Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,709 members, 7,851,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:46 PM

Igbo Women Are Too Demanding - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Igbo Women Are Too Demanding (18201 Views)

Beautiful Igbo Women / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships / Are SS & Igbo Women More Beautiful Than Yoruba Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Morenike3(f): 11:17pm On Oct 25, 2008
PepERSprAY:

shocked shocked their women lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

very sassy
shocked shocked shocked shocked welllllllll, eleda wan la ba e ja. . . . cool cool
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Sauron1: 11:17pm On Oct 25, 2008
plus_Queen:

Did this distant cousin of yours marry a corpse because he was an slowpoke or because tradition required him to marry a corpse?
How many corpse wedding have people attended?
do they take pictures?
Maybe nollywood is yet to do a movie on that one.

Queenisha, stop throwing tantrums. . . . .
I have seen Nollywood movies where a man was dressed in suit and married a corpse. . . .I would get the title soon.
However to prove these things happen in the east. . . . .Read this article. http://allafrica.com/stories/200801141092.html

. . . .For Mrs Amina Nwachukwu, from Kaduna in the northern part of the country, getting married to her heartthrob, Sylvanus Nwachuwku, an Igbo from the east, was not easy. Her mother refused to give in to her wish to marry a "total stranger", while the father disowned her.
Against the wish of the parents and many relations, Amina had her way.

But what happened to Amina after her spouse died last year made her wish she had listened to her parents. She was also forced to sleep with the corpse to prove that she had no hand in his death. Amina's experience is just one of the many abuses which women suffer in many parts of the country.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 11:22pm On Oct 25, 2008
chisimdi:

lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There's nothing I won't read on this forum.
ROFL
People pick up some isolated cases they "hear of" and it then describes the everyday living of a whole race of people.
I'll soon find out that I'm required to use my tongue and wipe the anuses of the kinsmen of my marital home.
There's a thread where someone claimed Igbos don't use toilet paper to wipe and it took on a life of it's own.
Some other idiot opened a thread that grew to pages including pictures of starving Biafra children and said all sorts of things about Igbos  especially accusing Igbos of the high crime rate amongst Nigerians outside of Nigeria when statistics show that it was his own people that commit most of the crime outside of Nigeria.

Nigeria has been ruled mostly by Hausas and Yoruba military dictators and civilians how then can they blame Igbos for the decay in Nigeria.?
This nonsense has to stop.
Sometimes when people are fed lies all their lives they grow up believing lies then come on the internet and perpetuate those lies.
I would never bring these statistics thing up if I hadn't been provoked severally by these people.
The outside world doesn't know which criminal is YOruba or Hausa or Igbo.
They are called Nigerians.
Why then do these idiots have the need to always descibe criminals by state of origin and then lie about it too?
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 11:27pm On Oct 25, 2008
~Sauron~:

Queenisha, stop throwing tantrums. . . . .
I have seen Nollywood movies where a man was dressed in suit and married a corpse. . . .I would get the title soon.
However to prove these things happen in the east. . . . .Read this article. http://allafrica.com/stories/200801141092.html

. . . .For Mrs Amina Nwachukwu, from Kaduna in the northern part of the country, getting married to her heartthrob, Sylvanus Nwachuwku, an Igbo from the east, was not easy. Her mother refused to give in to her wish to marry a "total stranger", while the father disowned her.
Against the wish of the parents and many relations, Amina had her way.

But what happened to Amina after her spouse died last year made her wish she had listened to her parents. She was also forced to sleep with the corpse to prove that she had no hand in his death. Amina's experience is just one of the many abuses which women suffer in many parts of the country.

I still ask you,is this a cultural practice that you can call Igbo culture?
If I searched ,could I find that this may have happened elsewhere?
Remember I never doubted the person who wedded a corpse but is it a cultural practice ?
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by PepERSprAY: 11:31pm On Oct 25, 2008

Is it sleep as in sex or just lie there? . This sounds like the witchcraft story in Nigeria because how do you sleep with a dead man?
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Danke: 11:31pm On Oct 25, 2008
chisimdi:

lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

chisi again shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked kedu

obu'm jenny cool
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Sauron1: 11:32pm On Oct 25, 2008
plus_Queen:

I still ask you,is this a cultural practice that you can call Igbo culture?
If I searched ,could I find that this may have happened elsewhere?
Remember I never doubted the person who wedded a corpse but is it a cultural practice ?

Of course, it is a cultural practice. . . . .

I can give u a well-documented article to read and digest on how things go down in the East.
Read this thesis. . . . http://www.ub.uib.no/elpub/1996/h/506001/korieh/chima-Chapter-2.html
If you are not convinced after reading this link then i don't know what else to say.

PepERSprAY:

Is it sleep as in sex or just lie there? . This sounds like the witchcraft story in Nigeria because how do you sleep with a dead man?

How do i know if it's sleep as in sex or not??
Ma church mind says its BLOW-JOB. grin
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 12:35am On Oct 26, 2008
~Sauron~:

Of course, it is a cultural practice. . . . .

