Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (638345 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:15pm On Nov 01, 2020
Simisola3:
Some of the challenges I face being an introvert is struggling to speak more clearly, working with others, presenting to others, and being an influence to others. But that doesn't mean I don't love being one. It sure has its benefits like being able to think more clearly, being insightful, and paying attention to the things that matter more. I am grateful for those very much.

It is lovely to admit you are happy about your personality trait. Trust me, introverts rock.

I guess you would like to speak more clearly and have a positive influence on others.

The key is to start small, I mean familiarize yourself with the people around you. It is always easier to speak to a crowd when you know most people on an individual level.

I advise you to start by saying "Hello" to your colleagues. Ask how is their day bla bla bla.
They would be surprised by how great a conversationist that you are. Gradually, you begin to have a positive influence on them.

Cheers! cool

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2020
Albertone:

Any idea of which work an introvert can do to earn?
To do business na war.How do I start telling people to patronise me(something I dread totally)

Many introverts are in soft work. I mean programming, graphic design, SEO writing, affiliate marketing, social media management, etc.

Check Nairaland Programming, Career and Investment sections. You might find something interesting.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by MissOpe(f): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2020
sweetveek:
the best advantage of being an introvert is peace of mind,asin u have no one to worry about but yourself and mayb family members too...

I swear to God.... You don't have to worry about the plenty troubles of others but bout u and your immediate family.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Albertone(m): 9:59pm On Nov 02, 2020
Olarewajub:

Many introverts are in soft work. I mean programming, graphic design, SEO writing, affiliate marketing, social media management, etc.

Check Nairaland Programming, Career and Investment sections. You might find something interesting.

Cool thanks

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by upload111: 8:06am On Nov 03, 2020
inkle:

Orile

Let's talk.
Share ur digits
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by africaflozy(f): 3:40pm On Nov 03, 2020
I and my husband are introvert. Anytime we plan to go on a date, we would end up cancelling it and stay indoor to live our boring life.
We are boring but then, we are cool like that.
Many times I am glad I didn't marry an extrovert. I can't deal with someone forcing me to go out.

Introverts are the champions grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2020
africaflozy:
I and my husband are introvert. Anytime we plan to go on a date, we would end up cancelling it and stay indoor to live our boring life.
Many times I am glad I didn't marry an extrovert. I can't deal with someone forcing me to go out.

grin grin
Nice

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Uniquisite: 4:15pm On Nov 03, 2020
africaflozy:

Enjoy the blissfulness of silence and peaceful life wink

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 03, 2020
Simisola3:
Some of the challenges I face being an introvert is struggling to speak more clearly, working with others, presenting to others, and being an influence to others. But that doesn't mean I don't love being one. It sure has its benefits like being able to think more clearly, being insightful, and paying attention to the things that matter more. I am grateful for those very much.
Most of the issues you listed stems from low self esteem.
Forget these psychological schemas most people employ to downplay the effect terrible low self esteem plays in their relation with others, under the guise of introverted personality,just to prevent people from seeing behind the mask of their personality disorder(s) or self image.
Work on your self esteem, trust me, the highlighted will automatically fix themselves, irrespective of your introverted personality ,is you genuinely is one.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 04, 2020
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by fredwill1357(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2020
GLYCOLYSISS:

Forget these psychological schemas most people employ to downplay the effect terrible low self esteem plays in their relation with others, under the guise of introverted personality,just to prevent people from seeing behind the mask of their personality disorder(s) or self image.
Work on your self esteem, trust me, the highlighted will automatically fix themselves, irrespective of your introverted personality ,is you genuinely is one.
Not low self esteem but social anxiety

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 06, 2020
cool
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by y33zluv(m): 9:17pm On Nov 10, 2020
I basically can never strike a conversation with people I know or barely know, thus, my diffidence around girls I'd have liked to have a thing with. My introversion is a weird one; I don't necessarily need to recharge by being ALONE, I enjoy people's company a lot. I'm however circumspect about my surroundings because I get easily irritated by a vast number of people at a place in time. I'm crusty in nature, which gets mistaken for pride. I think the one correction to my personality I'd be willing to work on will be my relationship with the opposite gender. In my head, I'm a great conversationalist but in reality when around girls I falter.

