Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (27344 Views)

Poll: Make your choice for next president:

IBB: 6% (42 votes)
Buhari: 8% (50 votes)
Atiku: 5% (35 votes)
Marwa: 3% (19 votes)
Oshiomole: 4% (28 votes)
Okotie: 8% (53 votes)
Duke: 19% (118 votes)
Okonjo-Iweala: 9% (58 votes)
Obasanjo: 2% (17 votes)
Odili: 2% (16 votes)
Utomi: 17% (105 votes)
Yar'adua: 10% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Otuoke (bayelsa) In 2007 And 2014-google Earth... / British Arms Dealer Charged For Smuggling 80,000 Guns To Nigeria In 2007 / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by favour5(f): 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2006
angry Hey guys, when we are serious lets sound it. We are talking about the future of a devasted country and you are bringing up those that made it this way?
IBB ke? IBB - International Barban Barawo! make una no curse naija like this now! His place is in hell!
All those past leaders and militants, offered nothing when they were younger, so what will their old brain offer us now?
The number one seat wasn't made for them alone(Imean not their birth-right). Give others a chance!
THE YOUNG MUST GROW SHEKINA!
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by JayOJay(m): 1:08pm On Jul 23, 2006
Let the men go to rest, we need to try the more peaceful women at the top. IBB & co should go to hell! They av nothing to offer. Nigeria is not their property!
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by wise(m): 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2006
Can't believe Governor Donald will be leading the poll and i also voted for him because Pat Utomi is not included and they will both be a strong combination for Naija President n Vp.

Is not because Duke is handsome but because he has done alot in CrossRiver despite the little resources available.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by idiotsoul: 7:30pm On Jul 23, 2006
Non of the aboves
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by debosky(m): 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2006
mr wise ur suggestion will never be accepted, since they're both from the south-south. nigerian politics hasn't evolved that far yet
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Gomer: 12:51pm On Jul 24, 2006
favour5:

angry Hey guys, when we are serious lets sound it. We are talking about the future of a devasted country and you are bringing up those that made it this way?
IBB ke? IBB - International Barban Barawo! make una no curse naija like this now! His place is in hell!
All those past leaders and militants, offered nothing when they were younger, so what will their old brain offer us now?
The number one seat wasn't made for them alone(Imean not their birth-right). Give others a chance!
THE YOUNG MUST GROW SHEKINA!

Chei!!@favor5
u got it right
the man is a real baban barawo! grin
donald duke is it, not just because he's handsome- no- we're talking about results.
he's got the right ideas, right mentality and right composure to bring about a significant change in niaja (if i may borrow simon kolawole's words).
if he can do what he did with the little resources in cross-river, i mean, you can imagine what he'll do with niaja.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by kellorah: 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2006
i hate politics. damn it! angry
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Julee(f): 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2006
You are welcome,Eurphoria

Every state claims that their governors have done a lot of things for them in their state and especially those coming out for the presidency which makes me to wonder what they did.
The governors who are coming out for the presidency can't make good leaders. They are only advertising them.eg in Portharcourt, Aba there is serious flooding especially in Aba where majority of the roads are in a very terrible state. And the governor of Zamfara is also contesting and this makes me to think of what will happen to Nigerians especially the non-muslims if he eventually wins. The most amusing is that when Peter and Uzor are contesting, Achike is also contesting.All these things makes me sick when everyday most of the time I hear vote for this person vote for that person.One certain day, I saw women of Akwa Ibom state committing the person they have chosen to be the next president to the hands of God.I was expecting to see maybe a woman, who I saw was their governor. when I saw him, I just laughed.
When everybody are claiming that their governor is the best candidate I wonder who am going to believe. undecided
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Gomer: 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2006
kellorah:

i hate politics. damn it! angry

then you shouldnt be in this forum angry

Julee:

You are welcome,Eurphoria

Every state claims that their governors have done a lot of things for them in their state and especially those coming out for the presidency which makes me to wonder what they did.
The governors who are coming out for the presidency can't make good leaders. They are only advertising them.eg in Portharcourt, Aba there is serious flooding especially in Aba where majority of the roads are in a very terrible state. And the governor of Zamfara is also contesting and this makes me to think of what will happen to Nigerians especially the non-muslims if he eventually wins. The most amusing is that when Peter and Uzor are contesting, Achike is also contesting.All these things makes me sick when everyday most of the time I hear vote for this person vote for that person.One certain day, I saw women of Akwa Ibom state committing the person they have chosen to be the next president to the hands of God.I was expecting to see maybe a woman, who I saw was their governor. when I saw him, I just laughed.
When everybody are claiming that their governor is the best candidate I wonder who am going to believe. undecided

how many of us who are rooting for donald duke or pat utomi are from thier states?
i think you should ask
am not from cross-river even though i love the place so much, so this really has got nothing to do with claiming who's governor is the best or not tongue
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by ayoeze11(m): 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2006
Every body is castigating IBB, but do we remember that the voice of the masses count for nothing. When the Maifia are through, any body they chosse would be the president. My advise is that we should all be praying for God to deliver us from the stronghold of , ?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by juliesanto(f): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2006
what i will advice us to do now, is to go on our knees and pray to God to send moses come 2007 to lead Nija out of Egypt.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Jalal(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2006
So far Duke is winning, what has he got that the majority is voting for him, i know that he is the youngest among the candidiates but can someone pls give his track record??

