Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,656 members, 7,827,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45492 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by sheelay(m): 5:28am On Jul 27, 2014
lawanson44:

Shutup! Ojukwu did not want war. He decided the the the igbos secede from Nigeria but una no gree because of greed and declared war on Biafra. Stop saying what you don't know
U see what in saying? This bickering wouldn't have happened if there hadn't been a civil war..... We would have lived as brothers n sisters..... That is the aftermath of war..... accusations n counter accusations..... We don't need this considering the economic imbroglio we r in...... We're the common man..... We'd be the one to feel it most
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 27, 2014
Its as if our yoruba fellas think war is like abiola riot where no other tribe is paying attention. Hmmmm!!! This time around, if you aren't strong enough to protect your land, other tribes will infiltrate and take it from you. Its gonna be like fighting till death, there's no way millions of yorubas won't die. For we igbos, we are experienced, though am not advocating for war, but if it has to come? They say experience is the best teacher. For the hausas, they kill spontaneously, they are very gullible and readily listen to their leaders. All in all, this war we are agitating is gonna be bloody and brutal, be rest assured.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:49am On Jul 27, 2014
lawanson44:

Shutup! Ojukwu did not want war. He decided the the the igbos secede from Nigeria but una no gree because of greed and declared war on Biafra. Stop saying what you don't know
Rubbish!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:51am On Jul 27, 2014
nwabekeyi: Its as if our yoruba fellas think war is like abiola riot where no other tribe is paying attention. Hmmmm!!! This time around, if you aren't strong enough to protect your land, other tribes will infiltrate and take it from you. Its gonna be like fighting till death, there's no way millions of yorubas won't die. For we igbos, we are experienced, though am not advocating for war, but if it has to come? They say experience is the best teacher. For the hausas, they kill spontaneously, they are very gullible and readily listen to their leaders. All in all, this war we are agitating is gonna be bloody and brutal, be rest assured.
If a Yoruba had said this to an Igbo, you would say you are hated.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by tit(f): 5:54am On Jul 27, 2014
We want peace in Sa Leone!
War no good.
I was just joking when I said I will beat you.
haba?
I am a woman of peace.
#WhoWanDie?
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
If a Yoruba had said this to an Igbo, you would say you are hated.
I had to remind you guys what will happen, so you can brazen-up. By then, we will know the real tribe not by online ranting, lemme make it clear that a WAR is million folds more bloody than a RIOT.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Osahenoma(m): 6:08am On Jul 27, 2014
The truth is anybody seeking for peace must first of all fight a war. You know why, because the barbarian beating the drum for war won't stop if approached peacefully so war need to be taking to them and u justice will ever win over injustice.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 27, 2014
Leibnitz: If war can end all these injustice in the polity let be it... angry angry
good morning Idiot.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Pesuzok(m): 7:15am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Yes, war is bad and disastrous; OP, war is also a means of resolving issues that have defied peaceful means of settlement. If every peaceful move in resolving our current challenges has proven abortive, I'm afraid, I won't object war. If I live, I live; if I die, I die.

Can you please give instances in the present day anywhere in the world where war has brought in a peaceful means of settlement.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 27, 2014
tinkinjow: There is no real beating of the drums of war in this Nigeria. What you may call war drummings are simply calls by regions to be allowed to take their affairs into their hands.
Those who are beating the real war drums are those opposed to these calls....and I think you know who they are

Are you one of them?
I hate it when I hear pips always trying to equate genuine agitation as call for war
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.
GOD BLESS U..
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Pesuzok(m): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2014
kendrick93: if it is by goin to war dat will bring peace and all dis rubbish tribalism against one tribe and also to hav a better lyf then so be it.. i hate cowards who cnt confront issues instead trying to make peace all because of fear..
whether we lyk it or nt everyone goin to die so wats d point of being a coward..i will rather die as a hero fighting dan being a coward

If you have a family and you have children, will you wish your children (lets say toddler) to go through the horrors of war, just think about it.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by emiye(m): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2014
nwabekeyi: Its as if our yoruba fellas think war is like abiola riot where no other tribe is paying attention. Hmmmm!!! This time around, if you aren't strong enough to protect your land, other tribes will infiltrate and take it from you. Its gonna be like fighting till death, there's no way millions of yorubas won't die. For we igbos, we are experienced, though am not advocating for war, but if it has to come? They say experience is the best teacher. For the hausas, they kill spontaneously, they are very gullible and readily listen to their leaders. All in all, this war we are agitating is gonna be bloody and brutal, be rest assured.

You are Igbo, your people are scattered all over the country, and you are baiting for war? Do you think there would be rationality when the war starts.? You say, there's no way millions of yorubas wont die, you must be stupid to think, millions of ibos in Lagos for example can make it out alive in a Lagos state surrounded by other yoruba states. Where will be the escape route? ogun state? benin republic ? or oyo state?

