Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637920 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by TeeBabss(m): 11:48am On Jan 15, 2020
shaboti:
I'm an introvert too, but I also have severe Social anxiety disorder. sad

What kind of help should I seek out? Psychologist or psychotherapist? Or are they the same..

Also can someone suggest where I could get this sort of help in Lagos, preferably on the island.

Help.

Well, I don't think you really need to see anybody, depending on how strong you are.

You only need to build your self esteem, dress well and appropriate for every occasion, rehearsing/knowing what to say in particular situation, you might need to go out often with friends and family (people u can say anything or act anyhow to) etc

These stuffs only happen when we're scared of fuckin up or looking/sounding awkward. So
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by TeeBabss(m): 11:51am On Jan 15, 2020
mrsteel:

Be careful who u associate with so u don't end up with bad friends.
I will advice u continue like this, just ensure u say good morning or greet everyone within the compound when ever u pass them. Just mind your business & u won't have problem with anyone.

This is just sooo me, in my apartments here and d respect wey dem dey gimme ehn..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by daniddan1999: 3:21pm On Jan 15, 2020
mrsteel:

Be careful who u associate with so u don't end up with bad friends.
I will advice u continue like this, just ensure u say good morning or greet everyone within the compound when ever u pass them. Just mind your business & u won't have problem with anyone.
thanks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by blechero54(m): 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
The fact remains that we are unique people..... talk less and do more...... and a part of us observe more and we tend to listen more and when we do we wanna give the most fair respond that would not hurt the feelings of the person we are talking to...... we think things over and over to get the right and possibles outcomes before we embark on it...... sometimes is weird having to have so many thoughts going through your head....... we might not be liked by many but the few who like us do it genuinely.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by oyetpel(m): 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2020
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by JentuPrinz(m): 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2020
As a child i suppose i was not quite normal.My happiest times were when i was left alone in the house on a saturday.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by scave(m): 11:47am On Jan 16, 2020
Learn web development and be employed when you finish the course. To participate, apply through this link and use coupon code CALE1501 when filling the form http://www.codewit.co/apply

You don't need previous knowledge to succeed just have the desire
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 9:30am On Jan 17, 2020
babtoundey:

In your thoughts..
lol

Yeah best celebration ever cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 9:35am On Jan 17, 2020
JacksonMS:
there is nothing to be Happy for as an introvert

There is a lot to be my dear
Stop locking yourself in the box introverts has the best creative minds
Stop taking pity on yourself instead work on yourself smiley

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by NkShallom(f): 8:15pm On Jan 18, 2020
Being an introvert is cool, am proud to be one.
It helped me discover myself, I know I can do exploits on what ever I put my mind and strength into, I have close extrovert friends I roll with, when I have the strength I talk with them, but more often I prefer staying on my own. I'm mostly quite, even if I have alot to say in a conversation I would prefer keeping it to myself, and if I might talk, I would say few words instead of all I wanted to say.
the only challenge I think I have is being kinda lazy and procrastinating alot, but am working on that.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hakeem12(m): 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2020
NkShallom:
Being an introvert is cool, am proud to be one.
It helped me discover myself, I know I can do exploits on what ever I put my mind and strength into, I have close extrovert friends I roll with, when I have the strength I talk with them, but more often I prefer staying on my own. I'm mostly quite, even if I have alot to say in a conversation I would prefer keeping it to myself, and if I might talk, I would say few words instead of all I wanted to say.
the only challenge I think I have is being kinda lazy and procrastinating alot, but am working on that.
This is relatable. Sometimes when i'm alone, I procrastinate until the final hour, but when I'm around people, I could go for hours on a task. Just being around them, not necessarily talking to them.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Beeron: 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2020
Introvert lives up in their head, i know this because i am one but what i can't understand is; what's the essence of this thread because, introverts are not too open to socialization out in the public.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by funkyjms: 5:57am On Jan 21, 2020
Beeron:
Introvert lives up in their head, i know this because i am one but what i can't understand is; what's the essence of this thread because, introverts are not too open to socialization out in the public.

Reallyyyyy? Even on a faceless forum??
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Beeron: 6:44am On Jan 21, 2020
funkyjms:

Reallyyyyy? Even on a faceless forum??
Doesn't make any difference, it's either the thread serves as a note to pen down whatever is going on up in their head or looking to find like minds which eventually will result to them meeting in real life but probably won't keep up the outdoor activities because again(we introverts) except for maybe two love birds finds themselves here.

