Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (27346 Views)

Poll: Make your choice for next president:

IBB: 6% (42 votes)
Buhari: 8% (50 votes)
Atiku: 5% (35 votes)
Marwa: 3% (19 votes)
Oshiomole: 4% (28 votes)
Okotie: 8% (53 votes)
Duke: 19% (118 votes)
Okonjo-Iweala: 9% (58 votes)
Obasanjo: 2% (17 votes)
Odili: 2% (16 votes)
Utomi: 17% (105 votes)
Yar'adua: 10% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Otuoke (bayelsa) In 2007 And 2014-google Earth... / British Arms Dealer Charged For Smuggling 80,000 Guns To Nigeria In 2007 / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by DaHitler(m): 2:40am On Jul 31, 2006
Revolution:

Buhari may not be as wealthy as IBB but he is a lot wealthier than the pension of a retired General/Head of State would make make him. So where did Buhari get the money to fund his presidential campaign?

Question number 2. If Buhari is so clean why is he associating with IBB and Atiku?

Buhari hates IBB. Have you no grasp on Nigerian History? How dare you say Buhari likes IBB. Since it appears you don't know, the traitorous bastard known as IBB overthrough Buharis administration in 1985. Also note that IBB was one of the top ranking generals in Buharis administration. But clearly, that was not enough for the greedy bastard. In fact, how dare you compare the Great Buhari (no, I am not kidding) to any of the non-first republic bastards that have ruled Nigeria. Trust me, anyone that has seen my posts know I rarely say anything good about Northern leaders and at best, I have contempt for God. But I am in support of Buhari. The man posses a level of honest that frankly speaking does not exist anywhere else in the world. This man, Buhari, is quite possibly the most honest person ever to exist. Of course, as always you are allowing smokes and mirrors from bastards like IBB and the Abachas to blind you.

Buhari has something that non of the other people on this poll has, a proven track record of honesty. And I wish all those that voted for IBB a very long life. That way, you can watch and bury EVERYONE you hold dear. You degenerates deserve nothing less.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Revolution: 7:41am On Jul 31, 2006
DAhxxxxx, (with a shameful name like that no wonder you are blind and think Buhari is an Angel)

Well, you haven't answered my questions. If Buhari is so honest where did he get the money for his presidential campaign from? Do you know what the pension of a retired general is? It is not even enough to build/buy a big house in Nigeria let alone sponsor a presidential campaign. I'll say it again Buhari is rich, no where as rich as IBB and some others, but a lot richer than his salaries over the year could have made him. So since you know him so well please
tell us where he got the money.

I know Nigeria history very well, and I am sure much better than you do. You obviously don't read the news because if you did you would know that IBB and Buhari have long since made up and IBB, Buhari and Atiku are colaborating to bring the presidency back to the North.

Please answer my questrion,  where did the money come from to sponsor Buhari's presidential campaign? There are different level of greed and evil and I agree Buhari is less than IBB on both scales but he is not a saint AT ALL and is not fit to rule Nigeria. For your info I don't support IBB either. I support Donald Duke. He is probably the cleanest governor in the entire country, that's why the presidency is considering him for the top job,  see: http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=54184

Duke is the man to take Nigeria to the next level. Book a trip to Cross River and see for yourself. Here is a good travel agency: http://www.remlordstours.com

For those already convinced of Duke, join the bandwagon: dukeforpresident.com
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by DaHitler(m): 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2006
Revolution, at least both of us can agree that Dahitler is a shameful name. I would have you know that my user name on this site is Afeni, but the admin thinks its all fun and games to go around bastardizing the reputation of posters by carrying out forceful name-changes.

Buhari was sponsored as the ANPP (a party I don't like by the way) because he was nationally known. Left alone, Buhari would not have been able to finance his own campaign.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by kelliott(m): 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2006
oshiomole stand a better chance but cuz he has performed as labour leader does not mean he would make a good president. naija politics is still in a trasient state, we are still testing waters all we need is a God fearing fellow that would have feeling of the masses at heart. may god help us
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by kitaun(m): 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2006
what surprises me is that it seems some peeps here have been vouching for Buhari but the poll reflects that only 2persons have voted for him. na wa o shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Revolution: 9:08pm On Jul 31, 2006
Afeni, don't believe the Buhari hype. If parties sponsored candidates 100% then it won't be only rich people ruling Nigeria. If Buhari is so clean or a saint why did he serve in the PTF under Abacha. Would you have worked for Abacha? I wouldn't. The fact that Buhari does not flaunt wealth does not mean he does not have wealth.

