Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! (40431 Views)

A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. / A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by kandiikane(m): 9:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
tbaba1234:

Sure, you can pick the few stories they are.

The vast majority cultures on this earth, had polygyny, whether in Africa, Asia or Europe. That is fact.

And who is denying polygyny, regardless of whether a vast majority of cultures had polygyny, I am also telling you a vast number practiced polyandry with many being abolished when matriarchal societies started turning patriarchal. Regardless, It is still being practised, even if the numbers are less now, point is, its being practised even in your home country and many cultures allow the practise of extra marital affairs of the wife without repercussions. Just the same way in many cultures Virgin!ty isn't as sacred as we West Africans seem to make it, Different strokes for different people. Just because we West Africans frown upon a woman with two husbands or a promiscuous woman doesn't mean it is also frown upon in other parts of African culture or outside cultures and I am not talking about western culture.
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
sandijey:

Read my statement again. I said I do not no how many people planned to be polygamyst meaning there are some people who actually planned it but I am yet to see a christian who planned it and am sorry but it's almost impossible not to include religion. Meanwhile are u a polygamyst? If yes how do u handle your wives or how do your wives handle you

Hahahah this thread is amusing...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
texanomaly:

A wife in a polygamous marriage knows exactly who her husband is sleeping with, and who the other wife is sleeping with. Is a monogamous marriage to a philandering "holy man" a "better deal"?

LIES!!!! Trust me that is totally false!

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by texanomaly(f): 10:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
datalossvictim1:

If you tell me how you came up with your assumption, I may "trust" it. How did you come to believe it is all lies? What experience do you have that would convince me that I should take what you say as the truth?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
texanomaly:

If you tell me how you came up with your assumption, I may "trust" it. How did you come to believe it is all lies? What experience do you have that would convince me that I should take what you say as the truth?

You authoritatively made the assertion that women in polygamous marriages know the exact women their husbands sleep with..

Please ignore me ! sorry for disturbing your mentions . My stomach wants to burst grin

9 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by texanomaly(f): 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
datalossvictim1:

You authoritatively made the assertion that women in polygamous marriages know the exact women their husbands sleep with..

Please ignore me ! sorry for disturbing your mentions . My stomach wants to burst grin

Okay o

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by delishpot: 12:53am On Sep 26, 2014
Another topic where men shove up an idea that favours them up a womans @$$ and claim its for the womans own good.
Chei, women, una don surffer finish for men hands o.
Dem go bring law out wey favour only men o, then talk say na for betterment of the women. Lol. I been hear sef say turkish muslim leaders ban women from smilling in public ( if una doubt me, google is ya friend) see women see wahala. E want be like men just see una as rag wey dem go chop finish use woman head clean hand.
Its well. Make una try o, all our mamas and sisters and aunts and god mamas in the house, the lord is your strength.

Come to think of it sha, it should only be allowed if the first wife agrees to it. No husband can just walk in with a spare wife without 1st wife okaying it.

datalossvictim1:

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tpia1: 2:00am On Sep 26, 2014
all i'm going to say now is all those supporting polygamy should practice what they preach.

eod.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tpia1: 2:05am On Sep 26, 2014
I'm removing my posts from the thread because i dont want them used by the "this or that" crowd who will go and track down "people who know me" and get them to act up in defiance of the principles i espouse. Rebellion.

Its an online forum filled with so called anonymous characters, most of who know what their purpose is for joining the site.

Since the thread was clearly opened for a specific purpose, which is to push polygamy, then you have the floor, i dont own the site and neither do i own the internet, last time i checked, you are covered by the right to free speech so its up to yall what you want to type here or anywhere.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 9:04am On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

the world would pass you by if you continue to hold rigidly to these traditional norms. things have changed drastically. in this day & age where married couples willingly invite a 3rd party to their bedroom for the fun of it, you are still thinking polygamy is flawed? that opinion is so 1934.

look around you, women have made giant strides over the last 50 years. the stats are grim. more women have college degrees than men. matter of fact, the only category you would find more men than women is in the prison system - otherwise, women outnumber men in any age group after childhood.

this disproportion puts women at a big disadvantage. they have fewer choices of a marital partner than the men. should a woman then marry down because she's got a tiny pool of marital partners to choose from or she shouldn't marry at all because all her male counterparts with the same college degrees have been taken? or perhaps you prefer her to engage homosëxuality?

who's going to marry all these female graduates that abound everywhere you look since men seem to have stopped pulling their weights? it won't be long now - polygamy would be made legal starting from the US & the UK. the available eligible men cannot simply go round and something would have to give in on the long run.

as it is today, a woman has 3 choices....