I guess i just answered my initial question as to why the thread was created.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 21, 2020
Help me!

Hello nairalanders,call me rizzla for privacy's sake. I am a Nigerian male,20 years of age, intelligent, beautifu-minded and I'm dying! I've always been the weird kid,the black sheep,the different one,I've always not know how to talk to people,how to socialize,how to make friends ever since I was younger I have always unconsciously isolated myself I don't know why but I always did.

When I got quite older I started cutting people of my life, people I love, people that loved me... everyone,with every passing day I was more alone than the last day. The final straw that broke the camel's back was the time I was given admission to study Mechanical engineering in a Nigerian University. I finished my clearance and school resumed,only that I didn't resume with it,I had no friends,and no way to make one,I always felt awkward...weird!

One my first day attending lectures,I got to the hall and the number of people who I saw left me stunned,it was as if every single person in the hall was connected to my energy and kept sapping it away,with every passing moment I felt weak. WEAK!!! I convinced myself it was atress and all that stuffs but with every visit to the halls,every visit to my course advisers office,every visit outside of my lodge I felt my energy level drop,I felt weak,useless,worse than dead! Sometimes I wouldn't step outside my lodge for weeks upon weeks because I was afraid,ashamed, humiliated, embarrassed by what I don't know!!! It was so bad that even merely thinking of "people" would trigger my panic attacks.

This kept happening until after the first semester exams which I did very very badly! Second semester came and I couldn't even register a single course,every single day,I would curl up in my bed and feel the life force get drawn out of me,every single day I would curl up in pains wondering why God that so much loves the world would see it befitting to create on of his precious humans like this...to be so afraid of commitment,so afraid of other humans! And the funny part was that nobody knows what I really felt,I always plastered a smile across my face every single time I was around someone (mostly because I hate sharing my problems and because I really value company)
Without necessarily saying, y'all should know second semester bleeped me up!!
I started this year with a resolution,that I would put an end to the Bleep ups of last year. But the moment I got back to school,the depression resumed!! Pains,anger, sadness,more pains, anxiety,more anxiety,pains,more sadness... Yesterday,I tried going to a class,I got outside the class and the bare noise I observed from where I was stunned me,I couldn't go on,so I sat under a tree and blasted some music,I just couldn't literally move!!!!
My family put a lot of hope and trust in me,but then they do not see their son for the broken young man that he is,they do not see the tears behind the smile,they do not see the pains in every word... I'm dying!! I need help!! This is a distress call!!!!!!!!!!

SOCIAL ANXIETY!!!
DEPRESSION!!!
PANIC DISORDER!!!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
psyrizzla:
Help me!

Hello nairalanders,call me rizzla for privacy's sake. I am a Nigerian male,20 years of age, intelligent, beautifu-minded and I'm dying! I've always been the weird kid,the black sheep,the different one,I've always not know how to talk to people,how to socialize,how to make friends ever since I was younger I have always unconsciously isolated myself I don't know why but I always did.

When I got quite older I started cutting people of my life, people I love, people that loved me... everyone,with every passing day I was more alone than the last day. The final straw that broke the camel's back was the time I was given admission to study Mechanical engineering in a Nigerian University. I finished my clearance and school resumed,only that I didn't resume with it,I had no friends,and no way to make one,I always felt awkward...weird!

One my first day attending lectures,I got to the hall and the number of people who I saw left me stunned,it was as if every single person in the hall was connected to my energy and kept sapping it away,with every passing moment I felt weak. WEAK!!! I convinced myself it was atress and all that stuffs but with every visit to the halls,every visit to my course advisers office,every visit outside of my lodge I felt my energy level drop,I felt weak,useless,worse than dead! Sometimes I wouldn't step outside my lodge for weeks upon weeks because I was afraid,ashamed, humiliated, embarrassed by what I don't know!!! It was so bad that even merely thinking of "people" would trigger my panic attacks.

