Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637811 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chineduisaac(m): 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2020
psyrizzla:
Help me!

Hello nairalanders,call me rizzla for privacy's sake. I am a Nigerian male,20 years of age, intelligent, beautifu-minded and I'm dying! I've always been the weird kid,the black sheep,the different one,I've always not know how to talk to people,how to socialize,how to make friends ever since I was younger I have always unconsciously isolated myself I don't know why but I always did.

When I got quite older I started cutting people of my life, people I love, people that loved me... everyone,with every passing day I was more alone than the last day. The final straw that broke the camel's back was the time I was given admission to study Mechanical engineering in a Nigerian University. I finished my clearance and school resumed,only that I didn't resume with it,I had no friends,and no way to make one,I always felt awkward...weird!

One my first day attending lectures,I got to the hall and the number of people who I saw left me stunned,it was as if every single person in the hall was connected to my energy and kept sapping it away,with every passing moment I felt weak. WEAK!!! I convinced myself it was atress and all that stuffs but with every visit to the halls,every visit to my course advisers office,every visit outside of my lodge I felt my energy level drop,I felt weak,useless,worse than dead! Sometimes I wouldn't step outside my lodge for weeks upon weeks because I was afraid,ashamed, humiliated, embarrassed by what I don't know!!! It was so bad that even merely thinking of "people" would trigger my panic attacks.

This kept happening until after the first semester exams which I did very very badly! Second semester came and I couldn't even register a single course,every single day,I would curl up in my bed and feel the life force get drawn out of me,every single day I would curl up in pains wondering why God that so much loves the world would see it befitting to create on of his precious humans like this...to be so afraid of commitment,so afraid of other humans! And the funny part was that nobody knows what I really felt,I always plastered a smile across my face every single time I was around someone (mostly because I hate sharing my problems and because I really value company)
Without necessarily saying, y'all should know second semester bleeped me up!!
I started this year with a resolution,that I would put an end to the Bleep ups of last year. But the moment I got back to school,the depression resumed!! Pains,anger, sadness,more pains, anxiety,more anxiety,pains,more sadness... Yesterday,I tried going to a class,I got outside the class and the bare noise I observed from where I was stunned me,I couldn't go on,so I sat under a tree and blasted some music,I just couldn't literally move!!!!
My family put a lot of hope and trust in me,but then they do not see their son for the broken young man that he is,they do not see the tears behind the smile,they do not see the pains in every word... I'm dying!! I need help!! This is a distress call!!!!!!!!!!

SOCIAL ANXIETY!!!
DEPRESSION!!!
PANIC DISORDER!!!

I'm just about your age and I can tell you that their are some days I feel this way. I think one of the solution to your issue is to have a close friend or friends in school (not necessarily your rommie) that you can relate with. For instance if you have this friends, when you enter the class instead of you standing their looking awkward, just locate that your friend and gist. At first you might not have stories to talk about but when you grow in friendship, it becomes easier. Do not force yourself on anyone, meet a friendly person in your class.
2. Avoid masturbation. This evil act tends to make you feel inferior and can also give you depression for the rest of the day
3. Please always dress up very well. It tends to boost one's confidence.
4. Try to walk straight like a man and act friendly to whoever that wants to talk with you.
5. Say hello or shake your course mates or acquittances.
6. Read more or watch good movies to increase your ability to talk intelligently.
7. Since you are a christian, be a worker in church (I'm an usher in my campus fellowship).
Most importantly try to pray deeply to God every day, the holy Spirit tends to bring strength in our weaknesses.

7 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 22, 2020
chineduisaac:

I'm just about your age and I can tell you that their are some days I feel this way. I think one of the solution to your issue is to have a close friend or friends in school (not necessarily your rommie) that you can relate with. For instance if you have this friends, when you enter the class instead of you standing their looking awkward, just locate that your friend and gist. At first you might not have stories to talk about but when you grow in friendship, it becomes easier. Do not force yourself on anyone, meet a friendly person in your class.
2. Avoid masturbation. This evil act tends to make you feel inferior and can also give you depression for the rest of the day
3. Please always dress up very well. It tends to boost one's confidence.
4. Try to walk straight like a man and act friendly to whoever that wants to talk with you.
5. Say hello or shake your course mates or acquittances.
6. Read more or watch good movies to increase your ability to talk intelligently.
7. Since you are a christian, be a worker in church (I'm an usher in my campus fellowship).
Most importantly try to pray deeply to God every day, the holy Spirit tends to bring strength in our weaknesses.

