Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,699 members, 7,816,857 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? (21594 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by nellyzkid(m): 10:50am On Sep 01, 2014
For my dad: be aware that your younger ones are looking up to you. Any step you make they follow. FOR MY MOM: be careful on the type of friends you make because bad friends corrupt the good ones and that my future is bright .I should never pay attention to girls. FOR MY RELATIVES: my future is bright but I should not tarnish my destiny because of what are under girls leg. FOR MY FAMILY PASTOR: my future is bright but not to pay attention to girl because the my rude my destiny in life
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Ricardo2400(m): 10:51am On Sep 01, 2014
So many wisewords on dis thread menh...
...So much 2 learn...
...S/O 2 d OP n all ma peeps here, God bless our parents 4 us!!

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Owoplenty(m): 10:53am On Sep 01, 2014
Ran ti omo eni ti iwo nse)remember the son of whom you are.(her blessed memory)
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by femib26(m): 10:53am On Sep 01, 2014
(As she pulls one of my ears)"Remember the Son of whom you are" of course in my local dialect.
That was very helpful. Each time issues cropped up in the school then, I pull my my ears and echo her phase into myself.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Ricardo2400(m): 10:54am On Sep 01, 2014
nellyzkid: For my dad: be aware that your younger ones are looking up to you. Any step you make they follow. FOR MY MOM: be careful on the type of friends you make because bad friends corrupt the good ones and that my future is bright .I should never pay attention to girls. FOR MY RELATIVES: my future is bright but I should not tarnish my destiny because of what are under girls leg. FOR MY FAMILY PASTOR: my future is bright but not to pay attention to girl because the my rude my destiny in life
LmaoO..I feel 4 U man
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 01, 2014
I guess dat should be MONEY
imoleay0: Don't chase girls but chase what girls want.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 01, 2014
Boss, lng tym
yokiti: Always remember the Son of whom you are. i trust that you wont disappoint.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nmeri17: 10:58am On Sep 01, 2014
alexasomba:

I've got a friend, we were in Secondary School when he lost his mom, being the only son she really did a lot to make him happy. He told me then that one phrase his mom used after shouting his name to call his attention especially when he is "busy" with his video games was "shey I'm calling you now and you're there playing your video game, okay o. Carry on." and those were the first set of words that got to him, when she passed on. He regretted not giving her enough of his time and attention, back then he told me "Alex, if my mom was alive now and called my name once I will answer and run to her a thousand times."

He asked me to pay attention to mine. I'm asking you to pay attention to yours.

k.

ummmm... preacher alert :-/
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Ezeibe(m): 10:59am On Sep 01, 2014
Be prayerful.... Never be in a rush, & always ask God for wisdom.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Phems(m): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2014
My Dad once told me: "If you want anything done , do it yourself", when I was relying on one of my uncles for my computer training tuition.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by nanhilicious(f): 11:06am On Sep 01, 2014
1. Pikin wey dey 4 e mama back no know how journey far.
2. As u make ur bed, so u will lie on it.
3. He who goes a-borrowing,goes a-sorrowing.
4. Na so I dey do, na so I dey do, I too sabi talk, pikin tell e mama say her teeth rotten 4 public.cheesy
5. What will be, will be.
6. These men out there don't Hλ√ǝ anything to offer you.. Be content with what u Hλ√ǝ.
And so on...
These were words from my mom and they went a long way to mould me into who I am today... May God Bless Her Soul... smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by trublvr(f): 11:14am On Sep 01, 2014
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by trublvr(f): 11:17am On Sep 01, 2014
DAD:
1. Don't ever count yourself out of the game, even if your boots are off.
2. Don't tell yourself you can't do a thing before you even try.
3. Forgive. Move on. Most people simply do not know any better.
4. Mathematics is simply 4 symbols, +,-,x and /. Now write them down. Now step on that piece of paper you wrote them on! If you can write them, they have no power over you!
5. You have no business competing with anyone but yourself. Be a better you than you were yesterday, or else you're a failure.
6. The day a man slaps you, come back home. You are worth more to me than any bloody bride price.

MUM:
1. Love a man with sense. Unless its your children, don't pour all your love on him.
2. Always keep a bank account just for yourself.
3. You don't need designer clothes. Just some Omo and an iron.
4. Shop at Tejuosho, but wear your clothes with a V.I. attitude...head high, shoulders back!
5. Keep testing me eh! One day, you will be a mother and I'll laugh at you when you complain about how badly your own daughter is behaving!

