Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished (61307 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / The Acculturuation Bewteen Midwestern And Eastern Nigerian Cultures. / Wicked Widowhood Practices That Must Be Abolished In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Outstrip(f): 6:43pm On Oct 27, 2008
pepperspray you know darn good and well that in nigeria autistic people or people living with mental retartdation or developmental disabilities are either killed aby their family members or hidden from the public. How many of them have you actually seen in Nigeria. My aunty has a son with cerebral palsy and he is a very bright kid. He is the only one that I can truly say I have seen treated well. I went to primary school with a kid with down's syndrome and I remember that whenever you go to the toilets in school, he would always be in there playing on the floor. He probably even ate the poop and nobody cared.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by JamaicanQT(f): 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2008
GENITAL MUTILATION angry angry angry
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Gamine(f): 7:06pm On Oct 27, 2008
@Outstrip

i had a friend whose Older brother was Autistic,

The guy went everywhere o, he wasnt killed or hidden.

@Jamaican

What is genital mutilation?

i see nothing wrong in Circumcision tho.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by JJYOU: 7:10pm On Oct 27, 2008
Gamine:

@Outstrip

i had a friend whose Older brother was Autistic,

The guy went everywhere o, he wasnt killed or hidden.

@Jamaican

What is genital mutilation?

i see not wrong in Circumcision tho.
you just broke seuns land no2 commandment. wait for the black nazis with their vernom
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Gamine(f): 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2008
lol
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by JamaicanQT(f): 7:45pm On Oct 27, 2008
Gamine
IMO female should have the choice of FGM, i've seen on tele where girls as young as 4 getting her bits cut off. immediate complications can include severe pain, shock, haemorrhage (bleeding), tetanus or sepsis (bacterial infection), urine retention, open sores in the genital region and injury to nearby genital tissue.

Long-term consequences can include:

recurrent bladder and urinary tract infections;
cysts;
infertility;
the need for later surgeries. For example, the FGM procedure that seals or narrows a vaginal opening (type 3 above) is surgically changed to allow for sexual intercourse and childbirth, and sometimes stitched close again afterwards;
an increased risk of childbirth complications and newborn deaths.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Gamine(f): 8:18pm On Oct 27, 2008
Ok.

There is this Prominent Nigerian Woman

She and her sisters were Circumcised as babies.

There is no known effect on them, as she says.

She has Sex and she enjoys it accordingly.

it just so happens
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by bawomolo(m): 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2008
Gamine:

Ok.

it just so happens

she is talking about the medicial issues the general population of circumcized women face. that woman and her sister is not big enough of a sample size to reach the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with female circumcision.  female circumcision is usually done in unhygenic environments using barbaric techniques. there are no benefits to cutting a woman's clitoris, so why do it?? lots of these circumcisions don't occuer when the girls are babies by the way
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 9:09pm On Oct 27, 2008
lmao. so because 2 people say they are fine that means it's not a barbaric tradition

You people are ridiculous
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by DisGuy: 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2008
Gamine:

Ok.

it just so happens

two anons?  lipsrsealed

would they recommend it for their daughters?

did they have any say before it was carried out?
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 10:57pm On Oct 27, 2008
Gamine:

Ok.

it just so happens

angry angry
Of course there are little or no adverse effect but it will be very difficult for the woman to enjoy sex and achieve orgasm. The clitoris is your penis and when it gets chopped off, it means the man will have to work extra hard to take you to cloud nine but you know that most Nigerian men dont care about your pleasure as long as they are getting theirs. That is why most women in Nigeria do not know anything about achieving orgasm during sex. How frustrating that can be.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by OrumbaS89(f): 4:16am On Oct 28, 2008
Nigeria

1. Denying the fact that the Biafran War was a genocide
2. Accepting tribalism.
3. Always complaining about Igbos: why the fu!k are my people so special?
4. Having one area super developed while the rest is so-so.
5. Bad politics
6. Loud talking
7. Hypocrisy is almost everything
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 4:21am On Oct 28, 2008
I wonder what those of the Naija Delta should say then
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by bawomolo(m): 4:34am On Oct 28, 2008
OrumbaS89:

Nigeria

independent observers said it wasn't a genocide about 30years ago. what "fact" are we denying.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Ifygurl: 4:42am On Oct 28, 2008
Pepperspray.

I see finally your a trabilist trying to mask it as if it's just peity insults. 
Let me guess; your yoruba right?   Since that's the only tribe you say good stuff about.