thanks for the advice,but then again I stated that the mere thought of people gives me shivers...if I can't stand people I can't make friends and that is a huge fail.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by massalati(m): 12:09am On Jan 23, 2020
xrayj:

Pls share it & how old are u?

i am 24. the more i talk abt it the more i hate life....i really hate my life i have been thinking about suicide lately am tired please

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajoboss(m): 7:09am On Jan 23, 2020
massalati:

i am 24. the more i talk abt it the more i hate life....i really hate my life i have been thinking about suicide lately am tired please
suicide is not the way out...
The other side you want to go,do you know how it is there?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by massalati(m): 8:37am On Jan 23, 2020
Ajoboss:
suicide is not the way out... The other side you want to go,do you know how it is there?

thanks for your kind response

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajoboss(m): 9:07am On Jan 23, 2020
massalati:

thanks for your kind response
any time bro..
We all have our issues(me inclusive)
Buh what's the way out?
I think its time we start facing each and everyone of them

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by fairheart(m): 1:43pm On Jan 23, 2020
Introvert are usually intellectuals. The more they are able to spend time alone thinking, observing and reading, the broader they grow.
Based on facts, most of our scientists, inventors and some very exceptional medical experts with record of breakthroughs are introverts. However, they have moments they mix with the "flow" and be sociable. But their greatest strength is honed in solitude. And I will say the same for myself.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 23, 2020
fairheart:
Introvert are usually intellectuals. The more they are able to spend time alone thinking, observing and reading, the broader they grow.
Based on facts, most of our scientists, inventors and some very exceptional medical experts with record of breakthroughs are introverts. However, they have moments they mix with the "flow" and be sociable. But their greatest strength is honed in solitude. And I will say the same for myself.

Lol.. Bravo!

Conclusion upon Conclusions

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by topher052: 4:02pm On Jan 23, 2020
Introverts are creative and bask in impressive inventions. Check out the who is who is science and peruse their information, it will shock you to know that they're mostly introverts.

Contact me for a soft copy of SEXUAL HEALING.

This is one book that will improve your sex life and help build your relationship. It has insight and with the great deal of research giving to it... You just can't but grab a copy.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kushercain: 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2020
psyrizzla:

thanks for the advice,but then again I stated that the mere thought of people gives me shivers...if I can't stand people I can't make friends and that is a huge fail.

This is serious. Do you kush or get high?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:25am On Jan 24, 2020
Post deleted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Tony142: 8:50pm On Jan 24, 2020
massalati:

. Drop your WhatsApp number let talk
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Tony142: 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2020
@iLegendd boss pls write a psychological book on how an introvert can come out of his shell and become and extrovert or at least an ambivert

Majority of people in this thread really need help embarassed
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iLegendd(m): 9:11pm On Jan 24, 2020
Tony142:
@iLegendd boss pls write a psychological book on how an introvert can come out of his shell and become and extrovert or at least an ambivert

Majority of people in this thread really need help embarassed

Hmm.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Tony142: 9:30pm On Jan 24, 2020
iLegendd:

Hmm.
. cry
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by massalati(m): 7:25am On Jan 25, 2020
Tony142:

sorry please i dont have a smart phone for nw (i'm not on whatsapp) can we do it on fb?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by massalati(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2020
Tony142:
please drop your number so as to give u a call thanks boss
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Tony142: 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2020
massalati:

sorry please i dont have a smart phone for nw (i'm not on whatsapp) can we do it on fb?

yes boss, send your Facebook username to my email

Omoanthony98@gmail.com
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Professorcplus(m): 5:09pm On Jan 25, 2020
For anyone out there feeling alone, the fact is that you are not alone in this. People always wonder a times what it feels like to be introvert. Sometime, you feel you are lost or probably you think you are not normal. You might even feel intimidated by your peers. But always remember this "you are the original version of yourself". Yes! you need family, friends, mate but they don't define who you are.

You have all it takes because you got YOU. No one can know you better that yourself. You have got potentials in YOU and the only way you can find out more is spending time alone which is why introvert are mostly intelligent. If you find yourself being an introvert do not bother to be like everyone because you’re good being you.

