Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (639145 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Introvertmemer(m): 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
Ahh finally,people i can relate with

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by purplecoco(f): 4:06am On Sep 20, 2020
Danhumprey:

Mayapop? shocked
bruh you found me grin what’s good? Omg
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Danhumprey: 8:23am On Sep 20, 2020
purplecoco:
bruh you found me grin what’s good? Omg
You sneaky, sneaky one! grin

I thought I had come across this your new moniker sometimes ago, but it didn't occur to me that you're the one. So I just let it be. But something was telling me that purple font was your signature style of typing here on Nairaland. grin

Girl! Come on! grin

DM!
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dreaizy(m): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2020
Hello fellow introverts, how do you deal with this billing culture?
To make people like me, I use to give. I gave to the extent that I lacked. In 5 years at the University, I had this friend (from a poor background) that I spent most of my money on transportation and feeding for both of us. Later, I won't have money to buy handouts at the right time. Sometimes, I had to borrow his handouts and this affected my results.
During NYSC, I got into this cooking together/brotherly stuff. This guys would spend their money on sometimes good (responsibility at home) and sometimes bad (women, clothes, alcohol) stuff and they will end up depending on my money.
In dating too, the only 2 girls I have ever dated just wanted my money.
My point is, I am too nice and I hate asking for money/help.
Most of these people don't really like me, and I will never ask them for help (help that I usually need because I am doing Mr Nice Guy).
Now I am trying to build my self and not ask anyone, including my parents for help. I don't have a regular job but I am making a little money.
Yet, people still bill me, and those who borrow never pay back.
1. I need every Kobo I make, how do I stop people from billing me?
2. How do I choose better friends?

8 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 20, 2020
Boredom is killing me undecided
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ikjosh04: 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2020
dreaizy:
To make people like me, I use to give. I gave to the extent that I lacked. In 5 years at the University, I had this friend (from a poor background) that I spent most of my money on transportation and feeding for both of us. Later, I won't have money to buy handouts at the right time. Sometimes, I had to borrow his handouts and this affected my results.
During NYSC, I got into this cooking together/brotherly stuff. This guys would spend their money on sometimes good (responsibility at home) and sometimes bad (women, clothes, alcohol) stuff and they will end up depending on my money.
Most of these people don't really like me, and I will never ask them for help (help that I usually need because I am doing Mr Nice Guy).
Now I am trying to build my self and not ask anyone, including my parents for help. I don't have a regular job but I am making a little money.

Well, when you have a goal and target to meet you won't spend or squander money anyhow.

Nigerian's are the worst set of people to borrow money. They don't pay back.

My money is with some friends that have refused to pay me back for months now and this are people I know that can normally pay me the borrowed money cause I know they are financially okay but where just in a tight corner when they requested to borrow the funds from me.

For better friends, honestly I don't know. I need better friends too and I do my best to be a good person too that's why most times I give people so when I'm in need I'll find favour from a helper.

In my whole wide world, I have no one I can lean on for both financial or any type of help.

Even people I call family, their own is to drain someone. It's not easy anywhere though so I don't blame them. Our prayers is God to bless everyone.

5 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by tot(f): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
dreaizy:

Simply learn to say No.
You have to become assertive and not allow people use you for their selfish interests.

A good friend is better than no friend, but no friend is better than a bad friend or user.

9 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by purplecoco(f): 10:46pm On Sep 20, 2020
Danhumprey:
You sneaky, sneaky one! grin

I thought I had come across this your new moniker sometimes ago, but it didn't occur to me that you're the one. So I just let it be. But something was telling me that purple font was your signature style of typing here on Nairaland. grin

Girl! Come on! grin

DM!
lol I kinda saw yours one time, but I felt you’d have forgotten about me. cheesy But it so good to see you tho haha. Lemme check my Dm real quick grin

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xzbit91: 12:57am On Sep 21, 2020
dreaizy:

Don't you have ambitions in life?

The major reason why you give out all your earnings, even to the point of lacking is because you don't have anything to do with it.

A man with clear cut aspirations and goals will never be a 'yes man' to every request from every Dick and Harry in his life.

You better develop a spine before you're squeezed for all you're worth and run into the ground.

