Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

THE WEB - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (116994 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by Ann2612(f): 8:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
[quote
author=candy post=27422549]
I think she went to the hospital because she was smart enough to know
that Tobi won't go on the trip till he knew what was going on. She must
also have known that Dr Smart wasn't going to tell him the truth. She
had to rush down to instill some fear in the mama and daughter so that
they'll be too scared to attend to him...[/quote] Exactly
Re: THE WEB by Fatalveli(m): 8:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
Hello Nairalanders, most especially the fans of THEROCK555, I wanna use the medium to inform you all that ur amazing author will be interviewed @ 5pm tomorrow so dat we can all get to know him better.... Follow dis link if u have any questions for Therock555 @. https://www.nairaland.com/1952165/weekly-interview-thread-subsidiary-dammysammytv/5#1952165.161. I'm pretty sure you all can't afford to miss this...
Re: THE WEB by AmJane(f): 9:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
Present ma. Thanks for the update. Keep it flowing dear.
Re: THE WEB by seunviju(f): 9:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
I hope she will confess naw,huh.Welldone ma'am
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 25, 2014
Still following..... I just hope she confess nw, nice story, keep it rolling!
Re: THE WEB by ruffhandu: 12:58pm On Oct 27, 2014
I am waiting for you Candy. You're doing a great job on this.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
Candy... Candy.. Candy.. Thumbs up for you. Welldone dearie..#still following#
Re: THE WEB by Kflorencek(f): 7:18pm On Oct 27, 2014
nyc one Candy. Luv ya
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
Im scared 4 Toby seriously... So na nw wen Dr. Smart wan repent.... I pity Amber small sha
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2014

She regained consciousness a few hours after she was wheeeled into the ER. She was strong enough to realise where she was as soon as she opened her eyes. She had sustained little injury and no heavy bleeding or internal injury, more of shock.

The major injury she sustained was a blow to her fore head and a sprain on her left ankle, both bandaged. The car airbag had come in handy, it was a brand new car and not the usual tokunbo.

Sitting next to her and holding her hands was Tobi. She was so happy to see him sitting on her bed. Chief Bode Seriki entered the room with Dr Emma who conducted some physicals on her and assured them she's doing very fine.

"Dear, how are you feeling now?" Chief asked, concern written on his face. He was called earlier by one of the matrons who was very familiar with the family. He had rushed down to see his wife, especially when he was informed that his son was also around. He had misunderstood the information to mean both mother and son were in the car.

"I'm a lot better dear", she replied, though still in pain.
He moved closer to her bedside and Tobi stood up for him to sit.

"What beats me though is why you didn't mention the fact that you were coming to the hospital today", Chief told his wife, obviously surprised the accident had occured at the hospital when she was supposed to be behind her dest at the office.

"Dad, how about we leave the why's and how's out till mum gets better?" Tobi said in defence of his mum.

"Ok, I'm not playing the blaming game son, just surprised"

Tobi's blackberry made message sounds and he checked to see his BBM messages. He had put his voice calls on silence to avoid distraction. He checked the pings, they were from Ade, informing him his dad's PI was able to trace the threat message to a cafe and it appeared the cafe guy was willing to describe the perpetrator in exchange for protection over his more regular yahoo yahoo customers anfew lines from Bolu, asking him why Dr Emma had called him with such urgency.

"I was on my way to discuss my trip with you before an emergency brought me here" Tobi told his dad, trying to open his US trip conversation, hoping to convince his parents there was no point going

Mrs Seriki was scared at the turn the conversation was taking but she couldn't fight it.

"We can discuss that at the office" chief stood up to leave. Someone had to attend to business, "I have a 2'o'clock meeting at the Governor's office.

Just as he was bidding them goodbue and heading for the door, Dr Emma opened the door. He checked Mrs Seriki's condition again and he was impressed, though she had an elevated blood pressure that he beloieved was transient. Facing tobi, he said, "Tobi, madam ty is insisting on being discharged and I think it's alright as her blood pressure is under control now"

"Who is madam ty?" Chief asked
"Nobody important", Mrs Seriki quickly answered, sitting up fully on the bed.