This kept happening until after the first semester exams which I did very very badly! Second semester came and I couldn't even register a single course,every single day,I would curl up in my bed and feel the life force get drawn out of me,every single day I would curl up in pains wondering why God that so much loves the world would see it befitting to create on of his precious humans like this...to be so afraid of commitment,so afraid of other humans! And the funny part was that nobody knows what I really felt,I always plastered a smile across my face every single time I was around someone (mostly because I hate sharing my problems and because I really value company)
I started this year with a resolution,that I would put an end to the Bleep ups of last year. But the moment I got back to school,the depression resumed!! Pains,anger, sadness,more pains, anxiety,more anxiety,pains,more sadness... Yesterday,I tried going to a class,I got outside the class and the bare noise I observed from where I was stunned me,I couldn't go on,so I sat under a tree and blasted some music,I just couldn't literally move!!!!
My family put a lot of hope and trust in me,but then they do not see their son for the broken young man that he is,they do not see the tears behind the smile,they do not see the pains in every word... I'm dying!! I need help!! This is a distress call!!!!!!!!!!

SOCIAL ANXIETY!!!
DEPRESSION!!!
PANIC DISORDER!!!

Damn!!!

Have you try to consult a psychologist in hospital?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Vibesking(m): 5:27pm On Jan 21, 2020
Drop your WhatsApp contact.
I'll hit you up.

psyrizzla:
Help me!

SOCIAL ANXIETY!!!
DEPRESSION!!!
PANIC DISORDER!!!

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xzbit91: 10:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
psyrizzla:
Help me!

SOCIAL ANXIETY!!!
DEPRESSION!!!
PANIC DISORDER!!!

Yours is a severe case of social anxiety. As much as we would like to help, we can't. You have to let your parents know right now so you can get professional help.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
Tundexi:

Damn!!!

Have you try to consult a psychologist in hospital?

I've tried looking for therapists in my area of residence through the internet but I haven't really been to a hospital.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 21, 2020
Xzbit91:

Yours is a severe case of social anxiety. As much as we would like to help, we can't. You have to let your parents know right now so you can get professional help.

ahh,they will just disown me one time �,I'm trying to seek professional help tho
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 21, 2020
Vibesking:
Drop your WhatsApp contact. I'll hit you up.
check your email
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xzbit91: 10:56pm On Jan 21, 2020
psyrizzla:

ahh,they will just disown me one time �,I'm trying to seek professional help tho

Why will they disown you? Because you have a few challenges?

If you're not doing well at school they deserve to know why and how they can help you. No parent will want to see their child fail, not if they can help it. So do away with those fears and confront them with your problem.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
Xzbit91:

Why will they disown you? Because you have a few challenges?

If you're not doing well at school they deserve to know why and how they can help you. No parent will want to see their child fail, not if they can help it. So do away with those fears and confront them with your problem.

Thanks alot!

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by massalati(m): 3:54am On Jan 22, 2020
my own case is even worst when i have the time to type i will explain but i really need help
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by xrayj(m): 9:47am On Jan 22, 2020
psyrizzla:
Help me!

Do u stay alone?
Are u living in a hostel?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 22, 2020
xrayj:
Do u stay alone? Are u living in a hostel?
no,I have a roommate and I live in a lodge
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by xrayj(m): 11:18am On Jan 22, 2020
psyrizzla:

no,I have a roommate and I live in a lodge
How come u are able to leave with a room mate with all u have stated above? Does your room mate know this about u?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 22, 2020
xrayj:

How come u are able to leave with a room mate with all u have stated above? Does your room mate know this about u?

Lets just say I'm very skilled at smiling when the need be!!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by xrayj(m): 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2020
psyrizzla:

Lets just say I'm very skilled at smiling when the need be!!
U need to discuss with ur room mate
Let him know about it
U are punishing yourself for nothing
U fear what is not there
U need someone to instill some level of boldness & confidence in u. What is killing u is fear & nothing more. Once u are able to defeat that fear, life will become enjoyable. Are u are Christian or Muslim?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by xrayj(m): 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2020
massalati:
my own case is even worst when i have the time to type i will explain but i really need help
Pls share it & how old are u?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 22, 2020
xrayj:

U need to discuss with ur room mate
Let him know about it
U are punishing yourself for nothing
U fear what is not there
U need someone to instill some level of boldness & confidence in u. What is killing u is fear & nothing more. Once u are able to defeat that fear, life will become enjoyable. Are u are Christian or Muslim?

my roommate is not really the kind of person I'd talk to,best case scenario he would sympathize with me which is not really what I need and worst case scenario he would laugh at my "over exagerrated" problem which is so not what I need.

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: Kobojunkie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.