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Pesuzok(m): 7:28am On Jul 27, 2014
0rlando0woh: Fool there are worse pictures than that right now in northern Nigeria yet you are looking for examples in other countries and wars that happened decades ago. One is going on right now in front of your nose, get us pictures of that.
Typical Nigerian!
That is how they are quick to remind you of what is happening in South sudan after separation meanwhile the death and displace persons statistics in Northern Nigerian is far worse than what is obtainable in south sudan, yet your ignore yours and look far away.

If you were in the northern Nigeria where this is happening, will you have wished for what is happening whether it will bring peace or not. Those people are already seeinng what war is and i believe they would not have wished it for themselves if they knew it will be like this.

So watch what you wish for.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by abysirius(m): 7:34am On Jul 27, 2014
@ OP, kudos! I love this thread. It's thought provoking and an eye opener to all those nut heads. Hope they would listen. He who has ears...

People should learn. Stop unnecessary hatred and embrace peace. The aftermath of war no one knows. The reason many of you guys here on NL is calling for war is becos u're hungry and wretched. Think of a way to better your own life and I'm sure then u would realise how irrational it is for u to be thinking war. War destroys, and never build. It's only the poor that suffer most when there is war. Ojukwu, Awolowo, Achebe, Obasanjo, Gowon etc still live after the civil war. But did u know the no of the poor that perished? Scores.. Against all odds, I still love nigerians and wouldn't want my people to suffer. If u think peace cannot do it, I will assume we've not been patient enough. Of what use is d freedom we're fighting for when a family/clan is completely wiped out. Hw do u justify that? in war, that can happen to anyone, to any family. Whatever we resolve to do, let it be with peace. The rich/ The mighty ones in naija will flee dis nation the moment there is war outbreak leaving the poor and the innocent pple to suffer. Think... Someone should pls think.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Pesuzok(m): 7:44am On Jul 27, 2014
Any one that has a family and children that go to school...

OR

Has a job or a business that can sustain his or her family...

OR

Has an investment..., a car, a building...

OR

Is hoping for a better tomorrow...

OR

Follows up with the crisis all over the world or in northern Nigeria,

OR

Even lives in Abuja that the threat has not gotten to that of northern Nigeria

will NEVER wish for war...

I believe if you fall into any of these class above, and still shouting for war, you are not truthful, just boasting on the internet

Deep down you will never wish for war.

Unless you dont belong in any of the above...
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 27, 2014
jpphilips:

Ironically, the men who re creating the ''polity'' you wish to die for have estates abroad and the means to get there in milli seconds while you loose every breathing lineage of yours, re u not a f00l?
Ask the Ibos after war and famine ravaged their generations, was Ojukwu anywhere to be found?
Ok! Case you dont know, he ran to ivory coast where he tripled his concubines and left what is left of biafra for Effiong to salvage.

Now tell me, that history of yours is less than 60yrs old, wont it be a curse to the day u were concieved if you fail to learn from your past?

Never U mention Ojukwu again in Ur entire life! Imbe.cile
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Lanceslot(m): 7:52am On Jul 27, 2014
declaro:

Thank you OP for reminding us that the threat of war is very real in Nigeria. Unfortunately many of us youths, specifically those who were born after the Civil War, have only romanticised versions of it. They quote things like “war is peace” and other ridiculous statements made by rogues who started or gained from wars. I wish they would quote the ordinary people who were butchered or starved to death by war. I wish they would quote women who were Molested and mutilated by foot soldiers, I wish they would quote the innocent children who cried helplessly while their hungry stomachs rumbled. I wish they would imagine the terror that stalked everyone, the stench of death and blood, the frantic pleadings before the victim was hacked to death.

War is ugly my friends. It is during war that you realise your neighbour will turn against you just to stay alive. You will give your attackers money, jewellery, and all your valued possessions. But they will ask for your head instead. Nothing will give them greater joy than watching you die.

Before they do that, they will bring your loved ones before you and make you watch while they commit the most horrific torture on them. They will brutally gang-molest your wife, mother, sisters and daughters without listening to their pleadings. Not content with that, they will forcefully ram sticks or rods into their private parts. You will look on helplessly as your loved ones slowly but painfully bleed to death. Your sons, father, husband or brothers will not be spared, they will be castrated in front of you before being beheaded.
War is not pretty.

Learn from the Tutsi Rwandans, they experienced unimaginable horrors. The survivors are not better than the dead. They still wake up in cold sweat from nightmares. They still hear the screams and smell the stench of rotting bodies. They still see the sights of horribly mutilated dead bodies. They still suffer from post traumatic stress disorders.

