Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed (52987 Views)

Report: NNPC top mgt to go, accounts to be probed-Daily Trust / Buhari Is Supporting Boko Haram, He Should Be Probed – Fani-kayode / Jonathan Retains Ihejirika As Army Chief In Military Shake Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by desgiezd(m): 4:43pm On Sep 22, 2014
http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/us-wants-ihejirika%E2%80%99s-sudden-%E2%80%98billions%E2%80%99-probed#.VCAFpfZ0-v8.facebook

Former Chief of Army Staff, General Azubuike Ihejirika is in the cross hairs of the United States as that nation is insisting that the former army top gun be probed for alleged diversion of funds meant for the procurement of weapons and other warfare equipment meant for the army.

Ihejirika who arguably one of the wealthiest retired Generals allegedly pocketed billions of naira meant for the Army.

According to our source, the US Ambassador to Nigeria, James Entwistle raised the issue when he met recently with President Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja.

Ambassador Entwisle at the meeting at the Presidential Villa, said the U.S is particularly concerned about the sudden riches of Ihejirika.

Ihejirika, who was fingered as one of the sponsors of Boko Haram by the Australian hostage negotiator, Davies, is the front-runner for the Abia state Gover‎norship seat.

The US Ambassador told Jonathan that the Americans who were in Nigeria to assist in the fight against insurgents were shocked to find out that what was on ground did not match the billions allocated under Ihejirika’s watch.

There have been pockets of grumbling amongst the army rank and file over obsolete and sometimes lack of top shelf weapons. This boiled over when some soldiers mutinied against a General. Those soldiers were court martialed and sentenced to death.

In 2012 alone the defence budget for capital expenditure was N34.36 Billion‎ with a whooping N5.71 Billion earmarked for the acquisition of equipment by the Army.

U.S President Barack Obama or the Secretary of state, John Kerry is expected to discuss the issue with Jonathan at some close sessions during the United Nations General Assembly.

The alleged rot and high level corruption in the military, sources said, has affected the morale of the Americans who here as technical partners and advisers.

Entwistle, it was learnt told Jonathan, every top military officer should be held accountable if he wants the US to be part of the fight against insurgents.

The high level corruption, contract inflation and purchase of obsolete equipment and arms cut across the three services.

This rot made Defence minister General Aliyu Gusau to insist that every contract or procurement must pass through his office. Curiously, this move did not go down well with the service chiefs who had hitherto enjoyed autonomy.

Said our source” the Americans want Ihejirika and his cohort probed. They are insisting that the Government must hold thieving Generals accountable if Nigeria wants them to be part of the fight against Boko Haram”

“The Ambassador expressed his nations unhappiness with what Ihejirika did with the billions allocated to the Army. They are insisting he be probed.
We all know he is one of the riches retired Generals‎ around. He made billions that is why he wants to be Abia Governor,” said our source

139 Likes 14 Shares

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by eph12(m): 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
Let him be investigated or probed asap..

59 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by fkaz(m): 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
The rate of corruption allegation in this administration is just too appalling

189 Likes 6 Shares

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2014
Is this really truev or a joke?

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by boix(m): 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
Imagine the chief of army staff twarting efforts being made to bring an end to this insurgency, someone should be held accountable and treated as a criminal for me I think he is worse than the terrorists. Oh! My beloved country where do we go frm here

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
See The Boko Haram Formation:

[size=16pt]Jonathan- The Commander-In-chief

Sherrif ----Financial Sponsor

Ihejirika---Operational Head

Oritsejafor-Spiritual/Logistics Director

Shekau-. Field Commandant[/size]

Don't look further than the above mentioned people, if you are serious about exterminating boko haram!

334 Likes 42 Shares

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2014
Igbo Kwenu !!! grin

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
Tooh bad. For the former coas

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Mamaflex(f): 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
We are on a long thing

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
let everything be exposed,muslim or christian,just show us d sponsorer of boko hara

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by IGBOSON1: 5:03pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ibnsultan: Tooh bad. For the former coas

^^^Of course you'll want to believe this tales by moonlight! Ihejirika should wait in line until all your thieving retired generals up north are probed!

Cheers!

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by GowonAbacha: 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
bishopoliver: Igbo Kwenu !!! grin
grin na the only thing they sabi be that.That's what they do bestgrin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by RockMaxi: 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2014
Business as usual. It only got worse because of his tribe.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by desgiezd(m): 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2014

GowonAbacha:
grin na the only thing they sabi be that grin

We should discuss this issue on its own merit and not narrow it down to tribal bashing, please!

