Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,471 members, 7,850,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:21 AM

Igbo Women Are Too Demanding - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Igbo Women Are Too Demanding (18200 Views)

Beautiful Igbo Women / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships / Are SS & Igbo Women More Beautiful Than Yoruba Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 1:56am On Oct 25, 2008
Gamine:

If you don't know something, isnt it better to ask. My friends mumsi was askd to do this. She refusd and till date, her husbands people hate. They are not in d village by the way, they don't even hav ibo accent

and where is this?
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Gamine(f): 2:02am On Oct 25, 2008
They are from Anambra, Nnewi sef. D man died in 1998, yet dey still want her to drink wareva, evn till date.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Gamine(f): 2:02am On Oct 25, 2008
It was armd robbers dat killd d man at home, in frnt of d whole family sef. Yet smhow it was d woman dat killd their "son"
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Morenike3(f): 2:03am On Oct 25, 2008
ewwwwwww, this is the first time I'm hearing about this bathwater thing
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 2:35am On Oct 25, 2008
Gamine:

It was armd robbers that killd d man at home, in frnt of d whole family sef. Yet smhow it was d woman that killd their "son"

You mean they saved the water for 10 years?
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Gamine(f): 2:37am On Oct 25, 2008
It happens.
Kowa ya sami rana,,,,
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Gamine(f): 2:43am On Oct 25, 2008
Nope, dey savd it 4 a wyl, i dont know what they are asking her to do now. But they wont just leav d woman alone, dey cnt evn go to d village in peace
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by chiogo(f): 3:26am On Oct 25, 2008
Wow! @plus_Queen, I can't believe you never heard about the bath water crap. You always seemed to know so much about the igbo culture. Anywayz, it pretty much happens, I don't think it still happens now though, maybe in uncivilized villages. If you watch old school nollywood movies(when those people actually made good movies), you'll see a lot of such scenes. I know nollywood movies are fallacies sometimes but my parents confirmed that practice also. It doesn't happen where I come from though but yeah, everybody knows it is(was) a practice in some parts of igbo.

@topic, because we got a lot to offer? Go figure. . . .
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by namun(f): 4:27am On Oct 25, 2008
please dont insult yoruba women.,,,
they are decent and well behaved. if poeple have problems wit igbo women. u dont have 2 beef yoruba cos of it. apart 4m dat most negative treads have been posted about ibo. maybe, dey should check demselves and sort out d negativies concerning dem
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 5:02am On Oct 25, 2008
namun:

please don't insult yoruba women.,,,
they are decent and well behaved. if poeple have problems wit igbo women. u don't have 2 beef yoruba because of it. apart 4m that most negative treads have been posted about ibo. maybe, [b]dey should check demselves and sort out d negativies concerning them [/b]

Look at another idiot creeping in .
This shrine reject !
blockhead
You better get back to night school and learn how to construct simple sentences before disgracing yourself here.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Morenike3(f): 5:05am On Oct 25, 2008
lmao. . . . Don't try to get offended easily.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by KarmaMod(f): 5:13am On Oct 25, 2008
@plus_Queen, I can't believe you never heard about the bath water crap. You always seemed to know so much about the igbo culture. Anywayz, it pretty much happens, I don't think it still happens now though, maybe in uncivilized villages. If you watch old school nollywood movies(when those people actually made good movies), you'll see a lot of such scenes. I know nollywood movies are fallacies sometimes but my parents confirmed that practice also. It doesn't happen where I come from though but yeah, everybody knows it is(was) a practice in some parts of igbo.

Now you people are coming out. O ga o. when the world was saying I was making things up, everyone else was silent
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by PepERSprAY: 8:46am On Oct 25, 2008
KarmaMod:

Now you people are coming out. O ga o. when the world was saying I was making things up, everyone else was silent

The preponderance of that evidence is still faltering. Only one person reported appropriately where it happened once and it raised a lot of dust which meant it is not a normal practice. Others are my neighbor, my friend, my parents told me, including myself but where it still happens is still a mystery. It's like the way you said the tribal mark stuff, anybody can blow it off proportion as if it's a common practice in this century when it is a culture that is almost dead.

