Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637326 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SkinnyNigga: 8:21am On Aug 05, 2019
Specialbaby:
As an introvert, I fear I will end up single for life and it scares me. A lot actually!!! I seldom/don''t go out hence meeting a guy I like has been difficult. My life revolves around going to classes,church then straight back to my hostel. some of my Coursemate don't even know me. I am just tired and confused. I am always in a hurry to leave any social gathering..

Really, I am not enjoying this introvert lifestyle a bit and I blame my upbringing. I don't know what to do as I am just too shy for my liking.
hi.. can i get to know you ?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Specialbaby(f): 10:56am On Aug 06, 2019
SkinnyNigga:
hi.. can i get to know you ?
Sure although I don't come online often... Maybe you can drop your email or whatsap number. Good morning.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Specialbaby(f): 10:57am On Aug 06, 2019
omosiano:
Which school and wat level are you
I am in the university Sir.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Specialbaby(f): 10:58am On Aug 06, 2019
alibiguy:

I guess it feels like the whole world is having fun without you
Please do not despair. You have to learn to be comfortable in your skin. Don't be pressured. Look within to find your happiness and be diligent in your studies. You'll find out later that there's more to you than you know now. Give yourself time. All the best.
Thank you very much. I am trying, I really am!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Specialbaby(f): 10:59am On Aug 06, 2019
Tony142:

Lol, u are even lucky u are a girl and not a guy, if na guy how him won take approach babe? But already your own better because na guys go approach u and not the other way round

U know what? U are not getting any younger, it is time for u to leave your comfort zone

After, class or lecture do not be in a hurry to go home, after class just stay around the school evironment for like 35mins, and try to use that 35 to make new friends, most guys prepare to approach a lady in a less crowded environment, because of fear of rejection, so after class there will be less clowd because many people would have gone home

Also try to dress well, when u are in class and u notice u are one of the most dressed person in the class it will booast your self confidence and esteem

Also when inside the class to talk to those siting at your left and right hand side, talk to Dem, it does not matter what u say but how u say it, so u can talk anything or ask any question like, pls what the time? E.t.c

Also try and join choir in your church, good luck
Thank you very much Sir.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 06, 2019
Specialbaby:
Sure although I don't come online often... Maybe you can drop your email or whatsap number. Good morning.
N
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by SkinnyNigga: 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
Specialbaby:
i dont whatsapp for now. you can just text or give me a call.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 08, 2019
SkinnyNigga:
cool
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Meekdon: 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2019
SkinnyNigga:

grin my jiggar
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hakeem12(m): 8:04am On Aug 11, 2019
Barka de Sallah to all Muslim brothers and sisters here. May Allah accept your ibadah

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
Hakeem12:
Barka de Sallah to all Muslim brothers and sisters here. May Allah accept your ibadah
I thought you were an atheist

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
Hakeem12:
I thought you were an atheist.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hakeem12(m): 3:08pm On Aug 11, 2019
raptex:
I thought you were an atheist.
Yeah. But it's festive time, and there are Muslims on the thread I believe. This is one of the times one could enjoy religion, so much to eat and drinksmiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
cheesy[quote author=Hakeem12 post=81154374][font=serif][b][i]Yeah. But it's festive time, and there are Muslims on the thread I believe. This is one of the times one could enjoy religion, so much to eat and drinksmiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kogbe22: 10:37pm On Aug 12, 2019
Good evening all, I am an extreme introvert, currently I stay with my aunt but I can't even relate with the children we only greet good morning and that's all. I am shy talking to girls, i am shy talking in public and I don't even have one friend where I stay.

One of my greatest problem is my facial expression, i don't have a smiling face at all, but I am not ugly either girls that try to get close run away because I don't know how to force a smile on my face. I only smile when the need to arise.
Currently I am having a hard time getting job because of my lack of confidence and less talk but I am not dull.

During my service year I was posted to a school and through out that time when I go to class I panicked I get scared, i was not able to get confidence in public speaking after teaching for a year and it has affected my psycologically that I am currently having tremour.

I am confused and know what to do.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajoboss(m): 6:58am On Aug 13, 2019
kogbe22:
Good evening all, I am an extreme introvert, currently I stay with my aunt but I can't even relate with the children we only greet good morning and that's all. I am shy talking to girls, i am shy talking in public and I don't even have one friend where I stay.

