Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637302 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Meedon: 11:26pm On Jul 20, 2019
From time to time coming here to look at my fellow introverts drop comment make me feel joy

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hakeem12(m): 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
I once sat beside a girl for a whole semester without saying more than "hi". She probably thought I was proud or something. When I got into university, I skipped classes from year one to three. Would always be in my hostel, on my phone or system. I didn't go to my departmental and faculty party. So it was like I didn't exist in my department till exam time. I always made excellent grades though.

I started going to classes from part 4 since attendance was then for exam. Then we had to start giving presentations. We were paired into groups and each group had to pick a leader. We had a meeting that day after class, these guys were talkatives and they fought over who would lead it. Someone pointed at me, and the rest laughed. They said I don't even talk in class and I would piss my pants in front of class. I wanted to say something but I played it over in my head and kept quiet. I have no problem talking to anyone, or even in front or any crowd, no matter how large. But keeping to myself gives people wrong impression.

Presentation day came, and our group was first up. We all went to stand in front of class and the leader had the mic. Our class was huge, about 270. Guy just stood there and froze, we were presenting a paper on substance related disorders, something I knew cold. The lecturer told us we would all score zero if no one spoke since our group leader wasn't talking. I took the mic from him and said I would talk. The class was dead silent. Everyone wanted to hear me speak. They were stunned when I finished, and I got a standing ovation.

I wouldn't trade what I am for anything. I focus on tasks better, study people better and tend to notice the bullshiit in people who even try to hide it.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Danhumprey: 8:57pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hakeem12:
I once sat beside a girl for a whole semester without saying more than "hi". She probably thought I was proud or something. When I got into university, I skipped classes from year one to three. Would always be in my hostel, on my phone or system. I didn't go to my departmental and faculty party. So it was like I didn't exist in my department till exam time. I always made excellent grades though.

I started going to classes from part 4 since attendance was then for exam. Then we had to start giving presentations. We were paired into groups and each group had to pick a leader. We had a meeting that day after class, these guys were talkatives and they fought over who would lead it. Someone pointed at me, and the rest laughed. They said I don't even talk in class and I would piss my pants in front of class. I wanted to say something but I played it over in my head and kept quiet. I have no problem talking to anyone, or even in front or any crowd, no matter how large. But keeping to myself give people wrong impression.

Presentation day came, and our group was first up. We all went to stand in front of class and the leader had the mic. Our class was huge, about 270. Guy just stood there and froze, we were presenting a paper on substance related disorder, something I knew cold. The lecturer told us we would all score zero if no one spoke since our group leader wasn't talking. I took the mic from him and said I would talk. The class was dead silent. Everyone wanted to hear me speak. They were stunned when I finished, and I got a standing ovation.

I wouldn't trade what I am for anything. I focus on tasks better, study people better and tend to notice the bullshiit in people who even try to hide it.
Amazing! I'm impressed and inspired. I'm an introvert myself and it's quite the struggle in school, especially in class, trying to keep to myself and people thinking I'm a snub.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rubbiish(m): 6:00am On Jul 24, 2019
JacksonMS:
My introversion is a mental illness cry cry
Lol
This guy again

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LeiderJa: 9:23pm On Jul 24, 2019
Alcohol unlocks me grin

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hakeem12(m): 7:41am On Jul 26, 2019
Danhumprey:
Amazing! I'm impressed and inspired. I'm an introvert myself and it's quite the struggle in school, especially in class, trying to keep to myself and people thinking I'm a snub.
You should try to interact with people though, especially the ones you sit beside in class, you can work it up from there. For me it more has to do with keeping the people I meet as casual acquaintances. I don't mind being friendly with people, but I really value my alone time and being quiet in general.

Usually when people want to get to know you and you open up, it will lead to longer conversations with them in the future, basically more time spent talking which drains your battery. Especially nowadays where I don't have as much time alone as I used to. I feel more of a need to withdraw and keep to myself. It's a bit tiring passing through the street and kicking off a conversation with X amount of people you happen to bump into. I try to save my social energy for people I really want to engage with and where it doesn't feel like a drain to talk to them. Unfortunately, people might take that the wrong way, but I have to think about myself too and I know that if I don't get time to myself, I'll be in a really bad way.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Danhumprey: 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
Hakeem12:
You should try to interact with people though, especially the ones you sit beside in class, you can work it up from there. For me it more has to do with keeping the people I meet as casual acquaintances. I don't mind being friendly with people, but I really value my alone time and being quiet in general.

Usually when people want to get to know you and you open up, it will lead to longer conversations with them in the future, basically more time spent talking which drains your battery. Especially nowadays where I don't have as much time alone as I used to. I feel more of a need to withdraw and keep to myself. It's a bit tiring passing through the street and kicking off a conversation with X amount of people you happen to bump into. I try to save my social energy for people I really want to engage with and where it doesn't feel like a drain to talk to them. Unfortunately, people might take that the wrong way, but I have to think about myself too and I know that if I don't get time to myself, I'll be in a really bad way.
Actually, I'm coming outta my shell. It took me gaining admission to break my out of my introvert shell. Slowly and gradually, I became more and more confident in meeting, chatting up and interacting with people, especially class mates. Although I still have some way to go, especially as regards speaking in front of a crowd. I still get stage fright.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by WINNERMENTALITY: 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
Most of you here are suffering from unmedicated Attention disorder or maladictive daydreaming....