And stupid, next time i suggest get your facts right.

One IGBO people are ALLOWED to fly their DEAD FAMILY BACK TO THEIR HOMELAND.  If we want?  Na YOUR CULTURE? ABi, No so STFU about it.  If you GUYS want bury your family in a foreign country, let us bury ourselves in our homeland. Thank you .

And two:
Yam festival DOESN'T involve HUMAN SCARIFICE(Get with the future; that happened in the past).  Jeez, i hate when trabilist talk, it's like their stupid mind is stuck in the past.

It's like me claiming Yoruba are still selling people off as slaves(Stupid right? Since that's what ya'll did in the past).

I don't know about ya'll but i'm tired of seeing trabilist post in these place.

Pepperspray, Seun actually made a place for you people(When you get to the culutre site, look up, their's a place that says (Trabilist/racist).  That's where you post your comments you understand.

And three CAN'T IGBO PEOPLE BUILD HOUSE IN OUR OWN VILLAGE.  Is LAGOS, our OWN place.  Hell NO.  Yoruba people build homes in Lagos(It belongs to ya'll) while we build homes in our OWN PLACE.  Jeez, please keep quiet about shit you don't know about will you?
I know my parents have home in Enugu and Anambra and we don't have one in Lagos and Abuja(even though we've lived there) (It ain't ours so why improve that place).  It's like saying the Anambra governor that's opening up hospital in Anambra should open one in Lagos because he lived there once(that's stupidity, yoruba/lagos governors should open one there).

P.S: What Okun? Never heard of it(I think you made that up seeing that all the igbo people in this forum haven't heard of it.)

OrumbaS89:

Nigeria

2. Accepting tribalism.
3. Always complaining about Igbos: why the fu!k are my people so special?
4. Having one area super developed while the rest is so-so.
5. Bad politics
6. Loud talking
7. Hypocrisy is almost everything

I know right.  Abi, i'm tired of this.  Every post it's igbo this or igbo that.  Jeez, leave our culture to us.  We ain't as concerned about their culture and your right.  NIGERIANS WE HAVE TRABILISM and after what i've obersved WE ARE THE MOST TRABILIST NATION IN AFRICA.(I say it like i see it).  We ain't the most racist but we are the most trabilist(And you bithes know it, no denying that shit).

bawomolo:

independent observers said it wasn't a genocide about 30years ago. what "fact" are we denying.

Biafra is a genocide. KILLING more than two million people(why isn't that consider a genocide?) Seriously, why isn't that consider a genocide? (I'm curious, can someone explain that? just wondering)

1 Like

Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 5:51am On Oct 28, 2008
Let me guess; your yoruba right? Since that's the only tribe you say good stuff about.

Ekiti is Yorubaland and she yarns dust about it all the time. Dont think you're special, she does this to just about everyone. She's worse with the Hausas

and your comment of Yorubas and slavery doesnt make sense. Seeing that most Haitians can trace thsemlves back to Igboland, wouldnt that mean Yorubas arent the only ones that were invlved the trade?
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by bawomolo(m): 6:00am On Oct 28, 2008
Biafra is a genocide. KILLING more than two million people(why isn't that consider a genocide?) Seriously, why isn't that consider a genocide? (I'm curious, can someone explain that? just wondering)

millions died in WW1 and i don't see anyone screaming genocide. genocide is the systematic killing of civilians belonging to a certain group. basically an attempt at ethnic cleansing.  this wasn't seen in the biafra war(i don't deny civillians were killed).  what happened in rwanda and armenia fits the definition of genocide and not biafra.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Ifygurl: 6:10am On Oct 28, 2008
KarmaMod:

Ekiti is Yorubaland and she yarns dust about it all the time. don't think you're special, she does this to just about everyone. She's worse with the Hausas

and your comment of Yorubas and slavery doesnt make sense. Seeing that most Haitians can trace thsemlves back to Igboland, wouldnt that mean Yorubas arent the only ones that were invlved the trade?

I didn't say ya'll are the only ones involved with slavery. I said you guys sold off more slaves than other tribes. That's what they taught us in my school but i don't trust this American schools(sometimes they make up lies) so i wouldn't be sure.
bawomolo:

millions died in WW1 and i don't see anyone screaming genocide. genocide is the systematic killing of civilians belonging to a certain group. basically an attempt at ethnic cleansing. this wasn't seen in the biafra war(i don't deny civillians were killed). what happened in rwanda and armenia fits the definition of genocide and not biafra.

