Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,641 members, 7,851,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:12 PM

Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady - Culture (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (474025 Views)

Why Are You Proud To Be Nigerian? / Igbo Kwenu! Kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady / Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 21, 2007
Donzman:

Ijekoebee?. . .What does that mean?

I think it stemmed from an anambra dialect that would say Ije ko ebee? meaning where are you going? and Imo folks just picked that up.you never heard that?

Now spill it,what else besides "nwa ndi Imo" do you guys call us!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 12:14am On Mar 21, 2007
[]
Yes o,I grew up partly in Enugu and I can't tell you how many times I was referred to as onye imo,like I was some alien from outer space.
One great thing I liked about Anambra men though was the way they treated their wives.
The man may be a shoe repairman but mama Njideka wore the latest lace and George wrapper.
They know how to spoil their wives.
[quote][/quote]

being from Enugu, i am gonna take that as a compliment. i love the way Enugu and Anambra people speak though, makes you wanna listen to them all day.

as for names for people from other states or villages, i think it is everywhere. enugu calls anambra "agbaenu" people and anambra i heard calls enugu that too, and like you said imo and abia call anambra and enugu "ijekoebee"
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 21, 2007
I don't know of any name for Imo people except "Ndi Imo". Ndi Imo bia ebe n'ako anyi onu, fa ama ife a na ako?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 12:24am On Mar 21, 2007
Donzman:

I don't know of any name for Imo people except "Ndi Imo". Ndi Imo bia ebe n'ako anyi onu, fa ama ife a na ako?

yes oo, i know they call both Abia state and Imo state ndi Imo "nwanyi imo"

mama:- nwunye gi abu onye ebe e
you: o bu onye isi ala ngwa
mama: oh, onye imo, nwunye anyi bu onye imo
you: mama, o bu Abia state
mama: nwa m, anyi na akpo ha nile ndi Imo
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 12:31am On Mar 21, 2007
Anyi n'akpo fa ncha ndi Imo. . . wink More like it!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 12:41am On Mar 21, 2007
Donzman:

Anyi n'akpo fa ncha ndi Imo. . . wink More like it!

Donzman, that one na dialect. i dey try speak the igbo izugbe. if everyone begin speak or write their dialect here, chi ga eji chi ga abo, and we wont be understanding half of what they are writing. if you doubt am, make you try suggest that
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 2:00am On Mar 21, 2007
babyosisi:

Yes o,I grew up partly in Enugu and I can't tell you how many times I was referred to as onye imo,like I was some alien from outer space.
One great thing I liked about Anambra men though was the way they treated their wives.
The man may be a shoe repairman but mama Njideka wore the latest lace and George wrapper.
They know how to spoil their wives.
i heard from a yoruba lady that they think thats how Igbo men are in general.

and i've neva heard "Ijekoebe" before.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 2:03am On Mar 21, 2007
Yes generally Igbo men are sweet to their wives.I have a Yoruba friend that wanted so badly to marry an Igbo man because of her observation of her Igbo neighbors in Lagos.
I even tried to fix her up but it didn't work
She ended up with a wonderful Yoruba man and they are happy.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by abdkabir(m): 2:07am On Mar 21, 2007
Gud News.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Freewilly(f): 4:16am On Mar 21, 2007
@thiefofheart

I know you just dieing to comment on this thread grin I see you peeping in shocked. You can't do a thing to me on here because my Igbo brothers and sister would kick your behind tongue
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by wormedup(m): 7:51am On Mar 21, 2007
bia freewilly, o buro kwa i je chota okwu g-gbara gbabata n-ebe na etu onu. kpachakwara any gi, anyi aburo ndi n-cho uka.

gc, isi na inubeghi 'ijekoebee' nke mbu ?

ok baby, i ga amanu maka 'wawa' grin

donz, onye nna smiley ka ki mere ?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ZuluNation(m): 8:21am On Mar 21, 2007
Wow I sure did miss alot shocked
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 7:29pm On Mar 21, 2007
wormedup:

lol!! a nubeghi m "ijekoebee" sometimes i hear "ndi anambala", mana a ma m maka "wawa". o wu ihe ndi Imo n'akpo ndi Enugu. grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 21, 2007
@wormedup

A di m, a na m eme ofuma! wink
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 12:39am On Mar 22, 2007
wormedup:

bia freewilly, o buro kwa i je chota okwu g-gbara gbabata n-ebe na etu onu. kpachakwara any gi, anyi aburo ndi n-cho uka.

donz, onye nna smiley ka ki mere ?

wormedup, gini ka ndi wawa mere gi. ichoro ka m ga kpota umunne m ndi wawa
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by nnenneigbo(f): 1:50am On Mar 22, 2007
CHINEKE M
odi kwa egwuoooo
kedu ebe m nno, ebelebe ana egbu. chai nmakwara sign on.

