Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637928 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Epositive(m): 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2020
okikiosibodu:

I think you being in 300l should have given you enough time to handpick your clique. During my days, I used to sit in front (was war before I could achieve that though. Trick is, coming to class early before many people), and the front sir usually doesn't command the lecturers attention as backbenchers think. Over time, I built confidence, and then would ask questions when no clear about something, right there in class (cos I had many "mumu" course mates that won't understand what the lecturer taught, they have no plans of making researches afterwards, and will never admit they don't know it. So I don't wait til exam time), plus I learn better by asking questions cos the lecturer tries to use relatable phenomena to explain, and it sticks better. Don't be ashamed to ask questions, cos you will be surprised how many people are in the class that has absolutely no clue what the lecturer is talking about, they will never seek clarity until exam time, and yet these same set of people will be giving you negative vibes when you are asking intelligent questions. I got respected in class the day I asked a question and people where giving their bad vibes. The lecturer then started asking everyone one after the other to give the ans. To my perplexity, not a single person among the block heads mubbling, could ans. Lecturer warned them sternly never to mumble or grumble when next I ask questions and they don't know the ans. Truth is, the intelligent ones will never give you bad energy, so don't be disturbed.
Overtime, your confidence should grow. I want to believe to defend a group work, you most likely will sit in groups or larger chunch of people being in your group. Try to imagine you are talking to them during the group presentation. If you goof (its not always a bad thing), they will laugh at you and you won't feel bad cos they are in your clique. You can even end up adding humour to the presentation "accidentally" while you try to correct your goof. Don't overthink it, don't overdo it, just let it flow naturally. Practice, makes perfect. You will get an hang of it, trust me.
Lets see what others have to say

I will keep this in mind. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Epositive(m): 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
TeeBabss:

I used to have this problem too, check this out;

1- Strong determination - I've always had this dream to go into academics. How would I become a lecturer with such attitude, how would I present, defend my assertions, address protesting students etc, I said to myself 'Oh Man, You Need To Be Strong'
Then I would raise my hand in class to answer question, did a little politics (I was our class honourable/SRC), led my group pre&post data presentation and final defense and now I'm teaching as a Corper.

2- Preparedness - Just like the Scout motto 'Be Prepared'. Before raising your hand, talking to them or going up that stage, you need to be really prepared and confident of what you'll say and likely questions that could be asked. Sometimes you can jot down the main point and practise very well before you go up, but pls don't cram.

...during our professional induction, the anchor just came to me and said "give me your name, when prof is done talking, I'll call you to come and do the vote of thanks.....
If I haven't gotten off the 'stage shii' I would've disgraced my ancestors that day, lol

I'm grateful bro. This year is my year. I must get off this stage fright ish cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
Any of you heard of spiritual awakening. like awakening in to higher consciousness?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AquariusRising: 3:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
R2bees:
Any of you heard of spiritual awakening. like awakening in to higher consciousness?

Yeah! I have heard about it...I'm also making loose assumptions that what you are talking about is what I think you are talking about....
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
AquariusRising:

Yeah! I have heard about it...I'm also making loose assumptions that what you are talking about is what I think you are talking about....
One mystery about this is that you will never understand until it happens to you. The crazy part is that the more i try to explain to the people the more I'm called delusional.. As in i just woke up one day and everything felt different... This shiit is real.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
R2bees:
One mystery about this is that you will never understand until it happens to you. The crazy part is that the more i try to explain to the people the more I'm called delusional.. As in i just woke up one day and everything felt different... This shiit is real.

What felt different exactly? From being introvert to Extrovert?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
R2bees:

I have heard of Spiritual Awakening. What really happened in your case? share with us.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 10, 2020
Route99:

I have heard of Spiritual Awakening. What really happened in your case? share with us.
I don't know how to put this... I'm still at the first stage, i hope to drop everything here once i grasp all that's going on.. But here are the things that's changed in me.

I have become more compassionate

Fake people most especially Narcissist make me sick in the stomach.
I can now see through people's weakness
I subconsciously predict stuffs and it comes to past.
I tend to lose focus a lot( which i have started working on with meditation).

People and animals are drawn to me, a dog can never bark at me.

If i need something, all i have to do is to think about it and it will come to past.

I have trimmed down the number of friends i had.. Right it's just family and two close friends out of over 2 thousand friends i made in high school.

People always want to help me all the time and it's creepy especially coming from those u least expect...

See guys, there is a lot going on in this world that we don't know about, this might sound stupid, but like i said u will never understand until it happen to you.... I learned it's not something u will experience over night, u will have undergo a lot of suffering and stress for u to see these. I read somewhere that near death experiences can lead to this..

I created this thread as far back May, and i had my first awakening experience by july...I had a weird dream and quickly created this thread hoping i would get an answer, knowing Nigerians na, they all called it a bluff, Aside one guy "Billyonaire" who as at that time wasn't making sense to me until now.. This is crazy
https://www.nairaland.com/5206637/feel-strange-seems-universe-preparing
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AquariusRising: 5:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
R2bees:

I do not think you are delusional and I think this discussion is not for everyone's consumption. You have to pick and choose who you discuss this with, otherwise you will keep being called delusional.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
AquariusRising:

I do not think you are delusional and I think this discussion is not for everyone's consumption. You have to pick and choose who you discuss this with, otherwise you will keep being called delusional.
Exactly bro... I even fell out with a couple friends due to this...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AquariusRising: 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
R2bees:
Exactly bro... I even fell out with a couple friends due to this...