I guess so. That's what my mother said that Biafra wasn't a genocide (I never got it till now, i guess). I believe ya'll afterall my mom experienced it and i didn't
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Gamine(f): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2008
Its more Ridiculous that people using the internet, do not know how to read.

i like what Alvin Toffler said "The illiterate of the future are not those who can't read or write
but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn"

Circumcision is different from Mutilation.

kai!

also, how did She and her Sisters turn to Two people? undecided

@Bawo, if you werent circumcised as a baby, wont you pass on it now?

in fact circumcision on any grown person is discouraged.

because of the stated risks.

so my pipu, go and learn!
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by JJYOU: 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2008
Gamine:

Its more Ridiculous that people using the internet, do not know how to read.

i like what Alvin Toffler said "[i]The illiterate of the future are not those who can't read or write
but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn
"[/i]

Circumcision is different from Mutilation.

kai!

also, how did She and her Sisters turn to Two people? undecided

@Bawo, if you werent circumcised as a baby, wont you pass on it now?

in fact circumcision on any grown person is discouraged.

because of the stated risks.

so my pipu, go and learn!

Circumcision is different from Mutilation
not on NL. first commandment thou shall not tell the truth about islam and mole people. 2nd thou shall not say FGM or circumcision is done properly with people having healthy sexual life. i think seun and the militias are still coming on this later
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 12:22pm On Oct 28, 2008
female circumcision is the same as mutilation of the female gentilia as they are NO worthy benefits to it whatsoever whether you like it or not

meager experience of Mama this and that saying otherwise is bullshit. Tell that to the millions of African females saying otherwise.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Gamine(f): 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2008
@Josh,

Make them come, abi no be internet where we dey grin

What the heck is Meger
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2008
Just because Edo state is notorious for that nonsense doesnt mean you should blindly support it.

since you claimn to be Christian sef, show me where The Bible supports it.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Gamine(f): 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2008
Girl, why are you going off point.

i think you should go back to YIM, maybe then your ignorance wont be too apparent.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 3:18pm On Oct 28, 2008
Gamine:

Girl, why are you going off point.

i think you should go back to YIM, maybe then your ignorance wont be too apparent.

Gamine, don't even start with me because the most you'd be able to do is cry and get reinforcements aka the agbaya following you up and down.

Who's the ignorant lunatic that doesnt know that female circumcision is just as much mutilation as anything else. Ode

"madam so and so said it's fine so that means other victims are lying"

The fact you'd even write such garbage with a straight face baffles me.

Hopefully you're just drunk.

when you're sober, get back to me. Until then be quiet.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Sauron1: 3:30pm On Oct 28, 2008
Not again!!!!
Anutha war of words on this thread??
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2008
~Sauron~:

Not again!!!!
Anutha war of words on this thread??
Gbeborun, what's your own?
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by KarmaMod(f): 3:43pm On Oct 28, 2008
He's a woman.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 3:44pm On Oct 28, 2008
KarmaMod:

Just because Edo state is notorious for that nonsense doesnt mean you should blindly support it.

since you claimn to be Christian sef, show me where The Bible supports it.
It's the North abeg. undecided
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by Sauron1: 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Gbeborun, what's your own?

U are a Arrow. . . . .Why won't u support war of worlds?
Nkita Ara.

KarmaMod:

He's a woman.

And you are what??
Don't even start. angry angry angry angry
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2008
pepperspray you know darn good and well that in nigeria autistic people or people living with mental retartdation or developmental disabilities are either killed aby their family members or hidden from the public. How many of them have you actually seen in Nigeria. My aunty has a son with cerebral palsy and he is a very bright kid. He is the only one that I can truly say I have seen treated well. I went to primary school with a kid with down's syndrome and I remember that whenever you go to the toilets in school, he would always be in there playing on the floor. He probably even ate the poop and nobody cared.

I've never heard or seen this thing you are saying before. Is it the North, Ibo, Calabar or edo that do it?. It's murder!!.
Re: Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished by PepERSprAY: 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2008
U are a Arrow. . . . .Why won't u support war of worlds?
Nkita Ara.

Ohhh Yes, I wanted to see the thug in you.

What is nkita ara?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The 6ft Tall Idanre Queen Who Outlived All Her Husbands (Photo) / Basic Ways To Promote And Preserve The Nigerian Culture And Tradition. / Real Reason Olori Wuraola Moved Out Of Ooni‘s Palace - ThisDayLive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.