Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts (51019 Views)

Ebola: Lagos Okays N50m Grants To First Consultant Medical Centre / Ebola: Lagos Govt Confirms 2 Contact With Dead Victim Had Fever / Ebola: Lagos Govt Identifies 59 Contacts With dead Liberian Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 07, 2014
EBOLA WAS CREATED IN THE LAB JUST TO MAKE BIG
MONEY FROM GOVERNMENTS ACROSS THE GLOBE..
"Don't be deceived Africans wake up stop acting like
fools".
They will go into the lab,invent a disease they claim has
no cure,they will come to Africa infect one or two persons
with it because they know its faster to spread it in
Africa,then they will be the first to tell us the name eg
HIV,EBOLA, governments across the world will donate
money to research which they will pocket because there's
no research they know the in and out of ït, making big
money from killing people.
Ask yourself, how come when a disease break in Africa
they are they first to tell us the precautionary measures to
put in place, if its a new disease like they claim how come
they know so much about it including the symptoms,since
when have they been carrying out this research to have
known all the symptoms and preventive measures to put
in place if they are not the ones that invented and injected
it into human,just to make us believe they will say it came
from monkeys,gorillas or ape, is it today we've been
coming in contact with monkeys and gorillas how come
they make us believe that all the disease that has no cure
come from these animals don't they have monkeys and
gorillas abroad if they do then why is it that it is always
because Africans came in contact with these animals is
why they were infected with diseases,even when we fully
know that they do all sorts with these animals even the
way we can't, they are the ones that kiss monkeys and
even have sex with them .. This disease are just like
system virus where someone will create a virus and anti
virus just to make big money from software companies
across the globe.. Don't be deceived EBOLA is one of
those virus created in the lab and infected on people just
to make big money inform of research from government
across the globe..
NB: you will hear the first person that die of these
diseases is an American but later you will hear no
American is having theses diseases but millions are dying
from it in Africa,its simple test it in America but spread it
in Africa to make big money from fools.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by BetaThings: 1:23am On Aug 07, 2014
vedaxcool: This is very disturbing, I assumed they would have quaratined everybody that the late sawyer came in contact with?
The culprit is really the federal government
They were more concerned about NOT CAUSING PANIC
Lagos state wanted to apply very drastic measures
The Minister who is now more of a politician (with an eye on Ebonyi gov race) voted it down

It takes us 2 weeks )max) to settle NUPEND strike
Doctors have been on strike for a month!
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 1:26am On Aug 07, 2014
Someone wrote this on yahoo group and quoted WHO..

"Men who have recovered from the disease can still TRANSMIT the virus through their semen for up to 7 weeks after recovery from this illness."
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Bifwoli: 2:51am On Aug 07, 2014
Time to ban ALL flights from Nigeria.Their high population and the way they move all over the world just makes Nigeria a far more potent ebola threat than the 3 original ebola nations
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by akandejames: 3:03am On Aug 07, 2014
The same people who brought Ebola through a Liberian American citizen that deliberately infected our medical personnels in Lagos are also responsible for these boko haram boys.

They will soon be exposed by God's grace just as ISIS is now exposed as a CIA covert operation to destabilize the whole of middle east

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/08/04/french-report-isil-leader-mossad/

How long will it take for us to realize who the real devil is? Their plan is to reduce human population as much as possible. May God save us oooooooooooooo
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by lastpage: 3:04am On Aug 07, 2014
Leopantro: The bottom line is that we cannot provide the
requisite expertise needed to manage these
confirmed and probable cases

But I thought you said doctors have volunteered to help out.

Ebola horror: When Nigeria's first case was told he had Ebola, he pulled down pants and URINATED on the doctors - FPAfrica

BTW, I know where two are.

Stop saying NONSENSE!
Patrick Sawyer was ALREADY infected in Liberia (his sister also died of Ebola in Liberia), before even entering the shores of Nigeria.
So how can he be "Nigeria's first case"?.

The Doctor who treated him and later died, was Nigeria's first case cause the infection happened in Nigeria, followed by the Nurse, both of which he urinated on!
Such a Basta*rd of a man.

