Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Aba: A City In Ruins - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba: A City In Ruins (45027 Views)

Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins / Aba: A City Destroyed By Attitude Of Residents / Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Systeme101: 7:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
bt wait oo! I hav neva heard news abt d president of naija visiting Aba b4, could dis b d cause? Secondly i would advice dem to borow our dear Governor Godswill Akpabio so he can contest in 2015 for dem!

3 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Edusouls(m): 7:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
Chai aba is a city deep descent into hell..they luv it that way...

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by coruso(m): 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
ketoprofen:

the whole place doesn't look like this.
Where were u peepz when they were showing the good parts the other day?
there is no part of ABA that is worth commending.

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Suspect33(m): 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
Anambra is d best south-eastern state..... Abia tongue Enugu tongue Imo tongue Ebonyi grin

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Dmentor(f): 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
Aba is in ruins, no doubt about that. We have a governor with no conscience. Did I read someone say we voted him in? No, he was imposed on the state.

4 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by uzomore(m): 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
And who said God no go punish TA orji for dat mess?
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by shizzle11hiv: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
babyosisi: Nigeria is a filthy place
Period!

Mama, please can u share pics of Amala-Ntu the secondary school in Imo state?

tanks

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by OdinmaMaster: 7:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
Orji is not all bad, he has some good points too.. cool

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Feraz(m): 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
As usual, thread is tilting towards another direction!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by 100Cents: 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
Make I comment before I read.

At osisioma on Friday, I spent 2 hours 30 minutes on traffic gridlock b4 I could gain entrance into the city..

From Osisioma to Alaoji needs flyovers but the Abia state government acts like building government offices in Umuahia is more important.

Aba is the commercial nerve centre of Abia state, only equal to Onitsha in the whole of the southeast yet Abia state government is not intelligent enough to know that Abia economy is being sustained by Aba..

I pity anyone who uses that road often. PH to Enugu travellers, sorry..

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by mbulela: 7:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
Mynd44: I was in Aba last year.....in a way, I agree with the OP.

Except things have changed

It has only gotten worse.
Ochendo is the only leader I know who is more clueless and inept than GEJ.

6 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by mbulela: 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
OdinmaMaster: Orji is not all bad, he has some good points too.. cool
Name three of such points.
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by anag0900: 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
is this not the paradise on earth some phools have been telling us about on nairaland for eons.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by experimentist: 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
Gboliwe: The Ohuhu people of Abia state who are in government have proven since the creation of Abia state that they are selfish and wicked. They don't have the good of the people at heart that's why Aba the nerve centre of the state is in such a sorry state. If this man you mention is an ohuhu man, its a big NO! He will just continue where the useless Orji left off.
I am sadly from the Ohuhu part but for fairness sake, the Ngwa man is due to ascend the highest position. Until he does, I don't see Aba getting any better infrastructure wise.
eeeeeeeeeyaaaah, Igbo son.. cry
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by chinasaekperem: 8:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
Instead of making this problem a general igbo setback, some stvpid anambrarians are here claiming their state is the best in southeast, this is what a yoruba man can't do, we igbos can be sometime disunited. I spit on some of you, this is how we are gonna run biafra

7 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by abagoro(m): 8:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
100Cents: Make I comment before I read.

At osisioma on Friday, I spent 2 hours 30 minutes on traffic gridlock b4 I could gain entrance into the city..

From Osisioma to Alaoji needs flyovers but the Abia state government acts like building government offices in Umuahia is more important.

Aba is the commercial nerve centre of Abia state, only equal to Onitsha in the whole of the southeast yet Abia state government is not intelligent enough to know that Abia economy is being sustained by Aba..

I pity anyone who uses that road often. PH to Enugu travellers, sorry..

As usual with the Igbo cowards you've either ignorantly or deliberately tried to exonerate this wicked man known as Jonathan from his disregard for Igbos and South-south people. All the roads transversing through the former Eastern regions are in ruins. I'm fed up with Jonathan's government and its ineptitude and utter disregard for Igbos. Somebody quoted Akwa-Ibom like the roads there are in good state. Try to travel to Calabar from Itu or from Ikot-Ekpene to Aba or Ikot-Ekpene to Umuahia. All the roads connecting Akwa-Ibom to other States are in ruins. Travelling on East-West road from Port harcourt to Onne takes 5hours. It is one of the worst roads in the world. Travelling from Port harcourt to Owerri is suicidal. Try to journey from Port harcourt to Enugu and you'll regret your life. Let's save our future. Igbos say no to Jonathan's disastrous leadership.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
One thing my beloved Aba needs desperately is road reconstruction but Thief Ahamefula Orji has failed us we the people of Aba, so called governor is callous and a devil incarnate, One thing that gladens my heart about Enyimba is Its viability, Another thing I like about Aba is that it does not have rusty roofs despite its challenges. You must bend before you go see Aba, just ask Ruffcoin Nwa Aba.
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by lukaino(m): 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
Now, what achievements is Ochendo always blabbing about when he cannot fix an important city like Aba?. What better legacy to leave than fix Aba since he always never stops talking about legacy projects....

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
God of mercy! This is hell on earth. In my life I hv neva come across this ugly view. I agree with some1 who said viewers disgression advised* I dnt think anywhere in southwest hv this kinda road channel.

