Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637922 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hakeem12(m): 10:26pm On Mar 01, 2020
Frankenstein:
Who has read this book?
'Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain'

like a million times

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Caramelskin(f): 11:14am On Mar 02, 2020
Space booked
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by CapedBaldy: 4:43pm On Mar 02, 2020
Frankenstein:
By the way, we should not confuse introversion with social awkwardness. You should never be comfortable or resigned to your social anxiety. You can completely overcome it while still being an introvert.
please give me tips on this. I'm in school now and I need this. I don't want to feel awkward all the time

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by scave(m): 6:43pm On Mar 02, 2020
CapedBaldy:
please give me tips on this. I'm in school now and I need this. I don't want to feel awkward all the time

find a group of people u want to b free with ,it is your decision,if i go to a place where people socialize i quickly make decision and start talking before i think too deep and become quiet,and it has helped me.i was in a group with few people i knew we were going to work together for a while ,i decided to start flowing with them immediately i joined because i knew we have long way to go,but there was this other guy that kept mute b4 u knw it at our second gathering people started complaining about him,and i already sense his introvertion, currently some people in the group are making plans to accommodate them selves and they side line him,saying that he is immature i was kind of trying to defend him so that they can link up with him but most extrovert dont understand that different people has different personality.

when u know u will need peoples help try to blend b4 the time comes when u will need their help.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Frankenstein: 8:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
scave:

find a group of people u want to b free with ,it is your decision,if i go to a place where people socialize i quickly make decision and start talking before i think too deep and become quiet,and it has helped me.i was in a group with few people i knew we were going to work together for a while ,i decided to start flowing with them immediately i joined because i knew we have long way to go,but there was this other guy that kept mute b4 u knw it at our second gathering people started complaining about him,and i already sense his introvertion, currently some people in the group are making plans to accommodate them selves and they side line him,saying that he is immature i was kind of trying to defend him so that they can link up with him but most extrovert dont understand that different people has different personality.

when u know u will need peoples help try to blend b4 the time comes when u will need their help.
Exactly. Once you miss that first window, it becomes very difficult to socialize
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Frankenstein: 8:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
CapedBaldy:
If you can muster enough boldness to follow the advice above, then it's just a matter of time.

You can also try out random tasks outside your comfort zone every day that don't necessarily involve groups of people. By the way, do you procrastinate?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by CapedBaldy: 9:08am On Mar 03, 2020
Frankenstein:
If you can muster enough boldness to follow the advice above, then it's just a matter of time.

You can also try out random tasks outside your comfort zone every day that don't necessarily involve groups of people. By the way, do you procrastinate?

I procrastinate alot actually
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Frankenstein: 2:46pm On Mar 03, 2020
CapedBaldy:

I thought so. What you need is understanding extrovert friends you can confide in about your introversion. They can always ease you up into conversations and social settings. Ideally, your course mates and lodge mates.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Frankenstein: 2:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
Hakeem12:
like a million times
What do you think about it?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by michealdeco: 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2020
CapedBaldy:

you're my carbon copy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by jessyb: 9:54am On Mar 04, 2020
Excellent free eBook on how to loose weight by just dancing

Here's the link

https://www.file-up.org/n8rbm3ptat5k
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DahOriginal(m): 11:54am On Mar 07, 2020
I hardly spoke nor reply topics on nairaland but since i came across this I think i have a place i could call home for now with people who behaves nd think exactly like me.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2020
Hey guys

How do an introvert survive this nysc camp of a thing, cus I graduated last year and I’ll be joining the next batch. All through my university life, I stayed off camp and I lived alone, the thought of staying with so many people makes me feel terrified, like I can’t just survive there, I might just run home after few days, and I have been telling people around me that I’ll soon be leaving for camp, any alternative?

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Karleb(m): 8:41pm On Mar 10, 2020
haymekus:
Hey guys

How do an introvert survive this nysc camp of a thing, cus I graduated last year and I’ll be joining the next batch. All through my university life, I stayed off camp and I lived alone, the thought of staying with so many people makes me feel terrified, like I can’t just survive there, I might just run home after few days, and I have been telling people around me that I’ll soon be leaving for camp, any alternative?

Nothing you can do. If you don't talk to anyone in camp, they'll surely talk to you. But if you sound cold and boring, they'll definitely leave you alone.

