Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts (51014 Views)

Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre / Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever / Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Orikinla(m): 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
It is very scary.
What of the passengers who used the public transport taken by all the primary and secondary contacts?
Only God can save us.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by dlifted: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
So much work to do. I hope we eventually scale through this outbreak. check this link on claims of quarantine service over Ebolahttp://dlifted..com/2014/08/ebola-as-nigerians-await-agric.html?spref=tw

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by dlifted: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by logica(m): 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Because he probably did not know he had the virus....symptoms seen in the initial stages of Ebola disease include fever, general body pains and weakness. Bleeding comes later.
I guess it takes a genius to know he's been infected knowing fully well he had been in contact with his sister who happened to have died of Ebola; and knowing the symptoms of Ebola eh? So, you are telling me that if it were you, the first thing that would come to your mind is Malaria when a close relative you've been in contact with died of Ebola and you present with the typical symptoms eh?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
logica: I guess it takes a genius to know he's been infected knowing fully well he had been in contact with his sister who happened to have died of Ebola; and knowing the symptoms of Ebola eh? So, you are telling me that if it were you, the first thing that would come to your mind is Malaria when a close relative you've been in contact with died of Ebola and you present with the typical symptoms eh?

He knew. Reports say he was avoiding people and behaving strangely, very depressed. He was trying to get back to America for treatment.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by logica(m): 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
MissMeiya:

He knew. Reports say he was avoiding people and behaving strangely, very depressed. He was trying to get back to America for treatment.
Of course he knew. He was probably depressed because he had lost his sister. Now tell me, with this frame of mind, would he really have been able to perform his duty in Calabar? He didn't need to come to Nigeria to go back to America by the way. I can only ascribe his behavior to temporary insanity due to loss of a relative; as he was not thinking clearly. The only problem is, it was said he also behaved like a psycho when his sister was taken to the hospital and diagnosed with Ebola. So this seemed to have more to do with his personality and arrogance. He probably thought Ebola only affects the poor.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by winner01(m): 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
CURE FOR EBOLA?
Kent Brantley and
Nancy Writebol are
American
missionaries in
Liberia. They
contracted the
virus. Kent Brantley,
began experiencing
the symptoms on
July 22. He called his
wife to say
goodbye that he
was dying. 2days
later, Nancy began
experiencing the
ebola symptoms
too. They isolated
themselves but
were evacuated to
America a few days
ago and they
received an injection
known as Zmapp.
Within an hour of
receiving the
injection the
infection left and
they began walking
about. According to
the scientists the
drug worked on
monkeys but hasn't
been tested on
humans. It is an
experimental drug.
So this cure has
been available since
and hundreds of
people are dying in
Africa. I believe they
were hoarding the
cure for their sick,
twisted reasoning.
Now that it has
been confirmed to
work on humans
why don't you send
it to Africa to cure
those in pains?
They said no, that
they need to still
work on the drugs
to improve it. If you
ask me these
people are making a
lot of money from
the outbreak of
diseases in Africa.
They are making
lots of money when
the government
pays their health
workers to come to
the aid of their
countries, they
make enough
money when
companies pump in
money to their
accounts urging
them to find a cure.
I wouldn't be
surprised if this
Ebola was
manufactured in a
lab and taken to
West Africa and
infected some
monkeys. Why are
west African
monkeys the only
ones with the virus?
All these gives one
questions to ask.
Send the cure and
they said they need
to perfect it, they
need more serums
cuz they only
produced a few. You
can imagine, when
you have produced a
successful cure
producing more of it
shouldn't be a
problem.
They said a vaccine
would be more
effective cuz even
after being cured
the cured might get
infected again. I
believe that, a
vaccine is like a
preventive drug
that makes you
immune to the
virus. Alright make
the vaccine, they
said no company is
ready to sponsor
the vaccine that
what they sponsor
is the cure yet the
cure is still being
hoarded. Thank God
an American was
infected we
wouldn't have
known of a cure,
they couldn't let
two of their own
die but hundreds of
ours are dying.
DON'T EVER TELL ME
RACISM IS OVER!!!
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by back2sender: 9:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
The figure for the manhunt for secondary contacts is More than the figure we know ooooo,so I will implore people to please apply caution and don't treat the Ebola informations on how to prevent this as child's play.