4 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemicalreact: 10:03am On Nov 11, 2020
y33zluv:
I basically can never strike a conversation with people I know or barely know, thus, my diffidence around girls I'd have liked to have a thing with. My introversion is a weird one; I don't necessarily need to recharge by being ALONE, I enjoy people's company a lot. I'm however circumspect about my surroundings because I get easily irritated by a vast number of people at a place in time. I'm crusty in nature, which gets mistaken for pride. I think the one correction to my personality I'd be willing to work on will be my relationship with the opposite gender. In my head, I'm a great conversationalist but in reality when around girls I falter.
You just described me lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Lemmy123(m): 3:45pm On Nov 14, 2020
Wow! Finally on here, you sure don't know what it means to read from page one up to this current page without skipping any page and without skipping any post.. First of all, I'd like to acknowledge the first set of contributors Olarewajub DonOms Vibesking Callmemercy Hakeem12 R2bees and the rest, these are the names that stuck in my head during the journey of my reading. It actually took me two months to finish reading from page 1... It's a lot of work but I didn't want to miss anything including the quarrels of a seemingly condescending girl who claimed she was an introvert yet go about insulting everybody and a certain Jack something Sha and his incessant whining and complaints of a useless life.. Lol.... That's by the way

My name is Lemmy, I'm an introvert, I didn't even realize I was until I came across the word. You see small talks? It detests me, I rarely go out, I get as much fun as I want without the constant urge that extrovert get to step out. I reason really deeply, I tend to counter conventional wisdom, I question anybody or thing I'm not comfortable with, whether it's a pastor or imam.. I'm not that religious by the way..
And I see a lot of introvert complain about being shy, I don't think I'm shy but I can't look directly into the eyes of elders, I don't know but from childhood, it sort of signifies disrespect.. I can't a address a large crowd, this has nothing to do with introversion, I just haven't sharpened that skill.. I can talk to anymore on the first instance, I can initiate a conversation and keep it, I can talk to girls if I want even if she was Agbani Darego, I like parties but I get tired of the whole noise and hysteria quickly and before you know it I'll escape from there and find way to my bed..
It's fun if you ask me, I'm not depressed or anything

20 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by DancyDaniel: 7:25am On Nov 15, 2020
Hello, my people,
I need assistance with cash, I started a new job with a reputable firm but lack money for tfare...

I would appreciate any amount...i don't want to loose this great opportunity
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 17, 2020
Present grin
People usually mistake my quiet life for selfishness, especially my family members and I'm going through a hard time dealing with it.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by maximizer61(m): 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2020
y33zluv:
Samething with me, mine is worst, 2yrs in sch nw i havnt had a conversation with any girl

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Albertone(m): 11:29am On Nov 19, 2020
maximizer61:
Samething with me, mine is worst, 2yrs in sch nw i havnt had a conversation with any girl

Few things I have for you.
+ Dress well and neat.Not necessarily expensive.Groom your body,hair,nails e.t.c....It builds confidence.

+ Start by greeting any girl beside you.You may not start a convo yet.Just get used to greeting them first.Only a girl in a bad mood will not reply a mere greeting.

+ Start with a girl you have something in common.I.e Your coursemate.After you have been greeting for somedays,ask for her name and introduce yourself too.

+ When next you see,greet her with her name and ask how her day went or how her class went.You can proceed to ask what class she has next.I.e Hi Grace.How are you doing?How was Dr.John's class?.
She will answer and probably ask you too.Answer and you can then say "Okay,we'll see later,bye"

+ When next you see,try to make the convo a little longer.You can't be asking about class everytime,so you can decide to talk about your school as a whole,favourite chilling sport,experience in the first week of your freshman year etc.