You think America, Britain, France or the African Union will come to our aid? Think again. They abandoned Rwanda, they will refuse to be part of a Black-on-Black war. Besides they know how brutal Blacks are even to outside help. They haven’t forgotten what the Hutus did to the Belgian soldiers who tried to protect the Prime Minister of Rwanda. Neither have they forgotten what the Somalians did to the Peacekeeping Forces. They also know what the Libyans did to the American Ambassador. No they won’t intervene, they will look on while we hack each other to bits. It’s not their war, its not their business.

Perhaps you expect other African countries to run to our help and open their borders to let us in. Have you forgotten we are the most populous Black nation on earth? Ghana, Cameroun, …etc can only take in a tiny fraction of us before closing their borders. They too will look on while our attackers hack us in front of their borders.

WAKE UP NIGERIANS. Stop the tribal bashing. The only people who will suffer will be you and I. Our religious, tribal or political leaders will zoom off in their private jets and abandon us while they watch the carnage on BBC.

For the sake of our loved ones please let us unite. The average Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik… man/woman on the street doesn’t hate you. He/she wants what you want: peace and progress and a better life for their kids. Please refuse to be used by selfish leaders who incite us to hate each other. Refuse to be used to cause war. We are human beings first before our tribe, religion or politics. Please for the sake of our innocent children, let’s work for peace. WAKE UP NIGERIANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!
Oziomaaa nke oliseburuwa!!! Otitoo dirii chukwuuu.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Pesuzok(m): 7:53am On Jul 27, 2014
judedwriter: C all dis ignoramus thread- war has already started! Nigeria has neva had it so bad-that able bodied men now carry bombs to kill themselves and others. What a pity undecided

Yes the war has started, so what do you wish for? for it to continue and spread through out the country up to where you are typing from or to stop...
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by abysirius(m): 7:56am On Jul 27, 2014
Lol.. Are u dt young? When there's way, there's no we. You speak for your self and immediate family. As the head of the family if u're married, u begin to think of hw to protect/ lead ur wife and kids to safety. When it is war, u can expect d unexpected be cos there will be attacks and there will be counter attacks. There will be expected attacks and there will also be unexpected ones.

My dear, war is not a carnival where u exchange greetings with ur frnds and kins men, where u hug ur guests and offer them drinks and menus. In war, one of the rules is not to underestimate ur enemies. War is destruction!

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Pesuzok(m): 7:59am On Jul 27, 2014
WAR...

So after the war what next, those shouting WAR please tell why you want WAR, because i am yet to see.

Ok after the war, you will have your own country or what? and start building from the scratch or another WAR will start within that your own small

country because everybody will start hustling for power and what have you!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by armadeo(m): 8:08am On Jul 27, 2014
Leibnitz: If war can end all these injustice in the polity let be it... angry angry

Small pikin dey worry you. Maybe you think those pics are photoshopped.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by mrgreen4real(m): 8:11am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Yes, war is bad and disastrous; OP, war is also a means of resolving issues that have defied peaceful means of settlement. If every peaceful move in resolving our current challenges has proven abortive, I'm afraid, I won't object war. If I live, I live; if I die, I die.
OGBANJE! If his world tire u go drink pia-pia nd leave us in peace. U seems to be drastically demented that u know little on the negative impact of war. I wonder why u reason like afghanistan RAM that u don't care if u die. Ogbanje ask ur father how biafra war took many souls. He who eagerly seek death will soon die nd he who want to live long will live long. Pls go educated urself about war.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Pesuzok(m): 8:13am On Jul 27, 2014
Feraz: As usual, the Igbos are being pointed as the one agitating for war. People killing up north for no just cause aren't beating the drums of war, it is only those who hustle and travel every part of Nigeria to make a living that are beating the drums of war; the people that riot for something happening in another continent, going as far as burning, killing and maiming people aren't agitating for war right? Typical of certain Nairalanders. The OP raised salient issues and most have started pointing accusing fingers.

Kabba7, have you invested down east and you were chased out? You open your mouth to accuse a certain people of wanting to take over your land; when someone sees opportunities in your land that you can't see, do you blame the person? Typical you! Always ready to pin his problems on others.

As expected, it's turned tribal... undecided

Preach on...

I wonder why the hatred for igbo is this much in Nigeria. Everywhere you turn to.

Now they are accusing igbos for beating the drums for war while an average igbo wants to go about his normal business no matter how small just to make a living.

Even the so called biafra, only a fraction of igbos still say that, no igbo that experienced the war will wish for that again.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 27, 2014
emiye:

You are Igbo, your people are scattered all over the country, and you are baiting for war? Do you think there would be rationality when the war starts.? You say, there's no way millions of yorubas wont die, you must be stupid to think, millions of ibos in Lagos for example can make it out alive in a Lagos state surrounded by other yoruba states. Where will be the escape route? ogun state? benin republic ? or oyo state?
I have nothing else to telll you, let the time come then we shall see, you are still seeing a war like a riot, yorubas won't be even safe in yoruba land by then, that's what a war looks like. grin cheesy cheesy
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Pesuzok(m): 8:19am On Jul 27, 2014
Those wishing for war should please join that army and go and fight in borno first lets be sure they want war.