Lastpage!
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by mez(m): 3:26am On Aug 07, 2014
Leopantro:

Selfishness? No, it's frustration.
Last week, I got information about a patient who recently traveled and had some of these symptoms from two market women. I begged and eventually got the relatives number. The relatives preferred home treatment due to financial constrain. I pleaded with them to take the man to hospital, they refused. I called the health department in Abuja and was repeatedly transferred to different individuals until I was referred to the state health officer. When I told him ably the situation, he told me that since the man refused medical attention there was nothing he could do. This was after one hour of my credit wasted. I gave up at that point.
The man later died.
And someone will later tell me that I'm selfish and greedy rather than call the government to order

This is a scary situation now that the IA may soon be suspended. Those working in A&E beware. No more common room things...
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Malakh: 3:53am On Aug 07, 2014
Flytefalls:
sad
grin
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 07, 2014
mryoungdon: EBOLA WAS CREATED IN THE LAB JUST TO MAKE BIG
MONEY FROM GOVERNMENTS ACROSS THE GLOBE..
"Don't be deceived Africans wake up stop acting like
fools".
They will go into the lab,invent a disease they claim has
no cure,they will come to Africa infect one or two persons
with it because they know its faster to spread it in
Africa,then they will be the first to tell us the name eg
HIV,EBOLA, governments across the world will donate
money to research which they will pocket because there's
no research they know the in and out of ït, making big
money from killing people.

They most likely won't make much money from it....drug companies that make HIV drugs have actually lost money because the WHO and the UN have forced them to reduce prices....and also because of generic copies of the drugs. It will be the same with Ebola .

(And the funny thing is that some people say that there is no research into Ebola because there is no kudi in it.Odd that!)

And who invented the influenza virus that killed thousands more than Ebola in 1918,,,killed up to 100million people? And how do you know Ebola was man made? Are you a medical scientist or virologist?

Ask yourself, how come when a disease break in Africa
they are they first to tell us the precautionary measures to
put in place,

Because they have good preventive health measures. Unlike Nigeria.

if its a new disease like they claim how come
they know so much about it including the symptoms,since
when have they been carrying out this research to have
known all the symptoms and preventive measures to put
in place if they are not the ones that invented and injected
it into human,just to make us believe they will say it came
from monkeys,gorillas or ape, is it today we've been
coming in contact with monkeys and gorillas how come
they make us believe that all the disease that has no cure
come from these animals don't they have monkeys and
gorillas abroad if they do then why is it that it is always
because Africans came in contact with these animals is
why they were infected with diseases,even when we fully
know that they do all sorts with these animals even the
way we can't, they are the ones that kiss monkeys and
even have sex with them

They know all about Ebola because since the 1976 outbreak....they have been researching it....research work we Africans refuse to do because we prefer to share the money.

There are dozens of different species of monkeys and gorillas around the world,and even in Africa...so your point about them is rubbish.

And again how do you know it was invented? Were you there? Documentary proof?

. This disease are just like
system virus where someone will create a virus and anti
virus just to make big money from software companies
across the globe.. Don't be deceived EBOLA is one of
those virus created in the lab and infected on people just
to make big money inform of research from government
across the globe..

HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL THAT? And the above shows that you have no understanding of virology at all....or how viruses work.

NB: you will hear the first person that die of these
diseases is an American but later you will hear no
American is having theses diseases but millions are dying
from it in Africa,

Yes....because as soon as an American comes down with an infectious disease....he is rushed to a high quality isolation unit....and all mega precautions are taken . Whereas in Africa....where most of our health care facilities are not working properly, where we have poor reporting capability concerning infectious diseases, where preventive health is bad,where we have limited health care facilities, etc.

Stop the conspiracy theories....instead..vote in governments that will takeour country on the path of innovation and scientific development....instead of sharing money

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 07, 2014
It shall be well Nigeria
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 07, 2014
akandejames: The same people who brought Ebola through a Liberian American citizen that deliberately infected our medical personnels in Lagos are also responsible for these boko haram boys.

Sigh....another one.

Look, the early signs of Ebola are fever, general body pains and malaise....symptoms I see every day in my job as a doctor....and who all turn out to have Malaria. Bleeding comes later. Sawyer probably did not know he had Ebola...(and he had had contact with a relative of his who died of what turned out to be Ebola)..he (very possibly) thought he had Malaria....it was when he started bleeding in Lagos...that the suspicions began.

They will soon be exposed by God's grace just as ISIS is now exposed as a CIA covert operation to destabilize the whole of middle east

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/08/04/french-report-isil-leader-mossad/

Mate...I hate to break this to you...but the problems in the Middle East (and even Nigeria)are the legacy of bad governments....not the CIA.,or even religion.

Sort out these problems...and ISIS and Boko will vanish.

How long will it take for us to realize who the real devil is? Their plan is to reduce human population as much as possible. May God save us oooooooooooooo

Compared to the 1918 flu pandemic that killed up to 100million people....Ebola is not doing a good job.

