i tire pass tyre!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 11:17pm On Feb 13, 2009
George_D:

@F_Marshal,
I'm afraid your request will be a bit difficult to grant.[/color] Reason being that these
transponders are not cast in stone. A 'strong and active' transponder today
may be a very dead transponder the next day. Just take GTV for example
(formerly on W4 but now gone) and MSNBC (also formerly on W3a).
So, your best bet is to always visit lyngsat for an update of active transponders
when and if you need them.
As for coverage area, you can also use the EIRP map to confirm such a bird's
footprint. Hope this helps?

@ George_D

No! that is not a very hard request for those who monitor the frequencies very often like some of you that I listed above. It is true that some transponders come and go, but there are those that are strong and always powered-up on some birds. As you maybe aware, Lyngsat only lists active transponders, but doesn't indicate to the installer the transponder which to use to aim his/her dish. Therefore, the job of finding and maintaining a log of strong transponders on any giving satellite has always fallen on the Hobbyists like you and me.  I personally do not have any need to track any birds from Europe or Africa for that matter, due to the fact that all those birds are out of my foot print here in North America.  I'm merely trying to consolidate information for people on this forum who repeatedly ask " I don't know which is the best Transponder to use in aligning my dish?" I know some of the advanced users will come up with that list. Let's not be discouraged.  See an example of what am talking about [color=#006600][size=14pt]here[/size]. Scroll down when the page displays to see the Strongest Transponders on most birds in North America. That should give you an idea. wink
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 11:22pm On Feb 13, 2009
olofofo:

@f_marshall

how u dey. i tire pass tyre!

My very good man!!!! cheesy How u dey nah? How is ya Family? Abeg, no dey quick dey tire oooo!, You don drink Locazade and 5 alive? grin

I need your input on listing those strong transponders on the Birds found in Nigeria! I know it will benefit a lot of users back there. cool
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 11:42pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Olofofo>> Please help me to confirm the latest price. Thanks so much.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 11:57pm On Feb 13, 2009
@gem

number of the strong workshop technician 07037876646

@f_marshall

no mind me. waka too much for my legs this couple of days. will do what i can with assignment.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 12:04am On Feb 14, 2009
@ Olofofo
               i dont know how to upload using the group,anyway i managed to drop the software somewhere i saw FILES, the i.p to use is   201.229.208.2 and is for zain but on fone.u can download with it and its very fast.
If u teach me how to use the group  so that i ll post the cheats that works with both  S40 fones there.THIS ONE UR FONE DISPLAY LIKE DESKTOP.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 7:29am On Feb 14, 2009
@pito

using the group as long as you are a member is to send a mail to nairaland-fta@googlegroups.com and everbody in the group will receive the post and when anyone reply, it will come to your box. just attached whatever you want to share and everyone will see it. gbam. kawai! i think that is exactly what you did.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 8:15am On Feb 14, 2009
@George_D
Five Gbosaas to you for the trouble in reviving the pictures just for my sake. Thats what love can do. I greet you.
This forum is very addictive users are warned. I hope my boss doesn't get to see th frequency with which i check the forum even in the office!
See right now i am supposed to be writing an urgent report. See where I am? Na wah Oh!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:54am On Feb 14, 2009
@all,
HAPPY VALENTINE TO ALL THE GOOD GUYS (& GALS?) IN THE HOUSE smiley smiley smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 11:33am On Feb 14, 2009
F_Marshall,
i do agree with u, we do need a list of active and strong transponders for the most commonly tracked birds in this region, and also that such a list is not difficult to prepare. a couple of weeks back, i decided to try my hand at tracking some of the birds i had never tracked before, so i went on the net and got most of the needed infos e.g lnb skew, elevation and azimuth, but nowhere could a find a recommended tracking freq. so i had to call up Badaru and he gave me that of hotbird and hispasat, i did get the hotbird but not the hispasat (i think he wasn't certain of the hispa one he gave me).
Anyways, my point is thatis probably the most useful info for tracking. i am actually preparing something like that, but mine is actually a list of receivable TPS and their signal strenght for all the sats am able to track at my location, but lets see what happens soon cos my knowledge for now is limited to Nilesat, hotbird, intelsat 7/10, W4, W3, sirius 4, and NSS7 ((KU/C).
Actually George anyone can do this easily, someone who has a motorized setup can just go thru all his sats and copy out the strongest TPs for eah sat and post them.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:13pm On Feb 14, 2009
@F_Marshall,
@Gangsta101,
I agree with both of you 100%. But such list of active transponders can only be useful
for a brief period in time. Two days, three days, a week maybe. These transponders
are always very dynamic. A transponder with a signal strenght of maybe 90% today
can suddenly drop to 40% or struggling at 56%. Or they may even just disapear just
like that! There are several factors that can lead to this which of course I don't want
to go into here. So your best bet is to visit lyngsat or call those who are hooked on
to those birds at that moment to give you the info.
Or better still, you can use the software I will be uploading to the Google group later
today. I would have done it yesterday but somehow I couldn't get to my laptop until
very late in the night. So, if you're in the G-group, just hold your fire. Wait for the stuff
and install. You'll be amazed, I promise you. As long as you can constantly connect to
the internet, just update the transponder list frequently and you'll always have a list
of currently active transponders and their signal strenght/quality for any bird all at
your fingertips! And what's more-its the licensed version, all for free!
Consider it my VALENTINE gift to the house grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 12:56pm On Feb 14, 2009
actually george, they do not change as regularly as u suppose. for instance if u track nilesat, it makes sense to use 10758 V 27500, cos every single time, it will always be head over hills higher than all the others.
i believe the same goes for 10949 for Hotbird. infact it is of the utmost importance to have these TPS at one's fingertips all the time.
i'm posting from my phone, so i can't keep up this discussion, but i'm also waiting for your software, i do need an easy reference guide.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 1:19pm On Feb 14, 2009
@ Gangsta