Set reasonable and clear deadlines for your goals and you will see that the money you're giving out isn't even enough for you.

If you're waiting for people to stop billing you, you are in for a long ride. They'll continue to bill you as long as you make yourself available to be billed.

Remember if you were to fall down and die today, life will go on and they will survive. So don't kill yourself because you want to be liked. People who will like you, will like you, you don't have to pay for it.

Think of all the people you like, did they pay you to like them? The relationships with the strongest bonds are not built with money.

You can deny someone's request without severing the relationship. It depends on how you go about it. For example, when someone requests money from me and I have it but don't feel like giving it away, I tell the person I've already given out money and what's left with me is for my upkeep.

Now unless such person doesn't mean well for you he /she will leave you alone. Other times, I give what I can afford so when they don't pay back, I'm not hurt much.

But most of the time I give to people who are credit worthy. That means I only give my colleagues and other people I know are working and who have the means to pay back.

Sometimes people who are working too disappoint, but before that I test the waters by giving them what I can afford to lose that way even if they fail to pay back they won't have the gall to ask me for help again.

You have to assess all your relationships one-by-one and be honest with yourself what has each person added to your life. It doesn't have to be monetary value. It can be companionship, the one who gives advice, the one who gives you listening ear etc.,

Anyone that has been a net negative, cut them off. They're parasites. Make friends with like minded people. Especially those who can help you achieve your goals in life.

14 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Danhumprey: 11:39am On Sep 21, 2020
purplecoco:
lol I kinda saw yours one time, but I felt you’d have forgotten about me. cheesy But it so good to see you tho haha. Lemme check my Dm real quick grin
LoL... I wasn't going to so easily forget you guys na. You guys made my time on Nairaland really fun and worth it back then. We were a group, a close knit. We were almost on every threads together. grin

Still awaiting your response in the DM.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by dreaizy(m): 4:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
Xzbit91:

Don't you have ambitions in life?

The major reason why you give out all your earnings, even to the point of lacking is because you don't have anything to do with it.

A man with clear cut aspirations and goals will never be a 'yes man' to every request from every Dick and Harry in his life.

You better develop a spine before you're squeezed for all you're worth and run into the ground.

Set reasonable and clear deadlines for your goals and you will see that the money you're giving out isn't even enough for you.

If you're waiting for people to stop billing you, you are in for a long ride. They'll continue to bill you as long as you make yourself available to be billed.

Remember if you were to fall down and die today, life will go on and they will survive. So don't kill yourself because you want to be liked. People who will like you, will like you, you don't have to pay for it.

Think of all the people you like, did they pay you to like them? The relationships with the strongest bonds are not built with money.

You can deny someone's request without severing the relationship. It depends on how you go about it. For example, when someone requests money from me and I have it but don't feel like giving it away, I tell the person I've already given out money and what's left with me is for my upkeep.

Now unless such person doesn't mean well for you he /she will leave you alone. Other times, I give what I can afford so when they don't pay back, I'm not hurt much.

But most of the time I give to people who are credit worthy. That means I only give my colleagues and other people I know are working and who have the means to pay back.

Sometimes people who are working too disappoint, but before that I test the waters by giving them what I can afford to lose that way even if they fail to pay back they won't have the gall to ask me for help again.

You have to assess all your relationships one-by-one and be honest with yourself what has each person added to your life. It doesn't have to be monetary value. It can be companionship, the one who gives advice, the one who gives you listening ear etc.,

Anyone that has been a net negative, cut them off. They're parasites. Make friends with like minded people. Especially those who can help you achieve your goals in life.
WOW guys great replies, I have found myself saying a lot of "No" recently. That's one of the reasons why I realise that I didn't really have any true friends. My birthday was last week, and I realized that most of these guys don't even know my birthday or care to send their wishes. They know nothing about you, yet they are always ready to bill you.

7 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Xzbit91: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
dreaizy:

WOW guys great replies, I have found myself saying a lot of "No" recently. That's one of the reasons why I realise that I didn't really have any true friends. My birthday was last week, and I realized that most of these guys don't even know my birthday or care to send their wishes. They know nothing about you, yet they are always ready to bill you.

