Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics (17181 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / All Catholics Will Go To Hell - Chris Okotie / Happy Feast Of Christ The Universal King To All Catholics!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
xynerise:
What do you mean by ''half-brothers''?

Jesus is originally not part of them but by divine invention
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
FrancisTony:

Why?
Because I asked seun why we can't deactivate because j wanted to deactivate clearwaters but I posted the question on my derailers thread with my MzMariah moniker. Sholasholala quoted me to say she has also been trying but to no avail and the next thing I saw is this.

Seun banned MzMariah for Helping the member to "deactivate" her account.. Ban expires at August 12, 2024 at 02:43:51 PM

I got a 10 years ban. how is it possible for me to help shola deactivate and shola still stands till today. if I helped her deactivate she will be showing a Nobody. na seun way sha smiley

BTW who is this person you have been mistaking me for?

KiddaBlingzz you know my main moniker is serving a ban and i've been using clearwaters since then why mistake me for someone else? hian undecided

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
Oh yea its the feast of my name ( Maria Assumpta) I love my name. I love who I am ,I love being a Catholic and I'm proud to be, will remain and will die as a Catholic. kiss

Happy feast day to all Catholics worldwide. smiley

#Teamcatholictillitsnowsindelta# grin

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by damerry(m): 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
Janetozi: In biblical case, u are a novice. None of those is refferinq to Mary.

The songs of Solomon is found in the bible only because it has been often interpreted by Jews as a picture of the relationship between God and his people, and by Christians as a picture of the relationship between Christ and his church

You see? It's not just exclusive to Solomon and his lover, if it were, it wouldn't be in the bible

See, you're the novice here.

Songs o Solomon have no business with Mary, Mary was never mentioned there,

If you want mary's name to be mentioned before you believe that that those verse relate to her how then did you believe that she was the woman in revelation 12? Was her named mentioned there?

See as your hypocrisy rebounds on you.

except u want me to believe that they two are having sexual relationship

Suit your mind with all dirty thoughts that you can muster!

***Song: 3:6, 4:8, 6:9 is not a love story from Solomon to Mary***

Then Help the church with your own interpretations. Smh

and beside, there is no place where it is mentioned that Mary is a "queen, king daughter"

Same thing with Trinity. Use your brains,
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by titoetal(m): 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2014
Macelliot: Happy feast of Assumption my fellow brothers and sisters!!!
francistony, damerry, salC, ubenedictus, obinoscopy, italo, Rich4god, frankysnow, wonda26, vessi, Amack, kamsified, Rufex07, Nigerianmovie, kelsgal, xynerise, ijigaparadox, prettyspicey, felucci, emmabest2000, Syncan, Fmary, THEHEALER, tosscash1, APContherun, jnrbayano, titoetal, hurricaneChris, lenzz, gbaskipro, Maryclaire1, kollizo, Ladycarol, mzjaney, MOBJECTIVE e.t.c
I woke up late today. I woke up around 8:49 a.m. I was busy dreaming!!!
So, that means, I miss today's mass(5:30 & 8:30 mass). No problem.
I gonna go to Church around 2 pm, because we have a Quiz competition, Zion Songs competition and drama. It's going to great!!!
Once again, I wish u all a Happy Nice day!!!

Thanks bros and remain strong. Wishing you and the rest divine protection.

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by haibe(m): 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
wonda26:
You don't just come out and shout: "No, this is wrong...This is idolatry...bla bla bla"

Who are you? What is your faith?
This I say anything is wrong, from the scriptures, it is clear that giving the honour that is due to God to Man is clearly idolatry, that's exactly what your post depicted in which I reply Am a Christian, what are you?
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
FrankySnow: Thanks Francistony , I just came online to see if somebody would have posted this. Its my birthday and my feast day( Maria assumpta) . congrat to moi.

Sal C keeps inspiring me, God bless you.

#Teamcatholicforever#
Hello namesake wink

Haffy buyday and feast day grin

Enjoy your day. kiss

I wonder why una dey argue, if you no be Catholic fine, if you be Catholic fine. So far we say na God we dey serve, make everybody serve God in anyway wey suit them na, on the last day all of us go still carry our cross by ourselves so make we face our own church and believe. nor be fight and nor be quarrel. grin

Cheers everybody.