If Buhari is so clean why did he avoid the Oputa truth commission Obasanjo set up? What sort of a democrat is that? I am not going to waste more time on a man whose main legacy from his 18 months rule is brutality and violation of human rights. Do you remember the 3 Nigerian students he executed for carrying drugs despite the plea from so many people around the world?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by kitaun(m): 10:17pm On Jul 31, 2006
pls tell them for me o !
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by izzydragon: 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2006
i am sorry to say that i certainly do not trust any of these candidates angry, no matter who we vote for, we are still gonna get the same results and might even get worse, so the only hope for our country Nigeria is God's intervention.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by DaHitler(m): 3:54am On Aug 01, 2006
He executed 3 Nigerian students for carrying drugs? Good! Nigeria is a bastardized society and all those that commit crimes against the State should die.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Revolution: 8:36am On Aug 01, 2006
well, your name matches your thinking. fyi, carrying drugs is not a crime against the state, however corruption (i.e. stealing from the government purse) but yet Buhari did not execute a single corrupt politician. Both of you have flawed ideaologies and that is why there are only 2 of you supporting Buhari on this forum.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by DaHitler(m): 9:05am On Aug 01, 2006
Revolution:

well, your name matches your thinking. fyi, carrying drugs is not a crime against the state, however corruption (i.e. stealing from the government purse) but yet Buhari did not execute a single corrupt politician. Both of you have flawed ideaologies and that is why there are only 2 of you supporting Buhari on this forum.

Don't be stupid. When I call for the extermination of entire groups of people, then my views will match the name the heavy-handed admin gave me. For someone that goes by the name "revolution", you seem all to content with keeping the status-quo.

And possesion and distribution of drugs is a crime against society. If you don't believe me, look at what happens in societies where illegal drug use run rampant.

By the way, while I support Buhari here, I did not vote for him. I might be a supporter of some of his policies, but I am also a realist. He is not going to be president again. The current politicians would never let that happen. They remember well from his rule in 1983, and they have reason to fear.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by smith4ril(m): 9:14am On Aug 01, 2006
[/color]
I thnk dis time i should not vote for ugly like monkey who is there now[i][/i][color=#990000]
sad
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by DaHitler(m): 9:17am On Aug 01, 2006
smith4ril:

[/color]
I thnk this time i should not vote for ugly like monkey who is there now[i][/i][color=#990000]
sad

Don't be shallow. That "monkey" is one of the best leaders Nigeria has ever had. I might not be the biggest Obasonjo fan, but he does not deserve as much hatred as you guys seem all too willing to send his way.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Abeem(m): 9:39am On Aug 01, 2006
@Revolution
I am also in support of Buhari.  Because Nigeria needs a strong-willed, tested, selfless and committed politician with honesty of character and high moral standards, I think Buhari fits the bill.   Buhari has a proven track record of selfless service.
For the brief spell he held sway as Head of State,  the country toed the part of orderliness; Corrupt politicians were jailed; The country was frugal in its expenditure; The currency was changed within two weeks to checkmate its smuggling outside; Part of the IMF loan taken by the OBJ and Shagari Administrations were paid etc.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Revolution: 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2006
ha ha. Aferni, I am calling for the most radical paradigm shift in the history of Nigeria, whereby Nigeria elects the first President born after Independence, the first President from the South-South, the first President from the Efik ethnic group, the first President who is a University graduate etc etc and you are calling for the election of a military man who ruled 20 years ago and you say I want to maintain the status quo. How did you work that out? I am looking to the future and you are looking to the past.

Many crimes are crimes against society but in this case the students were smuggling the drugs out of Nigeria so which society did they commit a crime against? And to make matters worse the law on which they were tried was enacted after the offence took place. If you want to talk of crimes against the state then Buhari committed one of the gravest crimes against the state when he overthrow Shagari's goverment. Buhari also disgraced Nigeria when he broke UK and international law by trying to kidnap and smuggle Umaru Dikko back into Nigeria. Is that who we want for President, an international criminal. I can just imagine the western government being elated about dealing with a man who ran one of the most draconian governments during his brief stay.

Please lets move on and stop looking backwards. That is one of Nigeria's biggest problem, inability to break with the past. The international community will not take Nigeria seriously if we elect another former leader after Obasanjo, especially given the poor track record they had while in power.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by DaHitler(m): 1:33am On Aug 02, 2006
An Efik man as President? Omg, you are really out for a revolution. In fact, if not for Ibibio, the neighbors of the Efik, I never would have heard of your people. grin
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by DaHitler(m): 1:43am On Aug 02, 2006
Its sad to see so many votes for IBB. O well, fellow Nigerians, if you vote IBB back into power, that is fine. I will just never talk, visit, or associate with Nigerians ever again. I am not in government, I am not out to steal public funds, all I am providing here is an honest opinion. Vote for IBB, and if he wins, myself and many other decent Nigerians in diaspora can be free of the burden of enlightening the people. You will be the ones to rot in the pathetic mess you call a society. Enjoy!
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Revolution: 8:32am On Aug 02, 2006
I am not actually Efik or from Cross Rivers State. I am not from the South South either, I just believe Duke is the best candidate and I will always support the best candidate irrespective of where he/she comes from.

