Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics (17182 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / All Catholics Will Go To Hell - Chris Okotie / Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by fiverrwin(f): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2014
Ok now
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2014
FrancisTony:

Reason?
as clueless as you bro

2 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by xynerise: 11:24am On Aug 15, 2014
SeaGold:

Mary had Jesus. It was an immaculate conception that her biological reproduction system was put to use by "heavenly configurations". She didn't play any part just a host.

Personalities like Moses who saw God's figure, the prophet that flew into heaven, Adam who discussed with God should be more revered than Mary.
Angel Gabriel must be drunk when he honoured Mary then? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by ekolina(m): 11:25am On Aug 15, 2014
I can see u believe in the trinity dats grt...am sure with time u guys will believe in the assumption of mary. u foolishly run to ur pastor and his wife to pray for u and u r here questioning our reasons for seeking mary intercession.
bbpreye:

Only GOD is Holy! GOD the Father, Son and Spirit.
Please do not provoke God, He is a jealous God.

Why do u pray to only Mary, why don't you cry to "Holy Joseph" or Holy Elijah or Holy David or Holy Pope John Paul!

May God help us.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by xynerise: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2014
ekolina: I can see u believe in the trinity dats grt...am sure with time u guys will believe in the assumption of mary. u foolishly run to ur pastor and his wife to pray for u and u r here questioning our reasons for seeking mary intercession.
These same set of confused people condemned the Holy Trinity initially grin.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 15, 2014

[size=14pt]Protestantism’s Great Heresy – Ignoring the Blessed Mother[/size]

August 12, 2014

By Graham Glover

This Friday, 15 August, the calendars of Lutherans, Anglicans, and perhaps some other liturgically minded Protestants calls for the celebration of ‘St. Mary – Mother of our Lord’. On this same day, Roman Catholics will celebrate the ‘Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary’ and the Orthodox the ‘Dormition of the Theotokos’.

Unfortunately, this feast does not fall on a Sunday, which means most Protestants will hear nothing of it this year. They will not meditate on the readings, the hymns, or the propers assigned for this day. I highly doubt many Lutheran parishes will even reference it in the Prayers of the Church on Sunday morning. And this is sad. For those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, it’s tragic, as venerating Mary does nothing but point people to her Son. Yet it’s hardly surprising. In fact, I think it’s emblematic of Protestantism’s greatest heresy – ignoring the role that the Blessed Virgin Mary plays in our faith.

mary

I know this is a strong statement. It’s a stinging indictment of the movement to which I belong and a church body of which I am a pastor. But as much as I wish it weren’t true, I’m afraid it is. We Protestants say we hold the Blessed Mother in high esteem. Our calendars even have a few days set aside during the year to honor her. But this is nothing short of window dressing, as the Blessed Virgin Mary has little to do with the faith we confess. And this must change. We Protestants have to do better. To ignore the Blessed Virgin is to ignore her Son, something no follower of the Christ should ever desire to do.

For starters, I’ve always found it ironic that we who proclaim ‘Sola Scriptura’ seem to ignore the Scriptures when Mary tells us in her Magnificat: “from now on all generations will call me blessed.” But we do – that is, we Protestants almost always ignore this commendation, thereby betraying our own hermeneutic.

How often (if ever) do Protestants refer to Mary as the Blessed Virgin, the Blessed Mother, etc.? We certainly respect her, but we most assuredly do not treat her as the most noble gem in all of Christendom [after her Son], as our own Martin Luther referred to her.

