Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Aba: A City In Ruins - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba: A City In Ruins (45138 Views)

Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins / Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents / Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Feraz(m): 8:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
chinasaekperem: Instead of making this problem a general igbo setback, some stvpid anambrarians are here claiming their state is the best in southeast, this is what a yoruba man can't do, we igbos can be sometime disunited. I spit on some of you, this is how we are gonna run biafra
I wonder why you bothered with the guy! Or he probably wants to start something here. Just ignore him!
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
chinology: A city with rustic and mud houses is the worst and it can scare investors faster than even mad dogs..

I did not mention mud house oo

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
wristwatch:

bros a city with rusty roof compare to city with modern roof but untidy environment and bad roads, pls where will investors go?
Are you from rusty roof? Anyway you have a point shaa but that has not deterred investors from investing in Aba because of its viability. Though I still want a reverse of what we have now.

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by 100Cents: 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bryan12: Ok.The only solution to this problem of aba and its environs is by making aba a state.simple

I strongly support. If it happens, I relocate to Aba.
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by d33jy85: 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hmmmn if they allowed Onyema Ugochukwu. To be given his mandate inStead of rigging him out Aba wud be lyk dubai. undecided
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by dazzy4real(m): 8:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
LIKE I WILL ALWAYS SAY MY HEART BLEED FOR MY STATE! SINCE I WAS BORN NO IMPROVEMENT IS EVEN GETTING WORSE EVRY OTHER STATES ARE WAKING UP PUTIN THINGS IN ORDER ABA IS JUST DILAPidating...

4 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by uzoexcel(m): 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
things havent changed
was there less than 6 months ago and the roads were really in a sorry state
Mynd44: I was in Aba last year.....in a way, I agree with the OP.

Except things have changed
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by chinology: 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
But mud mud and rustic roofs goes together as it can only be found in a particular region! Do you need picture evidence?

wristwatch:

I did not mention mud house oo
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by 100Cents: 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
abagoro:

As usual with the Igbo cowards you've either ignorantly or deliberately tried to exonerate this wicked man known as Jonathan from his disregard for Igbos and South-south people. All the roads transversing through the former Eastern regions are in ruins. I'm fed up with Jonathan's government and its ineptitude and utter disregard for Igbos. Somebody quoted Akwa-Ibom like the roads there are in good state. Try to travel to Calabar from Itu or from Ikot-Ekpene to Aba or Ikot-Ekpene to Umuahia. All the roads connecting Akwa-Ibom to other States are in ruins. Travelling on East-West road from Port harcourt to Onne takes 5hours. It is one of the worst roads in the world. Travelling from Port harcourt to Owerri is suicidal. Try to journey from Port harcourt to Enugu and you'll regret your life. Let's save our future. Igbos say no to Jonathan's disastrous leadership.

Don't insult me because you are here to campaign for APC. At least I know that Aba Umuahia road is under construction by Jonathan. From Ubakala to Ntigha stretch..

3 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by 01emek(m): 8:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
Chei Aba..... I wept any time i visit that city... The people of Aba have suffered a great deal in their lifes.... The Gorvernment are trampling on their right to life... Its indeed sad and dishearthened and should be discribe as unfortunate.
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by uzoexcel(m): 8:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
that man should be lynched...je jes uses money to spread propaganda on radio acclaiming and praising his good works which cant even be seen with a microscope
IGBOSON1: My blood boils when i see all these bad areas of Aba.....bad roads; dirt; lack of aesthetics; and no one giving a fuc/k about beautifying and greening up the environment!

This is what you get when you elect a proper local man with zero vision, added to a passive cowed electorate! He has spent 7 years as governor yet he couldn't give Ariaria market a friendly and welcoming environment with world-class facilities that would make it a magnate for shoppers (retail and wholesale) from across Africa!

The annoying thing is that when he decides to do something at all, he uses cheaparsse labour armed with wheel-barrows and shovels, ends up delivering a really substandard fuc/ked-up job, and then pats himself on the back -if no one else will- and declares to the world that he's just given lucky Abians a legacy project, and that they should thank God they have him as governor! Fast-forward two rainy seasons later and -like Ukwu-Mango that he made a song and dance about fixing- everything is inevitably/predictably washed away, and poor hapless Abians not only revert back to having no road, but also are left out-of-pocket to boot!

The man just has no class, no taste and no vision!

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Collynzo16: 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
anag0900: is this not the paradise on earth some phools have been telling us about on nairaland for eons.
Uthman Tunde Salam, no one has ever called Aba paradise here on Nairaland.
Unlike you Yorubas who bury your oblong shaped heads in the sand, we say things as we see them.

3 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
chinology: But mud mud and rustic roofs goes together as it can only be found in a particular region! Do you need picture evidence?

oya nah. Drop it
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Icecomrade: 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
babyosisi:

Abians are certainly tops in literacy in Nigeria
Has nothing to do with literacy but with a failed system

Same all over Nigeria

That picture of a flooded road and people living in squalor can be reproduced in every state and city in Nigeria
Am surprised to get this information from you. Abia! Tops in Literacy? Please where did u get data from?
Are u sure you ve been to Aba before?