Regarding your comment on IBB; I wonder how IBB would feel if he wins and OBJ annuls the elections. grin
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Gomer: 9:41am On Aug 02, 2006
@revolution, where you able to check out the article on duke last 2 weeks, sunday guardian?
do you really, really think our votes would really count?
do you really think that if we put in our best effort, the right man will be sitting on that hot sit 2007?
thats my fear @revolution that we might just be wasing our time, but we could at least give it our best shot undecided
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Gomer: 9:57am On Aug 02, 2006
revolution, i just saw your previos reply
i dont think or know if theres a link cos i went to the guardian website looking for it but couldnt get it so i had to go look for the papers, maybe i just wasnt doing something right.
i've got the paper so what you want me to do so you can get it? scan or what?
go to thier website ngrguardiannews.com and see if you can figure it out or write them, maybe, just maybe,
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Revolution: 10:39am On Aug 02, 2006
Gomer, I also tried search the Guardian's website but their seach engine is very poor and fails to find anything. If you can scan it that would be great, it is possible the article was never put online but I will try to contact them to get it if you can't get it to me.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by michy(f): 10:44am On Aug 02, 2006
Duke is going to cahnge nigeria.he really has sense like ngige.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by DaHitler(m): 12:20pm On Aug 02, 2006
Nigeria has to be changed on the local Government and State level. God could be president and baring any use of divine powers, Nigeria still won't be worth a damn.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Revolution: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2006
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by raldsfield(m): 9:25pm On Aug 02, 2006
For all those talking about Moral standards, principled leader, .

PAT UTOMI IS THE MAN, SPOTLESS, SELF MADE, NO ASSOCIATION WITH THE EVIL MEN OF THIS COUNTRY

OPERATION SAVE NIGERIA [b]2007
PROJECT.

THIS IS THE WAY FORWARD, ROAD OF NO REGRETS.

THE FUTURE OF YOUR KIDS.

AND THE RETURN OF MOST NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA.

VOTE PAT UTOMI 2007[/b]
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by debosky(m): 10:49pm On Aug 02, 2006
all that sounds good. but please what political structure does he have in plaec to win an election?

is he known outside lagos, abuja, ph and a few other educated/enlightened locales?

we need more than just a 'clean' president. we need a bridge builder, someone who can convince and make people work together.

utomi is good no doubt, but he is too weak on the ground to win or even be a factor in elections in nigeria
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Abeem(m): 3:05pm On Aug 03, 2006
I recall that Pat Utomi was a part of the Management Team of Volkswagen of Nigeria, (VON). Actually he was the Deputy Managing Director of VON in the eighties. I think he became the MD after the expatriate MD left Nigeria. The company eventually bucked and there were talks by Nigerian businessmen like late MKO Abiola making overtures to buy the company, but the Federal Government frustrated those efforts.

Prof. Utomi eventually left the company to set up the Lagos Business School. What is the story of Volkswagen of Nigeria today? I don't know. Does anybody know? Over to you supporters of the Prof.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by raldsfield(m): 8:17pm On Aug 03, 2006
With the kind of infrastructure in Nigeria, You have to be God to make Volkswagen work.

Why did the white guy run. Volks has no future in Nigeria. Peugeot and Anamco that are still there struggling in Nigeria are

surviving on government budgets. With Tokubo everywhere. Am telling you that the best managers in the world will have a problem trying to produce a car in Nigeria.

Even common tooth pick we have to import, simply tell you that is it more cost effective to import tooth pick than to produce one in Nigeria. So what so you think about a car or a Passat, will you even buy a made in Nigeria car tell the truth Abeem
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by IBBFan(m): 11:05pm On Aug 03, 2006
@raldsfield

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy brother, you keep cracking me up with your posts on this topic. na so u like IBB reach? an appointment is will be waiting for you with open arms if you give me a chance in '07 to turns around for the better.

cool cool cool
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 11:46pm On Aug 04, 2006
pls IBB can you expantiate on this interim government stuff your in - law is talking about.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by IBBFan(m): 11:56pm On Aug 04, 2006
@otokini

oh boy, to bra? me na proper kalabari man, abonemma to be precise. the Bob-Manuels' are my closest neighbors sef. anything about interim government, go and ask Chief Chukwuemeka Ezeife.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by otokx(m): 12:16am On Aug 05, 2006
i have not heard of ezeife's version, its the man in the boat house that has been speaking some mysterious stuff.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Breaking News! James Ibori Granted Bail / VP Osinbajo Preaches At Aso Villa Chapel(photos) / 2023 Presidency: Group Shortlists 18 Potential Igbo Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.