Rather, we lump her together with the other saints of the New Testament. But the Blessed Mother is nothing of the sort. She is no ordinary saint. She is the saint of saints. She is the Theotokos – the Mother of God, a title given her at the Council of Ephesus in 431 and echoed in the Lutheran Book of Concord. The Blessed Mother is the example that all Christians should emulate. Her “Yes” to the angel Gabriel is an act of faith that sets the standard for all of the Church to follow. And yet when was the last time you heard a sermon, sat through a Bible Class, or read a Protestant theologian commend the Blessed Virgin Mary as such?

annunciation

Protestants are quick to criticize Rome for declaring as dogma of the Church the Immaculate Conception in 1854 and the Bodily Assumption in 1950. “These things are nowhere in the Scriptures!” Protestants lament. I say, who cares? Is it that offensive to suggest that the God-Bearer was wiped clean of original sin in a single act of grace by the One whom she would bring into the world? Does is not make sense that the New Eve would be a spotless ark for her Son, the Messiah? The Immaculate Conception isn’t about Mary, it’s about Jesus, and to speak of His Mother as sinless (as Luther and other Reformers did) is a most salutary thing to do, especially considering that she remained a virgin throughout her earthly life (a universally accepted belief even among the most radical of Protestant reformers and a teaching taught in the Lutheran Confessions). And her Bodily Assumption? I guess the examples of Enoch and Elijah mean nothing? Again, what is so theologically offensive about this teaching that is deeply rooted in the Church’s tradition? Do we Lutherans, as the Apology of the Augsburg Confessions teaches, no longer believe that this woman prays for the Church?

To ignore the Blessed Virgin Mary makes no sense. Without her our Christology is shot. Without her our hermeneutics are insignificant. Without her our understanding of sin and grace is incomplete. Without her we cannot call ourselves part of the Body of Christ. This woman is our Mother, commended to the Church by our Lord Himself. And to ignore her is something no Christian should ever do.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum!

2 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by zurine(f): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2014
great
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Maryclaire1(f): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2014
People sha dem no force ona to comment na.if u don't lyk d post,u tink catholics are wrong,dey r blind,dey will all go 2 hell etc.den leave us alone we love our fatih n we are proud of it.#teamcatholic# coolPeople sha dem no force ona to comment na.if u don't lyk d post,u tink catholics are wrong,dey r blind,dey will all go 2 hell etc.den leave us alone we love our fatih n we are proud of it.#teamcatholic#

2 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Macelliot(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2014
Happy feast of Assumption my fellow brothers and sisters!!!
francistony, damerry, salC, ubenedictus, obinoscopy, italo, Rich4god, frankysnow, wonda26, vessi, Amack, kamsified, Rufex07, Nigerianmovie, kelsgal, xynerise, ijigaparadox, prettyspicey, felucci, emmabest2000, Syncan, Fmary, THEHEALER, tosscash1, APContherun, jnrbayano, titoetal, hurricaneChris, lenzz, gbaskipro, Maryclaire1, kollizo, Ladycarol, mzjaney, MOBJECTIVE e.t.c
I woke up late today. I woke up around 8:49 a.m. I was busy dreaming!!!
So, that means, I miss today's mass(5:30 & 8:30 mass). No problem.
I gonna go to Church around 2 pm, because we have a Quiz competition, Zion Songs competition and drama. It's going to great!!!
Once again, I wish u all a Happy Nice day!!!

9 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by mzjaney(f): 11:37am On Aug 15, 2014
Maryclaire1: People sha dem no force ona to comment na.if u don't lyk d post,u tink catholics are wrong,dey r blind,dey will all go 2 hell etc.den leave us alone we love our fatih n we are proud of it.#teamcatholic# coolPeople sha dem no force ona to comment na.if u don't lyk d post,u tink catholics are wrong,dey r blind,dey will all go 2 hell etc.den leave us alone we love our fatih n we are proud of it.#teamcatholic#
kiss a million kisses honey. U took the words out of ma mouth. kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2014
Macelliot: Happy feast of Assumption my fellow brothers and sisters!!!
francistony, damerry, salC, ubenedictus, obinoscopy, italo, Rich4god, frankysnow, wonda26, vessi, Amack, kamsified, Rufex07, Nigerianmovie, kelsgal, xynerise, ijigaparadox, prettyspicey, felucci, emmabest2000, Syncan, Fmary, THEHEALER, tosscash1, APContherun, jnrbayano, titoetal, hurricaneChris, lenzz, gbaskipro e.t.c
I gonna go to Church around 2 pm, because we have a Quiz competition, Zion Songs competition and drama. It's going to great!!!
you too bro