Not even before the war they will start looking for countries to run to, then who will fight the war for them.

The war has started, enlist and go and fight.

As for me, i dont want war, if at all it will start, i pray to God to give me a way to leave the country with my family.

If you like call it fear, i dont mind

I DEY FEAR!!!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 27, 2014
abysirius: Lol.. Are u dt young? When there's way, there's no we. You speak for your self and immediate family. As the head of the family if u're married, u begin to think of hw to protect/ lead ur wife and kids to safety. When it is war, u can expect d unexpected be cos there will be attacks and there will be counter attacks. There will be expected attacks and there will also be unexpected ones.

My dear, war is not a carnival where u exchange greetings with ur frnds and kins men, where u hug ur guests and offer them drinks and menus. In war, one of the rules is not to underestimate ur enemies. War is destruction!
we are saying same thing, yorubas think they will be able to protect their boundaries when the time comes, bro a war isn't june 12 riot, it will bring a scenario where you won't even be safe in your own land, e go dey happen koro koro under your nose. You think germany was destroyed by germans during the world war ? No brother.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by mrgreen4real(m): 8:21am On Jul 27, 2014
abysirius: @ OP, kudos! I love this thread. It's thought provoking and an eye opener to all those nut heads. Hope they would listen. He who has ears...

People should learn. Stop unnecessary hatred and embrace peace. The aftermath of war no one knows. The reason many of you guys here on NL is calling for war is becos u're hungry and wretched. Think of a way to better your own life and I'm sure then u would realise how irrational it is for u to be thinking war. War destroys, and never build. It's only the poor that suffer most when there is war. Ojukwu, Awolowo, Achebe, Obasanjo, Gowon etc still live after the civil war. But did u know the no of the poor that perished? Scores.. Against all odds, I still love nigerians and wouldn't want my people to suffer. If u think peace cannot do it, I will assume we've not been patient enough. Of what use is d freedom we're fighting for when a family/clan is completely wiped out. Hw do u justify that? in war, that can happen to anyone, to any family. Whatever we resolve to do, let it be with peace. The rich/ The mighty ones in naija will flee dis nation the moment there is war outbreak leaving the poor and the innocent pple to suffer. Think... Someone should pls think.
Bros abi na sis! U too correct. Poor and hungry pple of NL are beating war drum. We that works in Chevron always peace so that we could have time to enjoy our money
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by DECOtech(m): 8:23am On Jul 27, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

If you see me in real life,(in your dreams), shooting me will be the last thing on your mind.
hmm... are you that handsome and charming?
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 27, 2014
There's a thick line between a riot and a war, our western brothers think they can build a strong wall of jericho round their region, when the time comes, you will know that a war knows no bound. Its not a case where 200 igbos will be kill in west and 150 will be killed east, its a different ball game.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by emiye(m): 8:32am On Jul 27, 2014
nwabekeyi: I have nothing else to telll you, let the time come then we shall see, you are still seeing a war like a riot, yorubas won't be even safe in yoruba land by then, that's what a war looks like. grin cheesy cheesy

You are the one seeing war like a riot. Get this in to your thick skull, there would be no hiding place or police to mediate or protect the weaker vessel, It will be free for all. War is not fought with brawn but brain. You are probably somewhere in a yorubaland and mouthing off, i SMH at your idiocy. If you are in Lagos, do you think you will hide in our protected barracks or displacement centres. Stop wishing death in millions for your people ,you wicked dolt.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by emiye(m): 8:43am On Jul 27, 2014
nwabekeyi: There's a thick line between a riot and a war, our western brothers think they can build a strong wall of jericho round their region, when the time comes, you will know that a war knows no bound. Its not a case where 200 igbos will be kill in west and 150 will be killed east, its a different ball game.
So tell me the game, War is successfully executed with superior strategy. Ibos already placed themselves at disadvantaged position by their highly migrant nature, this is not 1967, this is 2014.

Before the biafran declaration in , Ojukwu in late 1966 asked all ibos outside the biafran region to return, how many ibos were outside the biafran region then versus 2014 ? My mum talks about how moving buses were stopped and inspected for ibos, any anyone found the skull of such was smashed on the floor with soldier boots, due to the fact she is fair in complexion, she was usually harrassed with "shey you be ibo ?" question in market places,....

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:55am On Jul 27, 2014
DECOtech: hmm... are you that handsome and charming?

Why do you think Lucifer loves me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

VP Shettima Insists Buhari Sits On His Seat Out Of Respect In Borno (Video) / Oluremi Tinubu Slips Navy Patrol Vessels Into Water / Alargarno Spiritual Headquarters Of Boko Haram (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.