Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts (51017 Views)

Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre / Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever / Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by nickvanilla(m): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
all this running about now could have been prevented by simply prohibiting all flights from ebola affected countries.too bad we are now one of them.truly,a stitch in time saves nine.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by alentyno: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
wayne4loan: Thinking of exit destination! " Cotonue here I come"
*sighs* you should have paid more attention in geography class. Go get a map bro (map of africa to be precise) before you run into ebola's hand thinking you're running away from it. Do you even know where liberia is? Smh

Mickey7: While others get a hundred plus likes for their comments,No one ever likes my comment please advise me
*wait let me ask the gods*

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by SEYIKP(m): 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
.HIS ONLY GOD THAT CAN HELP US TO CURTAIN THIS VIRUS. BECAUSE THE 27 MUST HAVE GOT IN CONTACT WITH SOME OTHER PEOPLE. AND THEY ALSO MUST HAVE TRANSMIT IT TO SOME OTHER. O GOD WHERE IS THY EYES.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by HonourablePomk: 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
Shortage of healt personnel...They afraid...and i dont blame them i hope d insurance policy will be activated asap ind i pray d secondary contacts are not infected
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by igbsam(m): 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
This is serious. We are in trouble o!
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by kayfuture: 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
Started with 1 contact , graduate to 4 primary contact and later progress to 8 contact . now he don move 19 places to 27 secondary ! haa Oluwaaooooo. we don slack o walahi. I fear for the overall outcome

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Appswheel(m): 5:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
How To Make A Post In Nairaland

Before you can make a post in Nairaland, You must be a registered member.

1) Before making a post, it is expected that search Nairaland to be sure that the post you want to make does not already exists. There are two search boxes on the homepage. If your content already exists, consider making a different post, commenting on the existing post.

2) Visit the section that you want to post about e.g. “Business”, “Computer”, “Education”, “Politics “. it is advisable you visit the home page to see the full list of available sections.

3) Click the Create New Topic

You are expected to read the rules guiding the use of that section.

After Clicking on Create New Topic, the Nairaland Editor is displayed. Provide a heading for your content in the Subject textbox and provide the content of your post in the Message text box

4. (Optional) Attach a file or Image to the file.

5. Click on the Submit Button

THOSE WHO READ THIS ALSO READ: A-Z OF NAIRALAND EDITOR: HOW TO USE ALL THE FORMATTING TOOLS

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by charijee(f): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
[God will help us overcome this one day/b][b]
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Pavore9: 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
hmm..TB patients protesting?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Lincoln94(m): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
as in eeeeh .. the way this ebola dey fear me eeeeh na God go help us.. even though I dey enugu buh still who no wether some of the secondary host patients don run come here to hide or for herbal drugs....Choi na so person go dey die bring fully aware of no cure and worst of all in an agonising way...ur body pores opening big holes for blood to gush out like tap water.....
na so death wan visit d populated so called giant of Africa......
Ebola is really frightening and horrific this one u are sure to die within 2weeks...
Nigeria minister of health I heard called the American pharmacy with d zmapp for their drugs aveg make dem rush we go manage am like that....
even self where these boko boys dey abi dem too dey fear or are so shocked of the disease. ...
e be like say na inside the most tomid part of North safe pass for now..Boko or no Boko...better to die instantly die to die agonizingly and very slowly
ewooo!!!! na fear go first kill us

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Leopantro: 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
Mexyz: If you know you had a contact with the said persons and you are on nl reading this, pls report yourself to the appropriate authorities bikonu. God help us.

For what? On channelsTv over the weekend, when the commissioner was asked how isolation was to be done he said the patients were given thermometers to check their temperatures themselves and told to stay at home, plus to eat good food. Do toy know how difficult it is to keep someone against his or her will for how many days, against their will? The two that's I know have run away from Lagos. Every one is afraid.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Autolord: 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
The very first day Ebola was recorded in Nigeria, all primary, secondary and tertiary contacts should have been isolated and monitored for at least 21 days, all flights from and to affected countries should have been banned temporary, emergency Ebola nos should have been published and the citizens of Nigeria should have been educated through radio, newspaper, online media and TV about Ebola. Rather after how many days, that is when they begin manhunt for secondary contacts. That is how they waited for boko haram to expand...

