Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics (17183 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / All Catholics Will Go To Hell - Chris Okotie / Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by CharlieMaria(m): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2014
Omexonomy: How proper is it to assume mary is in heaven?
It is well fitting and proper for she is the worthy Mother of Christ. God received his sacred humanity, I.e his flesh from Mother Mary. Hence well fitting it was that, the very flesh which the Son of God took should not know corruption or decay. QED.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2014
outstandingsyll: If she ascended to the right hand of God, where did Jesus Christ ascend to? May God have mercy on you Catholics and open your eyes to the truth and accept it
Catholics don't say Mary ascended into heaven or seated at the right hand of God as you mischeviously wrote. Only Jesus ascended and seated at the right hand of God, Mary was assumed body and soul into heaven. Stop misinforming people to achieve your dirty purpose.
Leave us Catholics to believe what we want and face your own beliefs.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Janetozi(f): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2014
Explain song 3:6 and let me know how Solomon and Mary later became couple.
damerry:

Hypocrite.!

Now you will agree that Mary is the woman in revelation 12 huh?

Did you not accuse Catholics of twsiting bible to suits thremselves. I quoted the same revelation 12 and you were the first among heretics to shout foul and impute it to selfish measures.

How you suddenly made a u-turn thinking you will catch me unawares is quite amusing.

You're still a learner. First Settle your hypocrisy and get back to me.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by ekolina(m): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2014
Happy assumption day and happy birthday to u
FrankySnow: Thanks Francistony , I just came online to see if somebody would have posted this. Its my birthday and my feast day( Maria assumpta) . congrat to moi.

Sal C keeps inspiring me, God bless you.

#Teamcatholicforever#
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 15, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: unlawfully banned by seun! angry

Reason?
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 15, 2014
wonda26: Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.

Happy Feast of Assumption

Only GOD is Holy! GOD the Father, Son and Spirit.
Please do not provoke God, He is a jealous God.

Why do u pray to only Mary, why don't you cry to "Holy Joseph" or Holy Elijah or Holy David or Holy Pope John Paul!

May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by olotumogbo(m): 10:54am On Aug 15, 2014
Behold all generation shall call me BLESSED, Gospel of Luke. Aboki de sell Rosary, Rappers de wear am climb stage,

'Hail full of Grace' Gospel of Mathew, when the Angel Apear to Her where were you?

Person way nova lick orange can not agree if it is sweet.

'Do what ever he tells you to do'. Gospel of Luck. (The first miracle our Lord perfomed) Power of influence.

A home can not be complete without a Mother. (Na woman born orphan)

Do you remember Uzah the man who tried to touch the Ark of the Covenant. What happen to him? ( Who carried JESUS in her womb for 9month).

I can go on and on.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with you blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb JESUS,

Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sins now and the hour of our death. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 15, 2014
Sweetlemon:

grin grin grin Their matter don tire me. Just allow them abeg.

You mean your ignorance don tire you? smiley

Point out a worship or remain silent forever. smiley
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2014
David0: Jesus said..."I am the way, the truth and Life, No one cometh to the Father except by me"...John 14:6.

When so much emphasies is given to the mother, she becomes a god before your eyes.

Questions to ponder on: Did Mary remain a virgin after the birth of Jesus?
Does it mean Joseph never met his wife all thru their marriage?
How is it, the Bible never recorded any information about Mary after the ascention of Jesus?

We all have what we believe though, but for this count me out.

Even at a tender age, Jesus Christ has started detaching himself from her seeing her as an earthly being.

Is someone trying to tell me that Mary never had children after Jesus? Jesus even acknowledged the others kids of Mary during his persecution.

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by mzjaney(f): 11:02am On Aug 15, 2014
Memorare

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by xynerise: 11:04am On Aug 15, 2014
FrancisTony:

You mean your ignorance don tire you? smiley

Point out a worship or remain silent forever. smiley
People keep inflicting pains in their hearts because of our belief. Doesn't that worth celebrating? grin

Ask them if they have a strong christian faith before condeming us catholics. Hypocrisy doesn't have a better definition than this

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by xynerise: 11:05am On Aug 15, 2014
SeaGold:

Even at a tender age, Jesus Christ has started detaching himself from her seeing her as an earthly being.

Is someone trying to tell me that Mary never had children after Jesus? Jesus even acknowledged the others kids of Mary during his persecution.
Other kids? You mean John? undecided
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 15, 2014
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 15, 2014
barcanista: Prayer Vetoed, Mary is insignificant in the Heavenly order. cheesy cheesy

Honestly Angel Gabriel and Michael will appeal more to God than an earthly conscripted interceding.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Janetozi(f): 11:08am On Aug 15, 2014
Was that verse refferinq to Mary?

