Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,728 members, 7,831,313 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (641256 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by jkuvira: 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2020
AoTMHG:

Precisely why I said you guys need to live more outside than within.

its unfair to recommend changing your personality so as to fit in.
mind you introverts have people they connect with , and even do well in the midst of a crowd. not every introvert is stuck up in a virtual world. once in a while I hang out with friends, even if I don't engage myself while in their midst , I sure love and appreciate being there. Its not about living outside more, its about appreciating and taking in a little dose of the company of people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AoTMHG: 1:10pm On Aug 24, 2020
jkuvira:

its unfair to recommend changing your personality so as to fit in.
mind you introverts have people they connect with , and even do well in the midst of a crowd. not every introvert is stuck up in a virtual world. once in a while I hang out with friends, even if I don't engage myself while in their midst , I sure love and appreciate being there. Its not about living outside more, its about appreciating and taking in a little dose of the company of people.

The recommendation wasn't for all introverts. It was meant for two individuals who expressed the need to want to interact and talk with people who can relate with and understand them.

Being with people and appreciating their company is totally natural. It means you're not completely adverse to human interactions. Which is good.

Living outside more, is more than just a physical space. It's about engaging more outside your space of mind. You don't have to change your personality to fit "in". The world doesn't require you guys or anyone else to fit in. The world is just a system with people governing it. Nobody should have to conform to a system.

There will always be outliers, but what matters the most, is that you be true to yourself, recognize your difference and enjoy the moments of life and the time that has been given to you.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sheepheart(f): 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2020
KevUnique:
Haha, Wow! This is so me! Taking to bugs, walls, myself, thin-air, playing pretend, role playing and no human conversation at the end of the day. Lol, life has to go on. I am strong like that though. But we all need someone who can understand us.
I so play pretend in my head. Talk to myself about what played out btw me n someone or a strategy I'm employing for a project. Yeah finding someone who understands is crucial.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
AoTMHG:

Precisely why I said you guys need to live more outside than within.
Wait, did u deactivate around 12:30 am? Gosh, i was like ,"what could have made her do this, nau?" You are Pogah, right? Oh my, u really made me feel bubbly when i read your long piece of advice.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
The unforgiveness problem of introverts is their inability to stand up for themselves. Sometimes we can't just say no outrightly when someone coerces us to do what we don't want to do.

An extrovert will tell you straight up "guy I no do abeg, which kind errand be this one" but introvert will go ahead and do that errand for you against his wish and later hate you for letting him do what he doesn't want to do. He expects you to read minds (he thinks u have the ability to read minds and behaviour just like most introverts do)...

Holding a grudge is a major weak point, if the introverts could learn to forgive offenses quickly, they would move forward in life faster.

Also they should know how to be assertive and speak for themselves, don't let people walk all over you, because you can't say no. It's your life, you own it. People will think they can take advantage of you because you are calm and gentle. Don't let that happen.

For example because I'm an introvert, people think they can have a way easily with me, I have a younger brother who's an extrovert and assertive. I started noticing that I was the go to guy for people. Even my parents!! mind you I'm 6 years older than this bro of mine and he's in his late teens, taller than I am. My dad or mum will leave this boy to be sleeping till 11am and come to me to send me on errand. I started noticing the nonsense. I had to start developing a no nonsense attitude, and things started getting better....PLEASE BE ASSERTIVE AND DONT BE A DOORMAT PEOPLE THINK THEY CAN WALK OVER..

18 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by tot(f): 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
NewSoul:
The unforgiveness problem of introverts is their inability to stand up for themselves. Sometimes we can't just say no outrightly when someone coerces us to do what we don't want to do.

An extrovert will tell you straight up "guy I no do abeg, which kind errand be this one" but introvert will go ahead and do that errand for you against his wish and later hate you for letting him do what he doesn't want to do. He expects you to read minds (he thinks u have the ability to read minds and behaviour just like most introverts do)...

Holding a grudge is a major weak point, if the introverts could learn to forgive offenses quickly, they would move forward in life faster.

Also they should know how to be assertive and speak for themselves, don't let people walk all over you, because you can't say no. It's your life, you own it. People will think they can take advantage of you because you are calm and gentle. Don't let that happen.

For example because I'm an introvert, people think they can have a way easily with me, I have a younger brother who's an extrovert and assertive. I started noticing that I was the go to guy for people. Even my parents!! mind you I'm 6 years older than this bro of mine and he's in his late teens, taller than I am. My dad or mum will leave this boy to be sleeping till 11am and come to me to send me on errand. I started noticing the nonsense. I had to start developing a no nonsense attitude, and things started getting better....PLEASE BE ASSERTIVE AND DONT BE A DOORMAT PEOPLE THINK THEY CAN WALK OVER..