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Justeenaleo(f): 11:39am On Aug 15, 2014
No need for the back and forth arguments,in time she will defend her self, until then , "to your tenth oh isreal"

Yall should come join the volunteers working on the ebola case,leave matter for Mary.

Ave sanctisima, Ave purisima
Sinless and beautiful star of the sea.

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:41am On Aug 15, 2014
May God bless you and let our mother intercede for you dear Macelliot.

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by titoetal(m): 11:42am On Aug 15, 2014
Vessi:
you too bro

Yes o! Suprised that he is among?
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 15, 2014
titoetal:

Yes o! Suprised?
lol nope.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Ladycarol: 11:44am On Aug 15, 2014
I wonder why d mention of our mother have our separated brethren hackles riseing,salvation is not in the church neither is there a church in heaven when we are suppose to stand together in the unity of unity of Christ,u our fellow Christians will be out to attack n criticise n judge us forget dat catholics were d bringers of the message of life be for the division cause by Satan his human agents were many today have perished because of the teaching of so many bogus men of God.forgetting the words of Jesus be for he ascended into heaven, 'i pray not for this but for those u truly believe in me dat they may be one ,as my father n i are one 'now churches are heading to millions with different teaching and way of worship because of disobedience,pride n self assurance.pls do as u believe but leave Catholics n our mother alone on that day we will know u is wrong or right.mummy i love u intercede for me.those u love u are more than those u despise u.

2 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 15, 2014
FrancisTony:

Even Angel Gabriel couldn't help but hail her;

Luke1 : 28
Hail Mary, full of grace the lord is with you.

I can see you are embittered and can't help but make a derogatory statement about Maria. smiley

Mathew 12: 46-50 he answered the one who was telling him and said, "who is my mother and who is my brother? Who ever does the will of my father who is in heaven, he is my brother and sister and my mother.

That's Jesus equating almighty Mary and his half brothers to every mortal

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by tuffgongjo(m): 11:46am On Aug 15, 2014
The church(catholic)$some unclear dogmas.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by haibe(m): 11:46am On Aug 15, 2014
wonda26: I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting. Amen.
Very funny. That is my faith. A Christian. A Catholic.

Who are you?
So why did you give the earlier reply if you are a christain ? Are there two christianity?
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 15, 2014
kendrick93: just to clarify do u people ever mention or call Jesus name or his father God d almighty when u guys pray? cos i haven't
We do! God is the creator of all. Buh, ofcourse, u can choose not to believe me so as to satisfy ur critic self. Enjoy!
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 15, 2014
xynerise:
People keep inflicting pains in their hearts because of our belief. Doesn't that worth celebrating? grin

Ask them if they have a strong christian faith before condeming us catholics. Hypocrisy doesn't have a better definition than this
Lol. its worth celebrating dear grin
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 15, 2014
ekolina: I can see u believe in the trinity dats grt...am sure with time u guys will believe in the assumption of mary. u foolishly run to ur pastor and his wife to pray for u and u r here questioning our reasons for seeking mary intercession.

Who is more foolish? Calling Mary the earthly mother of Jesus, HOLY! Do you know the meaning of Holiness?

Only GOD is Holy, please dispute this fact, if you can't, then please STFU and keep counting beads!

May God open your eyes shocked

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Janetozi(f): 11:50am On Aug 15, 2014
In biblical case, u are a novice. None of those is refferinq to Mary.

Songs o Solomon have no business with Mary, Mary was never mentioned there, except u want me to believe that they two are having sexual relationship which only u know about & even God is not aware.