Sawyer did a lot of damage than what we know, i am really sad with the deceit of sawyer and those who managed the guy,a word is enough for the wise. Stay safe and people should be vigilant about the health of people around them,take care all.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by dsenator: 11:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
THIS SHOULD LOGICALLY GO BEYOND THE 27 SECONDARY CONTACTS AS IT IS VERY CLEAR THAT THOSE PEOPLE MUST HAVE COME IN CONTACT WITH SO MANY PEOPLE DURING THESE FEW DAYS.WE HAVE GOT IT WRONG THERE BUT IT IS BETTER LATE THAN NEVER,I PRAY THE LORD ALMIGHTY HELPS US STOP THIS DEMON CALLED EBOLA VIRUS.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Solozzo(m): 12:09am On Aug 08, 2014
priscaoge: May God save us from this deadly virus angry We Have had enough lately. This Boko Haram is too much for us to bear,So Ebola there's no space for u in this country sad angry I pray they use every possible means to evacuate this wicked virus because this is more deadly n wicked than Boko Haram angry cry angry angry

Fear not, sister. There is now a cure!! Experimental drug Zmapp.

Read about it here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMapp
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Lovechyld101(m): 2:21am On Aug 08, 2014
Mehn!!! I trust yankee anyday anytime there would have been secret agency or plan ,security measure and containment for this kind of situation even if there was no epidemic or pandemic once a situation asuch arises MR president activates the program to be carried out within some weeks the whole thing would have been goten rid off
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by EMANY01(m): 2:55am On Aug 08, 2014
AUSTAAI: It's just a matter of weeks, this Ebola thing will fizzle out like every other virus and everyone will know that it was a mere gimmick and most importantly @ jpphilips is just a BASTARD. shocked for calling people names just because they aired their views. You can put your point across without damning your country for being a zoo or labelling your entire family as fools and morons. May you come in contact with Ebola. For your info: am making my way to quarantine to hug the so called Ebola victims and am disguised as a volunteer.

YOU ARE AN IDIOOOOOT.
This is my first insult on nairaland but you are more than deserving of it.I will not wish the virus on you because you will infect your own family with it even when you know that you should isolate yourself from them.
How are people so Stu.pid?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by lightwriter(m): 6:29am On Aug 08, 2014
Blockus: Tooo Late Biitches...

Patrick Sawyer arrived Nigeria on the 20th of Fhucking JULY..

Na today, 6th of August, 3 weeks after na ehn them wan start to contain the matter. grin

The Grim Reapers reaction to News of Ebola in Nigeria... grin

[img]http://media./media/gEo36y1gALoQ/giphy.gif[/img]
abeg does it look like the white guy on d right is dancing "SHOKI" to any1 asides me?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Ericsdm55(m): 6:51am On Aug 08, 2014
winner01: CURE FOR EBOLA?
Kent Brantley and
Nancy Writebol are
American
missionaries in
Liberia. They
contracted the
virus. Kent Brantley,
began experiencing
the symptoms on
July 22. He called his
wife to say
goodbye that he
was dying. 2days
later, Nancy began
experiencing the
ebola symptoms
too. They isolated
themselves but
were evacuated to
America a few days
ago and they
received an injection
known as Zmapp.
Within an hour of
receiving the
injection the
infection left and
they began walking
about. According to
the scientists the
drug worked on
monkeys but hasn't
been tested on
humans. It is an
experimental drug.
So this cure has
been available since
and hundreds of
people are dying in
Africa. I believe they
were hoarding the
cure for their sick,
twisted reasoning.
Now that it has
been confirmed to
work on humans
why don't you send
it to Africa to cure
those in pains?
They said no, that
they need to still
work on the drugs
to improve it. If you
ask me these
people are making a
lot of money from
the outbreak of
diseases in Africa.
They are making
lots of money when
the government
pays their health
workers to come to
the aid of their
countries, they
make enough
money when
companies pump in
money to their
accounts urging
them to find a cure.
I wouldn't be
surprised if this
Ebola was
manufactured in a
lab and taken to
West Africa and
infected some
monkeys. Why are
west African
monkeys the only
ones with the virus?
All these gives one
questions to ask.
Send the cure and
they said they need
to perfect it, they
need more serums
cuz they only
produced a few. You
can imagine, when
you have produced a
successful cure
producing more of it
shouldn't be a
problem.
They said a vaccine
would be more
effective cuz even
after being cured
the cured might get
infected again. I
believe that, a
vaccine is like a
preventive drug
that makes you
immune to the
virus. Alright make
the vaccine, they
said no company is
ready to sponsor
the vaccine that
what they sponsor
is the cure yet the
cure is still being
hoarded. Thank God
an American was
infected we
wouldn't have
known of a cure,
they couldn't let
two of their own
die but hundreds of
ours are dying.
DON'T EVER TELL ME
RACISM IS OVER!!!
Na wa ooo! Wetin i know be sey God Almighty pass them, and na HIM go expose them and go force this cured wey them dey hide. May God deliver Nigeria and its citizens from E.V.D
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 08, 2014
You all should see this thread.. Funny things ebola prevention made us do this morning