My own survey proved futile among many igbos for they do not know what it is except my in laws older friend that said it used to exist back in the days. It is very important for us to be clear on such issues on whether it is a current practice or a dying culture. Slavery was in America and is still in some places in America today but it is a dead practice. No need to harp on this issue cos it makes someone that is accused of such practice when he or she hasn't seen it to look bad. You can also ask Chigo where and when it happened and what village assuming she is truly ibo.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Gamine(f): 10:59am On Oct 25, 2008
I cant believe Igbo would claim not to know about that practice.

Its like Yoruba people claiming they dont give all em Lion-like marks.

Chei, Barkono, ina so, i like your style jare.

See people bursting their nerves ontop, things that wont go away.

Seriously beating a dead horse, dosnt even come close.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by KarmaMod(f): 1:09pm On Oct 25, 2008
Funmi give it a rest

Your survey means nothing because you always claim this and that and you have no true ties to such vllages.

Since you want to claim that Chiogo isnt Igbo (LOL), are Agaba, Gamine and David lying too?

Make I hear word. Better learn something instead of dying in the pool of denial.

PLus no where in this thread did anyone say it STILL happens(please quote anyone who said so), wouldnt surprise me if it pops up every now and then like tribal marks. Point remains that it was once a big tradition. It was the denying that it ever happened at all, that caused the issue.

Where's Aloy o, unless of course he too wants to claim that everyone else is lying. Were.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by tpia: 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2008
from plus-queen

Then I went to a federal school outside Igboland and that broadened my horizon the more

lol
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by tpia: 5:25pm On Oct 25, 2008
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by tpia: 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2008
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by tangent(f): 6:16pm On Oct 25, 2008
tpia:

I read the thread. I was also in a boxing match at the time with plus-queen, aloy-emeka and some other folks defending Igboland against people like me, so I couldnt be bothered to comment.

I did a quick google check and found the thing all over the internet, just like most other African customs people try to sweep under the carpet.

Of course we all know in most parts of Africa, traditionalist minded people always insist nobody can die a natural death. Most times its either the wife killed him or his enemies got him.

The one I know of ( not Igbo), is where a guy died and his relatives categorically told the wife that she was the one who killed him, and that they were going to kill her too. though I know a Yoruba case where the inlaws said the same thing. The lady got the shock of her life because both she and her husband were highly educated and she'd expected her inlaws to be enlightened. Most of the Yoruba instances I know of, tend to involve the semi literate brothers/relatives of the husband struggling with the wife and kids for the guy's property.

there are so many areas in the east with weird traditional practises. i was told a man that lost his fiance few days to their wedding still go ahead to marry the corpse(dressed in wedding gown). it happened to a distant cousin and i am sure some villages still practise this evil act.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by savanaha: 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2008
plus_Queen:

Look at another idiot creeping in .
This shrine reject !
blockhead
You better get back to night school and learn how to construct simple sentences before disgracing yourself here.

oh my gosh, I am in the library cracking up. The human race is a hot mess. We are all quiet entertaining. All these stereotypes are amazing.
My friend (American) is taking a cultural anthropology class and I showed her this to do a class discussion for her project. I really want to know how it will turn out. I will report to you all momentarily how her professor and class reacted.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2008
savanaha:

oh my gosh, I am in the library cracking up. The human race is a hot mess. We are all quiet entertaining. All these stereotypes are amazing.
My friend (American) is taking a cultural anthropology class and I showed her this to do a class discussion for her project. I really want to know how it will turn out. I will report to you all momentarily how her professor and class reacted.

More than amazing.
And when I tell her she eats from the same bowl she shaits in,she'll start having convulsions.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2008
PepERSprAY:

The preponderance of that evidence is still faltering. Only one person reported appropriately where it happened once and it raised a lot of dust which meant it is not a normal practice. Others are my neighbor, my friend, my parents told me, including myself but where it still happens is still a mystery. It's like the way you said the tribal mark stuff, anybody can blow it off proportion as if it's a common practice in this century when it is a culture that is almost dead.