I agree that assertiveness is a good trait for anyone to have but it has nothing to do with being an introvert or extrovert. Some of the most strong willed people I know are introverts.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AoTMHG: 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
KevUnique:
Wait, did u deactivate around 12:30 am? Gosh, i was like ,"what could have made her do this, nau?" You are Pogah, right? Oh my, u really made me feel bubbly when i read your long piece of advice. I was like: "Wow, I am liking this girl already" So touching and i could relate to the message u were driving home. Felt like hugging and cuddling u afterwards though. Couldn't quite explaining the feeling i was having for u. Glad u came around, though smiley Might be crushing on u. Who are you? Oh, and were u an introvert in the past? Wish we could hug through our phones .awwwn

Yes, deactivated my previous profile. Was never an introvert, just a bit reserved.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kemicalreact: 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
Present cheesy
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by minicky: 2:32pm On Aug 27, 2020
Introvert guys with girlfriend how mange??

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Wetlink: 8:19am On Aug 28, 2020
Mrviktor:
Who else is scared of video calls or is it just me

I'm not even sure I know how to categorize mine.
Like I host webinars and attend zoom meetings where I make presentations and i'm very cool with it
but the moment you video call me without informing me first, I get really disturbed and 90% of the time, I ignore such video calls.
hope I am normal like this angry cry

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by superability(m): 11:30am On Aug 28, 2020
Video calling and even snapping are two things I find hard to do

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Liliantalks: 7:22am On Aug 29, 2020
So right now I am in the stadium, came here to exercise for the first time, I hv been by entrance for about 20mins now , the crowd is too fucking much . So I am expected to just mingle with any set of persons , how I wan start

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by AoTMHG: 10:12am On Aug 29, 2020
Liliantalks:
So right now I am in the stadium, came here to exercise for the first time, I hv been by entrance for about 20mins now , the crowd is too fucking much . So I am expected to just mingle with any set of persons , how I wan start

Mingling with anyone shouldn't be your first priority.

I go for Long walks on weekends in the evening. It's been over a month now and I've only spoken to one person, an elderly man who walks too. He's over 70 years old, we exchanged numbers and now we're friends.

I go for my walks not because I want to mingle or meet new people, but because it gives me pleasure exercising that way and I find the sights and sounds of the dusk interesting.

So it's about what makes you happy, ironically people are attracted to positive and happy people who are content with life.

Quit worrying about mingling first, find your rhythm and let things flow from there.

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2020

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Kemimarch16(f): 11:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
It really affecting me in many ways
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Liliantalks: 7:26am On Aug 30, 2020
AoTMHG:

Mingling with anyone shouldn't be your first priority.

I go for Long walks on weekends in the evening. It's been over a month now and I've only spoken to one person, an elderly man who walks too. He's over 70 years old, we exchanged numbers and now we're friends.

I go for my walks not because I want to mingle or meet new people, but because it gives me pleasure exercising that way and I find the sights and sounds of the dusk interesting.

So it's about what makes you happy, ironically people are attracted to positive and happy people who are content with life.

Quit worrying about mingling first, find your rhythm and let things flow from there.
you obviously didnt understand my post , my major problem was how crowded the place was and I actually went there with the view of hving a gym instructor. Not like I don’t know how to take a walk or do all that . There are different instructions with different audiences, hving to mix up with that crowd of people looking at me was the issue , not just plainly mingling , if there were 5 or 6 , It would hv been easier . mMingling is not the issue , mingling in a crowded place was the iss. Talking to people is not an issue for me, trust me
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Michaelcas(m): 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2020
Glad i could find people like me
As an introvert, i hate parties, 4 or 5 people are already a crowd for me and drains me intensely until my brain kinda shuts down from taking in information, and I find it hard to sleep until i can calm my mind from virtualizing every single thing i saw and heard that day, to a point i envy people who lie down and sleep off.

The only way i get to recharge my mind is doing long walks in the evening or early morning, or whenever i sit to play videogames or books(like a lot of books,any type be it occultic,the darker the better), those are my ways of relaxation

Hope someone else is like this

6 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
Kemimarch16:
It really affecting me in many ways

Create time to read these books. They go a long way for introverts.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Kemimarch16(f): 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Create time to read these books. They go a long way for introverts.
Thank you glory

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sheepheart(f): 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2020
Michaelcas:
Glad i could find people like me
As an introvert, i hate parties, 4 or 5 people are already a crowd for me and drains me intensely until my brain kinda shuts down from taking in information, and I find it hard to sleep until i can calm my mind from virtualizing every single thing i saw and heard that day, to a point i envy people who lie down and sleep off.

