Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,606 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. (33150 Views)

ANTI-GAY LAW: We’ll Pressure Nigeria To Reverse The Law – United States / America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal / Uganda's Ugliest Man, Godfrey Baguma Welcomes 8th Child With His 2nd Wife (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by kobonaire(m): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

No. It is not entirely illegal in the US. It wouldn't take a lot of time to look that up. It's not a secret.

Polygamy is unequal because of its INHERENT unbalance. Not to mention the additional financial benefits that a polygamist would receive from the government. The potential for abuse with fake marriages. There are endless arguments.

But the bottom line is, it's not based on morality.

So there is absolutely NO comparison between polygamy laws and thus barbaric, COLONIAL-BASED legalized violation of human rights.
they can easily amend that financial aspect by stipulating that benefits are only due to one married partner ... or that benefits for one allocated individual will be shared by all the spouses.
Polygamy is illegal in the US :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy_in_North_America
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
KiKatanga:
And you think it would be better if they were sleeping with women? Surely if you sleep with women, you should be happiest if all of the gay men can enjoy sleeping with other men, rather than infecting all of the women, too?

And what's the correlation between the stats that I posted and what you wrote up there?

1). You posited historical junk about the occurrence of homosexuality on the Africa continent. I asked you for academic proofs to back that up. However, you can't post any.

2). I posted stats about how much of an epidemic HIV/AIDS is in the LGBT community in the west. And all you could muster was the irrelevant junk above?

Le sigh! How about stay in one place and stop going on a tangent?
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

Please ignore him. He will usurp this entire thread. I'm not here to read his rants.

You're right -- It's just so tempting to show him he's wrong, but he's too stupid even to be able to see it, let alone proof in front of his eyes. I will ignore him, thanks.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by davidif: 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
Woah! An independent judiciary in Africa? Wow!

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by anataala: 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2014
Human Right my foot, which sentiments is that, my friend the are afraid of sanction of satanic western world, the law has come to stay in Nigeria, who ever want practice guy or lesbian can do exile to Uganda or Europe.
Symphony007: It gives me great joy that there are still countries in Africa with a judiciary that does it job without sentiments or personal feelings. No country on earth can have a constitution which protects fundamental human rights then go ahead to criminalize freedom of expression. It is ridiculous and no judiciary will stand for that. Nigeria should take note. Our supreme court must strike down ours if it gets to their desk. If our governments wants it's anti gay law to stand, then it should do a constitutional amendment were fundamental human rights is removed then a law like that can stand. But you can't claim to protect human rights and put people in jail for living their lives because you don't like how they do it. It's a mockery of constitutional democracy. You can't eat your cake and have it.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Arsenate(m): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
MissMeiya:

Please ignore him. He will usurp this entire thread. I'm not here to read his rants.
actually he's making more sense than you and the guy you quoted. people like him make me believe all hope isn't lost for the black man

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by ayobase(m): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
Symphony007: It gives me great joy that there are still countries in africa with a judiciary that does it job without sentiments or personal feelings. No country on earth can have a constitution which protects fundamental human rights then go ahead to criminalize freedom of expression. It is ridiculous and no judiciary will stand for that. Nigeria should take note. Our supreme court must strike down ours if it gets to their desk. If our governments wants it's anti gay law to stand, then it should do a constitutional amendment were fundamental human rights is removed then a law like that can stand. But you can't claim to protect human rights and put people in jail for living their lives because you don't like how they do it. It's a mockery of constitutional democracy. You can't eat your cake and have it.

you are indeed justifying fundamental human right in order to pass this gay law.

who created those rights.....the same people that initially banned.

I country without the fear of God will pass that goddam THING.

who knows if America has also threatened Uganda.

what happened to our fundamental human right of dividing this Nation.....that is the greatest fundamental human right we are being ignored on, and not this gay matter.

man wants to marry man
woman wants to marry woman

people that need to be flogged and sent to yabaleft for proper evaluation.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2014
kobonaire: they can easily amend that financial aspect by stipulating that benefits are only due to one married partner ... or that benefits for one allocated individual will be shared by all the spouses.
Polygamy is illegal in the US :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy_in_North_America

I am an American. I know what the fúck I'm talking about. It is not illegal everywhere.

Remind me what this has to do with the topic of criminalizing homosexuality with colonial laws and violating human rights again?

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
kobonaire: they can easily amend that financial aspect by stipulating that benefits are only due to one married partner ... or that benefits for one allocated individual will be shared by all the spouses.

There is no need though, as that article makes clear: as long as no legal marriage (nor the benefits of any common-law recognition) are sought, there are no practically applicable laws.

