Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

All In A Circle.....(A crime story) - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) (630361 Views)

The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] / All In A Circle...(a Crime Story)-- The Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2014
Thank you very much Mr ThaRuthlxx7. If I end up winning the best writer of the month. I will dedicate this to my late father who died exactly today in 2005 and my wonderful fans/readers/followers.
Voting ends 8pm today. If you know I deserve it, then go in there and vote.
This is the voting thread; https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/18..
God bless us as we vote.

1 Like

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Eniqurl(f): 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
May hz soul continue tu Rest In Perfect Peace.
Weldne boss, follwinq til d end. Hapi Sunday.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Darus05(m): 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2014
May his soul rest in peace. Sorry bros.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Ormorlehwah(f): 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
Darus05: May his soul rest in peace. Sorry bros.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Mimisboygreat: 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
tecno4life:
will take care of u later
heheheh
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by boladex1: 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
i just started reading this story this morning and i really love it. what a wonderful story
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by iyamchee(m): 6:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
... undecidedoqaaa, continue na...
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Benjaminbest(m): 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
may his soul and d souls of all d faithful departed, thru d mercy of God rest in peace
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Gideon9947: 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
Oga D9ty7,this story rocks,pls keep trying cos i can see a greater future ahead
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
@D9ty7, you asked for criticisms, right? Okay,

1. Please make use of Paragraph. I personally don't enjoy the reading with no spacing and paragraphs.

2. Your characters are getting much.
Who is Sandra, Janet, Abdul-Maleek, Barrister Ken, Mummy Harmony Scorpion, Sade, Hakym to mention a few?

I don't think you need to tell us everything. There are some unnecessary(I'm sorry to use that word) things you don't need to tell us.

For example, I didn't read the Mummy Harmony part.(do we really need to know her?)

Infact, I skip most parts of the story.

The little knowledge I have, I think it is not all the characters you let us know...as in it's not necessary to tell us everything about them.

You don't even need to tell us names of some characters, just to save confusion.
(My memory cannot keep all the names. I most times wonder and imagine who is who? I'm sure it's not me alone)

Funny enough, you don't tell even us the important things we should know.
**There was no decription of where Okoro found himself and how he got there.
**We don't know how Ngozi left the car, got unconscious and who took her to the hospital.
**We don't know how Clement and others got the news of Okoro's abduction.
**We don't know how Janet got employed as a maid.

Besides, who is Sandra to Barrister Ken? If she is his wife, does he still have to stare lustfully at her?

Also, I think your description of those killers or assasins look inferior to the kind of job they do.

What I mean is, you didn't describe them as some professional assasins who call kill a whole deputy governor(though you've not told us if they killed him or not, but for them to have such person on their list)

I might be wrong though.

But, please, try your best in making use of the paragraph. It will not only make the write-up look neat, but easy to read for average readers like me.

I'm really sorry if I sound rude or harsh, boss.

You're really trying. And thank you for sharing your stories with ussmiley

...just my two-cents.

6 Likes

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
@PrinceAdepoju:

I really appreciate your well constructed criticism.
1. The paragraph and the spacing stuff was as a result of the phone I
use in updating. If you followed my previous stories you'll know my
updates are not stuffy.
2. Characters: I agree with you that the characters are too much but I
think I said this before the start of chapter 2 that there will be
introduction of some new characters. Janet, Sandra, Benson are not just
introduced, they all played a part in the story. That was why I
introduced some characters in the prologue with what they do and I try
to remind us every character once they are mentioned by adding a
bracket. e.g Deoye(late Hadiza's boyfriend).
3. On how Okoro got kidnapped and Ngozi getting to the hospital. I think
I replied a similar question, Okoro was kidnapped by the terrorist who
disguised as a bikeman, and how Ngozi left the spot. I think in one of
my updates, Inspector Burahimo ordered a certain Sergeant Habeeb to lead
two teams and provide immediate cover for Okoro and Ngozi. A shootout
ensued because the backup team followed the path which the terrorist van
had took.
And when I gave my phone to a guy who helped me type when I was out, he
jumped two episodes, the shootout and Okoro's struggle till he was
locked up.
Once again thanks for calling my attention to important things. I'll definitely improve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 11:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
Updates resumes tomorrow by the special grace of God.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2014
--continuation--
Darasimi walked towards the door and pushed it open. She was scared at seeing these guys in front of her door but on a second thought she smiled at them to ease the tension.
"Baby what's cooking?" Scorpion asked.
"Noodles." She replied.
"We came for our share." Scorpion informed as he pushed the door open and walked in alongside every other guys.
"Its not something much. Just a packet of noodles and nothing else."
She informed them.
"There is love in sharing they say."
Darasimi walked into her kitchen to dish out the noodles into a plate.
Despite the fact that she was hungry, she still had to share it with some boys who'll finish it in seconds.
"Can we talk outside?" Deoye asked when she has dropped the plate of noodles.
"No problem."
Darasimi followed him out of her room. Deoye led her to the backyard where the storex water tank was.
"I think I asked you to see me immediately you return. So why the delay?" Deoye asked.
"Am sorry. I just wanted to eat before coming." She said
apologetically.
"I called you because of Chioma, your friend. I want you to lead her into my waiting hands. She's been avoiding me ever since they(the five of them) killed Hadiza." Deoye explained.
"How sure are you that they killed Hadiza?"
"Don't ask me questions. Make sure you lead her out to me
tomorrow eight o'clock in the night. How you want to achieve that I don't want to know." Deoye said as he handed over a brown envelope to
her. Darasimi collected the evelop and stuffed it into her back pocked.
They both walked back inside to meet the guys already playing with all
manners of things they could lay their hands on.
"Come on guys. We gotta leave this place." Deoye said.
The guys all stopped what they were doing and filed out of the room.
"How come you weren't sweating? He did it well right?" Scorpion
whispered to Darasimi who just smiled.