•hope there is a good single man available
•steal another woman's husband
•settle for polygamy

the last option is the most feasible out of the three.

In your cloud-cuckoo land.
And what do you mean by couples inviting 3rd party to their bedroom? party is it, huh? Is that what you're telling us to practise and to let go of our traditional ways?
If you only knew that Polygamy is a traditional practice, not that I'm suprised though.
Whatever, take your 3some advice to your fellow pigs out there.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by AbuuUthaymeen(m): 10:43am On Sep 26, 2014
polygamy is a must for me inshaAllah This ain't about bragging but I know this is what fits me and its my nature no shying away from it.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
Shirley07:
In your cloud-cuckoo land.
And what do you mean by couples inviting 3rd party to their bedroom? party is it, huh? Is that what you're telling us to practise and to let go of our traditional ways?

shut up & dig your head out of your rectum for once. i said human relationship has gone past one man/one woman theory for most. these days - many are keeping virtual relationships with or without their spouses' knowledge to keep it together. rather than have a husband cheating, is it not better for him to bring the other woman home & marry her legally?

If you only knew that Polygamy is a traditional practice, not that I'm suprised though. Whatever, take your 3some advice to your fellow pigs out there.

the above tells me nothing other than the fact that......you are a tool!

2-parent families are not the reality for millions of children in the 21st century. dvorce, surrogate parents, extended relatives, and other diverse family arrangements mean families already come in different sizes—why not recognize polygyny legally?

yet you call yourself a feminist - you must be the mgbeke breed cos feminism has always advocated for the choice of women. if a woman wants one hubby, let her have one. if she wants a man who's already got 5 wives, why stop her from having him? it's all about choices.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by cococandy(f): 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar: rather than have a husband cheating, is it not better for him to bring the other woman home & marry her legally?
!
No it is not better. It far worse.
I'd rather he cheats and I don't find out than he brings her home.
#justsaying.

BTW the men who used to patronize runs girls more during my uni days were the polygamous alhajis in the area.
Or the visiting ones who come for business meetings et al
Polygamy even makes them more 'liberal' in sharing the sausage grin
If you know what I mean.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 1:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
cococandy:
No it is not better. It far worse.
I'd rather he cheats and I don't find out than he brings her home.
#justsaying.

and if he imports HIV or HPV for you, what then? how do you reverse HIV?

BTW the men who used to patronize runs girls more during my uni days were the polygamous alhajis in the area.
Or the visiting ones who come for business meetings et al

monogamous men patronise runs girls the most. men that have been sexually frustrated in their marriages are more than polygamous men if you rethink the stats.

Polygamy even makes them more 'liberal' in sharing the sausage grin
If you know what I mean.

if sharing the sausage makes the parties involved happy, so be it. it's way better than snooping around and lying to the wife at home.

the heartbreak such discovery causes is far more damaging than any crisis she can experience when living with another woman under one roof. infidelity is worse to the society than polygamy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

shut up & dig your head out of your rectum for once. i said human relationship has gone past one man/one woman theory for most. these days - many are keeping virtual relationships with or without their spouses' knowledge to keep it together. rather than have a husband cheating, is it not better for him to bring the other woman home & marry her legally?

the above tells me nothing other than the fact that......you are a tool!

2-parent families are not the reality for millions of children in the 21st century. dvorce, surrogate parents, extended relatives, and other diverse family arrangements mean families already come in different sizes—why not recognize polygyny legally?

yet you call yourself a feminist - you must be the mgbeke breed cos feminism has always advocated for the choice of women. if a woman wants one hubby, let her have one. if she wants a man who's already got 5 wives, why stop her from having him? it's all about choices.
It doesn't rhyme, find something better, as$.

