Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,134 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45445 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 8:57am On Jul 27, 2014
Lanceslot: And what's wrong with a group of people trying to liberate their selves, Biafra want to go, allow them to go in peace its as simple as that, nobody is calling for war and nobody is afraid of war.

Thank you OP for reminding us that the threat of war is very real in Nigeria. Unfortunately many of us youths, specifically those who were born after the Civil War, have only romanticised versions of it. They quote things like “war is peace” and other ridiculous statements made by rogues who started or gained from wars. I wish they would quote the ordinary people who were butchered or starved to death by war. I wish they would quote women who were Molested and mutilated by foot soldiers, I wish they would quote the innocent children who cried helplessly while their hungry stomachs rumbled. I wish they would imagine the terror that stalked everyone, the stench of death and blood, the frantic pleadings before the victim was hacked to death.

War is ugly my friends. It is during war that you realise your neighbour will turn against you just to stay alive. You will give your attackers money, jewellery, and all your valued possessions. But they will ask for your head instead. Nothing will give them greater joy than watching you die.

Before they do that, they will bring your loved ones before you and make you watch while they commit the most horrific torture on them. They will brutally gang-molest your wife, mother, sisters and daughters without listening to their pleadings. Not content with that, they will forcefully ram sticks or rods into their private parts. You will look on helplessly as your loved ones slowly but painfully bleed to death. Your sons, father, husband or brothers will not be spared, they will be castrated in front of you before being beheaded.
War is not pretty.

Learn from the Tutsi Rwandans, they experienced unimaginable horrors. The survivors are not better than the dead. They still wake up in cold sweat from nightmares. They still hear the screams and smell the stench of rotting bodies. They still see the sights of horribly mutilated dead bodies. They still suffer from post traumatic stress disorders.

You think America, Britain, France or the African Union will come to our aid? Think again. They abandoned Rwanda, they will refuse to be part of a Black-on-Black war. Besides they know how brutal Blacks are even to outside help. They haven’t forgotten what the Hutus did to the Belgian soldiers who tried to protect the Prime Minister of Rwanda. Neither have they forgotten what the Somalians did to the Peacekeeping Forces. They also know what the Libyans did to the American Ambassador. No they won’t intervene, they will look on while we hack each other to bits. It’s not their war, its not their business.

Perhaps you expect other African countries to run to our help and open their borders to let us in. Have you forgotten we are the most populous Black nation on earth? Ghana, Cameroun, …etc can only take in a tiny fraction of us before closing their borders. They too will look on while our attackers hack us in front of their borders.

WAKE UP NIGERIANS. Stop the tribal bashing. The only people who will suffer will be you and I. Our religious, tribal or political leaders will zoom off in their private jets and abandon us while they watch the carnage on BBC.

For the sake of our loved ones please let us unite. The average Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik… man/woman on the street doesn’t hate you. He/she wants what you want: peace and progress and a better life for their kids. Please refuse to be used by selfish leaders who incite us to hate each other. Refuse to be used to cause war. We are human beings first before our tribe, religion or politics. Please for the sake of our innocent children, let’s work for peace. WAKE UP NIGERIANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 8:57am On Jul 27, 2014
BABANlaraba: Liberia

Thank you OP for reminding us that the threat of war is very real in Nigeria. Unfortunately many of us youths, specifically those who were born after the Civil War, have only romanticised versions of it. They quote things like “war is peace” and other ridiculous statements made by rogues who started or gained from wars. I wish they would quote the ordinary people who were butchered or starved to death by war. I wish they would quote women who were Molested and mutilated by foot soldiers, I wish they would quote the innocent children who cried helplessly while their hungry stomachs rumbled. I wish they would imagine the terror that stalked everyone, the stench of death and blood, the frantic pleadings before the victim was hacked to death.

War is ugly my friends. It is during war that you realise your neighbour will turn against you just to stay alive. You will give your attackers money, jewellery, and all your valued possessions. But they will ask for your head instead. Nothing will give them greater joy than watching you die.

Before they do that, they will bring your loved ones before you and make you watch while they commit the most horrific torture on them. They will brutally gang-molest your wife, mother, sisters and daughters without listening to their pleadings. Not content with that, they will forcefully ram sticks or rods into their private parts. You will look on helplessly as your loved ones slowly but painfully bleed to death. Your sons, father, husband or brothers will not be spared, they will be castrated in front of you before being beheaded.
War is not pretty.