Five minutes later, the guys drove out in mass leaving the
compound empty and deserted. Darasimi decided to start cooking all over
again but this time she opted to fry egg and eat it with bread. She
checked the envelope before dashing out of the compund to buy bread at
Harmony. She realised she was fifteen thousand naira richer.
Just as she came out of the gate, a young man accosted her.
"Hi." The man greeted.
"Hey." She replied impatiently.
"My name is Jones and I want to know your name." Sergeant Mike said.
"Dara." She replied.
"Who is that guy you were talking to at the back the other time?"
the fake Jones asked.
"Don't tell me you've been stalking me."
"No am not. Its my job."
"His name is Deoye."
"He lives here right?" Mike asked.
"Room 11. The other side, upsatairs." She replied.
"Thank you very much. My name is Mike, sergeant Mike." He
introduced flashing his identification card.

Darasimi was scared but she waved off the fear considering the fact that she was no criminal neither did she commit any crime. "Maybe Deoye is on the wanted list. Afterall he is a cultist." She thought as she walked into Mama Harmony restaurant.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Tell me more about Dayo, since you said you live under the same roof at home." Clement said to Dolapo.
"She keeps a diary where she writes a host of her dealings and worries. I can get it for you but not now." Dolapo said.
"I'll give it to the CSO then you can collect it from him." Chioma volunteered."
"Thank you very much. I have to go now, we are currently interrogating the guy who led Hadiza out of the party. And you guys be careful in your dealings with Darasimi or what's her name."
"Thank you sir."
"I should be thanking you." Clement rose up and went downstairs where he parked his car. He drove off to pick Mike at the juntion and they drove off to the school's security post.
--to be continued--

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 22, 2014
Right on timeeee,thanks man! Do av a lovely week
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Mimisboygreat: 9:23am On Sep 22, 2014
Mimisboy
was
here

1 Like

Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by tecno4life(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2014
Great update D9ty7.
I hope you win.
Eh where is is babe sef *shouts @Eniqurl where are u.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Eniqurl(f): 11:50am On Sep 22, 2014
tecno4life: Great update D9ty7.
I hope you win.
Ayam hear oh.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Eniqurl(f): 11:55am On Sep 22, 2014
tecno4life: Great update D9ty7.
I hope you win.
Ayam hear oh, waitinq for d9ty7 tu qive me more.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by seunviju(f): 3:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
Well done sir,keep up with the story and thanks for the update but abeg no allow Adeoye kill Chioma too o
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Onemansquad(m): 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
9c 1 bro #stil folowing
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Balley(f): 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2014
D9ty7 nawao, na so u start d story without inviting me. Anyhw, I don land, n I'm so so enjoyin dis. Kip it up. One luv
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by tecno4life(m): 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
Eniqurl:
Ayam hear oh, waitinq for d9ty7 tu qive me more.
hw are u now hope u really bought d zobo gringringrin
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Emzypaz(m): 9:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
Weldone boss
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 22, 2014
AudreyTimms: Alright! Am following. Hvnt read a crime thriller in awhile (I miss my James Hardley Chase days). Enough of d luv mushy mushy stuff! D9ty7, dis is d 1st story am going 2 read frm u. Pls make me 4get James Hardley Chase o! Tanx

One of chase's fan over here again!!!??. Seriously, I love anyone that loves chase.

D9ty... Hmmmm, you are doing a very nice job here... *Whispers* I think this is the part where I grab a seat... *seats down calmly*
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 10:41pm On Sep 22, 2014
Special thanks to all of you who voted for me at the just concluded best writer of the month voting exercise. I promise you the best and nothing else.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by dammygoody(m): 11:17pm On Sep 22, 2014
D9ty7: Special thanks to all of you who voted for me at the just concluded best writer of the month voting exercise. I promise you the best and nothing else.
Congrats boss!!

Well done!!
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by D9ty7(m): 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2014
dammygoody:
Congrats boss!!

Well done!!
thank you sir.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by Eniqurl(f): 11:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
D9ty7: Special thanks to all of you who voted for me at the just concluded best writer of the month voting exercise. I promise you the best and nothing else.
Congrats ma onli oqa at d top.....waitinq for mre updates.
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by trendiitee(f): 11:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
congrats dear.. We re really looking forward to more nd regular updates. God bless u
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by talk2riel: 5:44am On Sep 23, 2014
Hope your case will not be like the typical nigerian politician, after they win election na wahala to see their face!

CONGRATULATIONS
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by ThaRuthlxx7: 6:53am On Sep 23, 2014
[b] u very much deserve it...atleast u've got a fan club for something. And i myslf im extremely happy for u.firre down with updates am hungry for it [\b]
Re: All In A Circle.....(A crime story) by labaski(f): 8:23am On Sep 23, 2014
congrats D9ty7..more grease to ur elbow.. more updates joor ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (214) (Reply)

Deceitful Couple / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> / My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.