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by 100Cents: 8:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
Mynd44: I was in Aba last year.....in a way, I agree with the OP.

Except things have changed

I was there on Friday, things have worsened.

Spent more than 2 hours on a one kilometer stretch at Osisioma.
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by bobothem(m): 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
TA Orji is a disgrace to humanity.Presently,Aba will be cut off from the country.Entering Aba through Osisioma is one of the most difficult task in the world.Not a single street/road is good here in Aba.Everywhere is flooded.

3 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by gatiano(m): 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
we are a blind people that can't see but have eyes, can't think but have brains, i see a lot of business activities going on both sides of the road, yet no unity in initiative that they all must come together to embarass the govt by fixing and cleaning the streets themselves. i think i should begin to pray for a good military government, not that they should repair the inner streets of the country, but to whoop our asses into selflessness and cleanliness. no cameras or media during the ass whooping.
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by chinology: 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
That guy is a pure yolobar guy trying to create confusion, do not be deceived!

chinasaekperem: Instead of making this problem a general igbo setback, some stvpid anambrarians are here claiming their state is the best in southeast, this is what a yoruba man can't do, we igbos can be sometime disunited. I spit on some of you, this is how we are gonna run biafra

3 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
DikeOha882: One thing my beloved Aba needs desperately is road reconstruction but Thief Ahamefula Orji has failed us we the people of Aba, so called governor is callous and a devil incarnate, One thing that gladens my heart about Enyimba is Its viability, Another thing I like about Aba is that it does not have rusty roofs despite its challenges. You must bend before you go see Aba, just ask Ruffcoin Nwa Aba.

bros a city with rusty roof compare to city with modern roof but untidy environment and bad roads, pls where will investors go?

4 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by kingmoses1: 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
we just don't have leaders cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by frederickokey(m): 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
That means you can even sentence a criminal to "LIFE IN ABA" and they'll feel worst than when sentenced to Life imprisonment.

2 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by chinology: 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
A city with rustic and mud houses is the worst and it can scare investors faster than even mad dogs..

wristwatch:

bros a city with rusty roof company to city with modern roof but untidy environment and bad roads, pls where will investors go?
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by 100Cents: 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
IGBOSON1: My blood boils when i see all these bad areas of Aba.....bad roads; dirt; lack of aesthetics; and no one giving a fuc/k about beautifying and greening up the environment!

This is what you get when you elect a proper local man with zero vision, added to a passive cowed electorate! He has spent 7 years as governor yet he couldn't give Ariaria market a friendly and welcoming environment with world-class facilities that would make it a magnate for shoppers (retail and wholesale) from across Africa!

The annoying thing is that when he decides to do something at all, he uses cheaparsse labour armed with wheel-barrows and shovels, ends up delivering a really substandard fuc/ked-up job, and then pats himself on the back -if no one else will- and declares to the world that he's just given lucky Abians a legacy project, and that they should thank God they have him as governor! Fast-forward two rainy seasons later and -like Ukwu-Mango that he made a song and dance about fixing- everything is inevitably/predictably washed away, and poor hapless Abians not only revert back to having no road, but also are left out-of-pocket to boot!

The man just has no class, no taste and no vision!

Good summary, just tasteless and vision less.

Using mediocre contractors..

1 Like

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by gunnersjohn(m): 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
Abians are the 'fear fear' people. Spent sometime over there and witnessed how people use to grumble with hushed tones for fear of backlash from Ochendo and his boys. Not only in Aba,even as worst as explained by the OP the people in the villages will envy the 'luxury' of that slum. A person like Ochendo will struggle to finish one term successfully if he is in southwest. Abians don't know that the power of the people is greater than the people in power. "That's non of my business" is not far from their lips when faced with decay of their environment. They have grown so numbed with apathy. May God liberate them.

3 Likes

Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by abagoro(m): 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
DikeOha882: One thing my beloved Aba needs desperately is road reconstruction but Thief Ahamefula Orji has failed us we the people of Aba, so called governor is callous and a devil incarnate, One thing that gladens my heart about Enyimba is Its viability, Another thing I like about Aba is that it does not have rusty roofs despite its challenges. You must bend before you go see Aba, just ask Ruffcoin Nwa Aba.

Aba is not rusty but Igbos need to stop being naïve and demand Jonathan's action on federal roads. If the federal government maintained the Enugu/PH expressway, Aba/Ikot-Ekpene highway and Aba/PH road, the State Government would have been blamed completely. But the case today is that as a result of neglect of the highways transversing Aba by FG, heavy duty vehicles were forced to use residential quality roads as alternative routes thereby inflicting heavy damage on the roads constructed for light vehicles.
Re: Aba: A City In Ruins by Sammyblaq(m): 8:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
*went blank for sometime*
yah op. Thanks for the post though it came from a national daily.
Is all fact cos i stay here in the town. The present govt has failed us. Every road mustn't be dat too good but major roads should be but the case is different in Aba.
Let me not quote the op by writing my own lines. But lets pray for change come 2015.
#aba ga adi nma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Wears Police Uniform (Photos) / Atiku Abubakar Visits His Farm In Adamawa (pics) / Obiano Donates Made-In-Anambra Patrol Vans To Police- PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.