Learn from the Tutsi Rwandans, they experienced unimaginable horrors. The survivors are not better than the dead. They still wake up in cold sweat from nightmares. They still hear the screams and smell the stench of rotting bodies. They still see the sights of horribly mutilated dead bodies. They still suffer from post traumatic stress disorders.

You think America, Britain, France or the African Union will come to our aid? Think again. They abandoned Rwanda, they will refuse to be part of a Black-on-Black war. Besides they know how brutal Blacks are even to outside help. They haven’t forgotten what the Hutus did to the Belgian soldiers who tried to protect the Prime Minister of Rwanda. Neither have they forgotten what the Somalians did to the Peacekeeping Forces. They also know what the Libyans did to the American Ambassador. No they won’t intervene, they will look on while we hack each other to bits. It’s not their war, its not their business.

Perhaps you expect other African countries to run to our help and open their borders to let us in. Have you forgotten we are the most populous Black nation on earth? Ghana, Cameroun, …etc can only take in a tiny fraction of us before closing their borders. They too will look on while our attackers hack us in front of their borders.

WAKE UP NIGERIANS. Stop the tribal bashing. The only people who will suffer will be you and I. Our religious, tribal or political leaders will zoom off in their private jets and abandon us while they watch the carnage on BBC.

For the sake of our loved ones please let us unite. The average Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik… man/woman on the street doesn’t hate you. He/she wants what you want: peace and progress and a better life for their kids. Please refuse to be used by selfish leaders who incite us to hate each other. Refuse to be used to cause war. We are human beings first before our tribe, religion or politics. Please for the sake of our innocent children, let’s work for peace. WAKE UP NIGERIANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!
50calibre: I've always been an advocate of one Nigeria but events of the last few years has changed my mind, Nigeria is heading nowhere.

The earlier Biafra pulls away from the cancer called Nigeria, the better.

However, independence is easier said than done. Such things require vision and adequate planning. First of all, we the Igbos need to eschew ourselves of the very vices that has so corrupted Nigeria as a country, else Biafra becomes the same product.

Most right thinking people feel disillusioned with the country and it's prospects, Nigeria is never going to work due to the lack of a collective vision or understanding. Nigeria's diversity is its failure, so many people who shouldn't even be together. You don't put humans and animals together and expect something good. The northerners are a different breed, an inferior savage breed, they shouldn't be close to civilisation.

It's time for like minded people to come together and forge their own future away from hinderances

Biafra will come to fruition, the question is; how many lives will it cost. If care isn't taken, there will be another civil war and this time it won't be one sided

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 8:58am On Jul 27, 2014
jamace: grin grin You don't need to call on war to happen. When its season comes, you will see it. And no one will be able to stop it until its season elapses.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 9:00am On Jul 27, 2014
severee:

grin yinmu! If una hear BOOM! Na under table una go hide

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 9:02am On Jul 27, 2014
baby124: sad
It's always the little ones and elderly that suffer. Nigeria should peacefully return to regional government

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 9:07am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
You've made a point, but stop using the same comment in your quoting. It is spamming and makes it look uninteresting.

All that I'm doing is to make sure that everyone in this thread reads it. I know it looks like spamming but I have to do it for our country. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by texanomaly(f): 9:11am On Jul 27, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Why do you think Lucifer loves me?

*rolls eyes*

Pic or I don't believe you.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 27, 2014
emiye:

You are the one seeing war like a riot. Get this in to your thick skull, there would be no hiding place or police to mediate or protect the weaker vessel, It will be free for all. War is not fought with brawn but brain. You are probably somewhere in a yorubaland and mouthing off, i SMH at your idiocy. If you are in Lagos, do you think you will hide in our protected barracks or displacement centres. Stop wishing death in millions for your people ,you wicked dolt.
ok, we shall see how you will use your brain. But I didn't insult you, that's why your people disgust me, any small thing they resort to cheap insults.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 27, 2014
declaro:

War is not pretty.