Why do catholics always assume that anywhere "queen" is mentioned in the bible then it is refferinq to Mary?

But not all king mentioned in the bible is referred ti "Jesus"

the king in that verse is referred to the king of Judah or Israel.

The queen was the woman that the king married and not marry

all do u want to tell me that marry is the queen of every king in the bible? Is Mary the wife of many men?

***Liars of the highest order***
SalC: Nobody said she "ascended" and yes she is at the right hand of Jesus Christ. Psalm 45:9
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by ayooluniran(m): 11:08am On Aug 15, 2014
Jesus is the only access to the father Acts 4:12, it's only in his blood that we have redemption....hebrews 12:25......Jesus name is d only name God honours in prayer phil2:9-10....

Any other name in which we pray to God is idolatry.....PERIOD!

I've gone through the bible and yet to see where we were asked to pray through or to mary......it's just like d jews claiming to be abraham's children and saw clearly the truth of christ being d messiah, but where not willing to accept and still stuck to d 'law'.

SUMMARY.....that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and d fellowship of his suffering, being made conformed even unto his death, if by any means....I might attain unto resurrection from d dead.......and I know dat I will.....John 3:16-19, 10:10

COME LORD JESUS,........we are waiting for you!
BE PREPARED....start 'packing', drop d xtra 'luggages'

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by damerry(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2014
Janetozi: Explain song 3:6 and let me know how Solomon and Mary later became couple.

Is the songs of solomon exclusive only to Solomon?

If No, case closed!

If yes, what is it doing in the bible? Couldn't it have been a romance novel and have no biblical business?

Btw. The last time i checked, i did not only quote chapter 3:6, i also made mention of 4:8, and 6:9 and all three are intertwined, hence read (Song 3:6; cf. also 4:8, 6:9).

It's obvious that you avoided those two to capitalize on a singular verse with baseless arguments. Give me a break, i ain't a Novice.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 15, 2014
SeaGold:

Honestly Angel Gabriel and Michael will appeal more to God than an earthly conscripted interceding.
Angel Gabriel will be laughing at some people's foolishness
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by wonda26(m): 11:11am On Aug 15, 2014
bbpreye:
Only GOD is Holy! GOD the Father, Son and Spirit.
Please do not provoke God, He is a jealous God.

Why do u pray to only Mary, why don't you cry to "Holy Joseph" or Holy Elijah or Holy David or Holy Pope John Paul!

May God help us.

But u can kneel before your daddy and mummy GO to pray/intercede for you....

Your pastor has his pix and that of his wife on ur church's signpost....

Your church's hierarchy began some few years ago and its hierachy ends with some man and his wife with their sons as elect....

It is not enough to criticize ...to argue.... Identify yourself.... Who are you? What do you believe in? What faith do you practise? What church do you attend? Don't you want new 'converts'? undecided

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by xynerise: 11:12am On Aug 15, 2014
barcanista: Angel Gabriel will be laughing at some people's foolishness
Our foolishness, Our problem. Work on your salvation because your condemnation doesn't guarantee you a place in heaven. cool

2 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by olotumogbo(m): 11:13am On Aug 15, 2014
Mary did not have children after Jesus. Go and find out the history Jewish culter and see how they address themselves.

Your canal mindset is fixed canality that why you ask if Joseph did not touch her.
SeaGold:

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Ladycarol: 11:16am On Aug 15, 2014
Omexonomy: How proper is it to assume mary is in heaven?
.she is there no need to assume or less u are not a Christian go and read the book of revelation verse 12
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by viexcey(f): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2014
Mary,the ever virgin,the mother of my Lord,the morning star,my blessed mother. How lucky i am to share thee with Jesus Christ as thy mother.
Our Mother and lady of perpectual help,the star of triumph,the sign of peace and art of the eternal covenant always intercede for us.
Happy feast, Sweet Mother. Nothing can seperate me from thee. I Love you!