#Teamcatholicforeversha# wink

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Syncan(m): 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2014
SeaGold:

Mary had four other sons that are Jesus half brothers.

They are Joseph named after his father, James, Jude and Simon.

Mathew 12:46, 13:55 Mark 6:3, John 2:12, 7:3, 5:10, Act 1:14, 1Cor.9:5, Gal.1:19

The bible clearly shows that "james
and joses who were called "brothers" of the
lord are not children of mary the mother of
Jesus but of another mary who gave birth to
them. This is clear from mt 27:56,61; 28:1
mk 16:1 lk 24:10. Jn 19:25

Edited.

Read and get knowledge, I've watched you enough exposing your ignorance all through the thread.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by macof(m): 12:18pm On Aug 15, 2014
PAGAN9JA: [size=18pt]THE GODS FORBID THIS KIND OF IDOLATRY WORSHIPING JEWISH WOMEN!

SEE NIGERIAN PPLS! CELEBRATING FOREIGN FEASTS/FESTIVALS BUT CANT ATTEND A SINGLE NATIVE FESTIVAL!
[/size]

It's called Mental slavery and intellectual imprisonment.
These folks would rather kiss the feet of Jewish men than say one good thing about their ancestors

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Syncan(m): 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
@Macelliot, thanks a lot, a happy feast day to you.

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by titoetal(m): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
Vessi: lol nope.

No strings sha, my opinion. All the same you are on nip - fff.
Cheers.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by wonda26(m): 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
haibe:
This I say anything is wrong, from the scriptures, it is clear that giving the honour that is due to God to Man is clearly idolatry, that's exactly what your post depicted in which I reply Am a Christian, what are you?
Ok.... I would like to attend your church. . What's the name?
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by ayooluniran(m): 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
ekolina: I can see u believe in the trinity dats grt...am sure with time u guys will believe in the assumption of mary. u foolishly run to ur pastor and his wife to pray for u and u r here questioning our reasons for seeking mary intercession.

Yes there's a need to question it cos it has no scriptural backing, only Jesus is scripturally allowed to intercede....Heb 4:15 etc, Heb 12:1-5. Jesus is d only man WORTHY to intercede Rev 5: from verse 1 to the end says it all

I'm still waiting for anyone who would challenge me on my first post in this thread.

Let us argue this out WITHOUT insulting one another (cos it's a sin to curse and insult pple), using the scriptures to back wat we say....bible says study to show thyself approved.....by God's grace I have tried to study and still see no bases for d worship of mary. She's blessed, I agree but not to be idolized.......even the very first commandment in exodus 20 and deuteronomy 5:7-21 says those images of mary should not even be made............anything short of d worship of God the father thru christ his son is pure IDOLATRY........#WORSHIP JESUS and ask him to help you intercede thru the help of d Holy-spirit, not mary.
Grace of God be with us all, Amen!

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2014
Syncan:

The bible clearly shows that "james
and joses who were called "brothers" of the
lord are not children of mary the mother of
Jesus but of another mary who gave birth to
salome. This is clear from mt 27:56,61; 28:1
mk 16:1 lk 24:10. Jn 19:25

Read and get knowledge, I've watched you enough exposing your ignorance all through the thread.

This is what I read;
According to Mathew: "is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? are not all his sisters with us? (Matthew 13:55-56) RSV

What happened at the crucifixion is confusing as there were several Marys present.

Do you still believe this bible was not doctored?
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by leonshom(m): 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
Nobody is worshipping Mary here,incase u don't get it, we do honour her and I don't see the reason why we shoudn't honour the mother of our Sviour cuz Christ himself honoured her mother! "Ave Maria"
kendrick93: i find it strange dat some portions of christians should be worshipping a woman(mary).i mean yes she gave birth to christ but still i really dnt see how dat guareentee u to worship her as if she is christ..
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by xynerise: 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2014
SeaGold:

Even the parcel man delivers with courtesy!

God found her worthy and Gabriel did his job like a satisfied help.