"Yes dad, not someone important perse, but she was on her way to see you when she slumped, right outside your office this morning" Tobi told him. "Infact, she was the emergency that brought me here this morning"

Chief was surprised at this information and tried to learn as much as possible about this visitor.
"Who is she? Someone I know?"
"Not sure dad. She's the mother of Bolu, the corper you like so much" a loud chuckle escaped his lips, he enjoyed teasing his dad with Bolu, he liked her a lot and he never hid it.

"Ha, my Bolu. Good girl" he smiled at his son's jibe.

"Apparently, the mum- Adebim..." Tobi was trying to retell bolu's story of her mother once living with them but mrs seriki casted him a knowing look. It meant 'keep quiet' and he did, though not before getting his dad more interested in this woman.

"Where is she? I'll like to see her" he said and beckoned his son to follow him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 28, 2014

Mrs seriki sighed in frustration as father and son left her bedside to see madam ty. She thought of yanking off the iv needle stuck to her wrist but she thought against it. Better safe than sorry. She resigned herself to fate, hoping she scared mother and daughter enough earlier. But what with Bolu's new found courage? She thought. She smelled trouble and pressed the bell hung on her bed side to summon a nurse.

Bolu's mum was seated on the visitor's chair, ready to go home, when Tobi and chief entered. Bolu was making the bed, even though it wasn't necessary-she never left her bed unmade.

Madam ty was shocked to see Chief standing before her, so was Tobi. The last time Adebimpe saw this man was over 25 years back. Bolu had seen him almost everyday, sometimes in the reception, sometimes at the car park and rarely in his office, Tobi's office or Mrs Seriki's office. Seeong her chairman vistit his mum at the hospital was a big surprise to her. More surprised she was when her mother kneelt down to greet Chief familiarly.

"E ku ojo meta sir", her mum had greeted

"Ha, Adebimpe!", chief screamed in surprise. "How are you? Are you Bolu's mum? I saw something familiar in her when I first met her"

"Yes, she's my daughter sir" she said
"I never knew you had such a grown up daughter...so, how are you now?"

"I'm fine, we thank God" she answered, looking down at her feet, unable to look him straight in the eye. So, you didn't know I had a baby, she thought within herself and even moved her lips slightly in a hiss.

"My wife had an accident this morning, on her way out of this hospital-she had a doctor's appointment"
"Wow, we didn't know
Tobi and Bolu discuSsed her mum's health status, the dos and don't s as they prepared to leave. One of the more familiar nurses asked tobi to excuse him. They discussed outside the door and when he entered, his dad was already set to leave.

"So, you should come by the office tomorrow by 11am so you can tell me why you were looking for me earlier today, Adebimpe"

To that, chief was greeted by silence from madam ty. She had given up on the chase, couldn't even imagine what she had planned to say to chief if she had met him earlier. She felt weakened by the affluence of her former boss and his wife. Bolu saved the awkward situation by answering chief. "Ok sir, we'll be there", she offered.

Tobi saw him off to the car park where his driver waited behind the wheels of his Range Rover.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 28, 2014
Kflorencek:
nyc one Candy. Luv ya
*gives her a beary hug*

Thanks, dearie...you are welcome on board.
Re: THE WEB by Emzypaz(m): 11:12am On Oct 28, 2014
Good morning to you Candy. There is a thread on Nairaland where celebrities are being interviewed on SATURDAYS. But this week, we have a different thing in mind. We want to have reader intervied too. And as a celebrity, I want you to nominate one of your favourite reader. This is the link; https://www.nairaland.com/1952165/weekly-interview-thread-subsidiary-dammysammytv/7#27518214
Just open that link and get on with your nomination.
E.g I nominate Candy for the reader's interview.
Re: THE WEB by QueenTolpatx(f): 12:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
ℓ̊ hope all dat is hidden in the dark come 2 light soon enough Ooº°˚ ˚. Hmmm poor bolu and tobi, didn't even get 2 live a real life, its all been lies
Re: THE WEB by seunviju(f): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
Lovely one but this mrs seriki no dey tire ni
Re: THE WEB by kingphilip(m): 1:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
I just hope mrs seriki won't b out of office before the nxt day because she will do all to put a stop at that visit n I hope ha son doesn't inform ha about the new development

nice one candy such a candilicious update
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 12:18am On Oct 29, 2014
Mrs Seriki shuld jst resign 2 fate... So, Bolu nd Tobi re twins nd therine re chief's children... Madam Ty self took things 2 fast
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 29, 2014
On his way back to madam ty's room, he met them waiting at the reception, all set to go.