And the reason why people are dying of Ebola is because in most African countries ,preventive health is in a dire state.Plus when someone falls sick,he does not get to hospital immediately.....he stays at home....and MOST of our hospitals do not have isolation facilites AT all. And because of increasing population....we are increasingly clearing forest land....and disturbing the habitats of the Ebola animal hosts....thus picking up the infections from them more easily.

When will we Africans learn from our mistakes.?

Stop blaming others for mistakes you can correct yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Mickey7(m): 7:03am On Aug 07, 2014
Mickey7: While others get a hundred plus likes for their comments,No one ever likes my comment please advise me
114 likes! I'm so ecstatic.yoy do not know how much this means to me cry thank you nairalanders.thanks
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 07, 2014
Yapachinno: It shall be well Nigeria

Does saying this ever work?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Onegai(f): 7:33am On Aug 07, 2014
bushdoc9919:

When will we Africans learn from our mistakes.?

Stop blaming others for mistakes you can correct yourself.

Guy, you're making too much sense. Abeg stop, their brains can't handle it.

These people screaming conspiracy will, once MSF and foreign doctors come, carry cutlass and chase them out of their vicinity, saying they're the ones spreading the disease. Then pray to God for healing and complain bitterly that America has not sent the cure down.
Without taking precautions of washing or avoiding any sick person, infact hiding sick relatives.

The sheer level of stu.pidity is mind-boggling.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by amaechi2020: 7:36am On Aug 07, 2014
#OBAMA STOP EBOLA SPREAD IN AFRICA#
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by chamboy(m): 7:52am On Aug 07, 2014
If Jona deploys Soldiers to Osun like it a War zone this Election weekend then I know he's Wat dey call him
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Dcaliphate(m): 8:23am On Aug 07, 2014
hunt them down, quarantine their last strand of hair
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by zeongeon: 8:52am On Aug 07, 2014
This is the kind of uncertainity we get when we have greedy, selfish, wicked plus useless leaders that are concerned about squandering nigerian resources..With all the money in this country we couldn't play proactive by establishing screening centers at d airport or point of entry.

Well I expected it to go down like this in Nigeria when we can't even cub terrorism and corruption how then can we curtail ebola

From Hiv/Aids that ravaged Nigeria then now Ebola soon it will be the T-Virus..its a gradual process before we start having ganados, majini's and world war z kind of zombies.

Naija do people have to die first or do we have to let things get out of hand before we react?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Charlesgodwin90(m): 9:25am On Aug 07, 2014
OPEN LETTER TO EBOLA VIRUS.
Dear Ebola, pls we ar stil trying to survive 1. Cancer 2. ASUU/asup strike 3. Corrupt politician 4. Hiv/aids 5. Bokoharam 6. Nepa 7. Unemployment 8. 419ners 9. Fulani herdsmen 10.rivalry (pdp vs apc).
As u can see, we already have enough problem in ds country to last a life time (probable our generation yet unborn) ; problems without cure. Adding ursef as No.11, will be as d late Fela said 'double wahala for dead body'.
If u wil b more lenient with us, spare us ur presence because no b only us waka cum. And if u wud be so dumb to listen to us, we cant fight back. But always remember diariss godd ooo
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by ibdeals1(m): 9:40am On Aug 07, 2014
i hope they find them o embarassed
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 07, 2014
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by obi123: 10:12am On Aug 07, 2014
question- so where have they moved those other patients who also have highly contagious diseases to ?
answer- i guess somewhere inadequate where they can freely infect others and then we can start to deal with a TB epidemic
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by Legendoscar2: 10:13am On Aug 07, 2014
Leopantro: The bottom line is that we cannot provide the
requisite expertise needed to manage these
confirmed and probable cases

But I thought you said doctors have volunteered to help out.

Ebola horror: When Nigeria's first case was told he had Ebola, he pulled down pants and URINATED on the doctors - FPAfrica

BTW, I know where two are.

You one of them? sad
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by jpphilips(m): 10:44am On Aug 07, 2014
Lagos state Govt should put a notice thus;

If you visited so so hospital in the last three weeks, kindly call so so and so number, for checks.
This is not only the Govts call, this is for citizens too, If I were you lagosians, stay away from public places, crowded market, clubs and churches.
this threat is real!!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by jpphilips(m): 10:47am On Aug 07, 2014
obi123: question- so where have they moved those other patients who also have highly contagious diseases to ?
answer- i guess somewhere inadequate where they can freely infect others and then we can start to deal with a TB epidemic

Do you have epidemic for a curable disease? even if it runs amok, it will definitely be taken care of
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by jpphilips(m): 10:51am On Aug 07, 2014
richeso: Wether you like am or you no like am
America has a hand in this.
All ebola victims from usa get cured of the disease from private*********
Why are africans dieing and americans have the cure for this?
Is this some trick targeted to nigerians ?