Come to think of it. Why don't you just stop all these awkwardness, free your mind and enjoy the 21 days in camp. I mean, it's not like anyone will care about you were?

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by madbuk: 10:13pm On Mar 10, 2020
haymekus:
Hey guys

Lolz, you'll survive
Had the same thoughts during my service year, las las the camp experience made brain than the main service itself.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 9:19am On Mar 12, 2020
haymekus:
Hey guys

I participated in just one camping activity before Nysc and I can tell you that it stands as one of the best experience in my life.

Being an introvert is not a prison sentence. Put your best foot forward, participate in activities and you will likely enjoy it. You can easily grow confidence in such settings as you are surrounded by mainly strangers.

Lastly, if you have got good roommates, then you will have a blissful experience. Be ready to enjoy the experience without being swayed by the challenges that are bound to come your way.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 13, 2020
haymekus:
Hey guys

it is very very hard.
I had to leave camp on the second day and return ed on the last day using fake medical report.

I advise you to do that
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 14, 2020
JacksonMS:
it is very very hard.
I had to leave camp on the second day and return ed on the last day using fake medical report.

I advise you to do that

I guess that’s what I’ll do, besides I’m a freelancer, I can’t stay away from my laptop for so long.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Amanda4life: 9:34pm On Mar 17, 2020
Hello

My fellow introverts.

I'm an introverts, because I only read comments on naira land.

I don't even contribute to any discussion here on nairaland.

Na waoh
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 18, 2020
Been thinking lately on this introvert extrovert personality sorta thing. And what I have come to deduce is that it is all on a continuum.. Being an introvert does not mean u are not an extrovert.. I personal as an INTP with about 61- 65% introverted and about 39% extroverted.. It's to me more like saying am left handed, which does not exclude the individual from having a right hand, or extending that right arm to an individual whence you wish to shake such individual, as that would be deemed culturally polite. both int-ext plays very important role in the development of an individual, u need introversion to think original thoughts and ideas and extroversion to act with convictions, and to deny the richness the extroverted way of living brings to the already beautiful inner thought life u have as an individual...to sit back in your shell of introversion and recline from the huffy puffy chitty chatty way of normal extroverted daily living is to deny yourself the truly amazing experience of human incongruity. Look deep within you you have them both deep within you, and from all I have learned so far , u can choose to play anyhand u choose to a high degree of mastery. It's funny that it's extroverts that I notice are putting up more efforts in the development of their dual nature and their ability to bring both indexes to the subjugation of their lofty heights and ambitions. While the supposed sensitive introverts are brooding in their hubris and contempt for all that's communal and societally defined. The one I think is unchangeable is perhaps your temperament.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Treasure17(m): 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
haymekus:

I guess that’s what I’ll do, besides I’m a freelancer, I can’t stay away from my laptop for so long.
Lol. Really? That's too extreme. See you can't keep running or distancing yourself from people in the name of introversion. These are people for goodness sake. I understand you quite well but you should learn to associate with few if not majority. Trust me you will be fine. During mine I hardly relate with people within my platoon except my bunk mates which turned out to be fun at the end of the day. My best pal today and I were in same platoon but throughout the twenty one days in camp we didn't say hi to each other not to talk of striking a conversation but as fate will have it we ended up at same Family house (Corper's lodge) and the rest is history. What if you are working in an organisation that involves crowd? Las las you will be fine jor.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by penitential(m): 6:41pm On Mar 18, 2020
One thing that worked for me during my service year;

1. I don’t for go parades; I’m so lucky that soldiers don’t get to see me in bed whenever they come to the room early in the morning. So, that saved me. Once it’s 6:30 am, I know parade will be almost rounding up, I quickly take my water to the bathroom (by then all the soldiers are on the parade ground) and have my bathe before they messed up the bathroom.

2. Once everyone is back from the parade ground (shouting and sweating) I quietly walk out of the room to the pavilion on the parade ground. There I just sit alone with my thought or a book in my hand.

3. Whenever I have to be inside the room, I will only engage in discussion with my guy next to my bed we talk deeply or I engage a medical Doctor right opposite my bed ( we talk about his life at schools, experiences during his housemanship, he educate me on so many things in the medical line; I think introverts like to learn esp new things, or is it just my own curiosity?)

