Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,103 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

#my Life - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / #my Life (101816 Views)

My Life In Secondary School / My Life,my Fate / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
Really Didnt know o

Mczigx:
comments n strike
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 5:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
Wetin d funi u
lanreabbey: lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 5:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
I'll update lata.... Remainin part ni Its a true story remember...

charlala: Please where is the remaining part of the story Alma?

1 Like

Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 12:41pm On Oct 01, 2014

I came back home to find the house in an eerie silence. I called out to cynthia but she didnt answer me. Not a first though.

I went into the kitchen with the intention of cooking jellof rice but changed my mind when i saw that last night's stew was still remaining so I decided to cook white spaghetti.

I put the pot on fire and went upstairs to the bathroom to take my bath.

After freshening up, i went to Eve's room to pack up clothes for her, just as I picked up the first cloth, i heard a loud scream coming from Cynthia's room.

I flung the cloth and ran to Cynthia's room.

She was quite a sight as she lay on the ground, rolling and clutching her stomach.

Could Cynthia be having pregnancy cramps this early? I asked.

"alma h--hospital pl-please." she stuttered in a low voice with tears in her eyes.

Noo... This cant be pregnancy cramps, moreover, Cynthia would never say please to me undee normal circumstances.

I ran downstairs with tears in my eyes, put off the gas and ran outside to get help.

I saw a car coming towards me, I furiously waved it down, it stopped right infront of me, he got down and came down the car.

It was Nnamdi, Ugonna's senior brother. He said he just got a call from the same stranger that called me.

We both ran into the house, and upstairs to Cynthia's room.

Cynthia was bleeding and was trying hard to breathe when Nnamdi carried her downstairs and into the car.

I couldnt pack the clothes again, so we locked up the house quickly and sped off.

We drove madly to the hospital, when we got there, I ran into the hospital, towards the nurses at the counter, screaming for a stretcher.

On of them went to get the stretcher while the other came out with us.

They wheeled her towards the ER because the bleeding had increased. When we got to the ER, the nurses turned us back and showed Us to the waiting room.

I had to stay in the waiting room because I couldnt go to Eve's room with this kind of bad news.

2 Likes

Re: #my Life by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
Have you heard about the ongoing E-Workshop For NAIRALAND holding @ Nairaland here and Now. Follow this link there
https://www.nairaland.com/1897222/nairaland-e-workshop-writers-main/6#26753646
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE Y'ALL...... LOVE YOU GUYS PLENTY
Re: #my Life by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
Happy independence howwa u doing??
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
Am gud.... Wbu?
snowprince07: Happy independence howwa u doing??
Re: #my Life by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
almacherish: Am gud.... Wbu?
am good too
Re: #my Life by mohalexyz(m): 3:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
mmm hmm all will be well I pray
Re: #my Life by jaymomma(f): 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
Did Cynthia try to do something stupid to herself?

Great work Alma
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 9:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
Me too

mohalexyz: mmm hmm all will be well I pray
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 9:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tnk u

jaymomma: Did Cynthia try to do something stupid to herself?

Great work Alma
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 5:08pm On Oct 05, 2014

While in the waiting room, Nnamdi decided to go up to Cynthia's room to see his brother.

Some hours later the doctor came out and asked to see me in her office.

It was a different doctor and a different office also. It was almost the same with the other doctor's own with little or no difference.

I sat down and wondered what news I was in for this time around.

She smiled sadly and started, " what's your relationship with the patient??" she asked.

I sighed, " she's my sister." i answered.

"okay, uhmmm, am sure you're aware she was pregnant when you brought her in?" she asked.

"yeah i know... Please, I dont mean to be rude but I'd really appreciate it if you'd go straight to the point, my other sister is up in the ward." i said.

"am sorry about your sister." she paused as I nodded.

She took it as a sign to continue, and continue she did. "you see, your sister was still in her first trimester, almost a month to be precise.. She had a self induced abortion by taking "the abortion pill - mizoprostol."

she swallowed and continued, "you see, the pill works differently for different people, sometimes it aborts the baby after a day or two, other times, it takes effect after a week, two weeks." she stared at me and continued.

" so my guess is, she took the pill and it had no effect so she took the pill again resulting to an overdose. Main symptoms of an overdose are bleeding and nausea, which i know she has been having."

now I knew where she was going, Cynthia had an abortion...

