Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:33 AM

Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady - Culture (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (474298 Views)

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Dime(f): 6:30am On Jan 05, 2007
it doesn't matter anymore i changed it

Donzman:

She's referring to Chimaze I believe so you don't have to think that hard!

Congrats on your marriage Zulunation and good luck Chimaze.

Donzman still has a long way to go! cheesy

@Dime

Nice pic. . . Don't tell me you were out in Toronto wearing that in the winter! shocked

yes sweety i went to this naija new year jam, it was nice and cold. but i can't go to the club wearing a turtleneck sweater
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 05, 2007
Dime:

yes sweety i went to this naija new year jam, it was nice and cold. but i can't go to the club wearing a turtleneck sweater

angry. . . I need to get down to Toronto!!!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Dime(f): 6:37am On Jan 05, 2007
there is another one on saturday, it is really nice, it is like a regular club but they play naija tunes, makosa, ghana tunes, and the regular jamo and regular mix things. U should come down. It is in downtown toronto.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Efani(m): 10:12am On Jan 06, 2007
i'm ibo unfortunately
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Radiant(f): 11:27am On Jan 06, 2007
And which tribe would you have prefered to hail from, if not IBO?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Efani(m): 11:31am On Jan 06, 2007
ur mama's tribe
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Radiant(f): 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2007
Why call my momma? Is something wrong with you? Don't let me curse u out!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Efani(m): 12:09pm On Jan 06, 2007
lol can u take a joke??
if u cant then my bad
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Radiant(f): 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2007
Leave my Momma outta your stupid jokes. You can mention my name no worries, but my family? Don't dare!

Do you mind apologizing?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 1:17am On Jan 07, 2007
I apoloigize
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Radiant(f): 1:20am On Jan 07, 2007
lol. . . He's very stupid so he should apologize angry
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 1:22am On Jan 07, 2007
He has undecided
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by snazzydawn(f): 1:23am On Jan 07, 2007
chai, anwulem! these people have already concluded my bride price! Who wanted to make me a second wife? Hm, just watch me remove that first wife from the picture.

ZN, my father is from Ohafia, while my momma is from Calabar so I would not blame you for thinking I was from these parts, besides, I live in Uyo, I have lived here all my life so you were not altogether wrong. I even have an Efik name given to me by my mom's kinsmen, I have lived here for so long that I even forget where I am from. Thank God I have started visiting my village and started speaking Igbo(the Ohafia dialect which is really different), though not very fluently. All in all, I am very proud to be an Igbo girl. Thank God for this thread. Igbo Kwenu!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 1:25am On Jan 07, 2007
That makes it more interesting.

Calabar + Ibo = lipsrsealed

By the way, the bride price has just been increased cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Radiant(f): 1:26am On Jan 07, 2007
Oooops! lipsrsealed lmao
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by snazzydawn(f): 1:26am On Jan 07, 2007
I am not for sale o.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 1:30am On Jan 07, 2007
snazzydawn:

I am not for sale o.

I do not blame U cos U have been living all ur life in Uyo. My dear Snazzy U are an Ibo girl and the custom is dat U will be sold when we say U will be sold. grin You have no choice in this matter. So just make urself beautiful and prepare to go to ur hussy's house. Oh, dont worry we will make sure he is rich. A calabar and Ibo combination will always attract the highest bidder grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Radiant(f): 1:32am On Jan 07, 2007
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lmao
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by snazzydawn(f): 1:41am On Jan 07, 2007
uche, when it comes to brideprice billing, the Igbos never start. Over here, the groom will buy till he will feel like dying. You people are making noise o! Just come and marry a typical Calabar girl, you will run back to Owerri and find one girl because by the time they give you 8 lists-
1 for her father
1 for her mother
1 for her senior uncle
1 for her brothers(could be special list for each bro)
1 for her maternal family,
1for her paternal family
1 for the youth in the village
1 for her aunties

bro, you will weep. A brother to one of my friends almost did not marry his wife. He was given all the lists, and then asked to reinnovate the bride's father's house,buy him a brand new mercedes benz,and give 300,000. Marrying here is pathetic, they see it as an avenue to milk you dry( most of them). Talkless of the one you will spend on the day of traditional marriage, you will bring transport for them to "bring your bride" several times. We igbos are not expensive at all compared to the Efiks/Ibibios. For me sha, it will be almost free, my father does not need all those, just assure him that you will take care of his only daughter, that is all.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 1:44am On Jan 07, 2007
That's why you'll be my second wife Snazzydawn kiss. When can I con meet your father?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by snazzydawn(f): 1:46am On Jan 07, 2007
2nd wife? unto popsy shooting you with a gun.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by superman(m): 1:47am On Jan 07, 2007
for those ewudu pp, thats keep sayin ibo loves money hope yall readin up

zuu u no get sense oo! she says by the time she finishes roastin ur yansh ur 2nd wife go run hahhah
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Radiant(f): 1:47am On Jan 07, 2007
ZuluNation:

That's why you'll be my second wife Snazzydawn kiss. When can I con meet your father?
Sharp sharp! grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 1:52am On Jan 07, 2007
@ snazzydawn.

We don't have to tell popsy about that. Girl I'm a very rich man in America, I have mansions in all 50 states of America. Me and Bill Gates belong to the same Private Club.

I'm sure you don't want to miss out on the binging my second wife my dear.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 1:53am On Jan 07, 2007
And I was thinking about marrying this calabar girl. I guess it is time I broke off with Ekaette  grin

@ Zulu Thank God U are here. Where do U get ur hair cuts while U were in this Godforsaken Mormon town angry
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by snazzydawn(f): 1:54am On Jan 07, 2007
*yawns* "lead me not into temptation,Oh Lord"
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 1:58am On Jan 07, 2007
Uche2nna:

And I was thinking about marrying this calabar girl. I guess it is time I broke off with Ekaette grin

@ Zulu Thank God U are here. Where do U get your hair cuts while U were in this Godforsaken Mormon town angry

There's this place on State Street I used to go to, God I can't remember the name now, but it's like the only place that cuts black hair. Very funny because when I first moved to SLC there was no place that would cut black hair so I would cut it myself. Oh boy I don really suffer for this America.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 1:59am On Jan 07, 2007
snazzydawn:

*yawns* "lead me not into temptation,Oh Lord"

Are you sleepy my wife? do you want me to come put you to sleep?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by snazzydawn(f): 2:01am On Jan 07, 2007
you have all got me cracking my ribs
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 2:02am On Jan 07, 2007
U better try and remenber the place at least for my sake. I was not comfortable with a white man hovering over my hair with some razor in the name of barbing. Moreover, after the exercise I could not even recognise my damn self in the mirror angry
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Uche2nna(m): 2:05am On Jan 07, 2007
And plis stop flirting with Snazzy cos U do not fit into the plans I have for her. I am bent on making a lot of money from her bride price. She has Calabar and Ibo blood flowing thru her veins and so the hubby should be willing to surrender his account to me. I know U are stingy so get to stepping grin grin angry
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ynot(m): 2:06am On Jan 07, 2007
Calabar + Ibo =  

Calibo. Could be Taribo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (579) (Reply)

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.