Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics (17198 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / All Catholics Will Go To Hell - Chris Okotie / Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:32am On Aug 15, 2014
kendrick93: just to clarify do u people ever mention or call Jesus name or his father God d almighty when u guys pray? cos i haven't

If you haven't like you said, pls do. We call that always, Jesus and Mary are not in a competition.

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by FMary(m): 9:33am On Aug 15, 2014
Omexonomy: How proper is it to assume mary is in heaven?
God said in Lk 1:28 "Hail, full of grace" while St. Elizabeth in Lk 1:42 filled with the Holy Spirit said "You are most blessed among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb". Rev 12:17 speaks of the rest of her children, those who keep God's commandments and bear witness to Jesus, while the Blessed Virgin Mary in Lk 1:48 says "from this time henceforth all ages shall call me blessed".

When you fulfill the the Word of God and call Mary Blessed, indeed you are blessed too. Our generation call Mary blessed and indeed we too are blessed.

Happy feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

8 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by THEHEALER(m): 9:33am On Aug 15, 2014
O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Sorrowful and Immaculate heart of Mary, Pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary,that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, We fly unto thee, O Virgin Of Virgins, our Mother. To thee we come, before thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in your Mercy hear and answer us. Amen
Blessed feast day to all!

6 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 15, 2014
MARY MOTHER OF GOD
PLEASE PRAY FOR ME A WRETCHED SINNER

2 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by haibe(m): 9:36am On Aug 15, 2014
wonda26: Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.

Happy Feast of Assumption
but this is idolatry, you should cry to the Father, or at least Jesus who is the mediator between man and God.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Jasi7(m): 9:36am On Aug 15, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: happy birthday dear. Why do i only know about things when they are in their final stage or being hatched?

Once again, happy birthday smiley
is it your feast day or birthday exactly? Thought your birthday is in february?

Pls pls...kidda abeg i wan ask u make u try modify ur post small...ur padi say make I tel u say na for security reasons...i hope say u go understand wetin I dey try talk
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 15, 2014
FrankySnow: Thanks Francistony , I just came online to see if somebody would have posted this. Its my birthday and my feast day( Maria assumpta) . congrat to moi.

Sal C keeps inspiring me, God bless you.

#Teamcatholicforever#
Happy birthday dear and happy feast of the Assumption. Hope you attended mass today to celebrate? Anyway I'm expecting my own slice of the cake later.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by haibe(m): 9:38am On Aug 15, 2014
FMary:
God said in Lk 1:28 "Hail, full of grace" while St. Elizabeth in Lk 1:42 filled with the Holy Spirit said "You are most blessed among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb". Rev 12:17 speaks of the rest of her children, those who keep God's commandments and bear witness to Jesus, while the Blessed Virgin Mary in Lk 1:48 says "from this time henceforth all ages shall call me blessed".

When you fulfill the the Word of God and call Mary Blessed, indeed you are blessed too. Our generation call Mary blessed and indeed we too are blessed.

Happy feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

If you are sure, when then do you assume?

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 9:39am On Aug 15, 2014
Ave Maria, Mater Dei...Ora Pro nobis peccatoribus

8 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by haibe(m): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2014
emmabest2000: Bleesed Mother The Course Of Our Joy ... Pray For Us ....
Lol so Jesus is the course of your sorrow abi?
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 15, 2014
Hmmmm...this people

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by btoks: 9:42am On Aug 15, 2014
superior1: Assumption of Mary

Another demonic and ridiculous doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church
Please let us know what authority/proof you are relying on to make this statement. If it's the bible, please let us know what authority allows you believe in the writings. Perhaps it's your pastor, again let's know the authority.

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 9:43am On Aug 15, 2014
its will with my soul
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 15, 2014
But bible not history book undecided
Okijajuju1: WTF is this?

Mary did not 'assumption' into heaven. angry

That shiit is not on record in the Bible. angry
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 15, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: happy birthday dear. Nearly mistook you for my e-wifey mz mariah.
You guys share the same name.
I really want to meet this mzmariah that both you and FrancisTony is mistaking me for. like seriously how in earth can we behave alike even if we share the same name? shocked do I really behave like her?
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Okijajuju1(m): 9:45am On Aug 15, 2014
HKCOMPANY: But bible not history book undecided

Decode this Da'Vinci Code biko..
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by kendrick93(m): 9:46am On Aug 15, 2014
Syncan:

If you haven't like you said, pls do. We call that always, Jesus and Mary are not in a competition.
i meant i havn't heared u guys say it. but since u hav clarrified it,i now understand
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by emmabest2000(m): 9:46am On Aug 15, 2014
damerry:

If you may ask of scriptural backup, here's a few.

Specific Old Testament passages On The Assumption of Mary

"Arise, O Lord, into your resting place: you and the ark, which you have sanctified" (Ps. 132 verse 8 );

The Ark of the Covenant, built of incorruptible wood and placed in the Lord's temple, is a type of the most pure body of the Virgin Mary, preserved and exempt from all the corruption of the tomb and raised up to such glory in heaven.