Its human nature. Just imagine, Jonathan calls his minister and said go to the suburb of Lagos and fetch me xynerise...I wanna make him my veepee. Imagine what the minister will do when he locates u in ur dungeon*
(Based on your explanation)Making someone your V.P is an honour to him/her and the masses will definitely respect him/her don't you think?
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Syncan(m): 12:48pm On Aug 15, 2014
SeaGold:

This is what I read;
According to Mathew: "is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? are not all his sisters with us? (Matthew 13:55-56) RSV

What happened at the crucifixion is confusing as there were several Marys present.

Do you still believe this bible was not doctored?

Now you read only a passage and get confused in the others abi?

There is nothing doctored in it. It is as clear as crystal. Jn19:25 actually called that mary "his mother's sister". See Matt 27:56. This makes those people Jesus cousins, little wonder they were referred to as his brothers in the passage you read, as they would have done in my own language.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by dragon2(m): 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
Mary does not pray to the Almighty Father for Catholics,she intercedes before her son for us.The Son(Jesus) intercedes before the father for all men. Just as you tell your pastors to pray to Jesus for you,we tell her to pray for us.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by eddyland: 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2014
superior1:

So one mumu pope claiming to be infallible commanded all Catholics to believe in the doctrine and that was it
and same way u wil say one mumu president created the state u belong today and it was so

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by leonshom(m): 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ave Maria smiley Happy Marian Feast !
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Maryclaire1(f): 1:20pm On Aug 15, 2014
mzjaney: kiss a million kisses honey. U took the words out of ma mouth. kiss kiss kiss
kisses 2 u 2 n api feast day.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by btoks: 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
ayooluniran: Jesus is the only access to the father Acts 4:12, it's only in his blood that we have redemption....hebrews 12:25......Jesus name is d only name God honours in prayer phil2:9-10....

Any other name in which we pray to God is idolatry.....PERIOD!

I've gone through the bible and yet to see where we were asked to pray through or to mary......it's just like d jews claiming to be abraham's children and saw clearly the truth of christ being d messiah, but where not willing to accept and still stuck to d 'law'.

SUMMARY.....that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and d fellowship of his suffering, being made conformed even unto his death, if by any means....I might attain unto resurrection from d dead.......and I know dat I will.....John 3:16-19, 10:10

COME LORD JESUS,........we are waiting for you!
BE PREPARED....start 'packing', drop d xtra 'luggages'
The bolded is precisely why we require the church's guidance in matters of faith and morals. Otherwise we could all pick up the bible interpreting ourselves (equals 33,000+ denomations!!). The Church is the pillar and bulwark of truth(1Tim 3:15) and was sent out to teach and spread the Gospel, bind & loose etc. If the church has decided that this dogma is to be believed, who are we to question its authority? Questioning its authority is what has led to countless scisms. By the way, it is not complusory to ask Mary to pray for us, however, if you look at the Apostles Creed(Church's faith) posted earlier, you'll find that we believe in the communion of saints.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2014
felucci: Holy Mary, pray for those sinners who blaspheme against God and his prophets.
Holy God forgive those sinners who blaspheme against You by calling Mary's name 100 times more than yours and even WORSHIP HER.

This is saddd.

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by ResourceMan(m): 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2014
Prayer To The Black Madonna.
Prayer to Our Lady of Czestochowa

Our Lady of Czestochowa also known as the
Black Madonna of Czestochowa is a revered
icon of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The original
image is housed at a monastery in Jasna Gora,
Poland. The monastery has been a pilgrimage
destination for hundreds of years. The Polish
people have a great devotion to Our Lady and
her Son. They continue to honor this
miraculous image. The Feast of Our Lady of
Czestochowa is celebrated on August 26th .
Here is a beautiful Prayer to Our Lady of
Czestochowa to be said each day upon rising.
Our Lady of Czestochowa
Holy Mother of Czestochowa, Thou art full
of grace, goodness and mercy.
I consecrate to Thee all my thoughts,
words and actions – my soul and body.
I beseech Thy blessings and especially
prayers for my salvation.
Today, I consecrate myself to Thee, Good
Mother, totally – with body and soul amid
joy and sufferings to obtain for myself and
others Thy blessings on this earth and
eternal life in Heaven. Amen.