Otherwise they'd have to prosecute everyone living with a Girlfriend or Boyfriend, too --- let alone all of the Congressmen with their affairs.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
MrKnowitall: I guess these Uganda people are not as barbaric and primitive as my original assistment. Perhaps they are now beginning to exit the dark ages and enter into the 21st century.
Shut up!!!. I am a Nigerian in Uganda and I tell you that it is Nigeria that is still living in those ages. How many hours do you get eletricity and water in a day, delivered straight to your house? Right... Never! Well me I get 24. How often do you see Wifi in Nigeria and what's the speed? Well, there's no area I would go to that I don't get wifi at a minimum of 15mbps. So just shut up. The best university in Nigeria is 21st in Africa while thay have two universities in the Top 10 so shut up!!! The time that the US plane landed, I hope you saw the quality of the road ... And that is in a remote part of Kampala.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
Symphony007: there are limits. If you commit murder, you loose those rights. If you commit atrocities that affect the state or the well being of other citizens you loose those rights. Let the government prove how a consexual relationship among two adults of sound mind is a threat to the state or other citizens.

Two adult right?
Arsenate: actually he's making more sense than you and the guy you quoted. people like him make me believe all hope isn't lost for the black man

STFU. Colonial slave.

2 Likes

KiKatanga:

And you think it would be better if they were sleeping with women? Surely if you sleep with women, you should be happiest if all of the gay men can enjoy sleeping with other men, rather than infecting all of the women, too?

And by the way, your maths is broken, as the number you figures lead to would be far, far more than the actual population of gay people.
STOP ARGUING WITH THE PRIMITIVE MAN.HE IS NOT WORTH ITangry

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Abel202: 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
xp17: what crime is homosexuality ?
fuvck religion, just answer with common sense.

waiting....

I will answer you this silly question with questions:
1. What crime would you be committing as an adult male by sleeping with your mother?
2. What crime would you be committing as an adult male by sleeping with your adult sister?
3. What crime would you be committing by sleeping with your dog?

If you know the answers to the questions above, then you would also know the rather most outrageous crime a man would be committing sleeping with a fellow man....
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by benswagtt(m): 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
I see gays nd lesbians in thid room!!! Hw man go 4k man.... Eeewwww! Arant nonsense...!
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Uteghe(m): 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
cry It bleeds my heart when I hear people talking about Gay Rights. Gays got the same right a man has to eat rice with shovel instead of spoon or fork. Any individual that does that should be quarantined- that's what the lengthy jail term for gays aims to achieve. Gays don't have any right to indulge in perversion. The judgement will not stand! I trust Museveni,he won't obey it.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
Symphony007: It gives me great joy that there are still countries in africa with a judiciary that does it job without sentiments or personal feelings. No country on earth can have a constitution which protects fundamental human rights then go ahead to criminalize freedom of expression. It is ridiculous and no judiciary will stand for that. Nigeria should take note. Our supreme court must strike down ours if it gets to their desk. If our governments wants it's anti gay law to stand, then it should do a constitutional amendment were fundamental human rights is removed then a law like that can stand. But you can't claim to protect human rights and put people in jail for living their lives because you don't like how they do it. It's a mockery of constitutional democracy. You can't eat your cake and have it.

Its visa free from nigeria to uganda, all you need to do is relocate there if not, 14 years is no joke

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
Arsenate: amazing. so many closet gays around.
SO SUPORTING GAY RIGHTS MAKES ONE GAY shocked

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Calebosko(m): 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
very soon i wil rape my nerbough pikin,cus i av freedom or fundamental right,freedom of doin what u like,poo,this is why i transfer Ebola to people and bomb people,Bleep coward uganda
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
Arsenate: actually he's making more sense than you and the guy you quoted. people like him make me believe all hope isn't lost for the black man

Just humour MissMeiya - she has secret crush on me and I'm her mentor. grin
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
Uteghe: cry It bleeds my heart when I hear people talking about Gay Rights. Gays got the same right a man has to eat rice with shovel instead of spoon or fork. Any individual that does that should be quarantined- that's what the lengthy jail term for gays aims to achieve. Gays don't have any right to indulge in perversion. The judgement will not stand! I trust Museveni,he won't obey it.

LMFAO.

[size=18pt]LMFAO[/size].

DO YOU SEE HOW STÚPID THEY ARE?

THE PRESIDENT WAS LOUDLY AND OPENLY AGAINST THIS BILL.

HE WAS THE ONE TO POINT OUT THAT IT WAS PASSED ILLEGALLY.

OH MY GOD. SO DUMB.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by jhidey08(m): 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
dhammyg: NICE.WHEN WILL NIGERIANS\AFRICANS LEARN THAT WHAT TWO ADULTS CHOOSE TO DO IN THEIR BEDROOM IS NONE OF THEIR BIZ.
WE AS AS AFRICANS HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS FACING US E.G CORRUPTION.IF WE COULD PERSECUTE CORRUPT POLITICIANS THE SAME WAY WE PERSECUTE GAYS AFRICA WILL BE A BETTER PLACEwink

AND BY THE WAY DO U THINK IMPRISONING GAYS WILL MAKE THEM CHANGEOR DO U THINK LYNCHING THEM WILL MAKE THEM CHANGE

AND TO THOSE SAYING BEING GAY IS UNAFRICAN AND USING BIBLE\QURAN TO JUSTIFY THE CLAIM,PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT CHRISTAINITY AND ISLAM IS ALSO UNAFRICAN tongue
wot's d difference btw u and d gals BH is sending on suicide mission? If dere was an E-slap I would av given u a dozen of it 4 dis ur useless post. Stupid lesbian!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by rapmike(m): 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
Sealeddeal: this is not about Yankee. It is about Human right.