It's great to give when you have the capacity. The key to a balanced and fulfilled is knowing when and how to say no. Sometimes you'll be called on to make sacrifices and your goals will have to take a backseat.

You have to find that fine line between being selfish and being someone else's 'knight in shinning armour'.

Even spouses sometimes forget each others birthdays and anniversaries. What should really count is if they treat you the love and respect you deserve.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by omosiano(m): 8:59am On Sep 22, 2020
dreaizy:
It's simple brother..... You just have to learn the habit of saying Capital No..... And stand by it even if the person is dieing...... Which most times they aren't.
And about friends..... It depend on your definition of that word..... Cos I only have just 2 or 3 friends who I can help in time of need and vice versa ...... The rest are just people I know..... I can't kill myself for them.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 4lorunsho(m): 8:29am On Sep 30, 2020
Introvert.... You will need this. Its 4k

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mrsteel: 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2020
4lorunsho:
Introvert.... You will need this. Its 4k
What is this?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by CeezMedia: 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2020
this is a complete falacy

Ajibel:
Introverts dont have a lounge.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajibel(m): 6:51am On Oct 02, 2020
CeezMedia:
this is a complete falacy

That was my opinion 6 years ago lipsrsealed grin

This thread still dey sef cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mrsteel: 8:59am On Oct 02, 2020
Ajibel:

That was my opinion 6 years ago lipsrsealed grin

This thread still dey sef cheesy
What is it with u & Python?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajibel(m): 9:01am On Oct 02, 2020
mrsteel:

What is it with u & Python?

Lol I'm a Python programmer cool

Python is a programming language
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mrsteel: 9:06am On Oct 02, 2020
Ajibel:

Lol I'm a Python programmer cool

Python is a programming language
Okayyy thought as much
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajibel(m): 9:10am On Oct 02, 2020
mrsteel:

Okayyy thought as much

Are you into programming too?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mrsteel: 9:37am On Oct 02, 2020
Ajibel:

Are you into programming too?
Just basic html & java
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by naiirablog: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2020
Fellow introverts please check out my video on introversion. Ensure to like share and subscribe. thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6xvMYDBkoQ

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajibel(m): 9:57am On Oct 02, 2020
mrsteel:

Just basic html & java

Oh cool. You intend using Java (Spring?) as your backend for web development?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by mrsteel: 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ajibel:

Oh cool. You intend using Java (Spring?) as your backend for web development?
Hopefully sir
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ajibel(m): 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
mrsteel:

Hopefully sir

Alright. All the best bro smiley
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by sheepheart(f): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2020
whocares1:
Boredom is killing mpe undecided
You shouldn't be on this thread then cos only people who are enjoying their boredom laidat are here. What are your expectations?

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ugmama(m): 11:09am On Oct 04, 2020
I have been indoors going through my life, and seeking a breakthrough which I hope to create through business exploration.

Fellow Introverts, any business ideas you know of that a 8 to 5pm civil servant could do as a side hustle.

NB: Forex, MMM, bitcoin, multilevel marketing please back off
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by vitmax(m): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2020
When i tell my friends i sars does not disturb me, they always doubt me.

I rarely go to party
I watch ball at home
My only outing is on weekends to get essential stuff.

And as for my friends , Regular customers with sars

P.s: when ever i see sars or police, i always frown and they don't come near me.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
sheepheart:

You shouldn't be on this thread then cos only people who are enjoying their boredom laidat are here. What are your expectations?

Nothing really. Still holding on to my virtual friends
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by naiirablog: 8:41am On Oct 05, 2020
Ugmama:
I have been indoors going through my life, and seeking a breakthrough which I hope to create through business exploration.

Fellow Introverts, any business ideas you know of that a 8 to 5pm civil servant could do as a side hustle.

NB: Forex, MMM, bitcoin, multilevel marketing please back off

Something like what i am doing below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6xvMYDBkoQ
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by hpk(m): 11:51am On Oct 05, 2020
dreaizy:

Answer to number 1: Inculcate the habit of saying "This is not a good time, I am barely managing myself. I wish I could help out"

It saves everyone headache and guilt tripping.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.