Maybe i will vote for him too grin grin grin grin
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by raldsfield(m): 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2006
In the land of the blind ONE eyed man is king

Duke can win, he is the best of the worst.

Why is Pat Utomi not on that list. angry
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Revolution: 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2006
Donald Duke has won all such polls I have seen on the internet so far and will again win this one. I hope he wins the Vanguard/Silverbird poll (see http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/cover/july06/24072006/f424072006.html) and the real poll in 2007.

All you Duke supporters, please go to http://www.dukeforpresident.com/ and subscribe, I will be sending interesting news regularly and will start publicising the site big time soon. Don't miss the band wagon and the revolution that will culminate in Nigeria electing the first President born after her Independence in 1960.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by segze4life(m): 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2006
I am surprised that Pat Utomi is not on the list. Or has he not made his intention to run for presidency known?
Whatever the case, I believe he will make a good president because of his proven record of success in the business and academic world.He believes in ideals and change. He is intelligent. He has not been part of the looters of the past.I am surprised that some people are mentioning the names of some past and current state Governors. They are a bunch of thieves. Can't we see their record in the states they have governed or are governing. I stand to be corrected, but how have they affected the life of the masses. Please don't even menion IBB or Buhari because whatever they do they will never get there. If Utomi is not contesting, I would rather vote for Adams Osiomhole- a principled, disciplined and highly intelligent gentleman who has demonstrated great leadership of the NLC. Pastor Chris Okotie is great but I don't think we can sell him to enough people. He should keep praying for us.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by DaHitler(m): 1:42am On Jul 25, 2006
5 votes for IBB? Have you people lost your mind? Have you no idea that it was under the administration of this monster that over 12 billion dollars went missing? It was under the administration of this monster that june 12 was annuled. It was under the administration of this monster that thousands were illegally executed to terrorize the people from rising against him. It was under the administration of this monster that corruption was institutionalized in Nigeria. Ibb, the man with no regard for the law was known to buy macedez benz to Judges. What exactly judges needed mecedez benz for when the government already provided them with Pogoet 404s.

Lets get real people, instead of talking about electing IBB as president, the question we should be asking is if IBB
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by DaHitler(m): 1:51am On Jul 25, 2006
5 votes for IBB? Have you people lost your mind? Have you no idea that it was under the administration of this monster that over 12 billion dollars went missing? It was under the administration of this monster that june 12 was annulled. It was under the administration of this monster that thousands were illegally executed to terrorize the people from rising against him. It was under the administration of this monster that corruption was institutionalized in Nigeria. Ibb, the man with no regard for the law was known to buy Mercedes Benz to Judges. What exactly judges needed Mercedes Benz for when the government already provided them with Pogoet 404s.

Lets get real people, instead of talking about electing IBB as president, the question we should be asking is if IBB deserves to be allowed to remain free. Make no mistake, other politicians and military men are watching IBB as he is praised even though it is widely known that all his wealth was as a result of theft. What do you think these military men and politicians would do if they find themselves in the right place at the right time? People say they don't want another coup, but with the way you glorify IBB, thats what you are really asking for. Afterall, if a general is willing to risk his life, he very well might walk away a billionaire with several years of national leadership under his belt. Sometimes, its what you don't say that speaks the loudest.

In all honesty, if it were up to me, all IBB supporters would be tortured and then executed by firing squad. You, by existing, are inflicting such a high degree of filth to Nigeria than you could ever understand. Best to remove you than to allow you to continue to sicken the nation.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Gomer: 9:26am On Jul 25, 2006
well said afeni but am so afraid that whatever we say or do, it looks like people like him are going to try to get to that seat. ibb? shocked
he has posters out already, big billboards, i dont know
@revolution, did you see the interview with donald duke in the poitical column of guardian on sunday? the man is full of wisdom you should check it out if you can
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by kellybaba(m): 10:19am On Jul 25, 2006
@Naijacutee : Pls dearie,Donald Duke still remains the only Govnor in Naija who inspite of a meagre Fed allocation has been able to transform Cross River in2 a truly 'People's Paradise'(thaz d appelate used for Cross River State).
Whn i graduated from UNICAL 7yrs ago,i left behind a sub-urban,dull,and poor state populated by over-bloated civil Service,impassable link roads etc.I got back there last yr to behold a NEW STATE.I culdnt biliv dis was same place i left some yrs back.I didnt even recognise some places anymorre cos they hv new roads(places that we'd come down from a bike and trek cos even BIKES culdnt pass thru)
Hv u seen whats happening at OBUDU and TINAPA?? People,DONALD DUKE IS D VERY MAN for 2007 ! I not only owe him d votes of my entire kindred,i will canvass more votes 4 him. He is a PERFOMER !