I can give u a well-documented article to read and digest on how things go down in the East.
Read this thesis. . . . http://www.ub.uib.no/elpub/1996/h/506001/korieh/chima-Chapter-2.html
If you are not convinced after reading this link then i don't know what else to say.

At the end of that article they said this.

What has been described above are some of the most important components of widowhood rituals among the Mbaise-Igbo of Eastern Nigeria
Now Mbaise is a town in Imo state.

I am not in any way saying widows are not treated poorly in Nigeria and Igboland.
It is an evil practise in a culture that's male dominated but is this Igbo culture or African since in that same article,mention was made of the jukun tribe?

Now look at this.

That was all they needed to pin her to the ground. The in-laws had everything ready, including a sharp knife. But there was no anesthesia. Omobola cried in pains as her chubby cheeks were branded with three marks each. But the horror had only just begun. More women pressed her to the ground. Before she knew what was going on, her wrapper had been hitched up. She had no way of seeing what was going on between her legs. Whatever it was, she could feel it in form of excruciating pains. She let out a terrified scream but it got her nowhere as pieces of rags were forced into her mouth. When it was all over, her worst fears were confirmed. She had just been circumcised at gunpoint. She was two months pregnant.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/living/2008/mar/15/living-15-03-2008-001.htm

can I also say it's Yoruba culture to circumcise adult women forcefully and give them tribal marks when they are pregnant ?
Since I have an article on that issue?
There is a different sometimes between what is culture and what is just evil practice of certain individuals,that is my point.

The shaving of hair and wearing black is not even forced on educated people now for the most part,that was pan Igbo mourning culture.
Let's not dig up isolated stories just to proove a point and label Igbos as many here are trying so hard to do.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Sauron1: 12:42am On Oct 26, 2008
plus_Queen:

Now look at this.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/living/2008/mar/15/living-15-03-2008-001.htm

can I also say it's Yoruba culture to circumcise adult women forcefully and give them tribal marks when they are pregnant ?
Since I have an article on that issue?
There is a different sometimes between what is culture and what is just evil practice of certain individuals,that is my point.

The shaving of hair and wearing black is not even forced on educated people now for the most part,that was pan Igbo mourning culture.
Let's not dig up isolated stories just to proove a point and label Igbos as many here are trying so hard to do.

Yes. . . . . It's a Yoruba culture to circumcise women forcefully and give em tribal marks.
Whether they still practise these things is open to another debate.
However, i will not deny these things don't happen in Yoruba. . . . .Whats there to deny?
To these peops, they are protecting their victims. . . .Circumcision to curb promiscuity, tribal marks to identify which clan in case there's a civil war.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by PepERSprAY: 1:02am On Oct 26, 2008
Yes. . . . . It's a Yoruba culture to circumcise women forcefully and give em tribal marks.
Whether they still practise these things is open to another debate.
17th century practice. Ask your mother abeg. Foolish boy.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by JJYOU: 1:08am On Oct 26, 2008
sister nwando you know what is going is going on here is more than cultural. it is a blatant bullying habit some immature people are exhibiting.

the amount of previous posts and quotes i have seen this past 24hrs is unbelievable. that shows you this matter is more than bathing water and rituals.  this topic was supposed to be on demanding. demanding  guguru and epa or bole or ground nuts or neck lace i cannot tell. it has left that into a different league.

nigeria's evil has no tribal boundry. only on NL are people trying to make it so.

i first saw this adult circumcision thing in the 80's. i had a colleague who was to be circumcised by the hubbys's people at 25yrs because she was about to marry. the husband to be disagreed. the family told him to wait and see.  the poor girl was already pregnant. he travelled to akure for his cousin's wedding somebody poisoned him there and never made it back to benin again. there are ugly people amongst every tribe.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Sauron1: 1:24am On Oct 26, 2008
PepERSprAY:

17th century practice. Ask your mother abeg. Foolish boy.

So it's not Yoruba culture because it's no longer practiced??
Are u this brainless?
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by PepERSprAY: 1:26am On Oct 26, 2008

So it's not Yoruba culture because it's no longer practiced??
Are u this brainless?
It was but not anymore. useless boy. Where is your mack daddy?
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Sauron1: 1:27am On Oct 26, 2008
PepERSprAY:

It was but not anymore. useless boy. Where is your mack daddy?

He is shagging ur cousin in the back of his pathfinder. tongue tongue
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by PepERSprAY: 1:30am On Oct 26, 2008
He is shagging ur cousin in the back of his pathfinder.

Which cousin? He has been played again. tell him to stay off Amy whinehouse cos she has crow crow
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Sauron1: 1:32am On Oct 26, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Which cousin? He has been played again. tell him to stay off Amy whinehouse because she has crow crow

Bad babe. . . . .Don't disrespect a Grammy Award winner. . . .She pissed on all your so called American artistes.
Shows how talented UK peops are.

How was work yesterday? U just left without a bye.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by PepERSprAY: 1:35am On Oct 26, 2008
How was work yesterday? U just left without a bye.

