Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Aba: A City In Ruins - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba: A City In Ruins (45028 Views)

Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins / Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents / Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by iiiyyyk(m): 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
Are u not aware,

theodore orji and Jonathan are very close friends.
Both famillies have been friends since 1666bc.

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Brahms(m): 7:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
Can you guys stop calling this Eye-sore a City?? shocked SMH!!

When we stop being bias, when we stop celebrating mediocres, then we could have Well Planned City.

I wish I could slap that Thief to make him comeback to his senses.

4 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by iceberylin(m): 7:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
Last Bullet: Aba is better than all the Northern States!!!!
@least they sleep without Fear of Explosion
[quote
author=Jakpon] There is an insurgency in Gwoza, Sambisa and Borno state
generally. There is an on-going ethnic feud between the Fulani and the
Eggan tribe in Nasarawa state.

Did i hear you also mention Abuja? According to you, Aba is better than
Abuja. Why do you ibos like deceiveing yourself alot?[/quote]
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Frankbaro(m): 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ruined by uncaring residents and successive governments / Governors .
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Rizstar: 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
ORJI UZO KALU and thier entire household
forever for subjecting us in this kind of
suffering in ABA. You people will live to
regret your wickedness to humanity. Sorrow
and beakiring will never depart from you
people. You people will live to eat your
poos. Your children children will never
succeed in this life and the life to come.
They will all turn to drug addicts and
squader all our money you people have
stolen your eyes. ISEEEEE

11 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by arabbunkum: 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
It's all because Abia is 'blessed' with a clueless governor.

7 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by AriDsexy(f): 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
TribalEAST: Oh my God! I thought aba was a nice place o!
Nice what?Can't you hear the name *Aba....hehehe,just joking o.

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by lacasa: 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
The money to be used to develop this place is being siphoned to TAN for millions of Naira grin

FresH Air! Still GEJ till 2015 cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Rizstar: 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
God almighty will surely punish T A ORJI,

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Feraz(m): 7:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
IGBOSON1: My blood boils when i see all these bad areas of Aba.....bad roads; dirt; lack of aesthetics; and no one giving a fuc/k about beautifying and greening up the environment!

This is what you get when you elect a proper local man with zero vision, added to a passive cowed electorate! He has spent 7 years as governor yet he couldn't give Ariaria market a friendly and welcoming environment with world-class facilities that would make it a magnate for shoppers (retail and wholesale) from across Africa!

The annoying thing is that when he decides to do something at all, he uses cheaparsse labour armed with wheel-barrows and shovels, ends up delivering a really substandard fuc/ked-up job, and then pats himself on the back -if no one else will- and declares to the world that he's just given lucky Abians a legacy project, and that they should thank God they have him as governor! Fast-forward two rainy seasons later and -like Ukwu-Mango that he made a song and dance about fixing- everything is inevitably/predictably washed away, and poor hapless Abians not only revert back to having no road, but also are left out-of-pocket to boot!

The man just has no class, no taste and no vision!
Just watch as one idiot will bring pictures of the 'legacies' of T.A. Orji!

Like I said earlier, the governor is supposed to be treated as lower than an animal. If I recall correctly, someone said there are posters and billboards of him and thus is written there - 'Ochendo, Abuja is waiting for you 2015'!! grin

A place that could generate serious revenues, he left to rot. angry And to think he was made chairman of the SE governors' forum; Chei!!!!

Anybody that drags any other state into this needs to have the head examined!!! angry angry angry

8 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by undisputednesta(m): 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
Works of ochendo global in action. Wen I first came to aba, Dem tell me say if I neva shook my leg insyd water no b Aba u dey. Tot dey were joking but alas my brodas, I don even dey swim insyd d water especially Ariaria market. Whom am I to complain? Just doing d needful #serving my papa land.

8 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Icecomrade: 7:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
The major reason for this decay is high level of illiteracy among the citizens.

The level of awareness is low which makes it very difficult to mobilize pressure groups against the govt. A typical Aba citizen is only concerned about waking up, "Go sell market" and chill over alcohol and Isi Ewu.

I luv the fact that the Govt is taking an advantage of their ignorance. Things will get worse until they redefine their priorities. Mtcheswwww.