Below are good qualities of an introvert.

https://www.nairaland.com/5615293/10-reasons-why-intelligent-people
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by massalati(m): 10:26am On Jan 26, 2020
Tony142:

Omoanthony98@gmail.com
DONE BOSS
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by massalati(m): 10:27am On Jan 26, 2020
Tony142:

Omoanthony98@gmail.com
DONE BOSS
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Helicobacter: 3:59pm On Jan 26, 2020
Tony142:

Omoanthony98@gmail.com
Are you a psychologist?
I also need to speak with one
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposy(m): 5:33pm On Jan 26, 2020
R2bees:
I don't know how to put this... I'm still at the first stage, i hope to drop everything here once i grasp all that's going on.. But here are the things that's changed in me.

I have become more compassionate

Fake people most especially Narcissist make me sick in the stomach.
I can now see through people's weakness
I subconsciously predict stuffs and it comes to past.
I tend to lose focus a lot( which i have started working on with meditation).

People and animals are drawn to me, a dog can never bark at me.

If i need something, all i have to do is to think about it and it will come to past.

I have trimmed down the number of friends i had.. Right it's just family and two close friends out of over 2 thousand friends i made in high school.

People always want to help me all the time and it's creepy especially coming from those u least expect...

See guys, there is a lot going on in this world that we don't know about, this might sound stupid, but like i said u will never understand until it happen to you.... I learned it's not something u will experience over night, u will have undergo a lot of suffering and stress for u to see these. I read somewhere that near death experiences can lead to this..

I created this thread as far back May, and i had my first awakening experience by july...I had a weird dream and quickly created this thread hoping i would get an answer, knowing Nigerians na, they all called it a bluff, Aside one guy "Billyonaire" who as at that time wasn't making sense to me until now.. This is crazy
https://www.nairaland.com/5206637/feel-strange-seems-universe-preparing

OMG!
This is scary and intriguing
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DADDY2or3FISHES: 12:51pm On Jan 29, 2020
massalati:

Nigeria is already over populated.
We will appreciate your sacrifice

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Apus: 1:08pm On Jan 29, 2020
DADDY2or3FISHES:

Get lost bad energy! We do not need your type here. Nigeria's recorded mortality rate this month alone already stands at 213,000 plus. Which is quite on the high side. Encouraging suicide is not even a population control method. An illiterate like you wouldn't even know.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hakeem12(m): 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2020
DADDY2or3FISHES:
This is a very dumb thing to say. Are you allergic to thinking or something?

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by maeola(f): 6:01pm On Jan 29, 2020
DADDY2or3FISHES:
Are you human at all? You are cold!

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Mummymahdi(f): 9:36am On Feb 01, 2020
Professorcplus:
For anyone out there feeling alone, the fact is that you are not alone in this. People always wonder a times what it feels like to be introvert. Sometime, you feel you are lost or probably you think you are not normal. You might even feel intimidated by your peers. But always remember this "you are the original version of yourself". Yes! you need family, friends, mate but they don't define who you are.

You have all it takes because you got YOU. No one can know you better that yourself. You have got potentials in YOU and the only way you can find out more is spending time alone which is why introvert are mostly intelligent. If you find yourself being an introvert do not bother to be like everyone because you’re good being you.

Below are good qualities of an introvert.

https://www.nairaland.com/5615293/10-reasons-why-intelligent-people

Very correct. That's y I have never feel I need someone s to b alive I feel that I can do it alone and happy never feel I need help to b more friendly or need crowd to celebrate me. No am a loner

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Maccoy507: 1:03am On Feb 02, 2020
plz i need help asap i constantly hv panic attacks each time am in public and i have just been appointed for a public post that i couldnt turn down. what can i do

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Onyiiet(m): 6:55am On Feb 03, 2020
Maccoy507:
plz i need help asap i constantly hv panic attacks each time am in public and i have just been appointed for a public post that i couldnt turn down. what can i do
Talk to any of these people, they have helped with issues like this.

1.Marriage Matters International - https://www.marriagematters.com.ng/
2. Temple's Counsel -https://templeobike.com
3. Psych NG - http://www.psychng.com/appointment-schedule
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by CalabarDude(m): 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2020
proud introvert

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.