The only way i get to recharge my mind is doing long walks in the evening or early morning, or whenever i sit to play videogames or books(like a lot of books,any type be it occultic,the darker the better), those are my ways of relaxation

Hope someone else is like this
Introversion comes in different shades. That's your dominant shade. My own version is more tilted to finding comfort in my space than not hanging out with a few people (when necessary though) I won't trade my space for any thing.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Michaelcas(m): 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
sheepheart:

Introversion comes in different shades. That's your dominant shade. My own version is more tilted to finding comfort in my space than not hanging out with a few people (when necessary though) I won't trade my space for any thing.
That's excellent, we're in no need of nobody's company

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by unitypeace: 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2020
Olarewajub:
@ Liamm . Do you have hard time starting a conversation with strangers and asking questions?

That's true But the key has always been if you try to start a conversation you will find it interesting

I Find this product interesting and want to share it with you

You can make your order

https://www.zzunique.com/product/bowl-toilet-light/

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by tot(f): 6:31pm On Sep 09, 2020
Please stop posting adverts here.. @unitypeace @poseidonsaiz, it's akin to posting adverts in the diary section.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by OluwaseunSeal(m): 7:08pm On Sep 10, 2020
I enjoy spending time alone than spending with people. Find doing anything in the public difficult and feeling like the ground to open up and swallow me when I notice people staring at me

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by poseidonsaiz(m): 3:00am On Sep 12, 2020
We fabricate all sizes of block moulding machine. Mostly the egg laying type.
Our machines can produce various types of hollow blocks, solid bricks, interlocks, pavers, and curbstones, etc.
It also has functions avoiding mechanical accidents caused by operational mistakes;
Uses multi-shaft rotating and compulsory feeding, which greatly improves the density and intensity of the blocks, and reduces the feeding time as well.
Fabrication time takes 4weeks.
You can call or Whatsapp us on 07011561993

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSlCFWXp52c

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by RioCarputo(m): 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2020
I'm a chronic introvert. I enjoyed doing time alone. I takes notes of every single events that occurred around me including the mannerisms and behaviors of the persons presents there. to talks a lot, drains me and get me exhausted. I hate a noisy atmosphere because it disturbs my brain and causes conflicts in me internally.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ikjosh04: 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2020
Hi Pals, Celebrate you all.

I'm just seeing this thread.

It's not easy being an introvert, I love my space and I find it so hard keeping friends and making new friends(more emphasis on opposite sex).

My folks and people that know me way back are like, I was very very stubborn while growing up (I got Nick named "Iron body" during my infant stage) but see me now, I am the complete opposite of that.

I have always known I am a reserved person but it dawned on me after nysc camp, the only friends I had are my room mates and presently we only view each other status(hardly communicate).

Through out my 5years in uni, I don't have someone I can call my close friend or someone that got my back.

Where I stay presently, I don't have friends in and around my environ. I hardly go out sef so no one knows me.

What astonish me is, I am actually hyper active and troublesome in a way around people I'm super comfortable with.

For my Dating life, I have actually dated 2 wonderful girls in my lifetime. 1-introvert and 1-extrovert(like showoff and all that).

The introvert got married late last year and the extrovert still in the showoff business(she is a good girl and I'm actually her first but she's someone that lives for the moment and financially draining).

For my career, I'm doing pretty good(I can do better). I have wonderful mentors not limited to Nigeria that have been a blessing and are/will still be a blessing to me via LinkedIn and physically.

Conclusion: I'm doing my best to move towards ambivert but it's quite hard cause I love my space and I think well when I'm alone or I want to start saying in a peaceful serenity.

One of the key skills I'm building is my communication skills via storytelling and I communicate well online than in person cause I hate talking too much so if you come across me in real life, you can feel like, is this the guy doing this and that cause most times I'll just be dumb and be observing.

Cheers!!

11 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by poseidonsaiz(m): 11:08am On Sep 18, 2020
tot:
Please stop posting adverts here.. @unitypeace @poseidonsaiz, it's akin to posting adverts in the diary section.

I have been part of this family, bfr you probably came on board, so I know it's not the right thread. Just like your TV stations, adverts come in periodically. So, calm down.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by tot(f): 11:12am On Sep 18, 2020
poseidonsaiz:

I have been part of this family, bfr you probably came on board, so I know it's not the right thread. Just like your TV stations, adverts come in periodically. So, calm down.

6. Don't post adverts or affiliate links outside the areas where adverts are explicitly allowed.
It's the rules. Post adverts where adverts are allowed. This is a safe space for people to unwind, not for us to start scrolling past adverts.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by poseidonsaiz(m): 11:39am On Sep 18, 2020
tot:

6. Don't post adverts or affiliate links outside the areas where adverts are explicitly allowed.
It's the rules. Post adverts where adverts are allowed. This is a safe space for people to unwind, not for us to start scrolling past adverts.

I have seen you already. Noted
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Danhumprey: 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
purplecoco:
Lmao right

Mayapop? shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.