***Song: 3:6, 4:8, 6:9 is not a love story from Solomon to Mary***

and beside, there is no place where it is mentioned that Mary is a "queen, king daughter"
damerry:

Is the songs of solomon exclusive only to Solomon?

If No, case closed!

If yes, what is it doing in the bible? Couldn't it have been a romance novel and have no biblical business?

Btw. The last time i checked, i did not only quote chapter 3:6, i also made mention of 4:8, and 6:9 and all three are intertwined, hence read (Song 3:6; cf. also 4:8, 6:9).

It's obvious that you avoided those two to capitalize on a singular verse with baseless arguments. Give me a break, i ain't a Novice.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by wonda26(m): 11:50am On Aug 15, 2014
haibe:
So why did you give the earlier reply if you are a christain ? Are there two christianity?
You don't just come out and shout: "No, this is wrong...This is idolatry...bla bla bla"

Who are you? What is your faith?
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2014
xynerise:
Other kids? You mean John? undecided

Mary had four other sons that are Jesus half brothers.

They are Joseph named after his father, James, Jude and Simon.

Mathew 12:46, 13:55 Mark 6:3, John 2:12, 7:3, 5:10, Act 1:14, 1Cor.9:5, Gal.1:19
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2014
xynerise:
Other kids? You mean John? undecided
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by damerry(m): 11:56am On Aug 15, 2014
Macelliot: Happy feast of Assumption my fellow brothers and sisters!!!
francistony, damerry, salC, ubenedictus, obinoscopy, italo, Rich4god, frankysnow, wonda26, vessi, Amack, kamsified, Rufex07, Nigerianmovie, kelsgal, xynerise, ijigaparadox, prettyspicey, felucci, emmabest2000, Syncan, Fmary, THEHEALER, tosscash1, APContherun, jnrbayano, titoetal, hurricaneChris, lenzz, gbaskipro, Maryclaire1, kollizo, Ladycarol, mzjaney, MOBJECTIVE e.t.c

Wish u d same bro. God bless you smiley

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by xynerise: 11:58am On Aug 15, 2014
SeaGold:

Mary had four other sons that are Jesus half brothers.

They are Joseph named after his father, James, Jude and Simon.

Mathew 12:46, 13:55 Mark 6:3, John 2:12, 7:3, 5:10, Act 1:14, 1Cor.9:5, Gal.1:19
What do you mean by ''half-brothers''?
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
SeaGold:

Mathew 12: 46-50 he answered the one who was telling him and said, "who is my mother and who is my brother? Who ever does the will of my father who is in heaven, he is my brother and sister and my mother.

That's Jesus equating almighty Mary and his half brothers to every mortal

Why diverting?

We were talking about Angel Gabriel being higher than Mary.

Btw, in that verse you quoted, Jesus was only making reference to one family.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
xynerise:
Angel Gabriel must be drunk when he honoured Mary then? undecided

Even the parcel man delivers with courtesy!

God found her worthy and Gabriel did his job like a satisfied help.

Its human nature. Just imagine, Jonathan calls his minister and said go to the suburb of Lagos and fetch me xynerise...I wanna make him my veepee. Imagine what the minister will do when he locates u in ur dungeon*

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by MztrChukwu(m): 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
What catholics call 'honouring mary' is actually 'worship and Adoration' in the real sense.

This is nothing but masked idolatry!

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life!

I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by vislabraye(m): 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
jsunex: Mother mary pray for me so I may see the endless mercy of ur beloved son Jesus Christ... Amen.

Is it Mary that is praying for you Well, I have direct access to Jesus, bypassing Mary. After all, she was not even one of the chosen apostles.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'If You Remove Church, Nigeria Will Collapse’ — RCCG Pastor, Pat Akem-Vingir / 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too / Pastor Enenche Celebrates 53rd Birthday With Orphans, Others; Distributes Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.