What size dish did you get Hotbird with and in what location? How many channels/transponders did you get? In fact, which particular tansponders?

Please same answers for Intelsat 7/10 --- I am guessing that was just the C band -- or did you get any Ku band on that?

@ all

The strongest transponder list is a very useful tool; I have one for European satellites covering about 30 or so satellites. But it is not going to be useful for Nigeria/W Africa; people with installation experience over there have to supply the information; this may be by providing individual lists (no matter how small) or giving information of experience with a particular satellite. Interestingly, I know that such information is already scattered throughout the two FTA threads; however, what we need to do is to have a list and place it on the FTA sticky thread.

Edited Another thing: the list will have to be regional or even there might need to be more than one list e.g. list for Lagos, for PH, Abuja, Accra and other parts of Ghana etc though even one list could be useful as a general indicator.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by houstonia(m): 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2009
please dont read this, nooo! sorry but In 1997 a girl called lauren was walking in a forest and then a she just dissapeared no one ever found her untill 2000 when a yoing girl called Mary found her body and markings on her chest saying: I wasnt pretty enough" and now you have read this she will appear in your mirrorrsaying your not pretty enough and kill you by the way the girl called mary</3 died shortly after. To be saved paste this to 5 other bands. THIS IS TRUE Now uv started readin dis dunt stop. This is so scary. Send this to 5 ova bands in 143 Minutes. When ur done press F6 and ur crushes name will appear on the screen in big letters. This is scary cause it actually works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!! LOL
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2009
@All
Action Not Words: Here Goes :-
PAS7/10 C        3.776GHZ SR 3299 H      68.5 Deg E
PAS7/10 K      12.669GHZ SR 26636 H  
PAS 906 C        3.884GHZ SR 3271 H      64  Deg E
PAS 902 C        3.837GHZ SR 3299 H     62   Deg E
NSS 703 C        3.910GHZ SR 2894 H     57   Deg E
ARB 2B   C        4.125GHZ SR 27500 V   30.5 Deg E
W3A       K       10976       SR 3333 V         7 Deg  E
ATLB 3    C       3.646GHZ SR 2170 V         5 Deg W
EX A3     C       3.675GHZ SR 29623 V        11 Deg W
NSS7     C        3.725GHZ SR 1462 H       22 Deg W (Incredible 97%)

My Position Accra (Close to Airport See Google Earth)
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 2:47pm On Feb 14, 2009
houstonia:

please dont read this, nooo! sorry but In 1997 a girl called lauren was walking in a forest and then a she just dissapeared no one ever found her untill 2000 when a yoing girl called Mary found her body and markings on her chest saying: I wasnt pretty enough" and now you have read this she will appear in your mirrorrsaying your not pretty enough and kill you by the way the girl called mary</3 died shortly after. To be saved paste this to 5 other bands. THIS IS TRUE Now uv started readin dis dunt stop. This is so scary. Send this to 5 ova bands in 143 Minutes. When ur done press F6 and ur crushes name will appear on the screen in big letters. This is scary cause it actually works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!! LOL