4. And lastly, I hang out most times when they sell books. Book vendors are my best friends. I spent all the money I brought to camp buying books, borrowed money again to buy books. When I was paid my first alawee, I bought books again before leaving the camp.

That’s just my two cent. �
haymekus:
Hey guys

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
Treasure17:

Lol. Really? That's too extreme. See you can't keep running or distancing yourself from people in the name of introversion. These are people for goodness sake. I understand you quite well but you should learn to associate with few if not majority. Trust me you will be fine. During mine I hardly relate with people within my platoon except my bunk mates which turned out to be fun at the end of the day. My best pal today and I were in same platoon but throughout the twenty one days in camp we didn't say hi to each other not to talk of striking a conversation but as fate will have it we ended up at same Family house (Corper's lodge) and the rest is history. What if you are working in an organisation that involves crowd? Las las you will be fine jor.

True is that I associate with people, but I ain’t used to having people sleep in my bed or around me, the only relationship I had in uni was one with a girl that schools in a different uni but same state

Anyways thanks
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2020
penitential:
One thing that worked for me during my service year;

1. I don’t for go parades; I’m so lucky that soldiers don’t get to see me in bed whenever they come to the room early in the morning. So, that saved me. Once it’s 6:30 am, I know parade will be almost rounding up, I quickly take my water to the bathroom (by then all the soldiers are on the parade ground) and have my bathe before they messed up the bathroom.

2. Once everyone is back from the parade ground (shouting and sweating) I quietly walk out of the room to the pavilion on the parade ground. There I just sit alone with my thought or a book in my hand.

3. Whenever I have to be inside the room, I will only engage in discussion with my guy next to my bed we talk deeply or I engage a medical Doctor right opposite my bed ( we talk about his life at schools, experiences during his housemanship, he educate me on so many things in the medical line; I think introverts like to learn esp new things, or is it just my own curiosity?)

4. And lastly, I hang out most times when they sell books. Book vendors are my best friends. I spent all the money I brought to camp buying books, borrowed money again to buy books. When I was paid my first alawee, I bought books again before leaving the camp.

That’s just my two cent. �

Wow lucky you
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Treasure17(m): 10:39am On Mar 19, 2020
haymekus:

True is that I associate with people, but I ain’t used to having people sleep in my bed or around me, the only relationship I had in uni was one with a girl that schools in a different uni but same state

Anyways thanks
Give it a try or follow penitential routine if his system suit you.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by LivingSage: 1:39pm On Mar 23, 2020
This is our thread. Introverts are always underestimated but usually intelligent

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by oazeez1991(m): 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2020
Sincerely, at times I hate my introverted nature, but had 2 live by it as I got little or notin 2 do abt it.

Most times, I crave nd wish 2 be in crowd, 2 socialize, mingle, but shud I get a slight opportunity 2 find myself in one, I got exhausted wif d activities nd start longin 2 go back 2 my shell. Longin 2 be alone, ol by myself.

I got no friends, no hangout, no one 2 share feelings or gist wif. My best buddy has olwez been my phone.

I find it so hard 2 interact nd flow wif just anybody, except dose I'm already familiar wif.

Presently in a new environment different 4rm d one I'm used 2, I don't even av idea abt hw 2 go abt mkin friends. Olwez av a borin weekend as I hardly av smwia 2 go or who 2 spend time wif.

It's even smtin dat's affectin my relationship nd career life.

Most of d time, I felt so weird nd frustrated abt my nature.

Ol effort 2 go extrovert has olwez prove abortive as I still end up findin myself back in my shell.

Just feel so lonely nd missin out.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Emeraldfynest(m): 3:51pm On Mar 24, 2020
So glad I located this thread, I'm an introvert but sometimes I wish I can come out of my shell, gradually doing though. It's worse when you're surrounded by extroverts and other outspoken people, for this I find solace in music, and I don't have a roommate, I just come back from class and lock up. My cotenants often joke that I would get white by staying indoors all the time lol, I just smile and say nothing. Being an introvert is fun but you have to socialize with other people which has it's advantages too!

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2020
I don't ...
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by younowell: 7:22pm On Mar 24, 2020
Inside life. Some of the precautions guide against covid 19 virus is already in our DNA...just imagine! cheesy Trust me, we going to be the last set of people to be infected given if the virus were to go round grin. Anyway, God forbid. cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.