4 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Festusfaith(m): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2014
There are a number of investments that i personally thinks can never fails, those are the thing we will be discussion here today,but the problem of today's youth is impatience as they are always searching for already made jobs which can not be readily available for all of us, it is only a few that will be able to get that kind of job. haven't said that, it is high time as young Nigerians that we should develops investment mentality in a viable business and stop looking for that already made job. Like I said above, there are a number of investment that you can do that will yield returns within three months. are you following? the number one on the list is Online business. there are many online business out there and also there are many screamers too you must be very careful while making your choice, but i will gives you a little from that list that are very reliable Bulksms business will never fail if you can do proper marketing of your site. information marketing also can never fails as well. websites design is also a viable business, and many more find out yourself.
Aside from that offline business that can not fails are, Water business started like play some years ago till now people are still asking for more.
live stock rearing is the most viable one i like so much poultry, piggery, fishery and many more that you can add to that list.
You can sees now that in Nigeria today we can still have some investment that can fetch you good money without recording any form of failure.
Thanks for your time in Reading this report.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 15, 2014
xynerise:
Other kids? You mean John? undecided

Mary had Jesus. It was an immaculate conception that her biological reproduction system was put to use by "heavenly configurations". She didn't play any part just a host.

Personalities like Moses who saw God's figure, the prophet that flew into heaven, Adam who discussed with God should be more revered than Mary.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by kollizo: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2014
FrankySnow: Thanks Francistony , I just came online to see if somebody would have posted this. Its my birthday and my feast day( Maria assumpta) . congrat to moi.

#Teamcatholicforever#
hapi bday to u!!! i will pray d hail for u
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 15, 2014
SeaGold:

Even Angel Gabriel couldn't help but hail her;

Luke1 : 28
Hail Mary, full of grace the lord is with you.

I can see you are embittered and can't help but make a derogatory statement about Maria. smiley
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by kollizo: 11:20am On Aug 15, 2014

#Teamcatholicforever#
hapi bday to u!!! i will pray d hail Mary for u
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by tess22: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2014
Dear fellow Catholics, like many of you, I was a staunch defender of the faith. I was in the Charismatic Renewal and could debate with non-Catholics using Scriptures to justify our doctrines especially the way we honour the Blessed Virgin Mary. But now I know better.

You see I love the BVM, and I do honour her as well as other saints, but I don't pray to/through her anymore. I pray to God through Jesus Christ confident that He LOVES me, He delights in me and wants me to be His friend/daughter. The Bible tells us that Jesus calls us His friends and that we are joint-heirs with Him. He said this even when He knew the disciples were imperfect and would run away from Him and deny Him after His arrest. So why did He say this? It is because God's love in the person of Jesus is unconditional. We are not loved because we do right things, no, we are loved because we are His children.

The best way I can think of explaining this is to liken God's love to the love a mother has for her infant. The baby often cries and wakes her up at night, he pees and poos on her, vomits on her and does so many other annoying things to her. But her love for him and his welfare make her laugh off his childish behaviour. She loves him and will sacrifice her comfort and even her life to make sure he is ok.

That my friends is a tiny glimpse to the kind of maternal love God has for us. Long before we were born or knew about God, He loved us and gave Himself for us. Knowing this will free you from asking the BVM and saints to intercede for you. Instead we boldly approach the throne of mercy confident that He longs to communicate with us and help us (Hebrews 4:16). God is no respecter of persons, we are all equal in His sight. He loves you just as He loves the Blessed Virgin Mary and all the saints. They are not better than you. Now is the time of truth dear Catholics, know God for yourself. When you stand before God on Judgement Day, He will ask YOU, not the Church, what you did with everything He gave you. He will especially ask you what you did with Jesus and His commands of love (Matthew 25:31-46). He won't ask you about Mary and the saints. Please dear Catholics search and ask God for a deep revelation of His love.

Ephesians 3:16-19: "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by SalC: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2014
Janetozi: Was that verse refferinq to Mary?

Why do catholics always assume that anywhere "queen" is mentioned in the bible then it is refferinq to Mary?

But not all king mentioned in the bible is referred ti "Jesus"

the king in that verse is referred to the king of Judah or Israel.

The queen was the woman that the king married and not marry

all do u want to tell me that marry is the queen of every king in the bible? Is Mary the wife of many men?

***Liars of the highest order***
You can keep your insults to yourself, I don't do name calling.

Actually if you are conversant with bible you will discover that. It is the queen mother of the king who sit beside the king and not his wife.

Am a bit busy now, I will clear your question later. And yes that verse is actually about Jesus. I will prove that to you from the new testament too.

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Ladycarol: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2014
olotumogbo: Mary did not have children after Jesus. Go and find out the history Jewish culter and see how they address themselves.

Your canal mindset is fixed canality that why you ask if Joseph did not touch her.
pls tell our separated brethren wants to bring down our mother to their level dis days to justify their arguments on her go and study ur bible well everything about her was written be for her birth
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by satowind(m): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2014
She was assumed hallelujah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'If You Remove Church, Nigeria Will Collapse’ — RCCG Pastor, Pat Akem-Vingir / 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too / Pastor Enenche Celebrates 53rd Birthday With Orphans, Others; Distributes Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.