But Polygamy does not infringe on people's Human rights, does it?
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by xp17(m): 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
SirShymex: Stats for HIV/AIDS in the LGBT community vis-a-vis heterosexuals in America:

^^^Now let's do the maths: gays make up 4% of the male population, yet they make up 63% of all new infections among men. Now apply that to Africa and see if that won't quintuple the HIV/AIDS epidemic on the continent. That's scary, especially for a continent that's struggling to deal with the virus, at the moment.
Africans don't practice homo, yet they have more HIV in the world.

even if homos poses more risk of HIV , how is it a crime or the govt business? is that the employment, amenities and constructions they are mandated to give to the citizens?

my friend you guys are being beguiled and hoax by the govt to cover up the deficits of corrupt practices.

gbeffff to the backward movement in Africa

fact!

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by KiKatanga: 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
Uteghe: cry It bleeds my heart when I hear people talking about Gay Rights. Gays got the same right a man has to eat rice with shovel instead of spoon or fork. Any individual that does that should be quarantined- that's what the lengthy jail term for gays aims to achieve. Gays don't have any right to indulge in perversion. The judgement will not stand! I trust Museveni,he won't obey it.

I agree! There's nothing morally wrong with eating rice with shovel, even if I would, personally find it a little uncomfortable.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by BetaThings: 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2014

The Supreme court people have had their moment
Now back to the legislature - pass it like a sane country like Russia did
Full quorum, all voted, only one absention
This should be done quickly - it is CRUCIAL
Preservation of civilization, sanity and destiny of mankind depends on reasonable countries in Africa and Asia doing what is right
Say no to h.o.m.o.s.i.c.k
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
It's so pathetic that there are ìdiots wandering about that don't know what HUMAN RIGHTS are. Look at them.

Educate yourselves.
http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by 175(m): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
Symphony007: there are limits. If you commit murder, you loose those rights. If you commit atrocities that affect the state or the well being of other citizens you loose those rights. Let the government prove how a consexual relationship among two adults of sound mind is a threat to the state or other citizens.

Ok lemme prove it to you!

You see, when your gay patner bursts your Ar.se and it starts licking, that automatically becomes a problem to my Fundamental Rights to Fresh Air gringringrin

So you are advised to carry your Ar.se banging to Kenya and leave us in peace as we continue banging our Fresh poosies

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by adisa204(m): 3:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
Arsenate: say no to homosexuality. it's evil.
stealing,adultery,raping and more vices in the economy they are also even say no 2 dem also

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
dhammyg:
STOP ARGUING WITH THE PRIMITIVE MAN.HE IS NOT WORTH ITangry

And who's the primitive man?

Look at this dirty teenager from Ibadan. grin

You've never even left the primitive village of Ibadan and I doubt you can even speak English.

I feel sorry for your parents, and your future.

Get the fvck off the internet - and go play with ya mates somewhere in ya village.

Like seriously, who gave all these insolent village kids the internet for fvck sake?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by JEITO: 3:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
dhammyg: NICE.WHEN WILL NIGERIANS\AFRICANS LEARN THAT WHAT TWO ADULTS CHOOSE TO DO IN THEIR BEDROOM IS NONE OF THEIR BIZ.
WE AS AS AFRICANS HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS FACING US E.G CORRUPTION.IF WE COULD PERSECUTE CORRUPT POLITICIANS THE SAME WAY WE PERSECUTE GAYS AFRICA WILL BE A BETTER PLACEwink

AND BY THE WAY DO U THINK IMPRISONING GAYS WILL MAKE THEM CHANGEOR DO U THINK LYNCHING THEM WILL MAKE THEM CHANGE

AND TO THOSE SAYING BEING GAY IS UNAFRICAN AND USING BIBLE\QURAN TO JUSTIFY THE CLAIM,PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT CHRISTAINITY AND ISLAM IS ALSO UNAFRICAN tongue
If we go by the dictionary definition of corruption, then homosexuality, is also a form of corruption.

Btw, the fact that two adults, are in agreement over a particular matter, doesn't automatically make that matter right.
Re: BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
^^^^ That didn't take long, did it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles / General Seare Mekonnen Shot Dead In Ethiopia 'Coup Bid' Attacks / Israeli Airstrikes Pound Southern Gaza City Of Rafah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.