"she has been having these bleedings for some days now without seeing a doctor. She lost alot of blood and when you brought her in, we tried to do a blood transfusion but it was already late."

i kept staring at her, not hearing one word. " she gave up the ghost before anything could be done, am sorry we lost her.
we found this note in her jean pocket, it's addressed to you, you should read it." she concluded.

The tears stung as I tried to be courageous. I took the note from her and opened it, it read:

TO YOU ALMA, I HAVENT BEEN THE BEST SISTER TO YOU, AM SORRY. PLEASE FORGIVE ME, AND TELL MUMMY AND EVE THAT AM SORRY.

That was the last straw, i couldnt keep in the tears anymore, i wailed and kept hitting the table. It dawned on me that my sister was dead... God has turned his back on me again.

1 Like

Re: #my Life by D9ty7(m): 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2014
Even if she was the worst sister, the realisation that you'll see her no more will make you cry. Your cries will be more than that of her sister gangan. I mean Eve.
I've been away for a while now, and its good to be back.
Because we are made of black, we'll be at the top forever. Good job A.
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
Yeah dats ryt... And apologizing too made me cry. Missed you here.... Tnx 4 commenting.

D9ty7:
Even if she was the worst sister, the realisation that you'll see her no more will make you cry. Your cries will be more than that of her sister gangan. I mean Eve.
I've been away for a while now, and its good to be back.
Because we are made of black, we'll be at the top forever. Good job A.
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
And pls does any1 knw d meaning of oniranu oshi..... Something lyk dat......
Re: #my Life by seunviju(f): 11:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
Eventhough cythia hasn't b good,don't lyk the way she died,crying.welldone Alma
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 5:20am On Oct 06, 2014
Me too.... Thank u seun

seunviju:
Eventhough cythia hasn't b good,don't lyk the way she died,crying.welldone Alma
Re: #my Life by charlala: 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
[*[chelseafc**]]
Re: #my Life by charlala: 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
[*[chelseafc]**]
Re: #my Life by charlala: 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
[[chelseafc]]
Re: #my Life by chuzor73(m): 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
Alma big up nice write up tanx 4 ur updates best wishes u re blessed. kissAlma big up nice write up tanx 4 ur updates best wishes u re blessed.
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 9:38pm On Oct 06, 2014

Am a fan 2

charlala:
[*[chelseafc**]]
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
Tnx.... Ure blessed too

chuzor73:
Alma big up nice write up tanx 4 ur updates best wishes u re blessed. kissAlma big up nice write up tanx 4 ur updates best wishes u re blessed.
Re: #my Life by Flakkydagirl: 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
Good job Alma..
You need to be more frequent with your update.
Re: #my Life by Fatalveli(m): 11:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
Crying and wailing! D devil is gone...
Re: #my Life by folake25(f): 1:37am On Oct 07, 2014
great job u write so well.
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2014
Tnx...... Ive been kinna busy... Bt i'l try to update more

Flakkydagirl:
Good job Alma..
You need to be more frequent with your update.
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2014
Awwwwww..... Tnx xo much.

folake25:
great job u write so well.
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2014
Cryin too.

Fatalveli:
Crying and wailing! D devil is gone...
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 11:10am On Oct 08, 2014

I tried to stop crying but I just couldnt. Hating her was easy but she apologised before dying and I couldnt stop blaming myself for hating her.

I didnt know how to break the news to my mum so I decided to tell Nnamdi on the phone. He picked up at the first ring.

"hey watsup, are you still upstairs with your bro?" i asked him.

"yeah, he's awake now."

"wow, Thank God." i answered.

"uhmmm, wont you talk to him, he wants to talk to you."

it took all the self-control i owned in the world not to break down over the phone.

"ok, give him the phone pls." i said in a shaky voice.

I heard Ugonna try to sit up, i swallowed. "hey boo of life."

I just smiled as a tear ran down my cheek. "how are you doing love?" i asked in a shaky voice again.

"am okay but I dont like how you're sounding, is there a problem?" he asked.

It took another ounce of self-control not to cry again. "i'm fine, I was just worried about you."

"ok love am good, I just wanted to talk to you okay, take care of yourself." he said and handed the phone to Nnamdi.

"hey, where you at?" Nnamdi asked.

" im in the waiting room, can you come down for a minute, I cant do this alone please." i said as the tears kept coming down my cheeks.

"al, is there a problem?" he asked again.

I couldnt keep it in anymore, "my sister is dead!!" i screamed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Tormented / Diary Of An Anonymous Corper / Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.