Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. (46473 Views)

Pictures From The Top 3 New Federal Universities / A Nairalander Bagged First Class And Best Student Award In Oau Convocation / Can I Get A Job Or Do A Masters Programme With Third Class In Industrial Maths? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by Capableben(m): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
Fourwinds:
dose of u who are still not convinced shiukd pls try OAU. I was dere I knew what I saw. dat challenge has built me in every aspect of life. sometimes it reminds me of d 300 spartans. white house my beloved house
Bro, I wanna transfer to OAU next year. Is that possible I school at futyola.
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by Fourwinds: 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
Capableben:
Bro, I wanna transfer to OAU next year. Is that possible I school at futyola.
well a transfer is possible if u have a good CGPA. at least minimum of 2.1
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by richybanky(m): 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
sheyman4phy: when did u graduate abeg?lol @ richy tell dem say white house no b beans o esp when lecturers like dr AK,Ariribi,Tchokosa,Oliseh,Awoyemi are taking u diff courses in a semester....CGPA don dey enta road 1 b dat o...#IREPOAU

grin grin grin Na die hard part5 be dat
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
fabiaknow: Dr ijaya...
Dr. Of 40. grin
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by Capableben(m): 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
Fourwinds:
well I transfer is possible if u have a good CGPA. at least minimum of 2.1
Could u pls demystify the processes involved
And please, my friends keep discouraging me that I might end up losing it all -both my school and the oau. Do u know pple that have transfered successfully
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by dejt4u(m): 3:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
sheyman4phy: 2013
ok..i also graduated in 2013(edu physics)..so mayb we'v met before
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by ghostwritter(m): 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Kylekent59:

Note: being brilliant and smart are 2 different meaning. It is better to be smart when compared to being brilliant.
Use ur head ooo,na Nigeria we dey ooo
is it until I say that I had to tatoo my body with answers before u understand me?
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by Fourwinds: 3:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
Capableben:
Could u pls demystify the processes involved
And please, my friends keep discouraging me that I might end up losing it all -both my school and the oau. Do u know pple that have transfered successfully
u will have to work on d department of choice in OAU. u ensure dat dey are ready to take u before obtaining a transcript from ur present school. but make sure all process have been concluded in OAU before notifying ur school.
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by deleo16(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
the current education system is fraught with many problems.  First, educators undermine the development of creative and independent thinking in students with their emphasis on the right answer.  Essentially, students are discouraged from exploring complex issues when their journey for knowledge is abruptly terminated with their discovery of the one right answer.  Consequently, the students who thrive in the school system are typically skilled in rote memorization.  However, they are ill-equipped to deal with the dynamic and complex realities of our society.  Instead of preparing our young people to apply their thinking to changing situations, the education system has essentially produced graduates who are dependent on their superiors and limited by their lack of creativity.
The problem is the foundation,lack of proper study of a child talent when young .a child Good in art because of parent,or profession that pays higher tends to neglect is passion for art which he/she was suppose to nurture while in nursery and encourage to follow he's or her talent I am not encouraging failure if you are school do well, but if you fall in the catogery I explain earlier he or might struggle in a particular course in school while some is bad lecturers, handout money problem e.tc May God help us all.
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by seribroo56(m): 3:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
Dammyllionaire:

I dont want to comment before but i think i have to comment, dont even try to mention LAUTECH again. LAUTECH of all school, if some people here dont know what LAUTECH is good at, i personally know because that's the 2nd school am familiar with after the school i graduated from which is Great Ife.
an why is that..please explain
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by mike70(m): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
performing well is not abt the school you go. its about what your brain can cope with. but to be sincere, first class, 2.1 even 2.2 are not easy to get in some schools. e.g oau, Futa this is because you have no short cut than to read very well. many read in Oau and will still fail.
from a statistic, people that score 200 to 270 in jamb perform better than all this 290 to 300+. distinction graduate from ado poly graduate with 2.2 In Oau.
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by J3da: 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
LARRYDKING: If u've heard of or experienced the several rigorous tests and screening students of federal varsities have passed through before been offered admission, u'll only but agree with me that it's just the best brains in Nigeria that attends federal schs.

Unilag for example have the policy of admitting candidates who generally merit there admission irrespective of the number. Even thier supplimentary list is always choked up with students who have high score but could not still merit the requirementss. Very good examples of such requirements as it affects all engineering candidates/aspirants of the sch is the possession of at least a credit pass in F-maths at O/level, having a minimum of distinction frm a polytechnic before been quailfied for direct entry among others. After all these, some of their students still graduate will third class and pass.

OAU is another sch where where students who merit their admission can sit at home and expect their names in the first admission list of the sch, same applies in U.I and other federal schs.

Apology to the students of the state unis but this does nt happen in state unis, scoring high and meriting admission requirements cant be totally used as a yardstick for admission, just a phone call frm a prominent member of the society will secure one admission. So if they make 3rd class, we can't really blame anyone for it.

After beating all these requirements to be offered admission into the federal university, why do some students still make as low as 2.2, 3rd class and pass from their schools with all the tests they have passed showing their academic prowess

Share your view.

Maybe if you have been sexually harassed and not succumbed, but the lecturer in question swore never to pass you, you would understand, maybe if you couldn't afford to pay for course materials, or you have to work to pay fees you will understand, there are lots of maybe's But trust me 2.2 and 3rd class doesn't determine a person's destiny, i know of people who graduated with 1st class that 2.2 and 3rd class graduates are far better than.