One of my greatest problem is my facial expression, i don't have a smiling face at all, but I am not ugly either girls that try to get close run away because I don't know how to force a smile on my face. I only smile when the need to arise.
Currently I am having a hard time getting job because of my lack of confidence and less talk but I am not dull.

During my service year I was posted to a school and through out that time when I go to class I panicked I get scared, i was not able to get confidence in public speaking after teaching for a year and it has affected my psycologically that I am currently having tremour.

Good morning dear.....
What I always tell people is "introversion can be a blessing when modified "
You can do anything you want to ,if you want to
Just believe
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kogbe22: 8:01am On Aug 13, 2019
arcbay:
I don't know if I belong in here, not sure I'm one but I know I'm close to being one...

When I was growing up, I found out I'm happier staying all by myself than hanging out with family or friends. I grew into a shy n timid man... I live a solitary life, no friends, no social life, I have some social habits tho.... If I'm not at work, then I'm indoors, either with my dogs or on a film... I can't face a crowd, I get tongue-tied, I begin to look for ways around words... I can't look straight into people's eyes or lock a gaze for more than 5secs max. I found out I' can be a better friend over the net... I withdraw myself from people avoiding physical contact as much as possible, I re-schedule appointments, not because I'm busy, but because I feel I'm not ready to face the person at that time... So people tagged me a snub, some say I'm proud, many think I'm full of myself but I say I'M NORMAL.

To make up for my shyness and cover up for the attitude, I developed this wonderful sense of humor.... I'll give an example...
Like on a Monday morning at work, upon seeing a colleague, I will pass a funny comment about her dressing or beauty, the type of comment that leaves you blushing, so before she's had the chance to recover from the blow, I'll be out of sight and in my confines again...

I also have several other strategies I use but it has only helped a bit... I'd appreciate other means I can learn in here.

Yours is better, i cover up my shyness frowning my face, making people think am agree just to cover my shy face. I was caught by two girls back then in my final year, then I was just coming out of bathroom when she asked me a question i couldn't respond I just shylishly ran into my room, they started laughing me

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babtoundey(m): 8:55am On Aug 13, 2019
kogbe22:

I was like you. I was a chronic introvert (I am still) I hardly talk, I hardly relate or initiate conversation no matter or crucial it may be to my favor. I am simply strange an odd. But I think my situation has improved. I'm very sure it has. You already know what your weaknesses are, so you need to work on them. Work on how to improve yourself in term of relating with strangers and relatives alike. Sumoun that courage to pick up discussion with people (anybody regardless of the gender and age) at the slightest opportunity given. Being an introvert, people will not only respect you, they, most times, respect your opinion and are always ready to listen to your once in a while talk or jokes. I don't like talking in public too but when need arises and I am chosen to say something to a group of large individuals, I don't bolt.
or panic. Preparing what you will say and what your response will be to questions ahead presentation and even conversation may be of great help. Not only that, you may consider going into teaching even if it is just for few months. This will help boost your self-confidence. I never thought I could teach because I hate talking and I hate being the focus of all. But then, I had the option to teach, I picked it up. The first classes may be boring and discouraging, don't be distracted by that. Always Prepare whatever you need to teach, say or discuss when you have the need to.
Being an introvert is challenging and difficult to contend with. Nonetheless, it is never a disadvantage.

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kogbe22: 9:38pm On Aug 13, 2019
I can ask questions and answer question in a population of 500 since I know what to say,Back in sch people come to me for tutorials, I even taught in NYSC, I can talk freely with close friends and even turn to a gasbag. Occationally when I go out I talk boldly with girls when the need arises and since I knw we will never cross part again, but ladies in church or my environment I don't talk to them because my experience in school then was if I talk to a girl freely today and we meet the next day I don't how to communicate with them I just kind of snob them and pretend like we have never met b4 due to shyness. During interviews I am tongue tied and go blank sometimes and it has really affected my job hunt. I am perplex.

babtoundey:

I was like you. I was a chronic introvert (I am still) I hardly talk, I hardly relate or initiate conversation no matter or crucial it may be to my favor. I am simply strange an odd. But I think my situation has improved. I'm very sure it has. You already know what your weaknesses are, so you need to work on them. Work on how to improve yourself in term of relating with strangers and relatives alike. Sumoun that courage to pick up discussion with people (anybody regardless of the gender and age) at the slightest opportunity given. Being an introvert, people will not only respect you, they, most times, respect your opinion and are always ready to listen to your once in a while talk or jokes. I don't like talking in public too but when need arises and I am chosen to say something to a group of large individuals, I don't bolt.
or panic. Preparing what you will say and what your response will be to questions ahead presentation and even conversation may be of great help. Not only that, you may consider going into teaching even if it is just for few months. This will help boost your self-confidence. I never thought I could teach because I hate talking and I hate being the focus of all. But then, I had the option to teach, I picked it up. The first classes may be boring and discouraging, don't be distracted by that. Always Prepare whatever you need to teach, say or discuss when you have the need to.
Being an introvert is challenging and difficult to contend with. Nonetheless, it is never a disadvantage.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ultimategeneral: 9:05pm On Aug 14, 2019
JacksonMS:
it's affecting me negatively, I m getting depressed
my brother,i do like to know? do you mastubate? if yes,quite.it's one thing that leads to depression
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by decargne: 8:23pm On Aug 15, 2019

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chineduisaac(m): 8:33pm On Aug 16, 2019
decargne:
Hello house, please is it possible to transition from an introvert to an extrovert over time? I grew up extremely shy, timid and always felling awkward around people, without friends and a lone ranger. These I always cover up with a frown. But over the years I noticed a dramatic change( though I have had a level of exposure from my job and leadership role). Nevertheless, I now talk too much especially with people I am familiar or comfortable with, smile and laugh alot, no longer shy but sometimes timid. I behave more like an extrovert now except that I don't still have friends and I love being indoors. I am worried cos I don't even know my temperament any more. Any insight please

Those are great qualities of introverts; they are caring people. You earlier did not know how much fun you are missing out on basically because you lacked close friends due to the fact that you frowned when with people. Introverts behave like extroverts when they're around close buddies.
Since you still crave for the comfort of your home, you are not getting any less introvert.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by abdulazeez1002(m): 3:32pm On Aug 17, 2019
angry
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by michealdeco: 3:52pm On Aug 17, 2019
decargne:
Hello house, please is it possible to transition from an introvert to an extrovert over time? I grew up extremely shy, timid and always felling awkward around people, without friends and a lone ranger. These I always cover up with a frown. But over the years I noticed a dramatic change( though I have had a level of exposure from my job and leadership role). Nevertheless, I now talk too much especially with people I am familiar or comfortable with, smile and laugh alot, no longer shy but sometimes timid. I behave more like an extrovert now except that I don't still have friends and I love being indoors. I am worried cos I don't even know my temperament any more. Any insight please
you're still an introvert

I do same too
For example talking with my sister,(she's extrovert trying hard to turn introvert) I'll be talking Soo freely and lively but whenever any of her friend joins I keep quiet immediately and leave the area

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by michealdeco: 3:53pm On Aug 17, 2019
I finally found HOME cheesy cheesy

See my fellow introverts

Una weldone ooo

My own introversion is critical but I still like it like that though it affects me ( for example I sell gadgets at school, though j have great marketing skills but my introvert nature never allows me to market them to fellow students

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by babtoundey(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2019
michealdeco:
I finally found HOME cheesy cheesy

See my fellow introverts

Una weldone ooo

My own introversion is critical but I still like it like that though it affects me ( for example I sell gadgets at school, though j have great marketing skills but my introvert nature never allows me to market them to fellow students

This reminds me of an experience when I was in school (100 level to be precise). Some of us were given some ticket to generate funds from members of the public to finance an upcoming event at the department. I that found it difficult asking for money or anything from even my dad and uncle, how would you expect me to approach a total stranger to beg for financial assistance of whatever sort. I'm sure that ticket, if not removed, will still be in RM C36, right inside my locker.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by michealdeco: 5:54pm On Aug 17, 2019
babtoundey:

This reminds me of an experience when I was in school (100 level to be precise). Some of us were given some ticket to generate funds from members of the public to finance an upcoming event at the department. I that found it difficult asking for money or anything from even my dad and uncle, how would you expect me to approach a total stranger to beg for financial assistance of whatever sort. I'm sure that ticket, if not removed, will still be in RM C36, right inside my locker.
grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by tech18: 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2019
My own case I dont know where to even start...

PLease what are the best remedies to SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by scave(m): 7:25pm On Aug 19, 2019
tech18:
My own case I dont know where to even start...

PLease what are the best remedies to SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER?

SELF BELIEVE

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.