Source:
www.lordcalls.com/mother-mary-prayers/prayer-to-our-lady-of-czestochowa
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by ResourceMan(m): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2014
Devotion to Our Lady of Czestochowa, the
Black Madonna
Please join us at Sweetest Heart of Mary
Church (until St. Josaphat re-opens) every
Thursday at 12 Noon for Mass (Ordinary
Form in English) followed by the Perpetual
Novena to the Black Madonna, Benediction and
veneration of the relic of the Veil of the
Blessed Virgin Mary. If you cannot join us in
person, the offical texts of our novena are
provided here for you to join us in spirit on
Thursdays or at any other time you feel the
need to invoke Our Lady.
Perpetual Novena in Honor of the Black
Madonna, Our Lady of Czestochowa
Begin with the Sign of the Cross
Let us praise our God in veneration of the
Blessed Virgin Mary, our Mother and
Protector.
O Almighty and merciful God! You have given
the Church a wondrous help and defense in the
most holy Virgin Mary and You have honored
Her sacred image as the Black Madonna with
remarkable veneration of the faithful. Grant in
Your mercy that, under Her protection, we
may struggle confidently throughout our lives
and at the moment of death be victorious over
our enemy. We ask this through Christ our
Lord. Amen.
O Black Madonna, our Mother and Queen of
our nation! Trusting in Your maternal goodness
and powerful intercession with Your Son, we
place before You our humble prayers and
petitions. To You we commend all our needs, in
particular (Mention requests silently in your
hearts), our families, and all children of our
nation.
V: For Your presence and intercession at the
Shrine of the Black Madonna and for the
countless graces You have obtained for us in
the past,
R: We thank you, O Black Madonna, our
Mother.
V: For Your gracious reign over our parish, for
Your powerful help throughout our history,
especially in times of difficulty and suffering,
Mother.
V: For the maternal care with which You ever
surround us, leading us to Your Beloved son,
strengthening the faith in our hearts, drawing
sinners to conversion, and comforting the sick,
the sad, and the faint-hearted,
Mother.
V: For our negligence in the faith and for the
religious indifference through which we have
strayed so often from God, unmindful of his
presence and love,
R: We ask You, Mother intercede for us.
V: For our conduct which has not always been
in accord with our holy faith nor with the
dignity of a child of God; for sins against life,
for drunkenness, selfishness, carelessness,
envy, social discord, and lax morals,
R: We ask You, Mother, intercede for us.
V: For being so preoccupied with ourselves
that we did not see the needs of our brothers
and sisters; the hungry, the homeless, the sick,
and the lonely,
R: We ask You, Mother, intercede for us.
V: O Mother with the Divine Infant in Your
arms, through this sacred image You remind us
of the constant presence of Your Son and of
Your own motherly solicitude as a source of
strength and courage in our daily trials,
difficulties, and labors,
R: We praise You and we love You
V: O Queen, whose image bears the scars of
enemy attacks, You are to us a sign of hope,
unity, and victory,
V: O Virgin Helper, You aid us in overcoming
all evil and weakness,
V: When we are oppressed by doubts and
temptations against faith,
R: Be our help and protection.
V: When we feel lonely, abandoned, and
threatened,
V: When we are in danger of yielding to our
evil habits and sins,
V: That You may strengthen us in faith and
obtain for us the power to renew our lives in
the spirit of God’s commandments and the
Gospel of Christ,
R: We beseech You, O Black Madonna, our
Mother.
V: That You may continue to reign in our lives
on the personal, family, social, and national
levels,
Mother.
V: That You may obtain for us from Your Son
the special grace that we implore in this
novena,
Mother.
Hail Mary (3 times)

www.stjosaphat./our-lady-of-czestochowa-black-madonna-novena-page/

1 Like

Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by ekolina(m): 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
Realy only God is holy but Jesus himself said we should be holy just as our father in heaven is holy. He also said we should strive for perfection...wat does dat tell u ? it means we can be holy if we strive as humans.
bbpreye:

Who is more foolish? Calling Mary the earthly mother of Jesus, HOLY! Do you know the meaning of Holiness?

Only GOD is Holy, please dispute this fact, if you can't, then please STFU and keep counting beads!