The nurse had told him earlier his mum would like to see madam ty before she left. He relayed the message to Bolu and her mum. Having learnt not to undermine mrs Seriki, Bolu decided to go with her mum. They quickly climbed back and headed for her room. Just then, Tobi's phone rang and he stopped to pick his call.

"Hello ma" madam ty greeted mrs seriki who laid down on the bed, face squeezed as if in serious pain.
"How are you?" Her voice croaked in pain she didn't feel.

"Fine ma", madam ty said and moved closer to the sick woman. "It was chief that told us you were here ma, we thought you left earlier"
"I was leaving when it happened" she told them, running her fingers through her lightly bandaged head. "I sent for you", she continued.

"Yes ma, tobi told us" bolu said
"Ok, I will like to apologize for every single threat of mine and all the pains I've caused you. I want you to know I'm in no position to tell you what to do anymore". She managed to sit up as if it was so much effort before she continued. "Tobi is indeed your son, Bolu's twin" she paused for effect

"Haa, hmmm". Despite the fact that she'd heard this before, madam ty was shaking on her feet, unable to shout.
"Please help me here. Don't tell him, ever. It will break him" she pleaded
"So, he is my twin?" Bolu asked, just to confirm
"Yes dear". She said, flinching in pain.
Even though she had heard that before, she knew she had to know how her madam and her friend were able to pull the stunt without her knowledge. For months, she watched Mrs Seriki's pregnancy grow bigger when she came visiting at Dr Smart's.

"Can you please tell me what happened exactly?" She asked Mrs Seriki
"I will, soon as I'm fully recovered" she said, pleading with her eyes."Just promise you won't tell him"

"I promise you that for Tobi's sake, I will not tell him. My joy lies in seeing him happy" madam ty said with tears flowing freely from her face. Bolu reminded her of Dr Emma's warning and she wiped her tear stained face with a corner of her wrapper.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 29, 2014

Tobi paused in his stride outside his mum's hospital room. Not one for gossips, the mention of his name in hushed voice, coupled with his already mounting anxiety on the Bolu's mum saga roused his interest in the conversation he knew he wasn't meant to be privy to.

He brought a hand to his mouth and almost opened the door from shock at what he heard inside. Heat washed over him; he began to sweat. He decided he hated them all, especially Mrs Seriki; the woman he had loved and respected passionately. He held his head with both hands and stamped his feet on the tiled floor, the pain in his eyes was unbearable.

He was dying inside. He felt the pain of betrayal, of insignificance at how they chose to freely discuss him with plans of concealing information from him. He hated them all.

He had stopped to settle madam ty's bill after his call and he was grateful for that move. Just then, a nurse pushed a patient in wheel chair across the hall and said hi to him, another nurse held his drip stand while his relatives followed. He suddenly felt faint himself, and before the conspirators could come out and catch him eaves dropping, he ran down the stairs.

He rushed outside to his car and cried for the first time in his adult life. He called Ade and his other friend, Deyemi. They arranged to meet at the latter's office at Oke Ado. His phone vibrated incessantly, Bolui calling.

When he refused to pick her calls, she pinged, asking him if they should leave without him. He was still sobbing quietly when he saw bolu and madam ty walk towards the gate. His heart melted, he was moved to pity but he was in no shape to talk to them. He watched them go.

His phone rang again, Mum calling, showed on the screen. He didn't pick it. Tobi brought his car engine to life and put it in Drive. He drove blindly to Deyemi's place, narrowly escaping accidents.

"What's up man?" Deyemi asked, concern shown on his face as he helped his friend get out of his car. Tobi felt limp all over and he quickly sat on a couch inside Deyemi's cozy office. He was drained of energy.

"Where is Ade?" He managed to ask
"He's coming, bro. What really is going on?"