Not to forget all what you just regurgitated has been talked on, ruminant.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
Smh

Y'all just need to take chill pills!!!
Na wa oooo!

I sure hope the OP takes something tangible out of this.

YYN

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
Shirley07:
It doesn't rhyme, find something better, as$.

Not to forget all what you just regurgitated has been talked on, ruminant.

for the slow-witted, obnoxious dullard like yourself, it's better to repeat till fade cos if half word is enough for the wise, you need a whole encyclopaedia.

you are the dullest nigerian female i have been unfortunate to come across.

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by cococandy(f): 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

and if he imports HIV or HPV for you, what then? how do you reverse HIV?

That was me #justsaying.

But in reality I will not accept an unrepentant cheat and turn a blind eye to his philandering in order to stay married.
Tua.

Just wanted you to know that even though the two are evil,cheating is in no way comparable to legalized cheating(polygamy)

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 4:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
cococandy:
That was me #justsaying.
But in reality I will not accept an unrepentant cheat and turn a blind eye to his philandering in order to stay married.
Tua.

i wouldn't advise anyone to stay with a cheat. that decision belongs to the aggrieved party to make by him/herself

Just wanted you to know that even though the two are evil,cheating is in no way comparable to legalized cheating(polygamy)

it's not comparable how?
so a man that is honest with his motive - tells the first wife he's found another woman he would like to bring home is worse than the one that lies to his first wife he's having conferences across the country while bunking with another woman secretly?

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by cococandy(f): 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
That would be if the polygamous man sleeps with only his wives right?
But you and I know that it is not so.

Ok speaking ideally the way it should be.
A monogamous man should sleep with only his wife and a polygamous man sleep with only his wives.
Now from the days of job,people have been going back on their vows. So one can't say all polygamous men are honest with their wives. That's a big joke.

Which would I chose? A monogamous man through' and through

There's no guarantee that a polygamous man will keep to only his wives. Infact the type of marriage he has that is devoid of strong emotional connection makes it easier for him to drop wives and take wives at will.(Go to the north and see for yourself)
All the excuse that is done to avoid infidelity is farce.
Neither is it done for charity.
It's pure lust at work

And yes the one he brings him is worse than the one he lied about. It is that simple
coogar:

i wouldn't advise anyone to stay with a cheat. that decision belongs to the aggrieved party to make by him/herself

it's not comparable how?
so a man that is honest with his motive - tells the first wife he's found another woman he would like to bring home is worse than the one that lies to his first wife he's having conferences across the country while bunking with another woman secretly?

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 4:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
datalossvictim1:

are you trying to telling us wives in polygamous marriage don't know each other?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 4:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
cococandy: That would be if the polygamous man sleeps with only his wives right?
But you and I know that it is not so.

do monogamous men sleep with only their wives? same risks apply - the difference between a polygamist & a monogamist is the honesty & the transparency the polygamist man has. the fact that a man is monogamous doesn't mean he's not dipping his sausage elsewhere.

Ok speaking ideally the way it should be.
A monogamous man should sleep with only his wife and a polygamous man sleep with only his wives. Now from the days of job,people have been going back on their vows. So one can't say all polygamous men are honest with their wives. That's a big joke.

one can't say all monogamous men are honest with their wives as well. the same danger exists in both settings & this is exactly why i said there's nothing wrong with both systems if everyone is honest......the people are the problem, not the system.

Which would I chose? A monogamous man through' and through

if i understand you correctly.....you would choose a monogamous man that cheats over a polygamist that cheats? cheesy grin cheesy

There's no guarantee that a polygamous man will keep to only his wives. Infact the type of marriage he has that is devoid of strong emotional connection makes it easier for him to drop wives and atke wives at will.(Go to the north and see for yourself)
All the excuse that is done to avoid infidelity is farce.
Neither is it done for charity.
It's pure lust at work

by the same token, there's no guarantee that a monogamous man will keep to his one & only wife. there are more cheating monogamous men than cheating polygamists.

polygamists don't have a double-headed pënis......they are exactly the same as the monogamous men apart from the fact that they are more honest about their urges towards women.

if the society via christianity didn't make polygamy a social stigma, 99% of the men practising monogamy today would all be polygamists. so many of the men you see today are just keeping up with the joneses - if they were born in another part of the world where polygamy is widely accepted, they would be polygamists!