6 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
abagoro:

Aba is not rusty but Igbos need to stop being naïve and demand Jonathan's action on federal roads. If the federal government maintained the Enugu/PH expressway, Aba/Ikot-Ekpene highway and Aba/PH road, the State Government would have been blamed completely. But the case today is that as a result of neglect of the highways transversing Aba by FG, heavy duty vehicles were forced to use residential quality roads as alternative routes thereby inflicting heavy damage on the roads constructed for light vehicles.
As for the federal road, you are right, though some of this roads are under reconstruction but at a snail speed. I can only vote for APC if they field Rochas for presidential election, aside that I will vote for PDP

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by chinasaekperem: 8:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
I beginning to wonder if TA orji has human conscience and sympathy
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Tinyemeka(m): 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
okotv: sometimes i wonder if our leaders have human feelings, reaping where they have not sown....2015 will surely bring about CHANGE...
T.A. Orji is already campaigning for a Senate seat. And we already have people mounting his posters on their doorsteps.
The degree of reasoning of some people makes me marvel at times. undecided
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Sammyblaq(m): 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
yah op. Thanks for the post though it came from a national daily.
Is all fact cos i stay here in the town. The present govt has failed us. Every road mustn't be dat too good but major roads should be but the case is different in Aba.
Let me not quote the op by writing my own lines. But lets pray for change come 2015.
#aba ga adi nma

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Tinyemeka(m): 8:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
d33jy85: Hmmmn if they allowed Onyema Ugochukwu. To be given his mandate inStead of rigging him out Aba wud be lyk dubai. undecided
What was his pedigree?
Just asking.
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by rafindo(m): 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
Rizstar: God almighty will surely punish T A ORJI,
ORJI UZO KALU and thier entire household
forever for subjecting us in this kind of
suffering in ABA. You people will live to
regret your wickedness to humanity. Sorrow
and beakiring will never depart from you
people. You people will live to eat your
poos. Your children children will never
succeed in this life and the life to come.
They will all turn to drug addicts and
squader all our money you people have
stolen your eyes. ISEEEEE
.may GOD also punishe u.u get the type of leader u deserve base on clownish.
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
chinasaekperem: I beginning to wonder if TA orji has human conscience and sympathy
Thief Orji is a devil workshop, why he never heeded to our cry is because, he was pelted with pure water,booed and we umu aba told Rochas to annex Imo and Abia together to govern during the burial of Ikemba Ojukwu at the Enyimba stadium and he has never forgot that.
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by basty: 8:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
APC caused this, GEJ till 2023

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
Sammyblaq:
yah op. Thanks for the post though it came from a national daily.
Is all fact cos i stay here in the town. The present govt has failed us. Every road mustn't be dat too good but major roads should be but the case is different in Aba.
Let me not quote the op by writing my own lines. But lets pray for change come 2015.
#aba ga adi nma
You have said it all. I done tire to talk about this issue...
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by M4gunners: 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
felalegend: Jonathan is a very wicked man and Orji is evil. All the federal and State roads in Aba are in total ruins. In fact all the federal roads in Southeast is useless.
Is this Road am seeing now a federal road?
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by chinasaekperem: 8:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
DikeOha882: Thief Orji is a devil workshop, why he never heeded to our cry is because, he was pelted with pure water,booed and we umu aba told Rochas to annex Imo and Abia together to govern during the burial of Ikemba Ojukwu at the Enyimba stadium and he has never forgot that.
All you can do is hope for the better in 2015, Aba people should vote wisely.

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by donigspain(m): 8:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
Gboliwe: The Ohuhu people of Abia state who are in government have proven since the creation of Abia state that they are selfish and wicked. They don't have the good of the people at heart that's why Aba the nerve centre of the state is in such a sorry state. If this man you mention is an ohuhu man, its a big NO! He will just continue where the useless Orji left off.
I am sadly from the Ohuhu part but for fairness sake, the Ngwa man is due to ascend the highest position. Until he does, I don't see Aba getting any better infrastructure wise.
I beg to disagree with you on the quoted... Ngwa traditional rulers are the MOST selfish and greedy set of people I've ever known. They care less if the city is decaying as long as the Governor keeps bribing and also play a blind eye to their unending levies extortions.

They have all sold their city for SUVs and market fees. They are the ones who are supposed to pressure the governor to look into their plight. Take a look at all the environmental condition of the door-steps of first class traditional rulers in Aba; Eze Ikonne (Faulks Road), Eze Emejiaka (Ngwa Road), Eze Nwasimuo (Ohanku) etc. These places have all turned to slums worse than Mexico's notorious Neza-Chalco-Itza.

Selfish and greedy set of people!

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by viczing(m): 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
T.A orji worst PDP governor , the worst he still wanna go for senate. I travelled from owerri to aba my mum had to massage my back with hot water cos the pot holes wanna give me hunch bag damn, if apc will change aba please let them come abeg for as much I hate them ABA needs a huge change

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
chinasaekperem: All you can do is hope for the better in 2015, Aba people should vote wisely.
The next man that comes in, will come from Ukwa Ngwa and definitely will reposition Abia as a whole with Aba the top priority.

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by omenka(m): 8:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
And after all these, "jesus" gave him a staff to go continue his "good" works at the Senate!! What effing blasphemous person!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by trappatoni(m): 8:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
i cant believe it,thats the great aba city! I've never been to that city but i've heard of it since childhood.Come on its like people from that part of the country don't value their great cities-still remembering that shock feeling in 2003 when i visited onitsha.
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by raziboi(m): 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
op tank u..we don suffer

even police and nepa no d Kum ma hood...cus no road......

free trouble and free light grin
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ochendu is working grin grin grin
It is only in Abia State that roads are constructed on bill boards

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Oshiomhole: I Am Smarter Than Bukola Saraki Politically / Obiano And Wife At Catholic Church In Lagos - Photos / Is Nigeria In The Brink Of Another Civil War? - Al Jazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.