Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University (57462 Views)

5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic / 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 / 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Spotless180(m): 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
Maureenurch: na fastest way nah hw i for do,bt nt jst ladies oo
ok. luvly.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
This article is intended for foreign universities, and not that of Nigeria.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Olyboy16(m): 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
LaryBoy: Big lie.... I attend a private school and if u think u are wiser than ♍ƺ, hook me up @ ground Hotel Asaba.... Then we shall no
you c, dats what OP is trying to say.!! U are childish, slow and unrealistic! So i shld carry my legs, spend my hard-earned money to get to you.!? 4 wat? So u can show me how wise u are? Sheesh!!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by drizzy009: 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
Olyboy16:
Its not a must you follow this thread, neither is freedom of speech a crime here...if you refer/quote to me or my posts on this very thread again
Wa se oriburku till death ni..
oya olyboy reverse am i just dey play now
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Olyboy16(m): 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
drizzy009:
guy easy now. Shey i refer to you ni
guy i'm nt a kid, and i understand the yoruba part of that post..anyway i'm sory 4 being harsh(realy sory)...we'r all jst tryin to hav fun na...bt guy, u dey fear fear gan o..
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Olyboy16(m): 4:17pm On Sep 09, 2014
drizzy009: oya olyboy reverse am i just dey play now
The next time you quote me, Every force of evil or curse on you will be vandalised by the special power of the almighty God! You wil not se oriburuku o! Amen (guy u realy got me LMAO)
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Spotless180(m): 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2014
deols: How can anyone see the last two points as good. Poverty, struggling and Not getting what you want are now seen as normal.

Smh for peopleblike the op. Poverty and all that goes with it should never be seen as normal
like they say, poverty is a disease.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by drizzy009: 4:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
Olyboy16:
guy i'm nt a kid, and i understand the yoruba part of that post..anyway i'm sory 4 being harsh(realy sory)...we'r all jst tryin to hav fun na...bt guy, u dey fear fear gan o..
no be my fault, na that till d**th wey make fear grip me
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by themmydhayhor(m): 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
pgidex: Not all private schools.......... undecided. If u can't afford their fee just tell us and stop all ds hating. Na book dem send u go read nor b 2 go catch fun u hear tongue

gringringringrin

Remember all WORK no PLAY make jack a dull boy....

Even lecturers dey catch fun
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by drizzy009: 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
Just because others aren't privileged like you to go to a private university doesn't mean you guys should be insulting them. Do you know what true poverty is? I've never experienced it and our Almighty God would never let any of us experience it. Insha Allah(ameen). We are adults and not kids
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by themmydhayhor(m): 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
glitest: This article is intended for foreign universities, and not that of Nigeria.

Strictly NIGERIA ma'am
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by themmydhayhor(m): 4:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
Onyiibazz: A CGPA of 2.7 in University of Nigeria, Nsukka equals a CGPA of 4.9 in Covenant University!!!

gringringringrin

Sure

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by labyrinth(m): 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
Both private and public has advantage and disadvantages.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by NobleG1(m): 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
A public University stands a better chance of being recognized and respected both at home and abroad than a private one.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by OduntanGabriel(m): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
6 Reasons why Private University is better than Public University.....
www.nairaland.com/1894990/6-reasons-attend-private-university
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by bangalee1(m): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
So we in private schools should leave te school and register for jamb? When you. Have the money you won't think of wasting time wit ASUU

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by mcpat(m): 4:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
gift01: Poverty in expressive Action. May the Almighty provide for your generation
From your deductions, everybody that goes to a private uni is rich? Ignorance is a bigger disease my dear

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by aremed(m): 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
pgidex: Not all private schools.......... undecided. If u can't afford their fee just tell us and stop all ds hating. Na book dem send u go read nor b 2 go catch fun u hear tongue

Even if my father is Jonathan,i wil neva go to private university cos why wud a university says i shldnt use a fone,must attend church service...like convenant university...chidish university...
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Onyiibazz: 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
thelastgenius:

Why not attend CU and grab your own copy of the 4.9's

Ooh I get...Yu dnt fancy high grades....Right??

Why spend a lot of money getting a 4.9 that wont be valuable anyway! And lest i forget, i was actually offered scholarship to be among the pioneer students of Landmark university Omu-aran kwara state, but i declined and chose my present school instead, and i've never regretted that decision even up till date!
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
tnktosin:
Sounds like a great school. One question, what year did you graduate? If that standard is still maintained then i'd agree with you that yours is indeed an exceptional case.
Bro I graduated last year and done with national service already. Sure! Mine is a great school.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Yello1(m): 5:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
oleary: Somehow true. Being in public university has given me lots of opportunities. Aporoaching 200L at 20 i bought my first multimedia equipment valued at almost 200k after hustling during carnival calabar. Approaching my final year now, i know 80% of what life is.

i guess dis isn't d kinda maturity and prudency d op's is talking about...learn conservativeness rather dan extravagancy
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Onyiibazz: 5:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
SamConquer: Guy I feel your pain.Feferal uni lecturers sheer wickedness and unnecessary intentional failure of student has made the Fed uni student believe "First class" is a kind of Luxury to attain.If student in world best university like Havard can pass easily without stress and can gain admission without stress.then know that your dustbin of a Federal uni need a check-up.