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2014

This is a serious matter, let's not go tribal! I am Igbo but I don't support criminality as exemplified by jonadafft and ihejirika!

160 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by tit(f): 5:16pm On Sep 22, 2014
1) war crimes - fail
2) yarlan mallam (boko haram) sponsor - fail
3) kworruption - faaaail!

16 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by tit(f): 5:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

This is a serious matter, let's not go tribal! I am Igbo but I don't support criminality as exemplified by jonadafft and ihejirika!

bigot,
nobody cares where you are from.
I am a Yoruba girl married to an Eggon man but I do not go around blowing my trumpet as a detribalised Nigerian.
I just have my say.
Shikena!

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by nduchucks: 5:18pm On Sep 22, 2014

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by shizzle11(m): 5:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
mtchewww,......nonsense

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
tit: 1) war crimes - fail
2) yarlan mallam (boko haram) sponsor - fail
3) kworruption - faaaail!
DMI has evidence of Govs in N/D supporting the militia's there. Same here. Individuals have sponsored n made use of BH at different times either directing/indirecting to gain financially/politically. The presidency should trial Non-sponsors/ suspected sponsor if found guilty the should be made to pay the prize 4 treason If innocent Freed

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Metallurgist: 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2014
The Americans must be in league with APC. To advance their islamic agenda and anti-igbo policies...... This is how pdp bigot and jonathanians think.

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by BlackTechnology: 5:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Shut up

Why haven't the US freeze the accounts of OBJ IBB Danjunma etc

Is it because Ihejirika is Igbo and GEJ is Ijaw that is why US is talking

My opinion is

If this info is true, it means GEJ's govt has refused being US puppet which has angered the US

Imagine after refusing AFRICOM, increasing trade with China and refusing Gay law, do you think US will be happy.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by yorubakid1: 5:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
nduchucks: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1720485_cusersa949824desktopbk_jpeg959ea0746e70cb39021116b1935d6258

Updated as needed
Abo.ki!you forgot to add hell-rufai,buhari, Tinubu and sanusi to your updates sad sad

28 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 22, 2014
The bitter truth is that no investigation would be carried out.

11 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by lilprinze: 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ihejirika and his cohort should be probed and thoroughly investigated .
it would be a shame if the chief of army staff is among the evil people who are also trying to sabotage efforts being made to bring an end to BH.

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by idupaul: 5:30pm On Sep 22, 2014
The US is wasting its time if it thinks GEJ will move against a corrupt General , if the USA is serious about this they should have told GEJ that Ihejirka is working against GEJ 2015 presidential ambition and see how fast GEJ would arrest Ihejirka

121 Likes 4 Shares

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Shut up

Why haven't the US freeze the accounts of OBJ IBB Danjunma etc

Is it because Ihejirika is Igbo and GEJ is Ijaw that is why US is talking

My opinion is

If this info is true, it means GEJ's govt has refused being US puppet which has angered the US

Imagine after refusing AFRICOM, increasing trade with China and refusing Gay law, do you think US will be happy.

sir Yar'adua was the one who refused to Allow Africom have a base. I can tell you we have hundreds of Africom personnel's in different capacities from Abuja op center to various bases across Nig as advisers/intel

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by BlackTechnology: 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2014
lilprinze: Ihejirika and his cohort should be probed and thoroughly investigated .

Yes after IBB OBJ ABACHA etc are held in Guatemalan bay for socio-economic terrorism.

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
lilprinze: Ihejirika and his cohort should be probed and thoroughly investigated .

1 Like

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
tit:

bigot,
nobody cares where you are from.
I am a Yoruba girl married to an Eggon man but I do not go around blowing my trumpet as a detribalised Nigerian.
I just have my say.
Shikena!

Mumu but you just did lipsrsealed

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by BlackTechnology: 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
Ibnsultan: sir Yar'adua was the one who refused to Allow Africom have a base. I can tell you we have hundreds of Africom personnel's in different capacities from Abuja op center to various bases across Nig as advisers/intel

That's true and GEJ maintained it

Don't forget GEJ has increased trade with China/non-western nations and refused Gay law.

Until Nigeria starts taking the development of indigenous weapons by tasking her universities to carry out weapons related projects at students, departmental, faculty, university, state, geopolitical, regional and national levels, The US will continue to bully us the way they did to China and India years ago.

18 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Ihejirika’s Sudden ‘Billions’ Probed by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2014
Interesting!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Inauguration :President Buhari And Jonathan Laughing Together ( Photo ) / What Made Iara Oshiomole To Laugh Like This? / What Rochas Okorocha Did To The Imo Govt House (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.