Can't the Mods please ban this lunatic? U're spamming this thread. U're part of the problem we have in Nigeria. The major reason why we're on the brink of war. People want to express their opinion and U won't let them! Just stop constituting a nuisance
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 9:20am On Jul 27, 2014
nnekamezor: I think sosad shocked... Wat a terrible way to die;(

War is not pretty.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 9:20am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
You've made a point, but stop using the same comment in your quoting. It is spamming and makes it look uninteresting.

All that I'm doing is to make sure that everyone in this thread reads it. I know it looks like spamming but I have to do it for our country. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by emiye(m): 9:23am On Jul 27, 2014
nwabekeyi: ok, we shall see how you will use your brain. But I didn't insult you, that's why your people disgust me, any small thing they resort to cheap insults.

I am calling you back to reality, stop the fantasy war you are agitating for. You are the most disadvantaged, I love the ibos enough to know that, It will do your people no good, stop the hate.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:26am On Jul 27, 2014
texanomaly:

*rolls eyes*

Pic or I don't believe you.

This is not me. But it gives you an idea.
PS: I'm a lot finer and richer.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by 50calibre(m): 9:35am On Jul 27, 2014
declaro:

War is not pretty.

You're so right my friend. History and current happenings around the world has shown that war hardly brings a long lasting solution to grievances.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 9:39am On Jul 27, 2014
ofenmanucom:

Can't the Mods please ban this lunatic? U're spamming this thread. U're part of the problem we have in Nigeria. The major reason why we're on the brink of war. People want to express their opinion and U won't let them! Just stop constituting a nuisance

I'm sorry for doing this but that is only means I have to save our beautiful nation. I'm a common man which has no influence to speak out my points in any organisation, LG, State or Nigeria and I found this wonderful opportunity to work for the good of our country. I want Nigerians to unity in peace and achieve greatness just like United States.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by eposho: 9:47am On Jul 27, 2014
@bloody 50 calibre , I think you are actually the war monger. your message is becoming irritating .
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by prettyboi1(m): 10:28am On Jul 27, 2014
The people drumming for one are just ignorant illiterate mo'fus that don't have any clue what war is. Go to Borno (that isn't even experiencing an all-out war but covert terrorist attacks) and ask Nigerians living there what it feels like to be living in fear everyday & when you understand that,imagine for yourself what it would feel like around the nation.
We just always choose to be foolish,dull and daft people in this country. What do you goats know about war? You all think war is a food buffet? Smh.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ChristLight: 10:36am On Jul 27, 2014
declaro:

I'm sorry for doing this but that is only means I have to save our beautiful nation. I'm a common man which has no influence to speak out my points in any organisation, LG, State or Nigeria and I found this wonderful opportunity to work for the good of our country. I want Nigerians to unity in peace and achieve greatness just like United States.
Ok pls stop... Most people have read your post.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by armadeo(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2014
seyipee2011: Lets ease the pressure here with some hot gist>>>
Jennifer Lopez: Still Glowing & Beautiful at 45 [PICTURE]
http://www.seyipeters.com/jennifer-lopez-still-glowing-beautiful-at-45-picture/

The hustle is real.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 10:45am On Jul 27, 2014
50calibre:

You're so right my friend. History and current around the world had shown that war hardly brings a long lasting solution to grievances.

Thanks
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Bakersfield: 10:59am On Jul 27, 2014
ezelous: The Yorubas talk as if they are actually ready for war.
The southwest fight with their BRAINS NOT BRAWNS .
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by sheelay(m): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2014
For any sane being, the thoughts of war should send chills down ones spine..... Think of people u r seeing, hugging n sharing foods n drinks with everyday, suddenly going for ur jugular, clamouring for yours n the blood of ur family.... Think of the menace of seeing ur sisters, mum, daughters, being ravaged while u r being forced to watch on at gun point, think of the cries of ur four year old child being forcefully taken away from you, think of the way u have to constantly beat urself up for not being able to protect the ur family, If u survive the war. You'd even wish u r dead! Think of the eerie feeling of being the only one alive among scores of corpses..... And hunger? There would be do little to eat n drink, yet people would even kill themselves on the spot fighting for food n water..... Family would turn against each other when the instincts for survival kicks in.... And yet, you won't even know when it's gonna stop..... Ask your Rwandan or Liberian friends, and they'd tell u they wish they were dead..... Nobody, again Nobody makes full recovery from war..... It's d devil's tool, run away from it
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Bakersfield: 11:16am On Jul 27, 2014
I appeal to my fellow Nigerians to allow this MARRIAGE CALLED NIGERIA work. WAR

is not the way out of this mess we found ourselves. The politicians -looters are winning

dining in Abuja.