Notin 2 do wit his looks,abegggggggggggggg !
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by hhussain(m): 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2006
OBJ is leading Buhari and Atiku, even ODili, are u guys sure that pro third termers havent hijacked the poll?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2006
I can't believe duke is leading the poll it shows nigerians are not ready for change in the country duke is not the right candidate for the post.The biggest problem facing nigeria is corruption we need a president that can tackle this menace duke can't tackle corruption when his commisioners are looting from the state he can't tackle them he turns a blind eye.He has not shown he runs a transparent goverment just because of obudu and tinapa people are voting for his goverment this still does'nt show he runs a transparent goverment.
Remember efcc has said most of the governors are rogues and thieves duke could be among them just because of tinapa and obudu does'nt exonerate him.I am the only one that has voted for buhari so far and I give my reason below so others can consider him.

Buhari is far ahead the others during is regime he instilled disipline in the country and arrested all the corrupt politicians in shagari goverment and released those who were not found wanting such as shagari,ogbeh who were clean.He also seized all there property and froze all there foreign accounts of the corrupt politicians what he embarked on was similar to what rawlings of ghana did in his country before he was overthrown by the selfish IBB and co for not letting them loot the country blind.There excuse was that the economy was poor but did'nt tell nigerians that the reason the economy was poor was because there was a glut in the oil market(that is over supply of oil which bring about reduction in a barrel of oil) which reduced the earnings of nigeria.Buhari was accused of been despotic and ruthless but that is the type of president nigeria needs because most nigerians are stubborn and corrupt buhari is the type of leader nigeria need to deal with the corrupt system.When the corrupt IBB overthrew Buhari he returned all the property to the corrupt politicians that were seized by Buhari and unfroze their foreign accouts were they stased there loot.As you can see Buhari is the best candidate.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by tiggy(m): 3:26pm On Jul 25, 2006
Nigeria has seen dubious leaders, Leaders that have the interestes of there pockets only at heart. Jobless Youths what do you think? Who should we votte for?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by kellorah: 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2006
none of them!!

let's stage a riot!
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by ayoeze11(m): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2006
Seges, dont worry, in a forum like this were we are all young, who do you think would win a poll of this nature? Duke is young, handsome, 'intelligent', catches fun, if you are in Calabar last december you would understand. But when the time for the real thing comes the Abgalalgbas would then take the lead.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Christino(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2006
Agbalagbas ke - its the Agbalagbis
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2006
who is the oldest of all the contestants now? and what age is that?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by xpro(m): 7:58pm On Jul 25, 2006
cheesy grin Hey guyz, u've all said ur own part f view, but what i see amoung the contestants is, i think Nigerians should leave it up for Duck. I know u will not agree with me but lets be truthful.
first of all going thru in all the contestant profile in office or state, what has IBB done in this country begining from when he was Head of State and what has Utomi done. we should always look at their begining b4 we will include them in the present state of politics in the country, so if any one will ask me, i think what we need right now a candiadte who will put things right for good, s i give it for Donald Duck, but for my Gov Od. just count him out else the country will be in a state of hell
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by raldsfield(m): 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2006
Xpro weather na Duck or na Duke you they talk about don't even mention Utomi

Utomi has the respect of all Nigerian Intellectuals, even Gani of all people has respect for the lad.

What has he done, he has not associated himself with what is going on in this countries politics.

In business he is success, anything he touches turns to gold.

As a politician he is a virgin,

Before Donald Duke became governor on Cross Rivers state what was his record.

Let me tell you the internet is at your finger tips, use your goggle to do your research before you yarn sh*t.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 12:55am On Jul 26, 2006
what experience does pat utomi have in politics? at least donald duke has done 2 terms. Even Gani has no experience in politics.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by doctor(m): 8:54am On Jul 26, 2006
My choice candidate is not among the list.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by favourite(f): 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2006
i go for Duke
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by omoifa(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2006
I think IBB will do the job better than all this people you guys are talking about. All he needs to do is to set his mind to good for this country. The guy has the knowledge and the capacity to do it very well if he decides to do it well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

PDP Disowns Group Over Unauthorized Statement On Buhari / Coronavirus: EU Grants Nigeria 50 Million Euros / Malami Orders Police To Provide Security For 17 Edo Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.