+ It shouldn't be only one girl,have at least 3 girls for a start.

The aim is to get you comfortable at talking to girls.Asking out,wooing,dating can come later.Just make friends first.
If you know any guy that has many female friends,you can roll with him because you will be forced to talk to his female friends.

These are what I'm doing now to get better at talking to girls.Now,I can walk up to any girl but my challenge is not knowing what else to say asides greeting and basic intro.

Good luck bro!

9 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by HotPoundedYam(m): 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2020
maximizer61:
You are not alone. Introvertism is an habit that is very hard to break... In school, if you are on your department Whatsap group, try to start messaging and doing video calls with course mates most especially the girls. It's best you break it before you get thru with institution.
It's affecting me now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Albertone(m): 10:20pm On Nov 20, 2020
HotPoundedYam:

You are not alone. Introvertism is an habit that is very hard to break... In school, if you are on your department Whatsap group, try to start messaging and doing video calls with course mates most especially the girls. It's best you break it before you get thru with institution.
It's affecting me now

In my own case,I can actually message or go meet a girl.But I lack things to say.After the exchange of pleasantries,I go blank!!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Wisdompays: 3:26am On Nov 21, 2020
Let us tell ourselves the truth. there's nothing good that will come out of this government, is like waiting for a ship to arrive at the airport, is that really possible. this government is a total failure, those that called themselves leaders are so selfish, brainless, murderers, grand theft, vampires, liars, criminals, tricksters. they should continue killing innocents people to save their own heads, but let them know that it will all end one day.

Meanwhile, you need to see this, don't deny yourself of seeing this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRwS7JxqSx8
Please, don't forget to subscribe to my channel. thanks

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by maximizer61(m): 6:40am On Nov 22, 2020
[quote author=Albertone post=96208079]

Few things I have for you.
+ Dress well and neat.Not necessarily expensive.Groom your body,hair,nails e.t.c....It builds confidence.

+ Start by greeting any girl beside you.You may not start a convo yet.Just get used to greeting them first.Only a girl in a bad mood will not reply a mere greeting.

+ Start with a girl you have something in common.I.e Your coursemate.After you have been greeting for somedays,ask for her name and introduce yourself too.

+ When next you see,greet her with her name and ask how her day went or how her class went.You can proceed to ask what class she has next.I.e Hi Grace.How are you doing?How was Dr.John's class?.
She will answer and probably ask you too.Answer and you can then say "Okay,we'll see later,bye"

+ When next you see,try to make the convo a little longer.You can't be asking about class everytime,so you can decide to talk about your school as a whole,favourite chilling sport, thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by maximizer61(m): 6:42am On Nov 22, 2020
HotPoundedYam:

It's affecting me now
lol pride no go allow me
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Albertone(m): 9:44am On Nov 22, 2020
maximizer61:
thanks bro

You're welcome! wink
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by HotPoundedYam(m): 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2020
maximizer61:
lol pride no go allow me
eeya. e dey be lik dt sometimes
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Hakeem12(m): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2020
Lemmy123:
Wow! Finally on here, you sure don't know what it means to read from page one up to this current page without skipping any page and without skipping any post.. First of all, I'd like to acknowledge the first set of contributors Olarewajub DonOms Vibesking Callmemercy Hakeem12 R2bees and the rest, these are the names that stuck in my head during the journey of my reading. It actually took me two months to finish reading from page 1... It's a lot of work but I didn't want to miss anything including the quarrels of a seemingly condescending girl who claimed she was an introvert yet go about insulting everybody and a certain Jack something Sha and his incessant whining and complaints of a useless life.. Lol.... That's by the way