Thats so sweet, from Hannibal of all people. You are changing oh. who is training you? tongue
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Sauron1: 1:37am On Oct 26, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Thats so sweet, from Hannibal of all people. You are changing oh. who is training you? tongue

God spoke to me to make peace with ERELU.
No more cussin n fussin even if i have TO AVOID YOU by all possible means.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by JJYOU: 1:38am On Oct 26, 2008
PepERSprAY:

you are unique
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by PepERSprAY: 1:39am On Oct 26, 2008
God spoke to me to make peace with ERELU.
No more cussin n fussin even if i have TO AVOID YOU by all possible means.

Thank God for jesus but it was just a game to me. No hard feelings. pataki and hannibal will ever remain my fav's here
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by PepERSprAY: 1:40am On Oct 26, 2008
you are unique

You again? Why am I unique?
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by KarmaMod(f): 1:40am On Oct 26, 2008
However, i will not deny these things don't happen in Yoruba. . . . .Whats there to deny?

That is what Osisi doesnt understand. She's expecting Yorubas to deny crass traditions, the way she does. Sorry to break it to you but we've above that nonsense. The island of denial isnt our portion.

Agaba, David, Gamine have all said their own experiences . Even chiogo mentioned her parents yet osisi is rambling about Nollywood.

It's a pity. Instead of simply stating I, Osisi have never heard of this practice, she rather just deny it outright.

I sha hope you learned something now from everyone else since I'm apparently a "liar"
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by PepERSprAY: 1:42am On Oct 26, 2008
Abeg that tory don expire. new tory now is that Hannibal is born again.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Morenike3(f): 1:43am On Oct 26, 2008
Thank God am Hausa, see this Igbo and Yoruba war.

Let's talk about Ikwerre or w/e other tribe for a change
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by KarmaMod(f): 1:44am On Oct 26, 2008
wein concern me with the love madness of you and Hannibal?

If anything it's yawnworthy
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by tope2000(f): 1:44am On Oct 26, 2008
*Morenike:

Thank God am Hausa, see this Igbo and Yoruba war.

Let's talk about Ikwerre or w/e other tribe for a change

hausa ko, fulani ni cheesy
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Sauron1: 1:45am On Oct 26, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Thank God for jesus but[b] it was just a game to me.[/b] No hard feelings. pataki and hannibal will ever remain my fav's here

It was a game for me too. . . . .However, some people got anal about it thinking we(Pataki, Sly and I) just gang up on u for the fun of it.
Anyways, no more dog n cat fights again.

KarmaMod:

That is what Osisi doesnt understand. She's expecting Yorubas to deny crass traditions, the way she does. Sorry to break it to you but we've above that nonsense. The island of denial isnt our portion.

Agaba, David, Gamine have all said their own experiences . Even chiogo mentioned her parents yet osisi is rambling about Nollywood.

It's a pity. Instead of simply stating I, Osisi have never heard of this practice, she rather just deny it outright.

I sha hope you learned something now from everyone else since I'm apparently a "liar"

I am beginning to think Queenisha is just feigning ignorance. . . .
Every Mosquito in Nigeria knows these things happen. . . .I am not Igbo but i musta seen half a dozen movies on stuffs like this.
Yoruba have their own traditions too. . . .Magun, Circumcision, Tribal Marks and reh reh reh but these things did happen.
Whether people still practice it or not is another debate entirely but i won't deny it.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by PepERSprAY: 1:52am On Oct 26, 2008
wein concern me with the love madness of you and Hannibal?

that love is not madness abeg. kiss
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by KarmaMod(f): 1:53am On Oct 26, 2008
She's just going to say that Nollwyood made it all up. Maybe the movie Magun was based on a fake Yoruba tradition too *rolls eyes*

It's not even about Nollywood. They're many authentic articles stating these things. It's not just parts of  Igbo land, it's also among Edos and some Yoruba villages

yet she wants to believe that it doesnt happen in Igboland AT ALL.

Not possible. Thankfully she trusts David so she cant say he's a "Nollywood liar" unlike me.

Whether people still practice it or not is another debate entirely but i won't deny it.

well seeing that I still see some kids with tribal marks, one could say it's not as rampant as before but it most likely pops up every now and then esp in traditional villages
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by KarmaMod(f): 1:55am On Oct 26, 2008
He's like 10 yrs younger than you Funmi. See him as a brother not a lover

Jeez.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Sauron1: 1:55am On Oct 26, 2008
PepERSprAY:

that love is not madness abeg. kiss

DeepZone loves Hannibal like a mongoose loves a black mamba. tongue

KarmaMod:

He's like 10 years younger than you Funmi. See him as a brother not a lover

Jeez.

Who says i can't marry Funmi even if she's 20 yrs older??
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by PepERSprAY: 1:58am On Oct 26, 2008
Why are many people here trying so hard to kknow ma age? i am ageless sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

My Ex Girlfriend Ignores Me - What You Need To Do To Change This / Check Out This Lady's "Natural" Photo Shoot That Got People Talking. Photos / How To Deflower A Pussy Without Much Pain (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.