Up PDP Jare!!!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by lagdmark(m): 7:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
Rizstar: God almighty will surely punish T A ORJI,

Keep swearing and ranting will that change the poverty level in your family eh!
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by juanmiguel: 7:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
felalegend: Jonathan is a very wicked man and Orji is evil. All the federal and State roads in Aba are in total ruins. In fact all the federal roads in Southeast is useless.
must Jonathan ply thru' them to know that they are bad? What are the house of rep pple also doing?
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by InvertedHammer: 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
/

Yeah!!!!!!!!!

This is Nigeria -- the El dorado you want diasporan Nigerians to move back to.

Misery sure needs company!

\

4 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
Gboliwe: The Ohuhu people of Abia state who are in government have proven since the creation of Abia state that they are selfish and wicked. They don't have the good of the people at heart that's why Aba the nerve centre of the state is in such a sorry state. If this man you mention is an ohuhu man, its a big NO! He will just continue where the useless Orji left off.
I am sadly from the Ohuhu part but for fairness sake, the Ngwa man is due to ascend the highest position. Until he does, I don't see Aba getting any better infrastructure wise.
orji isn't ohuhu... The dumb fool is ibeku, and that dosen't in anyway mean that ibeku is a land of fools. Everybody should be held accountable for his own doings. The most annoying part of the story is that the populace(abians), are not doing anything serious, that would atleast help destroy him and his family.

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by gozie186(m): 7:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
Plz lord give my state a gud governor dat cn transform my state by 2015,infact Abia State hv nv enjoy d dividend of democracy since 1999

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by tsolz150: 7:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nematode Collins,get off my mentions. The deplorable roads in aba poses a serious threat to the residents,Aba is a rejected town. And this anumanu is spewing trash, The moment you step into Aba, you will notice that the city is sick,really sick.The vibrancy and zest have been replaced by gloom and frustration because the city has fallen apart. When it rains, Aba becomes a floating city because their drainages are blocked where they exist. looking for a good road in Aba is akin to searching for a virgin in a maternity ward.Ngwa Road,Ohanku Road,Omuma Road,Ariaria Market etc. Aba is a failed city!Admit it and stop flexxing your muscles on NL!
Collynzo16: The horrible roads are Federal roads.
Fool.

10 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by shinysmrt: 7:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
Dis one sef na city? Abeg wat attributes does it hav 2 qualify dat it has attained d status of a city?

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Feraz(m): 7:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
LaurelP: Without sounding biased, I think their governor is the worst in Nigeria
You aren't sounding biased. Even when some polls were conducted here on NL, Abians voted him as the worst performing governor and provided picture evidences. They even wanted to fight those calling Gabriel Suswam as the worst. Abians have never hidden their disdain for the present government in the state hence why they're rooting for either Alex Otti or Ihejirika!

3 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by samukiwo(m): 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
Blame the 2 Orjis for the mess Abia is in now. We used to be a model to others. cry
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by profjendor(m): 7:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
These pictures makes my beer taste bad. Gosh

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by olumuyiolaoluwa: 7:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Is Aba no longer the Japan of Africa?
No dey said its Nnewi Again. grin

3 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nigeria is a filthy place
Period!
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Anybody who has lived in aba for d past 10 years and still lives dia would agree with the OP without reading the thread till the end.
ABA HAS DEGENERATED FROM GRACE TO MANURE (COMPOST) NOT EVEN GRASS !!! angry

4 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by makazona(m): 7:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
Aba! Aba!! Aba!!!
How many times did i call ur name??
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Icecomrade: The major reason for this decay is high level of illiteracy among the citizens.

The level of awareness is low which makes it very difficult to mobilize pressure groups against the govt. A typical Aba citizen is only concerned about waking up, "Go sell market" and chill over alcohol and Isi Ewu.

I luv the fact that the Govt is taking an advantage of their ignorance. Things will get worse until they redefine their priorities. Mtcheswwww.

Up PDP Jare!!!!!!!!

Abians are certainly tops in literacy in Nigeria
Has nothing to do with literacy but with a failed system

Same all over Nigeria

That picture of a flooded road and people living in squalor can be reproduced in every state and city in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by chidiebere2020(m): 7:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
All the governors that have govern that state are theives orji's God gonna punish uner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Wears Police Uniform (Photos) / Atiku Abubakar Visits His Farm In Adamawa (pics) / Adams Oshiomhole Resumes Office As APC Chairman. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.