One way or the other something is shrinking you inside and it's more psychological.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by omosiano(m): 8:01am On Jul 29, 2019
Specialbaby:
As an introvert, I fear I will end up single for life and it scares me. A lot actually!!! I seldom/don''t go out hence meeting a guy I like has been difficult. My life revolves around going to classes,church then straight back to my hostel. some of my Coursemate don't even know me. I am just tired and confused. I am always in a hurry to leave any social gathering..

Really, I am not enjoying this introvert lifestyle a bit and I blame my upbringing. I don't know what to do as I am just too shy for my liking.
Which school and wat level are you
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
Hakeem12:

I started going to classes from part 4 since attendance was then for exam. Then we had to start giving presentations. We were paired into groups and each group had to pick a leader. We had a meeting that day after class, these guys were talkatives and they fought over who would lead it. Someone pointed at me, and the rest laughed. They said I don't even talk in class and I would piss my pants in front of class. I wanted to say something but I played it over in my head and kept quiet. I have no problem talking to anyone, or even in front or any crowd, no matter how large. But keeping to myself give people wrong impression.

Presentation day came, and our group was first up. We all went to stand in front of class and the leader had the mic. Our class was huge, about 270. Guy just stood there and froze, we were presenting a paper on substance related disorder, something I knew cold. The lecturer told us we would all score zero if no one spoke since our group leader wasn't talking. I took the mic from him and said I would talk. The class was dead silent. Everyone wanted to hear me speak. They were stunned when I finished, and I got a standing ovation.

wow, congratulations, I wish I will be like you one day

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2019
WINNERMENTALITY:
Most of you here are suffering from unmedicated Attention disorder or maladictive daydreaming....

One way or the other something is shrinking you inside and it's more psychological.
i m experiencing this, there is a different world in my mind where I m bold and not an introvert

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
Rubbiish:

Lol
This guy again
it's affecting me negatively, I m getting depressed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajoboss(m): 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
Hakeem12:

wow!
Dis has made my day......can I send u a pm sir
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by WINNERMENTALITY: 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
JacksonMS:
i m experiencing this, there is a different world in my mind where I m bold and not an introvert
It's mere daydream.. If it's not impacting your life and u spend so much time daydreaming.. U should start getting busy more often.. And stop shying inside
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hakeem12(m): 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ajoboss:
wow!
Dis has made my day......can I send u a pm sir
sure, why not.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2019
WINNERMENTALITY:
It's mere daydream.. If it's not impacting your life and u spend so much time daydreaming.. U should start getting busy more often.. And stop shying inside
I m always busy at work but it affects my life positively(10%) and negatively(90%)
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babyfaceafrica: 8:27am On Jul 31, 2019
JacksonMS:
wow, congratulations, I wish I will be like you one day
be like yourself.. simple!!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 1:43am On Aug 01, 2019
Meedon:
From time to time coming here to look at my fellow introverts drop comment make me feel joy

grin
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 1:45am On Aug 01, 2019
LeiderJa:
Alcohol unlocks me grin
Sounds like Raj in The Big Bang Theory......

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Victornezzar: 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2019
Mine is something else

I always loose interest in a girl so quickly

I've never had a long lasting relationship.......I just broke up with one on Sunday

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Geofavor(m): 8:12am On Aug 02, 2019
So, I've had a lot to deal with for some time now. Need to draw strength from like-minded person(s).

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Geofavor(m): 8:13am On Aug 02, 2019
Victornezzar:
Mine is something else

I've never had a long lasting relationship.......I just broke up with one on Sunday
You are not ready for commitment.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Victornezzar: 8:16am On Aug 02, 2019
Geofavor:

You are not ready for commitment.
Not that Bro.....We just started dating as at June

She started asking for money for hair......She needs a new phone.......She wanna sub.....She wants a vacation

Babe even insulted my Dad.....She's too toxic

I just couldn't deal

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Geofavor(m): 8:23am On Aug 02, 2019
Victornezzar:

She started asking for money for hair......She needs a new phone.......She wanna sub.....She wants a vacation

I just couldn't deal
You said you quickly lose interest in girls. I was referring to that statement, not your last relationship.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Victornezzar: 8:25am On Aug 02, 2019
Geofavor:

You said you quickly lose interest in girls. I was referring to that statement, not your last relationship.
Yeah boss

I think I should just take a long break off it
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dfameguy: 5:01am On Aug 03, 2019
[quote author=uzoexcel post=25242033] grin grin grin grin
[/quoten not is sleeping am awake go on I with you ,good morning
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dfameguy: 5:01am On Aug 03, 2019
Good morning everyone customers friends
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Videohoto: 9:05am On Aug 04, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Dfameguy: 3:56am On Aug 05, 2019
Hail you all my ogas l good morning or they still sleeping
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Danhumprey: 7:39am On Aug 05, 2019
Victornezzar:
Mine is something else

@bolded, you're not alone. It's same with me.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Danhumprey: 7:40am On Aug 05, 2019
Victornezzar:

I just couldn't deal
@bolded, this is an instant deal-breaker for me. I simply can't deal.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Victornezzar: 8:06am On Aug 05, 2019
Danhumprey:
@bolded, this is an instant deal-breaker for me. I simply can't deal.
She had to send her friends to attack me ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.