Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,562 members, 7,827,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (27390 Views)

Poll: Make your choice for next president:

IBB: 6% (42 votes)
Buhari: 8% (50 votes)
Atiku: 5% (35 votes)
Marwa: 3% (19 votes)
Oshiomole: 4% (28 votes)
Okotie: 8% (53 votes)
Duke: 19% (118 votes)
Okonjo-Iweala: 9% (58 votes)
Obasanjo: 2% (17 votes)
Odili: 2% (16 votes)
Utomi: 17% (105 votes)
Yar'adua: 10% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Otuoke (bayelsa) In 2007 And 2014-google Earth... / British Arms Dealer Charged For Smuggling 80,000 Guns To Nigeria In 2007 / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Mariory(m): 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2006
He understands alright, he just doesn't care. IBB in power is his goal for whatever reasons. Naturally, it won't happen.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 6:07pm On Sep 30, 2006
this people that want IBB must be smoking IGBO, India hem are are dreaming, He will never rule again, Insha Allah
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Chxta(m): 7:38pm On Oct 01, 2006
FLEX06:

this people that want IBB must be smoking IGBO, India hem are are dreaming, He will never rule again, Insha Allah

Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by P3(m): 11:43pm On Oct 01, 2006
At 46 we need to forge ahead. Lets face it, IBB is the best candidate for Nigeria. Our number one problem in Nigeria is flogging the past. We had the Oputa panel, it submitted its report - any action taken? No. The attrocities of Nigeria is small compared to South Africa. They had the Truth and reconcialation panel, followed the report and said to themselves ' we need to move forward - forgive the past'.

What has either ICPC or EFCC achieved compared to the funding given them?

The best minds in Nigeria sat and came with vision 2010. If only we took time to read the contents and implement the recommendations, Nigeria will have been better today 2006.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 02, 2006
@P3

How do you forgive someone who hasn't admitted to any wrongdoing?

Secondly, do you agree that we should only vote for people who have done something reasonably positive in the past and have ambitions to do the same on the national level?, If you do then IBB isn't your candidate because there's nothing positive this guy has done for Nigeria.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by P3(m): 12:29am On Oct 02, 2006
@Donzman

Can you categorically point to things YOU have convictions that IBB has done wrong and not what you read in the media?

The idea of forgiving is to allow us forge ahead. We have to forgive and forget what our past rulers have done - that is if proven any wrong doing on thier part. Nigeria is too complex a society for novices to run undecided
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 02, 2006
You must be seriously delusional if you need me to present proof before I can claim that Babangida has done anything wrong.

The media by the way is a source of information to the common man like me and asking me to tell you what I know besides what I saw in the media defeats my reasoning.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by P3(m): 1:30am On Oct 02, 2006
', before I can claim that Babangida has done anything wrong". You said. Thank you.

I can see why your reasoning will always remain defeated. Nigerian media NEVER gives balanced reporting - prove me wrong. Lets be sincere to ourselves.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 2:18am On Oct 02, 2006
People beware, I read in the news this morning IBB son has an internet cafe, and has some of his Friends and associates working with him, so I think most of his friends infiltrate this forum and are trying to convince us to give this BIG FAT THIEF and evil man cal Babangida a chance.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 3:06am On Oct 02, 2006
@FLEX06, that is what I also suspect because no half-assed Naija man will claim that Babangida has done nothing wrong moreso just moments after asking us to forgive and forget whatever he did in the past. Why did you ask us to forgive and forget P3 if you truly believed Babangida has done nothing wrong? Why did you choose to go with that argument initially?

@P3, Yes the Nigerian media is biased and so is every other media in any country. Here is another truth, there is always lots of truth behind media stories in aspects of national occurences. Who are we supposed to believe if not the media? Babangida the dictator who can't tell us what happened to the oil windfall in the early '90s?
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 3:35am On Oct 02, 2006
He can't tell us what happened to the oil money because he has the money in various swiss accounts
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by P3(m): 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2006
@Donzman

I said forgive ALL past leaders and ELDERS not just IBB. Anyway at 23 you would not know much about the man IBB, or better yet regimes of past leaders from Gowon to OBJ. He came into when you were just 2, and left when you were 10. Hit your history BOOKS and read panel reports. Good luck
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2006
Simple IBB is an Evil man and will never rule Nigeria again, he should be in jail with a guy behind his back
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by BigB11(m): 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2006
If we continue to look backwards we will never move forward. It's time to forgive, forget and move on. I still think IBB can never F-up for the second time.