My own survey proved futile among many igbos for they do not know what it is except my in laws older friend that said it used to exist back in the days. It is very important for us to be clear on such issues on whether it is a current practice or a dying culture. Slavery was in America and is still in some places in America today but it is a dead practice. No need to harp on this issue because it makes someone that is accused of such practice when he or she hasn't seen it to look bad. You can also ask Chigo where and when it happened and what village assuming she is truly ibo.

It's just simple commonsense for anyone to know that it's possible to come from ado ekiti and not know of some rare practices in Ijebu ode.
but no
Nairalander Nollywood experts expect all of us to know.
sheshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can we now move on from this revelation of the century

Igbos drink bathwater
Yorubas drink bathwater
Edos drink bathwater

can this topic be finally squashed
shessssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Morenike3(f): 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2008
Plz abeg, dnt let DZ start on Ado-Ekiti o. shocked shocked
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2008
chiogo:

Wow! @plus_Queen, I can't believe you never heard about the bath water crap. You always seemed to know so much about the igbo culture. Anywayz, it pretty much happens, I don't think it still happens now though, maybe in uncivilized villages. If you watch old school nollywood movies(when those people actually made good movies), you'll see a lot of such scenes. I know nollywood movies are fallacies sometimes but my parents confirmed that practice also. It doesn't happen where I come from though but yeah, everybody knows it is(was) a practice in some parts of igbo.

@topic, because we got a lot to offer? Go figure. . . .

Sorry I missed your post.
But I never heard of it.
I asked my husband and called a few friends and none of them them had ever heard of it too.
I'm not a nollywood movie fan
Why some individuals feel a need to point fingers continually at Igbos when the same things and worse happen at their backyard beats me.
Now this is the last time I'll mention bath and water and drink in one sentence
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2008
*Morenike:

Plz abeg, dnt let DZ start on Ado-Ekiti o. shocked shocked

hopefully you have some osun stereotypes to shove down her throat grin
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 11:04pm On Oct 25, 2008
tangent:

there are so many areas in the east with weird traditional practises. i was told a man that lost his fiance few days to their wedding still go ahead to marry the corpse(dressed in wedding gown). it happened to a distant cousin and i am sure some villages still practise this evil act.

Did this distant cousin of yours marry a corpse because he was an slowpoke or because tradition required him to marry a corpse?
How many corpse wedding have people attended?
do they take pictures?
Maybe nollywood is yet to do a movie on that one.
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by Morenike3(f): 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2008
plus_Queen:

hopefully you have some osun stereotypes to shove down her throat grin
Lend me some, abeg tongue
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by chisimdi(f): 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2008
plus_Queen:

Did this distant cousin of yours marry a corpse because he was an slowpoke or because tradition required him to marry a corpse?
do they take pictures?
lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by plusQueen: 11:08pm On Oct 25, 2008
*Morenike:

Lend me some, abeg tongue

If she's any representation of them (which I doubt she is) there's plenty to see there
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by MrCrackles(m): 11:11pm On Oct 25, 2008
this thread is brewing big time

plus_Queen:

do they take pictures?

haha
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by PepERSprAY: 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2008
Plz abeg, dnt let DZ start on Ado-Ekiti o.
shocked shocked their women lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

very sassy
Re: Igbo Women Are Too Demanding by PepERSprAY: 11:16pm On Oct 25, 2008

do they take pictures?
Roflmao. I know, I know, i've heard blah blah blah blah. The same way Americans heard that Africans live on trees. Some have sworn to others that some Nigerians accepted they actually live on trees with wild animals. That is the mystery behind 'I heard'. Now, do you live on trees back in Africa?.

I repeat, this bath water custom must be a rare occurrence if at all it exists. It sounds more mythical every minute apart from Ezegu that gave a more convincing report. I've asked someone from Nnewi and he said he's never seen it done anywhere around there and he has witnessed many funerals where the widows are accused by the husband family of killing her husband. It is in existence but may be like slavery in America.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

My Ex Girlfriend Ignores Me - What You Need To Do To Change This / Woman Narrates How She Was Almost Beaten To Death In Front Of Her Kids By Fiancé / Check Out This Lady's "Natural" Photo Shoot That Got People Talking. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.