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by ritux: 11:17am On Sep 01, 2014
My Mom will always say...''telling someone I am sorry'' will never take anything away from you and will go a long way in solving a big problem that may arise.

2. Never get up from bed without praying.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 01, 2014
my late parents, God bless their souls... my dad's words: always be focused and realistic about life, and yea always save extra cash for the rainy days...dont be a lavish spender...and pls for christ sakes, always rainy day... grin

my mum: dont ever rely on any man's words....be self reliant and hardworking smiley

God bless both, amen. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 01, 2014
From Dad:

Make sure of whom who will married, and if possible never divorce her. But definitely don't ever marry two wives or more otherwise you are only looking for trouble.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Ayomivic(m): 11:29am On Sep 01, 2014
My father used to tell me whenever i went to see him in our hometown that i should not trust anybody expecially friends. He said i should put my trust in God. There was a day he stood up and went to bring small Yoruba Bible, he said ' this is the words of God, in it you can found wisdom and understanding. Make sure you read it every day and when you get to your shop always read the book of psalm.

That Bible is still with me now though my dad has died.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Blockus: 11:31am On Sep 01, 2014
My Mom's words of Advice that stood firm in my ear went like this.: I am your Mother and I will killl you before you ever bring shame to me.. grin

So... Everytime I want to act stupid, I always heard that voice inside my head.. grin

My Father would always say.: Deal honestly and fairly with all men.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Tundecool(m): 11:38am On Sep 01, 2014
Tunde, Ti Won ba bi e da, lor fu n omo kan loyun... ile iwe e tan niyen....

Meanin : Tunde, if dem born u well, go give woman belle now... no school for u again.. coz 1 naira I no go give u.

#Gbam.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 01, 2014
olatunji21: Ma kegbe kegbe oooo...Ranti omo enitionshe ooo
exactly.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Perfecter4real(m): 11:38am On Sep 01, 2014
alexasomba:

I've got a friend, we were in Secondary School when he lost his mom, being the only son she really did a lot to make him happy. He told me then that one phrase his mom used after shouting his name to call his attention especially when he is "busy" with his video games was "shey I'm calling you now and you're there playing your video game, okay o. Carry on." and those were the first set of words that got to him, when she passed on. He regretted not giving her enough of his time and attention, back then he told me "Alex, if my mom was alive now and called my name once I will answer and run to her a thousand times."

He asked me to pay attention to mine. I'm asking you to pay attention to yours.
this made me so emotional.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Youngk(m): 11:39am On Sep 01, 2014
show appreciation to whatever that is given to me no matter how small it is
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by cannonnier(m): 11:39am On Sep 01, 2014
my dad is my greatest motivator; he make of angry.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Perfecter4real(m): 11:42am On Sep 01, 2014
My mom always tell me to always have the fear of God in me anywhere i find myself and knw that God is watching my every move...My Dad? None that i can remember.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by shenisaac(m): 11:43am On Sep 01, 2014
Take things easy. Its only when there is life that there is hope. Dafa Dutse ka sha romon. Wahala ba ya kashe mutum. Komai mei wuchewa ne smiley
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by bigmoztj(m): 11:45am On Sep 01, 2014
My Mum is my wisdom...she will call my name.........my son always pray
My Dad a year before he pass on told me "stop coming to village when you come around only go and see your mum" even when the two of them were separated from marriage I never understood why he was saying this until years after......so miss him
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by calddon(m): 11:45am On Sep 01, 2014
my dad always tells me "fear women"
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by crisycent: 11:49am On Sep 01, 2014
Evathyst: Lyk seriously? Hide him on top wetin? undecided

Your too young to understand.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by alexasomba(m): 11:55am On Sep 01, 2014
amnestylaw1:

Thank you for this story. May we not lose that which we value and may we value that which we have.

You are welcome! Amen!
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Ekiseme(m): 11:55am On Sep 01, 2014
My father always talks about being contended with what you have and don't look at other people's things

My mum is always about being PRAYFUL,straight forward and truthful. Because EZI AFA KA EGO
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by alexasomba(m): 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
Nmeri17:

k.

ummmm... preacher alert :-/

Stop being rude to strangers.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by ifysimple(f): 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
i dont forget what my late father told me when i was small. ''Dont ever take what you did not keep''.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? / 'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.