11 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by UnknownT: 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
*crying* 27?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before next week it may get to 100 cry God punish Mr. Sawyer wherever he is right now

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Hoba007: 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
If you really know how this country works, we should be worried. This country where the only thing our leaders
thinks and talk about is election , politics and how give themselves more allowance when we have SERIOUS issue like ebola!?

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by rastamouse: 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
Leopantro: The bottom line is that we cannot provide the
requisite expertise needed to manage these
confirmed and probable cases

But I thought you said doctors have volunteered to help out.

Ebola horror: When Nigeria's first case was told he had Ebola, he pulled down pants and URINATED on the doctors - FPAfrica

BTW, I know where two are.

My friend you need to be quarantined

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Babamide(m): 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ebola: the beginning of the end. Are we going to try and imagine how many people the 27 have come in contact with??

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by dammyjay93(m): 6:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
Leopantro: The bottom line is that we cannot provide the
requisite expertise needed to manage these
confirmed and probable cases

But I thought you said doctors have volunteered to help out.

Ebola horror: When Nigeria's first case was told he had Ebola, he pulled down pants and URINATED on the doctors - FPAfrica

BTW, I know where two are.
wariz this one saying
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by ElFenomeno1: 6:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Mexyz: If you know you had a contact with the said persons and you are on nl reading this, pls report yourself to the appropriate authorities bikonu. God help us.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
I'm sitting here in the UK thinking it's only been 1/2 days ago that British Airways stopped flying to Sierra Leone and Liberia.This has been news for months!!!! Disease is no longer of a village, people are not so stagnant, so why do we all act like distance is security?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by makazona(m): 6:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
CharlieMaria: .

dont tell me u hv joined ds despicable team.pls repent or i trace u.lolz

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Tonylyte(m): 6:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
I cnt die of ebola...i aint human anymore, coz i dnt bleed blood anymore, i now bleed codeine! Popp codeine well! Well! Off, then 4get sorrow!
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by BlackHuman(m): 6:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
It's times like these I remember how useless this country is; nothing works in this country, nothing!.....

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by YourCoffin: 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
Everybody is thinking it. I'm saying it.

It's time we barricaded and quarantined the whole of Lagos. No more movement in and out of the city. But they should wait let me get to the east first. Operation Quarantine of Lagos should begin next tomorrow...

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by mazeltov(m): 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
grin grin bt honestly wahala dey oo, they shud make sure dat they contrl dx ebola of a thing bcus lagos is such a place whereby anthing dat happens there either gud/bad must surely spread all over to anóda places due to it diverse economic/financial activities and d rate of population there bcus i'm sure dat the rate at which pple makes contact in lagos would b very high and the worst would happen if these pple shud travel to anoda state!!!! for hw long will they be able to trace them
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by azpekuliar: 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
mrking3: Thankfully, the body of patrick was burnt to ashes! So no need to wish him to Hell anymore!! This man is just an Agent of the devil released to destroy the world!

You're insane dude.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by bossanmayor(m): 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
pls let stop all diz prayers n talk bout cure
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Liamm(m): 6:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
Na God go punish that patrick Sawyer abi na suya. My intuition tells me that he deliberately flew into this country to transmit the virus.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
More on how Ebola is spread via BATS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao0dqJvH4a0

Watch and learn.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
See what this Ebola virus has caused. I switched on my Nokia phone, and the two hands refused to shake hands.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by majamajic(m): 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
Wetin carry this Liberia man enter naija, there's less blast in the north since the ebola outbreak in the west.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Vincenzi: 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
Mickey7: While others get a hundred plus likes for their comments,No one ever likes my comment please advise me
Lol!
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by phemmyjohnson: 6:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
This is it!!
27more pipu!!
First it was the doctors that had contact with the Liberian Man
Now its those that had contacts with the Doctors and Nurses
This is what we get for having imcompetent officials managing our economy
If care is not taking, its just gonna look like circular flow of income for the economy
Buh in this case, its gonna be called Circular Flow of Man hunt
HOW- The flow of the disease might reach the stage where the Hunters[FG] hunt themselves and families for the disease..

Believe me or not!! This epidemic will not wipe us out because God still lives and he is the Cure..
I don't f*cking give a damn if you believe in God or not..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Commits Suicide After Her Mum Accused Her Of Taking Her Money (Photos) / 'beard Gang Can Give You A Vaginal Infection' - Nigerian Doctor Claims / How Do You Deal With Your Pimples?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.