https://www.nairaland.com/1848046/bath-salt-hot-water-prevent

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by delishpot: 8:27am On Aug 08, 2014
Leopantro:

For what? On channelsTv over the weekend, when the commissioner was asked how isolation was to be done he said the patients were given thermometers to check their temperatures themselves and told to stay at home, plus to eat good food. Do toy know how difficult it is to keep someone against his or her will for how many days, against their will? The two that's I know have run away from Lagos. Every one is afraid.

Naira wise pound foolish. So they have decided to go a sharing ba? They have decided that their loved ones must catch it and all their neighbours too must die from it kwo? See, here we are blaming govt. While our own oversabi brothers and sisters are hiding Ebola victims claiming eh, they were told to go home and eat well. Ok, what goes around comes around its only a matter of time.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 08, 2014
jpphilips:
Now let me tell you something about the views you aired, It has very grave consequences but an air head like you will decide to put it in the public domain anyways!
let me advise you quickly, when next such ideas start playing around your head again, see a shrink immediately, it insults every moral fabric of the grey clay matter, in your skull and stop putting it in the public domain, you can restrict it to your kitchen, you are abusing your freedom of speech, and freedom of speech is different from freedom of buffoonery, I hope you are aware the later is not acceptable.
Your opinion has caused an out break of polio in Nigeria in 2001, Ebola in Liberia few months ago, we don't wish to have that nonsense in Lagos!
You can be discussing those theories with your wife at home while sane people take treatment.

Who are you? You are genius. I have cause to believe you have not lived all your life in Nigeria. Only the exposed think like you.

The problem with many Nigerians is lack of exposure to the realities of the world. All they see around them is all they know. The fact that some people can still mention pray in the case of Ebola is very disturbing. Africa is so far behind. I weep.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Oxone(m): 11:43am On Aug 08, 2014
winner01: CURE FOR EBOLA?
Kent Brantley and
Nancy Writebol are
American
missionaries in
Liberia. They
contracted the
virus. Kent Brantley,
began experiencing
the symptoms on
July 22. He called his
wife to say
goodbye that he
was dying. 2days
later, Nancy began
experiencing the
ebola symptoms
too. They isolated
themselves but
were evacuated to
America a few days
ago and they
received an injection
known as Zmapp.
Within an hour of
receiving the
injection the
infection left and
they began walking
about. According to
the scientists the
drug worked on
monkeys but hasn't
been tested on
humans. It is an
experimental drug.
So this cure has
been available since
and hundreds of
people are dying in
Africa. I believe they
were hoarding the
cure for their sick,
twisted reasoning.
Now that it has
been confirmed to
work on humans
why don't you send
it to Africa to cure
those in pains?
They said no, that
they need to still
work on the drugs
to improve it. If you
ask me these
people are making a
lot of money from
the outbreak of
diseases in Africa.
They are making
lots of money when
the government
pays their health
workers to come to
the aid of their
countries, they
make enough
money when
companies pump in
money to their
accounts urging
them to find a cure.
I wouldn't be
surprised if this
Ebola was
manufactured in a
lab and taken to
West Africa and
infected some
monkeys. Why are
west African
monkeys the only
ones with the virus?
All these gives one
questions to ask.
Send the cure and
they said they need
to perfect it, they
need more serums
cuz they only
produced a few. You
can imagine, when
you have produced a
successful cure
producing more of it
shouldn't be a
problem.
They said a vaccine
would be more
effective cuz even
after being cured
the cured might get
infected again. I
believe that, a
vaccine is like a
preventive drug
that makes you
immune to the
virus. Alright make
the vaccine, they
said no company is
ready to sponsor
the vaccine that
what they sponsor
is the cure yet the
cure is still being
hoarded. Thank God
an American was
infected we
wouldn't have
known of a cure,
they couldn't let
two of their own
die but hundreds of
ours are dying.
DON'T EVER TELL ME
RACISM IS OVER!!!