He's ready, focused and has what it takes to move Nigeria forward.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2006
yeh right focused on stealing, how hard is that to do, a criminal will always be focus
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by BigB11(m): 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2006
ODEKU: you're totally missing the point. You've got to learn how to view things from a different angle.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by olaak1(m): 6:22pm On Oct 02, 2006
Many Nigerians would have prefer another person to be thier next president but my brother there is little or nothing youand me can do IBB is the next president remember it is not the wish of Nigerians for Obj to be their president 1999 yet he became the president so it is not our vote that count now it is who the extermist want what a shame!
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Jaybaba(m): 7:08pm On Oct 02, 2006
Any sensible will Nigerian who knows history will know better to to listen to IBB and his supporters. For crying out loud, we need to move forward and neglect the old decaying past. We cannot relive the past. We can only look forward to a better future. IBB for president? NO! Nigerians have forgiven IBB, but not forgotten. And for us to forget, he need not insult our emotions by even running for local govt. chairman.

We no go greeeee oooooo!!!!
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2006
Thank you Jaybaba Me i no know which king love portion IBB give this man Big B1 I am looking for a herbalist to revive my friend BigB1 IBB is evil and his deeds will follow him to his grave.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by GNature(m): 1:05pm On Oct 03, 2006
Quote from @P3 :
Lets face it, IBB is the best candidate for Nigeria

@P3, Please tell us the reasons why IBB is the best presidential candidate for Nigeria
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2006
IBB, bigB1 is his son in disguise, we are coming for you and your dad Bigb1 this war will be bigger than Biafra
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by BigB11(m): 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2006
ODEKU: this is why we fight, there is no reason for such an unrealistic statement.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2006
Bigb1, its not unrealistic. there is only one reason one single person can never see the wrong doing of IBB, you are either a kin to him, or a secrete lover. so please tell us which os is it before we read about it in the paper? so if I may ask you how do you like the development in Ekiti and Plateau. 2 governors will be forced out before Friday
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 03, 2006
If we had free and fair elections in Nigeria then nobody will be worried about IBB becoming president again becaue it's not going to happen. This problem arises becomes elections are rigged in all areas.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2006
Bingo, and that is why people are scared, and trying to prevent this from happening at all cost.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Jaybaba(m): 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2006
It is undisputable that, leaders in a military setting can out perform their counter-parts in democratic setting. Why? Military rulers are autocratic and authoritarian or dictatorial. While Democratic leaders have to practice a consultative procedure. This is an advantage for dictators.
IBB had all the powers available to do and undo and what could he do? Legalise 419 and various forms of curruption. He cancelled our election and stepped aside.
Some pple speak of forgiving. IBB is not a Xtian to believe in forgiveness. He believes an eye for an eye system.
Now someone pls tell me why we should vote IBB or forgive him. Nigerians have 4given him but cannot 4get what he did. He should respect us and our feeling by not running for local government chairman in his state.
IBB, Warning. DO NOT TAMPER WITH OUR EMOTIONS or ELSE!
We no go greeeeeeeooooooo!!!!
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by waffistyle(m): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2006
I TIRE FOR UNA O!, [b]WETIN THE PEOPLE WEN WANT IBB DE SMOKE?, [/b]THIS ONE PASS IGBO, THERE IS NO RATIONAL REASON TO WANT IBB, NOT EVEN ONE REASON, WHY IBB??.WHAT GOOD CAN COME OUT OF THAT MAN?, THIS IS THE MAN THAT ALMOST DESTROYRD THIS COUNTRY COMPLETELY, I BEG UNA O!!!!! DONALD DUKE REMAINS THE MAN, MAN WHEN DO WELL, NA TO PROMOTE AM, THE MAN HAS DONE CREDIBLY WELL AS GOVERNOR, THIS MAN DUKE WILL MAKE US ALL PROUD, THE MAN TOO MUCH, AND HAS GENUINE SELFLESS LOVE FOR HIS PEOPLE,
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 11:15pm On Oct 03, 2006
WHich is what IBB is missing, all IBB knows is corruption, and we will stop him at all cost
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 11:30pm On Oct 04, 2006
Interesting. there is hope for Nigeria
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by MIZIEYA: 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2006
Tell me, because i am interested in knowing.

Does Nigeria have a similar set up as say Europe with its politics - Liberal, Conservative, Social Democratic Party and so on? or is it similar to America - rich man elected and runs for the job of king? Does it have a parliament- how are the elections done and so on.
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2006
@ P3 and big b1
what i don't understand is why guys won't stop flogging a dead horse? I really wanna know why you support IBB so much. There are have been other threads and I have to say i just may begin to believe Odeku afterall that y'all are his kids grin
Re: President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> by Odeku(m): 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2006
TRUST me they want their daddy to come back and rule so they can play video game all day and insult honest working people on this forum, remember bigb1 we have hire assassin in Nigeria and you and your father IBB will never sleep in peace, he will keep thinking and worrying about Nigeria money till he goes to his grave.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

APC Leaders At War Over 2023 Presidency, Zoning / EFCC Arrests Abba Moro, Others Over 2014 Immigration / 400 Years After, Descendants Of Slave Merchant Say They’re Proud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.