These is my 2kobo :
1. Nigerians should vote for a leader with these attributes come 2015
A) Character
B) Capacity
C) Competence.

These is the only way out.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by hummerwise(m): 11:17am On Jul 27, 2014
declaro:

War is not pretty.

wish i cud hug you for this......
i hope those craven for war cud read this the way av done...
i wont still be surprise even after reading this some will still be clamouring for war.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by jpphilips(m): 11:23am On Jul 27, 2014
Leibnitz: If war can end all these injustice in the polity let be it... angry angry

poverty speaking, if you could afford the good things of life, you wont be in a hurry to become a tent living refugee in Benin Republic.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by MrHighSea: 11:26am On Jul 27, 2014
Too much talk.
#practice flyin F-16, Keeps cleanin his RPG, makin ogbonigwe, build undaground, hoard food items.#
Nigeria z goin to war wit d Obamas n Camerons.
If we r fightin ourselves again... I TINK I CN SPEAK FRENCH because i'l #put practice in a bag n trek 40days 40nights to...chai, my f n f, neighbours. Thoughts n emotions flowin, go back home.
MAKE PEACE TODAY.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 27, 2014
Hmmmm what my eyes saw this morning on Aljazeera wasn't funny.
Hamas is looking for trouble while the people of Gaza especially women and children are paying for it.

The people of Gaza are not only cursing the Isrealis but the whole of Arab Nation and those who claim to be true muslims but they are terrorists.

@ Op,war isn't a good thing and no one prays for it even thou the cowards come on line asking for war and running their mouths like a loose tap head when they can't even stand it or survive the way,the Igbos did(no tribe would have survived it and bounced back stronger like we did).
While reading 'there was a country" I shed tears.my dad told me the story,he was only a child then whose 16yrs older brother was a biafran soldier. I loved my Grand mum more,couldn't imagine how she managed her family that period thou she lost her last babies(twins)to the war but she and all those who survived became my hero.
Three million women and children killed and till date no one questions that. No wonder they tried to shut Achebe up by criticizing his book but then,the untold story have been told. Ojukwu didn't start the war as he is being constantly accused of even by cowards and slaves who will pee in their pants @ the sight of a gun!
But rather than constant disagreement among tribes in Nigeria,its best we go our different ways. Yes,we can do that in peace.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by simdam500(m): 11:34am On Jul 27, 2014
War wont solve our problems, it will only drive us backward, crash our amenities, destroy lives, the leaders of tomorrow will perish and the hidden jungle in us will take over... Y go into a war where only the elders on the throne will still live and the low life people will just die (why are we in a war Isn't it to eradicate the nigera elderly fools?) why then do the less privillege have to die and the bad leaders still have to remain...

I torn my drum of war, since i knew my right from wrong... So lets do the same too, and take the right step...
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Harmvirus(f): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2014
frankben: lol... grin grin

so you too played the game

Ehen na.. I b confirm Naija Pikin grin
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ceeceeco: 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
Hahahahahaha! Human beings. Lets keep doing wat we are doing in dis life, God is watching. It's wen u die dat u'll wake up 4rm ur sleep. War or no war, man must die. Even some people who claim 2 be the strongest men dies. Osama is dead, Gadafi is dead & so on. So who are we? We only knw hw 2 kill, yet we cnt even create a single soul. Who even gave us d right 2 kill? Wat matters is hw u lived while alive, & d worst of it all is dat there's no 2nd chance. Sometimes i wonder why are we fighting in dis life? Wat are we fighting 4? Notin belongs 2 us, yet we keep fighting over nothing. All is vanity!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by jpphilips(m): 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^You're not making any sense......all in a bid to get in a dig at Ikemba! Where did the guy you quoted say he wants to die for Nigeria?

comprehension problem is not a license for buffoonery, where you dont understand, ask the relevant questions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Fayose Storms Olubadan's Coronation In Native Style - Photos / Bashir El-rufai Under Fire For Calling Fayose A "Vagabond" On Twitter (snapshots / PDP Member Stabbed To Death In Dekina, Kogi (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.