May God open your eyes shocked
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by jsunex(m): 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
vislabraye:

Is it Mary that is praying for you Well, I have direct access to Jesus, bypassing Mary. After all, she was not even one of the chosen apostles.

We take mary to be a mother, more like the way we all ask our biological mother or father to pray for us or does ur mum neva say a prayer for you. asking her to pray for.me is more lik asking a pastor or parent to pray for me. So i dnt see anytin wrong wit that,so stop tinking wrongly.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by ekolina(m): 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
I see now Angel Gabriel is human....hahahahaha. u guys should just concentrate on wat u believe n leave us alone
SeaGold:

Even the parcel man delivers with courtesy!

God found her worthy and Gabriel did his job like a satisfied help.

Its human nature. Just imagine, Jonathan calls his minister and said go to the suburb of Lagos and fetch me xynerise...I wanna make him my veepee. Imagine what the minister will do when he locates u in ur dungeon*
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
Macelliot: Happy feast of Assumption my fellow brothers and sisters!!!
francistony, damerry, salC, ubenedictus, obinoscopy, italo, Rich4god, frankysnow, wonda26, vessi, Amack, kamsified, Rufex07, Nigerianmovie, kelsgal, xynerise, ijigaparadox, prettyspicey, felucci, emmabest2000, Syncan, Fmary, THEHEALER, tosscash1, APContherun, jnrbayano, titoetal, hurricaneChris, lenzz, gbaskipro, Maryclaire1, kollizo, Ladycarol, mzjaney, MOBJECTIVE e.t.c
I woke up late today. I woke up around 8:49 a.m. I was busy dreaming!!!
So, that means, I miss today's mass(5:30 & 8:30 mass). No problem.
I gonna go to Church around 2 pm, because we have a Quiz competition, Zion Songs competition and drama. It's going to great!!!
Once again, I wish u all a Happy Nice day!!!

thank u bro , wishing u same
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by Tobetoe(m): 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2014
FrankySnow: Thanks Francistony , I just came online to see if somebody would have posted this. Its my birthday and my feast day( Maria assumpta) . congrat to moi.

Sal C keeps inspiring me, God bless you.

#Teamcatholicforever#
wow, me tooooo its also ma bday, just came back frm 12noon mass.... Hapi assumption feast..... Now i have found one wit same date of birth wid me
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by David0(m): 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
btoks:
The bolded is precisely why we require the church's guidance in matters of faith and morals. Otherwise we could all pick up the bible interpreting ourselves (equals 33,000+ denomations!!). The Church is the pillar and bulwark of truth(1Tim 3:15) and was sent out to teach and spread the Gospel, bind & loose etc. If the church has decided that this dogma is to be believed, who are we to question its authority? Questioning its authority is what has led to countless scisms. By the way, it is not complusory to ask Mary to pray for us, however, if you look at the Apostles Creed(Church's faith) posted earlier, you'll find that we believe in the communion of saints.

So if the church say put ur hand for fire, u go put am without asking questions abi? Follow follow christianity...open ur Bible and find the truth. The Church only guide u not tell u what to do. The Bible holds the truth, let it be ur guide in making decisions.
Re: Happy Feast Of Assupmtion To All Catholics by viexcey(f): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
You get time o! Yes,if he must know blessed virgin mary is their mother as well as the mother of the whole universe. Chikena! He can get confused in a clear statement and he calls himself a true christain,yet he can't understand the bible. He should take it to his pastor for an explanation.
When was Mary married to Zebedee to be the mother of James and Joseph? And how old were Jesus,James,Joseph and John for mary to give birth to all of them? He need holy spirit for wisdom and knowledge when reading the bible.

Syncan:

Now you read only a passage and get confused in the others abi?

There is nothing doctored in it. It is as clear as crystal. Jn19:25 actually called that mary "his mother's sister". See Matt 27:56. This makes those people Jesus cousins, little wonder they were referred to as his brothers in the passage you read, as they would have done in my own language.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche Celebrates 53rd Birthday With Orphans, Others; Distributes Items / 'If You Remove Church, Nigeria Will Collapse’ — RCCG Pastor, Pat Akem-Vingir / 10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.