A classic case of kolomental!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2009
@Gangsta101, F_Marshal, et al,
It's done now. I have just uploaded the software directly to the files section.
When you configure it properly, it gives you a list of active
transponders for your exact latitude and longitude along with their signal strenght/
quality. And, it even tells you what time of day the sun will be in the exact position
of the bird you're tracking smiley
What more can I say? Download and enjoy. HAPPY VALENTINE once again smiley smiley smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2009
Gangsta101:

actually george, they do not change as regularly as u suppose. for instance if u track nilesat, it makes sense to use 10758 V 27500, cos every single time, it will always be head over hills higher than all the others.
i believe the same goes for 10949 for Hotbird. infact it is of the utmost importance to have these TPS at one's fingertips all the time.
i'm posting from my phone, so i can't keep up this discussion, but i'm also waiting for your software, i do need an easy reference guide.
[/quot

@ Gangsta101,
quote,it makes sense to use 10758 V 27500, cos every single time, it will always be head over hills higher than all the others. unquote.Own comment.That is not true for every geo location inside Nigeria.As u can see each and every satellite transponder respond differently in every geo location within Nigeria,so while tracking within the North e.g Sokoto,kano,Maiduguri,Biu,Bauchi,Jos,Lafia,Abuja,kaduna,kafanchan,Minna,Lokoja,Makurdi,Taraba,Jebba,Ilorin and possibly Ibadan it's right for me to use that ur said tp which of course i can also track using 60cm dish within the states in northern Nigeria. But it will b damn [b]wrong [/b]for me to be at place like Ilorin,Ibadan and Lagos and using the said tp to track nilesat.Just for ur information only.

@ Houstonia,
Message fm lauren to u that u are in deep trouble tonight. This is no joke.

@ FTA Field Marshal,
I hope u have not connive with European sat owner/transmitter in trying to reduce the strength of their signal towards Africa grin grin grin grin me i don kolo mental for that ya demand o.But all the same sha as Mr. Badaru and adewest as made some similar post back on this forum, which i think is similar to what u r asking on. But note that European sat owner regret to see the trace of their signal stretching into Nigeria,so the little trace of what someone could track out of European bird in term of signal strength is not constant in every 100km here in Niger,but we are looking forward to that D-day when able people like You could get a sat launch in the orbit bearing channel in the name of regional and Global for Niger.All the best

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2009
@Ecowas4all

Thanks cool

@ twinstaiye

Oga moderator maybe Ecowas' post https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-182209.2784.html#msg3468614 to go in sticky FTA please? cool
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2009
@adewest

oga soldier how far. that new AB release you sent wast live last night on hotbird, all 3 opened. thx.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adewest(m): 7:57pm On Feb 14, 2009
@ Ololfofo,
I hope say nobody catch u including madam grin grin grin,or u give me a real fight,as in the HULK series
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:04pm On Feb 14, 2009
adewest:

@ Ololfofo,
I hope say nobody catch u including madam grin grin grin,or u give me a real fight,as in the HULK series

it was coded well well.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 11:02pm On Feb 14, 2009
@ George_D
We need all the help we can get in tracking those naughty birds in Naija. In addition to your software, it will be good to have that list of Strong Transponders out there for those individuals with limited access to the internet/computer. As the saying always goes "Knowledge is power." It is always good to have more than one option available to locating strong transponders.

@ Gangsta101
Please, help in anyway you can to contribute to the list of "Strong" active transponders. It is a tool that is badly needed in this forum. cool

Enigma:

@ all

The strongest transponder list is a very useful tool; I have one for European satellites covering about 30 or so satellites. But it is not going to be useful for Nigeria/W Africa; people with installation experience over there have to supply the information; this may be by providing individual lists (no matter how small) or giving information of experience with a particular satellite. Interestingly, I know that such information is already scattered throughout the two FTA threads; however, what we need to do is to have a list and place it on the FTA sticky thread.

Edited Another thing: the list will have to be regional or even there might need to be more than one list e.g. list for Lagos, for PH, Abuja, Accra and other parts of Ghana etc though even one list could be useful as a general indicator.
@ the Red Highlighted:
That is why I keep calling on Badaru, Pitodenz, Olofofo, Adewest, Toxnaija and others to contribute to that list. We need it!

@ Ecowas4All grin
Thanks for that small but gigantic bold step you took by posting that list. We need more of that from the other members. cool

@ adewest
I no be Saboteur oh!! cheesy I'm just trying to help our brothers and sister in Naija locate their satellite(s) of interest without having to spend many unwanted hours under the HOT Naija Sun. As you already know, the owners of those  satellites from Europe are aware of their beams reaching way beyond the intended target areas. U tink sey dem no sabi sey people wey dey Africa dey receive their beam? smiley Dem sabi o, but dem no care. By the way, how u dey sef? grin I look forward to your contributing to the Strong Transponder list. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.