Just then, the door opened and Ade rushed inside the office and went straight to Tobi.
"Man, what's going on?" He asked him
"I've been asking him o" Deyemi said
"Guys, can I get some kind of hard liquor in your office?" He faced Deyemi
"No man, I don't store liquor here but we can go to the guest house and discuss. Besides, I know you to be just a social drinker" he said, surprised.

The three friends set out in Deyemi's car. In a few minutes, they were in a secluded area around Onireke GRA. The drive down was uneventful as Tobi kept starring into space and efforts to get him speaking failed. Deyemi parked his car in a VIP space and the guys walked quietly to the bar.

They ordered their drinks, Tobi asked for their strongest blend but his friends. Forced him to take something lighter. Soon as their drinks arrived, Tobi bursted into tears and managed to narrate his ordeal of the day. Bolu's call to Ade interrupted their discussion. The lovers discussed personal issues and Ade assured her he was coming to see her soon.

"Wow!" Ade opened his mouth when Tobi was done telling his story.
"I'm stupefied" Deyemi shook his head.
"I'm planning on traveling away from all of this, not to US as planned earlier, I'm heading to Dubai instead" he told his friends.

"Don't do that Tobi" Ade pleaded. "Besides, won't you like to meet Bolu as your twin?" Deyemi asked him. Ade stood up and placed his hand on his friend's shoulder.
"Guys, I don't know how I'll face her and her mother" tobi looked up at his friends, hoping they'll offer him respite.

Ade smiled as he said, "Tobi, you'll be my bro in law o"
For the first time, the three friends laughed.
"I'll be your bro in law, but who will sit as my mother on my own day?" He asked his friends, getting serious again.
Silence.

A couple of hours later, tobi was feeling light headed, after all the drinks he had taken. They had already convinced him to stay back and weather the storm, even though they were unable to decide if and when he should meet his real mum. Ade also told him his PI was able to get an Identification on the email guy and that the police were on the look out for him.

They headed back to oke ado in Deyemi's car. Ade drove straight to felele to see Bolu while Tobi drove back to the office to tidy his desk and clear his head. His phone rang and he picked it, it was his mum calling.

"Hello mum"
"Hello son, where have you been?"
"With deyemi and ade"

"So, when are you coming to see me here? Dr Emma has just discharged me" she said, sounding frail.
"I'll see you soon" Tobi assured her.

Tobi sat behind his desk, going over what he had over heard earlier, rehearsing what he'll say to his mother at the hospital. He had to tell her what he heard, he decided. He had to, no matter what. His secretary slammed through his office door, holding a huge file. He quickly cut her shut when she started talking about his disheveled appearance.

"Aina, I've had a rough day", he told her. He cleared his desk and headed to the hospital.

Seeing his mum gave him a new weakness, he couldn't blurt out what he overheard earlier. He kept his shaky hands in his pant pockets, trying to appear calm even though his heart thundered, nearly out of control.

Mrs Seriki was set to leave. He carried the gift bag his dad had brought for her earlier and held her purse. He supported her as they descended the stairs. I'll tell her tomorrow, he decided.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by ruffhandu: 11:21am On Oct 29, 2014
candy:

She regained consciousness a few hours after she was wheeeled into the ER. She was strong enough to realise where she was as soon as she
"I'm a lot better dear", she replied, though still in pain.
He moved closer to her bedside and Bolu stood up for him to sit.

"Where is she? I'll like to see her" he said and beckoned his son to follow him.

Well done Candy.
Is the bolded meant to be Bolu or Tobi?
Re: THE WEB by kingphilip(m): 12:31pm On Oct 29, 2014
wow candy nice update
just hope everything ends up well sha
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
ruffhandu:

Well done Candy.
Is the bolded meant to be Bolu or Tobi?
Thanks as usual, I meanta say 'tobi'. I really appreciate your scrutiny, my brother. Pls keep it up!
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2014
Enjoy the updates. Thanks for following ma story. Your comments will go a long way!