And before you conclude, do remember that your alleged wicked federal uni lecturers are also the ones that you normally refer to as visiting professors in the private universities. What am i trying to say? You dont expect me to pay an amount as high as that which they pay in the privates and you fail my ward, so that's why all of them are always being pushed forward to the next level no matter their performance in assesments!
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Raypawer(m): 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
lilprinze: I noticed that most of the students who attend private universities are people who were denied or not given admission into public university or people who did not have a very good result so they have or had no choice other than to go to private Universities half bread is better than none.
u are wrong cos hv seen so many students very bright scored very well in jamb but tbe status of their parent is a no no to public uni... their parents b like... non of my children can go to public school in Nigeria... its either in US, UK, Dominica of u attend private school in Nigeria here. that's all the option the child has... so dear... poverty is a sin nd a crime in our society....

God bless u and your Generation

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by thelastgenius: 5:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
Onyiibazz:

Why spend a lot of money getting a 4.9 that wont be valuable anyway! And lest i forget, i was actually offered scholarship to be among the pioneer students of Landmark university Omu-aran kwara state, but i declined and chose my present school instead, and i've never regretted that decision even up till date!

Now I have your orientation....You think Yu'ld be given your 4.9 Cus of the money yu pay....

No Bro, It doesn't work that way.

Thank God Yu didn't take it...dem wan take yu do experiment nii....Yu wouldn't have gotten "so much" of a quality education.

Yh..And I know the quality of this degree's doesn't make us who we are in the end. Its Mostly for show off

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Onyiibazz: 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
thelastgenius:

Now I have your orientation....You think Yu'ld be given your 4.9 Cus of the money yu pay....

No Bro, It doesn't work that way.

Thank God Yu didn't take it...dem wan take yu do experiment nii....Yu wouldn't have gotten "so much" of a quality education.

Yh..And I know the quality of this degree's doesn't make us who we are in the end. Its Mostly for show off

Good you're beginning to see things from my angle! Specifically love your last two sentences!
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
butanep: whats the lecturer about and what did i say wrong to mind my english...
gimme your pastor's number.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cool i can help you
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Lois20(f): 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
@op, na person wey no see rice chop go talk sey garri na im best food....
End of story!!!
How many private schools have you been a student of that you know all these...
Infact, you are in the past, come to the present then we can relate!!!
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dam007(m): 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
Navvy: have u made it in life? ur mates are in house of assembly dey pass strict order u dey nairaland dey bleep is dat life??
i'm currently on God's speed bro.. and i've got enough to show for it.. ask for my info and i'll give you.. i'm far ahead of most of my mates... and i'm doing great.. whats your standard? what do you live for? think about your life sir.. comedians are payed to say $tupid thingss clearly you've been doing it for free your whole life...
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by oluwanoni: 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
Onyiibazz: A CGPA of 2.7 in University of Nigeria, Nsukka equals a CGPA of 4.9 in Covenant University!!!

Trying to compensate for lack of intelligence....i aint boasting but CU students are Good...i am currently working and i am moving mountains @ my workplace better than most public school grads...so what are u saying. undecided
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by thelastgenius: 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
Onyiibazz:

And before you conclude, do remember that your alleged wicked federal uni lecturers are also the ones that you normally refer to as visiting professors in the private universities. What am i trying to say? You dont expect me to pay an amount as high as that which they pay in the privates and you fail my ward, so that's why all of them are always being pushed forward to the next level no matter their performance in assesments!

U're Wrong here bro......
People Fail (In flying colours too)......
600L students yapa
And max for every course is 4years...

People get withdrawn , Expelled .It aint so easy.

We started my department as 64 students...we're Moving on to year 3 and we're less than 50.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Navvy(m): 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
dam007: i'm currently on God's speed bro.. and i've got enough to show for it.. ask for my info and i'll give you.. i'm far ahead of most of my mates... and i'm doing great.. whats your standard? what do you live for? think about your life sir.. comedians are payed to say $tupid thingss clearly you've been doing it for free your whole life...
i'm not into comedy mane neither am i into beefin low lifes... if u think u are doing great i'm doing better!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by thelastgenius: 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
dam007: i'm currently on God's speed bro.. and i've got enough to show for it.. ask for my info and i'll give you.. i'm far ahead of most of my mates... and i'm doing great.. whats your standard? what do you live for? think about your life sir.. comedians are payed to say $tupid thingss clearly you've been doing it for free your whole life...

Ouch....that was harsh mehn....Rotfl

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Lady Mocked By Her Friends Who Graduated Before Her, 2 Years Later This Happened / How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) / NUC Lists Universities Approved For Postgraduate Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.