How many research institutes are funded by Africans? you think the Americans got the cure from space? you are either a child or a complete m0r0n.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by jpphilips(m): 10:54am On Aug 07, 2014
chidikus: EBOLA.HMMM.HIV NATURES NATURAL WAY OF TAKING CARE OF POPULATION EXPLOSION.In the earth we have south pole.North pole.West pole.East pole.They all repel each other with diffrent characteristics.We have good-bad,Life-death.Every thing in life has an opposite.I SAID EVERYTHING IN LIFE HAS OPPOSITE.No matter how hard we pray what will be will be.Malaria came in the 50s killed like ebola but today it can be controlled.it kills those it can kill.Primarily Ebola is a welcome development in Africa.let CREMATION be applied to all dead bodies.embalming and motuaries help in the spread of all this rubbish diseases in AFRI A.whats the essence of washing a dead body that is ash.will it wash the sins away.HIV-AIDS brought awareness on use of protective coats and oda sex awareness..Ebola will bring a great civilization in the way Afri a bury the dead.lying in state shld be scarapped.
THANKS AFRICA BRODAS

Salient points but its mode of transmission should be of concern to individuals beyond the morgue scene, rumor has it that a cleaner is showing symptoms for cleaning sawyer's piss, now how do you address that?
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by jpphilips(m): 10:57am On Aug 07, 2014
teeowl: did the liberian really urinate on the doctors or are u just joking?

A cleaner cleaned his piss and got infected, the doctor must have made obvious contact with the patient, being an American, I can imagine the kinda tender loving care he will be getting from the hospital workers, with thank you egunje at the back of their minds.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by mbulela: 10:57am On Aug 07, 2014
I wish to ask this again;
Who died? The nurse or the doctor or both?
The info in the public domain is so confusing.
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by saintikechi(m): 11:09am On Aug 07, 2014
27 people on death row
Re: Ebola: Lagos Begins Man-hunt For 27 Secondary Contacts by jpphilips(m): 11:20am On Aug 07, 2014
duni04: In the immortal words of our Minister of Information 4 months ago when there were rumours about an Ebola outbreak in Nigeria.
“Nigeria is ready, because the Ministry has taken every precaution, including getting the vaccines and medicines in case there was any incident in Nigeria"- Labaran Maku
In any respectable and responsible country this man would have resigned in shame immediately it was announced they a Nigerian had died of the disease 4 months later.

You really blame Labran a natural high man? what about the Insane Health minister, "doctor" with "Prof" attached who said no Nigerian has the virus, a virus with incubation period of three weeks.
Nigerians are led by not just incompetent but cursed and dead brains. It is not like the incompetence is not affecting them, they are just too dumb to realize that having m0r0ns in places of authority will not only jeopardize their safety but, has no guarantee for their future.

Like we have seen here on Nairaland, Nigerians who have sound IQ are very few and since democracy is a game of numbers, the m0r0ns always elect their type while the erudite look on.

How did a Gov of bayelsa who failed woefully get 22.5m votes to become the president, run an IQ test on those 22.5million people then subtract from the population of voting age, the verdict is a proof that Majority of Nigerians are m0r0ns.

Nigeria does not deserve democracy else the majority of these fvcktards will continue to determine leadership for us,
I propose a govt where the average Nigerian will cease to vote, voting will be left for professional bodies and the Academia, after all nobody votes in a prime minister.

My buddies bar yesterday came up with a policy of hand washing before entering the premises, I was shocked when the majority of the customers kicked vehemently against it, the owner of the place was left in Limbo.

By the way, why would an Illiterate vote in an election? Democracy is the worst thing that has happened to Africans.
mbulela: I wish to ask this again;
Who died? The nurse or the doctor or both?
The info in the public domain is so confusing.

Doctor is dead, Nurse is dead, cleaner is in quarantine (says anecdotes) the rest have been confirmed on the WHO web site

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Commits Suicide After Her Mum Accused Her Of Taking Her Money (Photos) / 'beard Gang Can Give You A Vaginal Infection' - Nigerian Doctor Claims / How Do You Deal With Your Pimples?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.