Abuklaw
Tescoleps
Hameenat94
Xtarxhyne
Snowangel
Eniqurl
Debdave
Divepen
PrinceAdepoju
Labaski
D9ty7
Candis009
QueenTolpatx
Ruffhandu
Missviva
Adeh39
Cyclone1
AmJane
pricelesslove
foslink
Kunzu
Seunviju
Okotv
Mariamferanmi
Olaitan3784
Kflorencek
Ann2612
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ghen..Ghen.. It has happen!.
And to think I was expecting either Mrs Seriki or Madam Ty to tell him the truth. He had to find out himself. Eeiyaa.
Anyways,I know its not easy...but he should just forgive Mrs Seriki...accept Madam Ty and Bolu..and move on with his life(I guess). He shouldn't hate anybody. Even if what Mrs Seriki did was bad...am sure she has an explanation for it.
#myonecent#.
Re: THE WEB by Plaitex(f): 2:53pm On Oct 29, 2014
hmm....emotions are flowing. Cant wait to see what tobi wud do. Thanks for lunch

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by mariamferanmi(f): 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
Wow!!! At last tobi get to know himself, hmmm Bolu u finally find ur twin broda. Madam candy tanx 4 d update looking forward 4 anoda.*oliver twist*
Re: THE WEB by ruffhandu: 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2014
candy:

Thanks as usual, I meanta say 'tobi'. I really appreciate your scrutiny, my brother. Pls keep it up!

May your fingers receive more strength.
Re: THE WEB by QueenTolpatx(f): 11:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........poor poor tobi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2014

Tobi opened his eyes, realizing his phone was ringing. He looked around, disoriented. Then he remembered. He was in a hotel room. After he dropped his mum, he'd gone out and gotten drunk. Stinking, fall-down, lousy drunk. Not too mature but he'd figured he was entitled. He couldn't even remember how he made it to the hotel unscathed.
What else was a guy supposed to do after he heard his mum, and most likely the man he had called dad for twenty five years are not his parents? Yea, sure, he was entitled to a drunken stupor.

He groaned and sat up. His mouth felt like he had mopped the kitchen floor with it. He passed a hand over his face and peered at the fancy wall clock. 11:14am. How long had he been out? He asked himself.

He swung his legs over the side of the bed and stood, his head screaming a protest. The phone rang again, shrilly, insistent, slicing through his brain like a knife. "Okay, okay," he muttered. "Give me a break here".

He grabbed his phone from the bedside drawer and brought it to his ear.
"Hello", he managed to say, his voice a drawl.
"Where are you my dear?" The controlling voice of his mum asked. "we are lost without your input here"

Tobi still barely fully alert, asked . "Where?"
"At the office" his mum responded
"I'll be there soon" he ended the call, checked his call log- 28 missed calls. Twelve between Ade and Deyemi, two from Bolu, four from chief and the rest business. His battery almost drained.

He had a quick shower, grabbed a bite of complimentary brunch and rushed off to the office. The event of the previous day was on auto-replay as he drove to work. He decided he was going to talk to his mum and Bolu's mum, especially regarding who his father is.

Fifteen minutes later, Tobi drove into the compass builders premises. Traffic was light by that time of the day. His dad and mum were already there. He parked in his designated spot.

He went straight to his mum's office. After they exchanged pleasantries,he sat down on one of the visitors' sofas and he surprised himself when he said, "mom, can I talk to you?"

Mrs Seriki was surprised, but she had no idea what about. "why not, son? Talk to your mother"
Tobi swallowed against the lump that formed in his throat. He glanced at his mum from the corner of his eyes, nervous. Mrs Seriki looked at him. Expectantly.
He cleared his throat. Opened his mouth then shut it again.
"What is it, honey?"
Again, he cleared his throat. His mum was visibly worried now.
"I overheard your discussion with Bolu and her mum yesterday"

It was Mrs Seriki"s turn to be shocked. She was dumbfounded and sat very still for what seemed like ages.
"You did?", she managed to ask.
"Yes ma, all of it"

Re: THE WEB by aprilwise(m): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
Madam candy first of all i like your name candy. This my second time commenting on your masterpiece. Good job. Weldone.
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
Tobi shuld try 2 handle this matter maturedly. Lets watch as Chief would react cos I knw hes d father of d twins. Weldone sis
Re: THE WEB by pricelesslove(f): 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
Weldon dear. keep it coming. the lord is your strength

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply)

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.