Ericsdm55: Na wa ooo! Wetin i know be sey God Almighty pass them, and na HIM go expose them and go force this cured wey them dey hide. May God deliver Nigeria and its citizens from E.V.D

^^^^
Must everything you cant comprehend or understand be a conspiracy theory? If i call you both idiots now, you'll take it as an insult and take offense.

You want them to give you an experimental drug that has not even gone through clinical trials? A Drug that the side effects and efficacy in human hasn't even been determined. A drug that might do more harm than good in the long run? A drug that is not even available in commercial quantity?

Do you know what's involved in the drug approval and production process and how long it takes?

And if the drugs fails tomorrow or there's severe side effects, Retards like you would start another round of conspiracy theory on how US is experimenting on Africans & using them as guinea Pigs.

Hell if your Government were half as responsible as theirs, we would not find ourselves in a situation where we are desperate to try anything

Here's a link on The FDA's Drug Review Process: Ensuring Drugs Are Safe and Effective. Look it up man, You just might learn something

http://www.fda.gov/drugs/resourcesforyou/consumers/ucm143534.htm

Mind you the so called Ebola drug (ZMapp) is still in stage one of the review process

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by olajobsmaster(m): 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
this is very funny!! our country is in trouble oo.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by winner01(m): 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
Oxone:

^^^^
Must everything you cant comprehend or understand be a conspiracy theory? If i call you both idiots now, you'll take it as an insult and take offense.

You want them to give you an experimental drug that has not even gone through clinical trials? A Drug that the side effects and efficacy in human hasn't even been determined. A drug that might do more harm than good in the long run? A drug that is not even available in commercial quantity?

Do you know what's involved in the drug approval and production process and how long it takes?

And if the drugs fails tomorrow or there's severe side effects, Retards like you would start another round of conspiracy theory on how US is experimenting on Africans & using them as guinea Pigs.

Hell if your Government were half as responsible as theirs, we would not find ourselves in a situation where we are desperate to try anything

Here's a link on The FDA's Drug Review Process: Ensuring Drugs Are Safe and Effective. Look it up man, You just might learn something

Mind you the so called Ebola drug (ZMapp) is still in stage one of the review process
when criticizing people or comments you disapprove of, don't be so stupiid as to cal people names...I bet if any of ur family members was infected, u won't be so dumbb as to wait for the possible side effects knowing they have limited time to live...we live ,eat do our daily activities and a plague springs up from nowhere and u believe its normal...its not surprising that after soo many years,its sprang up in west africa?...Look around you dumbb, even an average illiterate in Nigeria has started to think outside the box, so go home, get drunk and eat up crapps you are fed by the white men.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Ericsdm55(m): 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
Oxone:

^^^^

You don't strike me as a Nigerian atall. Statements like ''your government'' only proves that. Anyway thanks for observation and correction. Eventhough you called us fools indirectly, i believed learning is a continual thing. I could have said worst without thinking, as last night drama of salt and warm water thing still lingers in my mind.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Oxone(m): 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ericsdm55: You don't strike me as a Nigerian atall. Statements like ''your government'' only proves that. Anyway thanks for observation and correction. Eventhough you called us fools indirectly, i believed learning is a continual thing. I could have said worst without thinking, as last night drama of salt and warm water thing still lingers in my mind.

I'm sorry I came off that way man, didn't mean to call you a fool. I was just pissed off from all the salt & water drama last night & today. I'm very much Nigerian and haven't even been outside d shores of 9ja before. But let's try and reason/research things properly b4 jumping into conclusions.
Read up on thalidomide and you'll understand the the need for proper testing before approving a drug for commercial use.

Cheers man!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Commits Suicide After Her Mum Accused Her Of Taking Her Money (Photos) / 'beard Gang Can Give You A Vaginal Infection' - Nigerian Doctor Claims / How Do You Deal With Your Pimples?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.