Likewise, Mary is the Spouse of the Canticles "that goes up by the desert, as a pillar of smoke of aromatical spices, of myrrh and frankincense" to be crowned (Song 3:6; cf. also 4:8, 6:9).

These are proposed as depicting that heavenly Queen and heavenly Spouse who has been lifted up to the courts of heaven with the divine Bridegroom.

Specific New Testament passages On The Assumption Of Mary

Mary is that woman clothed with the sun whom John the Apostle contemplated on the Island of Patmos (Rev. 12:1ff)

Similarly, giving special attention to these words of the New Testament:

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women"(Luke 1:28)

in the mystery of the Assumption, is the fulfillment of that most perfect grace granted to the Blessed Virgin and the special blessing that countered the curse of Eve.
To those that BELIEVED no evidence is needed and to those that didn't BELIEVED no evidence is enough . Pray For Us Oh Holy Mother Of God , That We MayBe Made Worthy Of The Promises Of Christ ..
Mother Mary Mother Billionaire Mama Mu I Love You ....

8 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 15, 2014
Syncan:

Happy birth and feastday to you.
Thanks.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by titoetal(m): 9:47am On Aug 15, 2014
Mary, help of christians and mediatrix of all graces - Pray for us.

For my other christians brethren who are not comfortable with the place of honour the Catholic church revered to Mary, think over this;
1. If Jesus Christ is the Son of God incarnate and one and the same as the Almighty God, and Mary is the mother of Jesus, then Mary is the mother of God.
2. If sentence 1a above holds but disagree that Mary is not the mother of God but mother of Jesus, then you are saying that Jesus is not the Son of God nor God.

Elizabeth first called Mary mother of God when the Holy Spirit caused her to proclaim so during Mary's visit in Lk. 1:41-43.
Let's not flog issues, for them that believe, pls be strong. Those who doubt, I pray we shall agree soon for Christ has already offered the prayer in Jn. 17.
There are many expositions and historical facts to the Church's teachings.

Happy feast day.

9 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 15, 2014
APContherun:
Happy birthday dear and happy feast of the Assumption. Hope you attended mass today to celebrate? Anyway I'm expecting my own slice of the cake later.
Thank you. smiley
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by hurricaneChris: 9:51am On Aug 15, 2014
Ave Maria mater Dei, Ora pro nobis peccatoribus.

Happy feast day.

*getting prepared for Dominic's mid day mass*
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nehemiah459(m): 9:53am On Aug 15, 2014
UP-NEPA embarassed

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 15, 2014
superior1:

So one mumu pope claiming to be infallible commanded all Catholics to believe in the doctrine and that was it
Why don't you stop this nonsense. I hate it when people feel they must insult or call others names to make their points. You don't understand and accept Church's teachings on Assumption, why don't you chill and let the Catholics believe what they want. Calling the leader of the Church mumu is not exactly elegant you know?

5 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 15, 2014
FrankySnow: I really want to meet this mzmariah that both you and FrancisTony is mistaking me for. like seriously how in earth can we behave alike even if we share the same name? shocked do I really behave like her?
do a local search for her moniker.

You can't meet her right now.

She is serving a ban ATM.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Lenzz(m): 9:55am On Aug 15, 2014
Happy feast day good friends

Missed this morning's mass
Hope to make Sangotedo's 6pm Regina Pacis mass though

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by gbaskipro: 9:58am On Aug 15, 2014
My dear catholics, happy feast day! What a special day as we honour the Blessed virgin mary. My advice for you all is that don't be faced with silly comments from powerless persecutors of the church, they will always talk but we will always remain roman and remain the largest religious group in the world. Dontc or whatever but we know that if we were not the true church we won't last up to 2000years. So my fllow catholics leave persecutors alone and 09:53:58 them talk we have seen larger persecutors in the past and we will continue to see them but as usual we remain strong NO SHAKING! I Believe in One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by SalC: 9:58am On Aug 15, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics/162
Inviting all Catholics here to the official Catholic thread on Nairaland. Come and interact with your fellow Catholics.

Welcome already cheesy

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by buoye1(m): 9:59am On Aug 15, 2014
Ok....hearing that 4 d 1st tym
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by AdeniyiA(m): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2014
Does Mary pray for people? wouldn't it be better if Jesus prays instead?

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 15, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: do a local search for her moniker.

You can't meet her right now.

She is serving a ban ATM.

Why?
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Amack(m): 10:03am On Aug 15, 2014
kendrick93: just to clarify do u people ever mention or call Jesus name or his father God d almighty when u guys pray? cos i haven't
. This is not a day of Argument. you can tell that to you pastor I hope he will have a meaningful answer that you will love to hear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". / Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / Ramadan: Election Riggers, Kidnappers, Yahoo Boys Fasting In Vain, Say Clerics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.