8 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by cococandy(f): 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

do monogamous men sleep with only their wives? same risks apply - the difference between a polygamist & a monogamist is the honesty & the transparency the polygamist man has. the fact that a man is monogamous doesn't mean he's not dipping his sausage elsewhere.

and the fact that it is a monogamous union gives me the right to take necessary action against him for breach of contract

one can't say all monogamous men are honest with their wives as well. the same danger exists in both settings & this is exactly why i said there's nothing wrong with both systems if everyone is honest......the people are the problem, not the system.

if ideally everyone is honest,I would still have a problem with polygamy. Because my husband is honestly 'fvcking' another woman. Naa. Can't accept that with open eyes

if i understand you correctly.....you would choose a monogamous man that cheats over a polygamist that cheats? cheesy grin cheesy

but of course yes.even though none of both is desirable to me but if ti comes to chose one or die. You know what my choice is..

by the same token, there's no guarantee that a monogamous man will keep to his one & only wife. there are more cheating monogamous men than cheating polygamists.

I know this is fallacy. I could try argue it with you but none of us can actually state for sure that we are right on this particular issue. So I'll let it go

polygamists don't have a double-headed pënis......they are exactly the same as the monogamous men apart from the fact that they are more honest about their urges towards women.

and also more insensitive and selfish. Yea.

if the society via christianity didn't make polygamy a social stigma, 99% of the men practising monogamy today would all be polygamists. so many of the men you see today are just keeping up with the joneses - if they were born in another part of the world where polygamy is widely accepted, they would be polygamists!

yea but they are not and some are still faithful to their vows.

Leave talk coogar I know we won't agree on this matter.
Just know that there's no comparison between the two.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

for the slow-witted, obnoxious dullard like yourself, it's better to repeat till fade cos if half word is enough for the wise, you need a whole encyclopaedia.

you are the dullest nigerian female i have been unfortunate to come across.
Stale..
You add nothing that wasn't being discussed already.
Talking of dullard, why don't you chew on your living hair strand? Fo0lish Ruminant.

8 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
Shirley07:
Stale..
You add nothing that wasn't being discussed already.
Talking of dullard, why don't you chew on your living hair strands, Fo0lish Ruminant?

shirley, go fück yourself.....
i am busy having an intelligent discourse with a respectable lady. you should borrow a leaf from her on how to conduct yourself like a lady. you have the swag of a mango tree.

cococandy:
yea but they are not and some are still faithful to their vows.

how are you so sure of this? hilary clinton woulda sworn her hubby was faithful until monica lewinsky decided to spill the beans.

cococandy:
Leave talk coogar I know we won't agree on this matter.
Just know that there's no comparison between the two.

ok, let's agree to disagree.....

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by cococandy(f): 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

Copy that wink
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

it's not comparable how?
Same logic can be applied to a polygamist man. It's already discussed till death! What a waste of time.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

shirley, go fück yourself.....
i am busy having an intelligent discourse with a respectable lady. you should borrow a leaf from her on how to conduct yourself like a lady. you have the swag of a mango tree.

how are you so sure of this? hilary clinton woulda sworn her hubby was faithful until monica lewinsky decided to spill the beans.

I will keep fvcking with your head until that archaic cerebrum of yours is diminished. It's quite embarrassing.

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
Shirley07:
I will keep fvcking with your head until that archaic cerebrum of yours is diminished. It's quite embarrassing.

but i don't wanna fück you....na by force? cheesy grin

8 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

but i don't wanna fück you....na by force? cheesy grin
What specie of ruminants are you? Goat? Cow? Babirusa? Lets discuss that first.

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by coogar: 5:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
Shirley07:
What specie of ruminants are you? Goat? Cow? Babirusa? Lets discuss that first.

what we should discuss first is your endless clitoräl erectiöns for me. is it that you are single or your spouse can't satisfy you enough?

8 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
coogar:

what we should discuss first is your endless clitoräl erectiöns for me. is it that you are single or your spouse can't satisfy you enough?
You haven't answered my question? Tell me what's your name..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply)

Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? / Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women / Under What Conditions Should A Christian (born Again) Divorce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.