My name is Lemmy, I'm an introvert, I didn't even realize I was until I came across the word. You see small talks? It detests me, I rarely go out, I get as much fun as I want without the constant urge that extrovert get to step out. I reason really deeply, I tend to counter conventional wisdom, I question anybody or thing I'm not comfortable with, whether it's a pastor or imam.. I'm not that religious by the way..
And I see a lot of introvert complain about being shy, I don't think I'm shy but I can't look directly into the eyes of elders, I don't know but from childhood, it sort of signifies disrespect.. I can't a address a large crowd, this has nothing to do with introversion, I just haven't sharpened that skill.. I can talk to anymore on the first instance, I can initiate a conversation and keep it, I can talk to girls if I want even if she was Agbani Darego, I like parties but I get tired of the whole noise and hysteria quickly and before you know it I'll escape from there and find way to my bed..
It's fun if you ask me, I'm not depressed or anything
That's just wow!!! You read from the first page?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by iamyemiakins(m): 3:21pm On Nov 22, 2020
Hakeem12:
That's just wow!!! You read from the first page?

I was surprised at that too, that's some work.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Professorcplus(m): 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2020
Do you feel alone as an INTJ? To be an INTJ is to feel alone. Utterly alone. Completely isolated. Mentally, intellectually, spiritually alone—cut off from the rest of humanity.

On the rare occasions when we are forced to socialize, we spend our time desperately plumbing our interlocutors’ souls, struggling to ascertain the length and breadth of their minds—searching, often in vain, for the same sort of depth as our own. Our metaphysical mirror image, if you will.

Most of the time, we are disappointed. Nobody thinks as deeply as we do. Nobody considers as diligently as we do. Nobody philosophizes as comprehensively as we do. Nobody imagines as…well, imaginatively as we do. We are alone. Isolated. Thousands of miles away. In our own worlds.

And that’s the tragic part. All we want to do is share our world with another person. All we want to do is find someone who is capable of considering and discussing our favorite arcane topics in as much detail as we’d like to. All we want is a deep, meaningful, intellectual discussion about something we’re passionate about and have thought about in detail.

But what we get is small talk. Dick-measuring. People bragging about their big cars or six-figure incomes or other trivial, materialistic things. Showing us stupid memes or cat pictures on their phones. Nothing even remotely resembling an intelligent, well-thought-out exchange of ideas.

The most horrible moment of all—the moment when we feel the most alone—is when we are engaged in a discussion about an esoteric topic, or in a passionate debate about an issue we care deeply about, and have spent the last 10, 20, or 30 minutes composing and/or delivering a marvelous verbal or written treatise on the subject, only to be met with a “Yeah, huh. That’s interesting.” Or a “Well, that’s just your opinion.” Or, at best, an “I’m sorry, I don’t get it.”

Usually what we do in those situations is clam up. Go very quiet. Move away. Not speak much for the rest of the evening. But inside, we’re berserk. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. INTJs are mad scientists. We have our own little private obsessions, which nobody else understands—and frankly, most people would probably find them distasteful. So, in the face of public scorn and ignorance and a lack of understanding, INTJs hole up. We retreat. We isolate ourselves. There’s a reason mad scientists are always based out of castles or caves or some other sort of lair. It’s the only place they can shelter themselves from society’s ridicule and pursue their incredibly recondite interests
Source: Quora

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 23, 2020
Some challenges I feel about being an introvert is just that... I feel so shy speaking with large number of people and feel somehow talking to someone for the first time(in summary, I struggle to speak clearly) which bothers me at times,... feel shy when going out... but apart from that,.. it’s makes me think better, work on my self,... educate people with my little intelligence and read more news... thou, it’s nice being an introvert, because it will broaden once knowledge

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Introvertmemer(m): 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
;DJust realised superman's an introvert since he has a fortress of SOLITUDE
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by chidera39(m): 9:38am On Nov 25, 2020
GLYCOLYSISS:

EXACTLY
I learnt this myself
When one is very self confident, only then can you truly know if you're introvert or you just need to work on yourself

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.