I met a first class dude that has won lots of scholarships... He is a scholar, intelligent yea, but not smart one bit and for that reason i couldn't date him... i no want bookaholic, i want a smart, sharp sharp dude. That's what pays the bill, not what you read in text books to make a first class. Mtcheeew

3 Likes

Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by bsalva(m): 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
U are still a baby,and sincerely ure still been fed from home I have critical example of 7 unilag graduates in my area and they are all useless, Allah if u wish to meet them no probs.
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by Capableben(m): 7:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Fourwinds:
u will have to work on d department of choice in OAU. u ensure dat dey are ready to take u before obtaining a transcript from ur present school. but make sure all process have been concluded in OAU before notifying ur school.
thank you bro, u d best
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by Fourwinds: 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
Capableben:
thank you bro, u d best
u are welcome
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
bsalva: U are still a baby,and sincerely ure still been fed from home I have critical example of 7 unilag graduates in my area and they are all useless, Allah if u wish to meet them no probs.

I'm sure u didn't read d post, u read only d comment.
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by teemanbastos(m): 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
dejt4u:
cnt talk for oda school..for oau where i schld, white house na die.. Science dept is situated in 'White house' - we have phy nd engineering phy dept, chemistry nd industrial chemistry dept, geology nd geophysics dept..the sister to dis building is the 'yellow house'-mathematics dept..

Them dey suck GP die for those places.. You hv to be intelligent and very very smart to scale tru unhurt... #respect
aw it dy suck g.p then??
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by teehay45(m): 11:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
whether u finish with a first class or 2.1 u still have to justify that grade in the labour market.
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by teehay45(m): 11:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
it's not that there is already one automatic employment waiting 4 u. there are many first class and 2.1 graduates who are not at par with their mate technically and academically
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by EGRESS(m): 12:29am On Aug 29, 2014
I still cant get a concrete answer to this my question, why is it that students who graduated with 2 2 or third class here in Nigeria excel and even graduated as one of the best in their respective schools in abroad? Is it that the output is not measured based on the input or its grace we need to commensurate our excellence.
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by IyawoToBe(f): 8:11am On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by 2livescrew: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2014
ednut1: post jamb jamb and waec are not what they teach in uni , forget the so called Merit lots of man know man occurs, there are many factors eg lecturer sadism, student joining cults or becoming club boys, stress, lack of funds etc . and it is a very wrong assertion that private uni students are dull, big lie . i have a friend with 2.1 in economics from convenant she blasted ican without failing while there were first class accounting students in unilorin ican was giving slaps grin

nnnmmmmmmmm!Ican giving slaps to first classs acconting students in Unilorin?Interesting gambit.
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by tall2ce(m): 9:24am On Aug 29, 2014
op state uni's are more tough because of insufficient facilities dats y u see few first class in state schools not that all state uni students are dull brains even d unilag u r shouting only few students gets admission on merit

1 Like

Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by mayorHP: 9:45am On Aug 29, 2014
MisterLongman: There is this popular notion that lecturers fail their because they don't want them to reach their level... That's why you hear in some schools that a department has never produced a first class or even 2nd class upper student and the department is proud of the status quo..... I don't know if its true or not tho
its very true, lot of lecturers themselves graduated with 2.2 hence they become 'sadist' to there students
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by Shegetine: 9:51am On Aug 29, 2014
Have u forgotten that examination is not the true test of a man's ability, moreover a lot of factors associates with exams at the time of writing so stop thinking that you having 2.1 ahead of your colleague makes you a better student.
LARRYDKING:

source pls It's nt that i dont believe u, i'll just like to read d full details myself, something must be wrong somewhr. BTW, what's the name of the uni? See, if a 2.86 could beat OAU's best student in any test, he can definately beat the best student of his own sch too in such test. Tell me what i dont knw abt the test.
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by bigmoztj(m): 11:47am On Aug 29, 2014
All State Universities are Community schools, no hard feeling and is very rare where a graduate from State university will out smart a Fed. uni graduate. I know of a graduate from Ebonyi state university who could not manage to write a bad CV after her NYSC #gosh# and they are the ones (State University graduate) that lobby for almost everything - employment, food, Transportation, ......... I am proud to be a Feddie graduate
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by juwoonn(m): 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
ednut1: post jamb jamb and waec are not what they teach in uni , forget the so called Merit lots of man know man occurs, there are many factors eg lecturer sadism, student joining cults or becoming club boys, stress, lack of funds etc . and it is a very wrong assertion that private uni students are dull, big lie . i have a friend with 2.1 in economics from convenant she blasted ican without failing while there were first class accounting students in unilorin ican was giving slaps grin
Trying to condemn unilorin Huh? Unilorin is still the best. Better by far!
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by ednut1(m): 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
juwoonn:
Trying to condemn unilorin Huh? Unilorin is still the best. Better by far!
condemn how, jst an example, btw i went to unilorin accounting wink
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by toby2(m): 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
pls i need information on futminna admission. i have lower credit from fedpoly ado-ekiti. i dnt know if they do admit student wit such grades in the skul as per direct entry.
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by SenatorJames(m): 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
I dont see any special difference between Federal and State Universities, in their process of admission, quality of education, success after school etc.

Have you heard about some Computer science graduates from LAUTECH working with Bill Gates?

1 Like

Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by Capableben(m): 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
Fourwinds:
u are welcome

But hope OAU is good in engineering I wanna get the best of education, at least within this country.
Re: Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. by Fourwinds: 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
Capableben:

But hope OAU is good in engineering I wanna get the best of education, at least within this country.
ofcourse yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

WASSCE: South-West States To Reopen Schools / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / 18 Interesting Pictures From The Past You’ve Probably Not Seen Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.