Well, stop falling out with your friends. They are your friends and total agreement in everything is not a requisite for friendship. Allow them be who they are while you retain the essence of you.

If you are a true introvert, you know what to do. Turn your attention inwards and conserve your energy.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
AquariusRising:

Well, stop falling out with your friends. They are your friends and total agreement in everything is not a requisite for friendship. Allow them be who they are while you retain the essence of you.

If you are a true introvert, you know what to do. Turn your attention inwards and conserve your energy.
Trust me, i wasn't the one at fault... When one experience these things it is easier for them detect subtle jealousy brewing in their faces, especially when they witness everything falling in place for me. They see every contribution from me as an avenue to counter or to make you seem dumb... I just detach and only discuss with like minds.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 10, 2020
R2bees:
I don't know how to put this... I'm still at the first stage, i hope to drop everything here once i grasp all that's going on.. But here are the things that's changed in me.

If i need something, all i have to do is to think about it and it will come to past.

I have trimmed down the number of friends i had.. Right it's just family and two close friends out of over 2 thousand friends i made in high school.

People always want to help me all the time and it's creepy especially coming from those u least expect...

See guys, there is a lot going on in this world that we don't know about, this might sound stupid, but like i said u will never understand until it happen to you.... I learned it's not something u will experience over night, u will have undergo a lot of suffering and stress for u to see these. I read somewhere that near death experiences can lead to this..

I created this thread as far back May, and i had my first awakening experience by july...I had a weird dream and quickly created this thread hoping i would get an answer, knowing Nigerians na, they all called it a bluff, Aside one guy "Billyonaire" who as at that time wasn't making sense to me until now.. This is crazy

I like the fact that you are willing to explore. A lot changes when you become very emotional, which is caused by painful situations. You tend to become extra sensitive and have more dreams than usual.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
AquariusRising:

This is very correct. I advise you to check out foreign Forums for more knowledge on what you are going through.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by callmemercy(f): 10:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Will bear it in mind. Thanks for your generous assistance. It is accepted in good arms

You are welcome

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
R2bees:
Do you know what telepathy is?
If yes, is it like it?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 10:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
Tundexi:

What felt different exactly? From being introvert to Extrovert?
I think what OP is talking about, is quite terrestrial, not psychological
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
R2bees:

I think ure experiencing mindfulness... Ur separate and dispersed chi concentrating it's force to ur present existence.. Thereby multiplying ur evry efforts by a 1000% ... Enjoy while it last cos it doesn't last too long
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AquariusRising: 11:59pm On Jan 10, 2020
R2bees:
Trust me, i wasn't the one at fault... When one experience these things it is easier for them detect subtle jealousy brewing in their faces, especially when they witness everything falling in place for me. They see every contribution from me as an avenue to counter or to make you seem dumb... I just detach and only discuss with like minds.

People with these reactions and attitudes you have described are not your friends...my opinion though and I might be wrong...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Kintomadit(m): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
DivineGrace123:

Your siblings? That is serious. That is definitely not a trait of an introvert.
I’m serious I don’t even know what to do.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Kintomadit(m): 6:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
JacksonMS:
me too. Even the whole family. I get sick when my family members wants to take me out.

Everyone thinks I’m okay but deep down I know I’m not okay at all
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by johnhood(m): 5:44pm On Jan 13, 2020
My own problem is talking to women.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by johnhood(m): 5:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
Another problem is I always feel different any where I am even with family I completely different.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mrsteel: 8:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
johnhood:
My own problem is talking to women.
Lol
How old are u?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by johnhood(m): 8:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
mrsteel:

Lol
How old are u?
21yrs
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by shaboti: 8:30pm On Jan 13, 2020
I'm an introvert too, but I also have severe Social anxiety disorder. sad

What kind of help should I seek out? Psychologist or psychotherapist? Or are they the same..

Also can someone suggest where I could get this sort of help in Lagos, preferably on the island.

Help.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mrsteel: 8:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
johnhood:

21yrs
U are still young, so your case is normal as regards talking to women. But u need to start working on it. First are u are student?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by johnhood(m): 11:16pm On Jan 13, 2020
mrsteel:

U are still young, so your case is normal as regards talking to women. But u need to start working on it. First are u are student?

No. I have to leave school when end was not meeting.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by daniddan1999: 5:33pm On Jan 14, 2020
I just moved into the hostel off campus as a fresher and i don't associate with other students living here in fact i love being alone seems some people are complaining already i don't come out, i don't move with crowd and i don't know what to do now.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2020
daniddan1999:
I just moved into the hostel off campus as a fresher and i don't associate with other students living here in fact i love being alone seems some people are complaining already i don't come out, i don't move with crowd and i don't know what to do now.
Better start coming out and interact with people, or you may most likely going to live a boring life in school
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mrsteel: 7:28am On Jan 15, 2020
daniddan1999:
Be careful who u associate with so u don't end up with bad friends.
I will advice u continue like this, just ensure u say good morning or greet everyone within the compound when ever u pass them. Just mind your business & u won't have problem with anyone.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: Kobojunkie and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.