Ndi wawa, ndi ijekoebe, ndi na eri okpa.
i still love enugu way of talking though, as sexy as hell me think smiley
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 3:26am On Mar 22, 2007
ele nga mmadu niile noo? unu o gbalagala?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by wormedup(m): 8:08am On Mar 22, 2007
GC,
odi kwara gi egwu o shocked

lele oge i ji bia n-acho ndi mmadu na forum a .
i na ehi kwa ura ? tongue
ka i bu onye omuanya grin ?
how u dey na ?

monshege,
e nwero ihe m si na ndi wawa mere m.
e birim na enugu. the place di very cool ma i jide ego grin .
ma ijighi ego, aru ga n-gbakasi gi big time !
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 2:23pm On Mar 22, 2007
!wormy
a di m nma. lol!! oops! but it wasn't dat late over here.
and yes, o wu eziokwu, a naghi m aruhu ura. cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by toshmann(m): 2:27am On Mar 23, 2007
ndi igbo anyi, unu anula maka nwoke oma a na akpo toshmann nwa mama? cheesy o bu m bu nwoke oma ahu. nwoke omaricha a na acho asa o ga alu cheesy biko kpoputa nu umu ada unu ka toshmann nwa mama sample-uo ha maka olulu.

emee ngwa ngwa e meghara odachi cheesy

olee umu oma ndia juru nairalandi
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 2:46am On Mar 23, 2007
toshmann:

ndi igbo anyi, unu anula maka nwoke oma a na akpo toshmann nwa mama? cheesy o bu m bu nwoke oma ahu. nwoke omaricha a na acho asa o ga alu cheesy biko kpoputa nu umu ada unu ka toshmann nwa mama sample-uo ha maka olulu.

emee ngwa ngwa e meghara odachi cheesy

olee umu oma ndia juru nairalandi

hahaha toshman kedu nke i choro?. onwere omalicha nwa gafere m ugbua
nwa a bu asa, adaeze, tomato jos, kiri kiri nwa, ogologo gbajie, ashanti kotoko, ezigbo nwanyi oma.
in fact bros, i no think you fit treat her like adaeze. grin
ima na, o na adi mwute na ifu nwanyi oma mara mma ebe o na ebe akwa, ebe o na aka adi mwute rie nne bu na o buru gi mere o ji ebe akwa, ya mere anyi ga etinye application gi na azu cheesy
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by ghettochyk(f): 2:48am On Mar 23, 2007
a chigbuo m o we m n'ochi!!!

ele onye i choro k'anyi pkoputara gi? ele ubochi i n'acho igba akwukwo gi ka m mara timu m were i chotara gi nwunye. ego ole ka i ga akwu m? zaa m osiso, oge wu ego (see it backwards? ) grin
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ynot(m): 4:12am On Mar 23, 2007
monshege:

wormedup, gini ka ndi wawa mere gi. ichoro ka m ga kpota umunne m ndi wawa

Which part of Enugu you from?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 4:14am On Mar 23, 2007
Ynot:

Which part of Enugu you from?

na the main enugu ooo. (ime ime wawa. ndi a na eji okpa anu tea). why yu dey ask, abi na for enugu wey yu come from?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ynot(m): 4:37am On Mar 23, 2007
Yep. Nkanu anyi, nkanu anyi, nkanu ebuka!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 4:44am On Mar 23, 2007
Ynot:

Yep. Nkanu anyi, nkanu anyi, nkanu ebuka!

hahaha abeg which part wey yu hail from
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ynot(m): 4:47am On Mar 23, 2007
Ugomba city
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Nobody: 4:54am On Mar 23, 2007
Nwoke ndia?  grin. . .Weputara anyi ufodu egwu oma ahu, Highlife!
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ynot(m): 5:01am On Mar 23, 2007
Odi nma my brother. kedu egwu i choro?
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 5:02am On Mar 23, 2007
@Ynot
akpugo. kedu ihe unu na eche tupu unu aga kwaa uzo motor unu. grin i see beacoup rich men for your side with big and beautiful houses, but na the roads wey get F9
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by Ynot(m): 5:08am On Mar 23, 2007
We all love to travel on rough road. LOL. Nah, they are waiting for Nnamani to build the road i guess.
Re: Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady by monshege: 5:13am On Mar 23, 2007
Ynot:

We all love to travel on rough road. LOL. Nah, they are waiting for Nnamani to build the road i guess.

hmmmmm ok ooo, when he finally builds the road, let me know so i can come get a spouse from there. for now, i no want make my in laws break their neck say dem dey travel along the rough road. i will believe you if you say y'all like it like that. must be njirimara.
apart from their beauty, which other good njirimara is your people known for? i wan make i delete the bad road for my hard drive and install new and better feature

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (579) (Reply)

Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.